Rock Elementals need a buff?

Rotiart

1 hour ago, Rotiart said:

Bump and update

So, I tripped on my Golem, and fell like, maybe 6 meters

1k HP down the drain

Tried everything from stone to berries to meat to Narcotic, and the golem was completely unresponsive.

At least Herbs have Veggie Cakes, and are slightly responsive to gross amounts of berries.

If you dismount in the air it will take no fall damage and neither will you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tamed a rock elemental and I'm using it now that my doedicurus disappeared under a respawned rock after he gathered it on his own, just to get stone. The golem has been parked in a corner of the base cause it doesn't tank any damage, it cannot be healed with anything ( tried meat, sulfur, stone and even salt) and it's incredibly slow and drains stamina as hell. I thought I could use it for Deathworms, but that's not the case, it nearly died poor guy and took ages to regen HP. (If you want to get worms tame two high level mate boosted rexes, they will get 75 damage against the 150ish the golems take from them.)
I don't understand the choice to leave wild golems with 10% damage and 20k HP and not the tamed ones that have a huge nerf after taming. My 150 Wyvern with almost 300% damage deals 25 to them. A wild 16 Wyvern wrecks my golem super easily, so I cannot use it as bait to tranq them.
It's a cool big rocky guy tho. That's all. 

16 hours ago, Rezerk said:

I tamed a rock elemental and I'm using it now that my doedicurus disappeared under a respawned rock after he gathered it on his own, just to get stone. The golem has been parked in a corner of the base cause it doesn't tank any damage, it cannot be healed with anything ( tried meat, sulfur, stone and even salt) and it's incredibly slow and drains stamina as hell. I thought I could use it for Deathworms, but that's not the case, it nearly died poor guy and took ages to regen HP. (If you want to get worms tame two high level mate boosted rexes, they will get 75 damage against the 150ish the golems take from them.)
I don't understand the choice to leave wild golems with 10% damage and 20k HP and not the tamed ones that have a huge nerf after taming. My 150 Wyvern with almost 300% damage deals 25 to them. A wild 16 Wyvern wrecks my golem super easily, so I cannot use it as bait to tranq them.

Yeah, my rock golem has been a big disappointment.  I tamed a level 24 and he has 4k hp and runs out of stamina very quickly.  I've tried to use him as a harvester but unlike others he can't even attack when he runs out of stamina.  It takes so long for it to refill as well.  I haven't tried fighting anything major with him b/c i just assumed that he would die which seems likely to be the case.  My rex has 25k hp right now so he can murder sandworms easily enough.  I'd really like to use the rock guy more but don't see a reason right now.  Once i have the mantis kibble I'll tame up a high level one though my expectations will be pretty low for it.

19 hours ago, bloddstar said:

Yeah, my rock golem has been a big disappointment.  I tamed a level 24 and he has 4k hp and runs out of stamina very quickly.  I've tried to use him as a harvester but unlike others he can't even attack when he runs out of stamina.  It takes so long for it to refill as well.  I haven't tried fighting anything major with him b/c i just assumed that he would die which seems likely to be the case.  My rex has 25k hp right now so he can murder sandworms easily enough.  I'd really like to use the rock guy more but don't see a reason right now.  Once i have the mantis kibble I'll tame up a high level one though my expectations will be pretty low for it.

Yeah I hear you.. Don't try to fight with it.. you will end up losing the tame. I want to do the same about taming a higher level one with max bonus levels, but in 3 days I got 1 egg from 5 mate boosted mantises, so I don't know if it's ever going to be possible.

On 20/09/2016 at 3:03 PM, Rezerk said:

A wild 16 Wyvern wrecks my golem super easily, so I cannot use it as bait to tranq them.

What level was your golem?  4?

Wyverns practically do no damage to them.  Breath nada, melee (when they actually do it) does 50% damage (before saddle).

They've worked amazingly for us.  Here are 2 raids we did on a x5 server.  This was like day 4 or 5.  The next one 2 days later.  Now before you all start wailing about x5 and going "official forever!".  It's all relative.  This base wouldn't have been as big and we would have just had less golems on x1.  We really had no clue what we were doing on the first raid.  Had a couple of little ones on wyverns before these, but not with golems.

1 hour ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Maybe they want longer times between raids.. balance pvp out a little more

This makes overthrowing an alpha, or wiping out a tiny troll tribe way harder than it should be

44 minutes ago, Smash said:

Wyverns practically do no damage to them.  Breath nada, melee (when they actually do it) does 50% damage (before saddle).

They've worked amazingly for us.  Here are 2 raids we did on a x5 server.  This was like day 4 or 5.  The next one 2 days later.  Now before you all start wailing about x5 and going "official forever!".  It's all relative.  This base wouldn't have been as big and we would have just had less golems on x1.  We really had no clue what we were doing on the first raid.  Had a couple of little ones on wyverns before these, but not with golems.

My Golem was tamed at 120, and whatever job it does at soaking up bullets, a Riot Shield Paracer does better. Any Job of doing ranged damage, a Catapault, Wyvern, Ballista, or Cannon does better.

4 minutes ago, Rotiart said:

This makes overthrowing an alpha, or wiping out a tiny troll tribe way harder than it should be

My Golem was tamed at 120, and whatever job it does at soaking up bullets, a Riot Shield Paracer does better. Any Job of doing ranged damage, a Catapault, Wyvern, Ballista, or Cannon does better.

No, they really don't.  Go throw a rock at someones base and be amazed as it damages stuff on the inside of the building.

46 minutes ago, Smash said:

No, they really don't.  Go throw a rock at someones base and be amazed as it damages stuff on the inside of the building.

Wyverns kill things indoors as well, and Rocks can't do damage to stone, like Cannons and Ballista, not that the Golem can do any reasonable damage, either.

3 hours ago, Smash said:

I've seen these videos when they came out, I actually like H.O.D very much, but no my golem is not lvl 4, it's actually 66, which is not impressive I know, it was the first I got and it was something like 26 or 30 wild. And yeah on day 4 or 5 and 2 days later they still received only 10% damage. I just talk for my experience with 6k HP it's not able to tank damage as a "rock golem" should be supposed to. Not whining or complaining, it was cool when I saw on videos what was able to endure and when I finally got the DLC I was a bit disappointed about what it became. I'm sure a lvl 120 as you guys have will be absolutely worth it, working on mantis eggs for those. ( If you know how to make them produce more eggs please share your knowledge!) I play on 5x servers too, and I don't judge you anyway. 
My observation was about the absolute contrast between wild and tamed and the little use you have for them if lower level.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived