Taming Rock Elemental - PRIMITIVE

EhOhDino

So, On the Official Primitive Server on SE, players/tribe have came onto this server and started abusing/attacking people without question so.. We of course wiped them, Baring in mind that this was only one week after the server was released, We raided and wiped out their whole base, While doing so we found a level 46 Rock Elemental, So now, 4 days after they hit us and wiped us, I'm just wondering on how the pooptie they managed to get one, We tried getting one before we attacked and didn't even dent it, 350 shots only 660 torpar like.. SHEESH smedley!

So the questions are:

How many catapults/Boulder would we need for a level 4-8?

How difficult would it be for us to tame one?

Also, How would be able to eliminate the other player/tribes one? So we finally killed it about 3/4 days ago (as of 19/09/2016) we attacked their base, Waited for the Rock Elemental to be on neutral or aggressive then as we was luring it towards the lava it started fighting another Rock Elemental (wild) and it died! (It was a great day for us)

Anyone who can help it would be greatly appreciated/Anyone who would like to join us in the fight against them, Message me on here.

-Eh Oh Dino

1. It is very possible you didn't get all their things.

2. A rock elemental set to being in rock form can be easy to miss.

3. Cannon balls are the more effective thing to tame them with. Tame times are listed on the wiki.

4. Any organized large group of people working together can take down others in a never ending cycle. The larger and more organized can even do this from scratch in a matter of hours so 4 days later seems wholly plausible.  You can't kill their levels and engrams after all unless you're on a hardcore server.

5. Country of origin has nothing to do with this. I highly suggest you edit that out to avoid being pop'd as this could easily be construed as country of origin bashing

Honestly you should just not bother taming one. Catapults do such little torpor (compared to rockets and cannons) that it's a waste of resources.

They are practically immune to most things if you do invest the time and resources to tame one though.

Here's the tame times on a 1X server for a level 4:

Mantis Kibble:00:14:34

Sulfur:04:43:55

Clay:07:53:11

Stone:33:49:12

And level 8:

Mantis Kibble:00:16:45

Sulfur:05:31:14

Clay:09:12:21

Stone:39:25:53

Tame times seem really long with out kibble but its not that bad. If you can get it knocked out nothing will attack it and you need only add topor every 3.5 hours or so. The topor time is super long freeing you up to do other stuff. When I did my level 8 I knocked it out then 2 hours later came back pumped the 50 narcs it needed and only came back when it was nearly tamed. Spent the rest of the time doing other stuff. 

27 minutes ago, Multivitamin said:

Tame times seem really long with out kibble but its not that bad. If you can get it knocked out nothing will attack it and you need only add topor every 3.5 hours or so. The topor time is super long freeing you up to do other stuff. When I did my level 8 I knocked it out then 2 hours later came back pumped the 50 narcs it needed and only came back when it was nearly tamed. Spent the rest of the time doing other stuff. 

and still you need tons of boulders to knock it out...
at first im was happy about the removal of the cannon from primitive.. now i am here with some mixed feelings...
you can´t tame them without great effort... but on the other hand others can´t do that too... since they are nearly everywhere and it´s not hard to find them... and they are not killable without big effort... trust me.. those things on primitive are surely broken, if you got no wyvern...
i wonder if a strong rex can do the trick....

I know that a mid level elemental's rock toss hits my 121 rex for about 1/6 of its HP (5k total) so i'd be worried to try and go at it toe to toe. I know there are places to get them stuck on the map where they never move. If you can set up a catapult near one of those with a metal wall in front of you you might be albe to knock out a low level one. I'll try it out in my single player game when I get home if no one else knows how much topor a head shot from the catapult does. Either way sounds like it would be super resource intensive on a primitive. 

3 minutes ago, Multivitamin said:

I know that a mid level elemental's rock toss hits my 121 rex for about 1/6 of its HP (5k total) so i'd be worried to try and go at it toe to toe. I know there are places to get them stuck on the map where they never move. If you can set up a catapult near one of those with a metal wall in front of you you might be albe to knock out a low level one. I'll try it out in my single player game when I get home if no one else knows how much topor a head shot from the catapult does. Either way sounds like it would be super resource intensive on a primitive. 

Agreed, however due to that same reason it would be a huge asset if acquired. 

I was about to suggest the same thing, trap it or get it stuck where it cannot move... then line up the catapult and just keep on shooting at its finely sculpted head.

2 hours ago, Vaskur said:

at first im was happy about the removal of the cannon from primitive.. now i am here with some mixed feelings...
you can´t tame them without great effort... but on the other hand others can´t do that too... since they are nearly everywhere and it´s not hard to find them... and they are not killable without big effort... trust me.. those things on primitive are surely broken, if you got no wyvern...

If it doesn't break stone don't bother fighting one with it.

On 9/12/2016 at 9:02 AM, EhOhDino said:

So, On the Official Primitive Server on SE, players/tribe have came onto this server and started abusing/attacking people without question so.. We of course wiped them, Baring in mind that this was only one week after the server was released, We raided and wiped out their whole base, While doing so we found a level 46 Rock Elemental, So now, 4 days after they hit us and wiped us, I'm just wondering on how the pooptie they managed to get one, We tried getting one before we attacked and didn't even dent it, 350 shots only 660 torpar like.. SHEESH smedley!

So the questions are:

How many catapults/Boulder would we need for a level 4-8?

How difficult would it be for us to tame one?

Also, How would be able to eliminate the other player/tribes one?

Anyone who can help it would be greatly appreciated/Anyone who would like to join us in the fight against them, Message me on here.

-Eh Oh Dino

they are not hard to tame we tamed 1 and an ally tamed 4 (yes we are on a diff server but we used cannons to tame)

you just need to trap it and then cannon it then its easy (our lvl 12 took less then 15 shots to KO and the first 2 were to get the shot lined up right)

On 9/12/2016 at 0:38 PM, Vaskur said:

Kill the Golem with fire arrows... at least the wiki says, that they can harm them..

Primitive still has no cannons... Catapults do little torpor, as far as i know.

I've used over 50 flame arrows on a level 8 and it basically did nothing in time...same with flamethrower.....best way I've seen is hard hitters like cannon, rockets etc....but since the OP stated primitive means...well its gonna take you a long time with boulders,they are not really effective, they do some torpor but really not that noticeable.

Thank you to everyone who commented, We finally managed to kill it by luring it towards another Rock Elemental and made them fight, If their one won, We'd just get another one to fight it, Rinse and repeat and you'll eventually kill it.

As for the KO'ing on Primitive servers you actually cannot get Primitive cannons, Stupid I know but.. Catapults do about 5 torp per shot so you'll need around 2000 shots (including missed shots) to successfully KO it, that's for a level 4/8 by the way, Getting a 120 would probably take around 150-250,000 shots from a Catapult.

• 8 months later...
On 9/13/2016 at 1:46 PM, Vaskur said:

Someone Kited a lvl 20 rock golem to our base in an attempt to steal our goods while we were away from base.  we received the on screen message that our tames were being killed by the golem, so we headed back to base.   We used two rexes to kill it.  lvl 240 and lvl 220.  both had almost 10k health. and were male and female, so they were getting the mate boosted bonus.  It was a very close match.  the female who had about 9k health had to back off a couple times and regain health before continuing and our strategy was attack it from both sides so we could mitigate some damage due to split targeting for the Golem.  Both rexes were very low on health after the battle, so i wouldn't suggest going at one solo, or with low lvl rexes.

After their first attempt to wipe us failed, they kited a wayvrn to our base (because we put up stone walls and dino gates).  many more dinos died, and we moved all but our strongest 4 rexes to a different server.  a day later all the rexes had been killed and our base leveled.

needless to say we're still trying to come up with an effective strategy to prevent the sort of devastation.

The kiting of rock golems in PVE (primitive) is a real problem.  I'd like to just tame some lvl 150 golems to defend our base, but that seems very unlikely in Primitive.

10 hours ago, SomeGuyWes said:

Someone Kited a lvl 20 rock golem to our base in an attempt to steal our goods while we were away from base.  we received the on screen message that our tames were being killed by the golem, so we headed back to base.   We used two rexes to kill it.  lvl 240 and lvl 220.  both had almost 10k health. and were male and female, so they were getting the mate boosted bonus.  It was a very close match.  the female who had about 9k health had to back off a couple times and regain health before continuing and our strategy was attack it from both sides so we could mitigate some damage due to split targeting for the Golem.  Both rexes were very low on health after the battle, so i wouldn't suggest going at one solo, or with low lvl rexes.

After their first attempt to wipe us failed, they kited a wayvrn to our base (because we put up stone walls and dino gates).  many more dinos died, and we moved all but our strongest 4 rexes to a different server.  a day later all the rexes had been killed and our base leveled.

needless to say we're still trying to come up with an effective strategy to prevent the sort of devastation.

The kiting of rock golems in PVE (primitive) is a real problem.  I'd like to just tame some lvl 150 golems to defend our base, but that seems very unlikely in Primitive.

Ok, since that post, there was a nerf.... taming golems on primitive is now not even worth the effort, becasue they get easyly killed by good rexes and Gigas. 

Archived