Patch 247: Archaeopteryx, Tapejara, Night Vision Goggles and more!

Jatheish

• Administrator

large.ARK_archaeopteryx_Post.jpg.b73c095

Patch 247 brought cuteness and beauty today to ARK: Survival Evolved with the addition of two new dinos, Tapejara and Archaeopteryx. Both are small, beautiful flying creatures, the latter resembling the modern bird more than any other dinosaur on the ARK. 

large.57d6ef5c70d8d_ShooterGame2016-09-1

large.Dossier_Archaeopteryx.jpg.6cf12d3b

The Archaeopteryx is a small bird-like forest-dweller that glides between trees, harvesting their sap as well as consuming small insects.

large.57d6ef5bc459b_ShooterGame2016-09-1

The Archaeopteryx is a small bird-like forest-dweller that glides between trees, harvesting their sap as well as consuming small insects. When Tamed, it can be used to collect sap, or held overhead for players to “glide” over long distances!

large.download.jpg.faeb28ded3f7633e0ade1

large.5758db84034bf_Dossier_Tapejara(1).

The Tapejara is a mid-size pterosaur whose large head-fin gives it superior maneuverability.

large.57d6ef88334f0_ShooterGame2016-09-1

Not only can it ‘strafe’ while in the air, it can only cling onto walls, allowing its rider and up to two additional seated passengers to shoot their weapons!

large.57d6ef8ecb6b1_ShooterGame2016-09-1

Update v247 also includes Night Vision Goggles for stealthy raids, and a bevy of performance optimizations and gameplay fixes. As well as major updates to The Center Map!

large.57d6ef7bc9f2d_ShooterGame2016-09-1

The Center fantasy map expanded today to now include 13 new mini caves, new explorable area near the “Edge of the World,” more spawns, loads of fixes, re-work of the weather system, and more! 

View full article

Interesting that the Tapejara can only cling onto walls and can't actually land. That makes it a must have flying mount for those who have Redwoods bases, easy, easy storage there.

So I assume that we'll be taming Archaeopteryx with tree sap then, eh? Might even take chitin considering it eats insect matter, but pretty sure tree sap will be it's favored food. Nice and cheap alternative to the tree sap tap though.

Can't wait for them to come to Xbox soon.

I'm assuming if they are releasing a preview it will be out later today. It would be dumb on their part to push back the ETA 1 more day (from yesterday). Pushing it 1 more day would most likely mean they found all the big problems and they wouldn't expect any other complications. All I know is ima raise hell if come Tuesday, Xbox passes us in terms of updates... Tighten security WildCard, I'm dressing up as a T-Rex and coming down there (I live 25 mins from your HQ)

Edited by CoRpSe916

1 hour ago, FaneBlackwing said:

Interesting that the Tapejara can only cling onto walls and can't actually land. That makes it a must have flying mount for those who have Redwoods bases, easy, easy storage there.

So I assume that we'll be taming Archaeopteryx with tree sap then, eh? Might even take chitin considering it eats insect matter, but pretty sure tree sap will be it's favored food. Nice and cheap alternative to the tree sap tap though.

Can't wait for them to come to Xbox soon.

What made you think it can't land? There's a tapejara standing on the redwood platform in the spotlight lol

22 minutes ago, Kaprodonychus said:

What made you think it can't land? There's a tapejara standing on the redwood platform in the spotlight lol

They specifically said " it can only cling onto walls "

But now that I watch it again, there is indeed a Tapejara sitting on a Redwood Platform. Odd word choice they used there.

Edited by FaneBlackwing

1 hour ago, VerboseVagrant said:

And here we are on XBox... Still no Titanosaur, no Pelagornis, no Redwood expansion... And the levels have been nerfed for The Center :'(

Uhh...?

There's all of the above. Unless you mean the Redwood expansion for the Center, then that is coming mid-September according to to the creator of the map.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, FaneBlackwing said:

They specifically said " it can only cling onto walls "

But now that I watch it again, there is indeed a Tapejara sitting on a Redwood Platform. Odd word choice they used there.

It's a typo given the flow of the statement, meant to say "Not only can it ‘strafe’ while in the air, it can also cling onto walls".

• Jatheish pinned and featured this topic
  • Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic