Community Crunch 62, ARK Digest 40 & NVIDIA Ansel Photography Results!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hello Survivors,

Welcome to your latest edition of the Community Crunch!

NVidia Ansel Photography Contest

large.Ansel.jpg.683f020687f3fe873c17912d

Super Resolution Version

Earlier this week we announced our first ever NVidia Ansel Photography Contest! We had an amazing amount of entries in such a short space of time and are quite excited with the results survivors have produced so far!

There were 3 potential categories for survivors to enter their shots into and they were the following:

Three Categories

• Super Resolution: These should be taken at 8x Super Resolution. Players can optionally use Depth of Field effects accessible in Spectator mode by pressing the [Delete] key.
  • Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D: These should be taken at 4x Super Resolution,  in 360 Stereoscopic 3D mode. We will crop them to 2D for web display, while also providing the 3D version for viewing within VR display.
  • Freeform: Any settings, whacky and creative use of Ansel filters are encouraged. Adding humorous titles/captions in Photoshop is also acceptable for this category!

And now without further ado, the entries!

Super Resolution!

You’ll want to click on the image title to be able to download the maximum size image, we’ve resized them for display purposes :) 

Winners

Naked Zombo - Survivor Versus Manticore

large.57d3a948d74f2_Nakedzombo-SurvivorV

AsH and his Pikachu!

large.57d3a94647500_AsHandPikachu.jpg.9e

Honourable Mentions!

AsH - Hot Desert

large.57d3a94cbd227_AsH-HotDesert.jpg.94

JayEx23 - Poison Wyvern

large.57d3a94f35bc0_JayExPoisonWyvern.jp

Roro - Terror Bird Takes Flight

large.57d3a95981d4f_Roros-TerrorBirdFlig

AsH - The Portal

large.57d3a9548bd29_AsH-ThePortal.jpg.91

ThickFreedom - Manticore Statue

large.57d3a95e2422b_ThickFreedomManticor

Della Driggs - Wyvern and Survivor

large.57d3a96a9b1b4_DellaDriggs-Wyvernan

Namachan - Power Level 530,000

large.57d3a96cc4082_Namachan-PowerLevel5

Tamaster92 - Frozen City

large.57d3a97039789_Tamaster92-FrozenCit

ThickFreedom - Dino Graveyard

large.57d3a972ccc2d_ThickFreedomDinoGrav

Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D

You’ll want to click on the image title to be able to download it and check it out in all its VR Glory!

Winners

Sunrise Over the ARK - SimiA

large.57d3a88162913_ARKSurvivalEvolvedSu

Naked Zombo - Desert Landscape

large.57d3b1bbe5cc6_NakedZombo-DesertLan

Honourable Mentions

SimiA - Dark Dungeons

large.57d3a88b33168_ARKSurvivalEvolvedDa

SimiA - Dangerous Fishing

large.57d3a888da732_ARKSurvivalEvolvedDa

Freeform!

Winners

Lena - Selfie-Time!

large.57d3b7f20172b_Lena-Selfie-Time!.jp

Gabbbri58 - Wyvern Flight

large.57d3b7ef96e3c_Gabbbri58-Wyvern.jpg

Squidge Meister - Do Devils Breed

large.57d3aa7076172_SquidgeMeister-DoDev

Honourable Mentions

Joshua King - Desert Landscape

large.57d3b7f8383ec_JoshuaKing-DesertLan

Joshua King - Swamp

large.57d3b7fb14a7b_JoshuaKing-Swamp.jpg

Christopher Warburton - Frozen Obelisk

large.57d3b7fe15828_ChristopherWarburton

tomb - Poison Wyvern

N5oEIPl.jpg

A lot of really fantastic entries everyone! These were great to see and we cannot wait to see what else you guys have to offer. Remember, we’ll be running this contest again next week so if you missed out this week, don’t sweat and give it another go next!

Community Contests!

ARKitect!

This is an award given to Survivors to celebrate the amazing structures you build. These bases are judged based upon a number of different factors such as their creativity, uniqueness, how fun of a base it is, the difficulty of building it, the functionality it provides and much more!

And without further ado, the ARKitect for Community Crunch 62 is…

It's a tie! A lot of great entries this week so let's hear it for...

DynamiteTiger

77ABA9B1B5C875168D05ED008BCA2C4A9BAAB767

D1B9A27C4F2666FE9F17A742BBB66490811A117F

And you can check out even more screenshots here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dynamitetiger/screenshots/

Valoule's Western Town!

0.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

and you can check out his full album here: http://imgur.com/a/ikQbj

Wolf Angelus - ARK PD Base!

47D7BF33E57F5DD17F720D3EF0779A3B90D0BC77

CE0AF95CD3001F9EBAEBE052EB9DD38A9739790F

And you can check out even more screenshots of the build here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WolfAngelus/screenshots/?appid=346110

and we've also got some awesome runner ups this week!

The Lime Inc's Glass and Metal Rockbase

Squidge Meister's Empire of Persiark!

ARKVideo!

This contest is open for all types of video be they funny, epic, scenic, stories, whatever inspires you. Just a general reminder that they should remain safe for work, think of the children! 

And without further ado, the ARKVideo for Community Crunch 62 is…

It's another tie! whoo!

Naked Zombo's - First Look! ARK Ruins Secret Revealed!

BoomBangCrash's ARK: Scorched Earth Trailer!

KISHK0's Scorched Earth - 60 FPS Epic, 4K Resolution & Epic Graphics!

Naked Zombo's - The Sounds of ARK

LameWolfProductions - Scorched Earth is Beautiful - Cinematic Tour!

and we've got some awesome runner ups!

GramOfMayo's - ARK Love Dating Game

MY TOP 10 FAVORITE THINGS - Ark: Scorched Earth (Ark: Survival Evolved) by ThickFreedom

KISHK0's ARK Build Battles!

Kye923's Scorched Earth Showcase!

Thanks for all your entries this week guys! We've got a hell of a crunch going. If you'd like to check out the other submissions, you can do so here:

ARK Digest!

Here is our question and answer session with Lead Designer, Lead Programmer, Co-Creative Director of ARK: Survival Evolved, and Co-Founder of Studio Wildcard: Jeremy "Drake" Stieglitz!

Survivor, MarioMan9112 asks, “Can we expect holiday events on xbox one anytime soon? I'm sure I'm not the only xbox one player that wants some skeleton dino's walking around.”

This Halloween and Xmas, yes, at long last :)

Survivor, IrishEvilMonkey asks, “Would like to see alliances become more useful on PVE. They're useful on PVP because you can go around each others bases without setting off defences etc. I'd propose than alliances on PVE would mean that in certain circumstances your allies are considered like tribemates, ie you can pick them up with birds, pick up their animals etc.
It's not unusual for someone on pve to unclaim an animal so another player with a quetz can bring it somewhere, this would change that.”

That’s certainly worthy of implementation. I’ll get it on the backlog.

Survivor, Jwadie asks, “Back in December you said that both Xbox & PC would be getting split screen "in the near future", is this still planned for PC?”

Yes, it’ll come alongside the Xbox<->Windows crossplay feature (which involves re-merging Xbox functionality up to PC, which will also include the improved Gamepad support of Xbox).

Survivor, TotallyUncool asks, “Will uploading and transferring tames from official servers to unofficial ones ever be implemented (with the possibility for the server owners to put some kind of restriction on it if they so wish)?”

We might add a Download-To-Local-Storage feature, that’d be easy enough.

Survivor, J asks, “Can the lymantria moths produce silk to give them another use?”

Yeah, that’s a good idea. I’ll make it sew. (See what I did there?!)

Survivor, Scorpio asks “So now that scorched earth has finally unveiled mythical creatures, will we get griffins? Because I think it would be cool to have an argentavis/sabertooth hybrid and perhaps they can live in the games canyons renamed "griffin canyons"”

The real question is, after watching this scene a few dozen times 
http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/a62e74b3-6642-42cb-9136-3ca8c54e4073/38d57d00-4cfd-45c7-849b-f0a668c1527b.gif, how could I not??!

Survivor, J also asks, “will you consider re-adding the dune buggy because it would go great in scorched earth”

It requires a lot of server performance to handle it properly, but we’ll take a look at it next week and see if there’s some way to squeeze it in without negatively affecting server performance. Perhaps in its own high-quality physics simulation, or at least as a server option.

Survivor, Quetzal asks, “Can we get a real backup option for Xbox server saves?!? I have a couple of reasons for wanting this, namely:

a) Obviously, the ability to save and backup my game before installing a patch/update (the recent 739.x series highlighting this perfectly). I know you're kind of limited with what Microsoft dictate for the XB1 now with regards to not allowing game saves to USB, but are the game saves too large to send to the MS Cloud storage on-demand?

b) I'd really like to have a couple of worlds running at the same time. I like building and experimenting, so I'll occasionally use admin commands when I want 100 walls for example to test a design. However, I don't want to use the commands in my 'legit' world/save because I like the challenge of getting the relevant materials, levelling up etc. However, if I have a single player Island map, I only get that map. It'd be great to have multiple saves like in Minecraft and dedicate 1 to almost 'creative mode' where people can just do what they wanted and x number of other saves they could play at will. When procedural ARKs come to the game, there may be 3,4 or 5 (or more!) ARKs that people may really like the look of (for whatever reason - scenery, materials, dino's etc) and having a save game for each that you could just dip in and out of would be great.”

Yes, we’ll support backing up savegames in an upcoming Xbox Update. We realize it’s important for server admins, we just need to adequately test the system before we roll it out (we had it in, but ran into some icky tech issues at the time and had to temporarily disable it). It will return, and soon!

Survivor, AdamB asks, “I love the way Wyvern eggs work on scorched earth. Gotta find an egg and raise them from birth. That has been my ideal since ark came out for all dinos. 
You guys plan to expand that system? I would love to play in a way where ALL my dinos are from eggs I hunt down, steal, and hatch. Could add an interesting challenge and RP opportunities. Perhaps babies in the wild could also be imprinted since not all creatures lay eggs.”

Indeed now that we’ve established this mechanic for Wyverns, we’ll give it a shot for some of other existing and upcoming top-tier dinos and see how it ‘feels’ as an option.

Survivor, PermaBanThis asks, “On top of the question I already asked. With the addition of the wind turbine, might we be able to craft a small capacitor to hold electrical power during times that the turbine has no wind to function? Maybe something like for every 10 mins (in game) capacitor will run for 15-30 mins (in game). Maybe even see the addition of solar panels to generate power?”

Let’s see if a modder can make that happen. Should be do-able with a bit of Blueprint ingenuity. If no one can figure out how to do it… then I’ll do it :P

Survivor, Icarus asks, “Many herbivores had truly amazing adaptations that made the fight between predator and prey equal (ankylosaur could break any T Rex bone with it's tail, Trikes could swivel their head in almost any direction etc etc.) My question is, will we ever see any sort of injury system put in place? Where dinos could get cuts, bruises, or broken bones from getting in fights? And if herbivores could have those adaptations in the game that allowed the fight between say a rex and an ankylo, more up to chance and tactics than raw power alone, since the ankylo could seriously wound a rex in it's own way”

I do plan for some upcoming combat equalizers for Herbis generally and specifically, however a dedicated Dino injury system is a little beyond the scope of our immediate plans.

Survivor, server16ark asks, “Do you guys think you will ever implement transponder nodes that can be fired from a rifle?”

Haha, that reminds me of that scene in Batman v Superman <geekout>. Ok, yeah, I think that would be a pretty cool stealth tracking tactic for Tek Tier...

Survivor, server16ark also asks, “Do you guys ever think you might implement a better version of the Magnifying glass? (One that works at distance, and perhaps gives stat info.)?”

Tek Tier Multi-HUD Visor.

Survivor, Kimsie asks, “What is your opinion on allowing us to move unconscious dinos (only the ones we can already move when dead or alive), either by hand or with a flyer? Would be very handy when you finally down that flyer and it lands in the ocean, drowning”

I’ve long considered it, though my concern remains that it may unbalance taming. However, I’ll make it a server option (since it really is quite easy to do) and see how/if players prefer it.

Survivor, Dustiest-Ninja asks, “You mentioned jetpacks: what kind? I have noticed in games that there are more than one approach.

Jump packs; this is just a glorified super jump. (e.g. the darktroopers from starwars battlefronts.)
Hover packs; this is the ideal float around like a superhero kind of jetpack (e.g. the Clone jetpack troopers from Starwars Battlefronts.)
"Rocket packs"; this is basically more like flying a jet-plane around. For super fast cruising to a very distant destination. Easy to crash into something. (e.g. Ironman flying to another country, and real life planes).”

They function much like Starsiege Tribes Jump Packs, which IMO remains the Gold Standard ;)

Survivor, royal1rish asks “I would like to see the ability to name auto turrets. Example would be Bob lvl 1 was killed by Main base turret 5 showing up in the tribe log”

Patch notes v247 ;)

Survivor, GoldenGuy15B asks, “Will "The Gateway" be an actual structure, and will it only work/be revelant for official servers?”

It’s accessible via any Supply Crate or Obelisk, but will also have a Tek Tier structure for it for the convenience of technologically-advanced Tribes.

Survivor, Maedean Shepard asks, “Is it possible to give wall torches and standing torches the option to automatically light up in the evening and go out in the morning to conserve time and mats?”

It’s possible and pretty easy for a modder to do, but it’d make more sense for electrical lights to do that, dontcha think?

Survivor, Judqment8 asks, “Could we have an ini option to enable/disable the mate boosts (damage and damage reduction)?”

Sure, sounds like a reasonable server option, will do it in v247.

Survivor, qbddbq asks, “I know that a TLC pass is coming for the original dinos, but what will it entail for the mammoth? The mammoth was once so iconic and necessary for everyone, but by adding the beaver, you didn't add diversity to tribe rosters, you guys merely replaced the mammoth. The mammoth is found in more dangerous area of the map, takes more kibble, and can't be picked up by an argy like the beaver. What will you guys do to balance/fix this and make the mammoth relevant again?”

Indeed, it will involve making use of those humongous tusks!

Survivor, Gh0st2126 asks, “Hey I have a question. Is there a console command that can be made to make a building player neutral? A friend and myself own an RP server and we want to be able to have people place sleeping bags or beds inside premade buildings like and Inn or even make stalls inside a town that we built walls around, without having them in an alliance. Or atleast a way to place non lethal structures in a neutral zone so there can be places of peace just for trading? We're trying to go for a town square with stalls made by players on the server and we can't have them close to eachother without being in an alliance or the same tribe. Any way to add that as a command or something?”

Yeah I think we can probably make that a thing. I’ll need to see if it has any strange side effects though before fully committing, so will get it tested out (neutralizing structures).

Survivor, DaEndGame asks, “Are the Ark worlds flat or round?”

Ah but that would be revealing too much of the mythology before the upcoming story systems & content… all in good time ;)

Survivor, RedStorm8616 asks, “So with the July 4 event over, will we be getting another event before Fear Evolved? And what can you tell us about that. Any new things specifically you can mention?”

Nope, next event is Terror Evolved, and it’s going to be a lot of fun ;)

Survivor, J asks, “Will we ever see some sort of emp weapon like a bomb or grenade that can disable things like generators and auto turrets?”

Yes, as the Tek Tier.

Survivor, StationOG asks, “Floating names on the dinos, will it be possible to have these appear based on a proximity setting similar to the follow level setting i.e. Floating names set to "lowest" only appear when you are standing next to a dino.”

Sure that sounds like a good option for us to add!

Survivor, Lowly asks, “Can we have a minor addition to the engram menu, when trying to buy an advanced engram (example advanced rifle bullet, if we do not already know simple rifle bullet we need to scroll or search and learn that, which requires, gunpowder, which requires spark powder) could we have a pop up box asking us if we wish to buy all prerequisites for that engram, listing the pre requisites and then having a buy all or close option.”

Sounds like a good idea, I’ll make it happen.

Survivor, ranger1presents asks, “Could we please allow creatures to remember their follow settings after a server (or single player) restart?”

Yep indeed I’ll make it save that value, it was actually supposed to do so!

Survivor, xXSMJXx asks, “Hey guys, first post here! Any chance we could get an ambience volume slider, or possibly sliders for the volume of footsteps or water splashing? I love the sound effects, but some things like the sarco swimming or carno walking are very loud/consistent. When you turn the volume low enough to quiet the splashing/stomping, you can't really hear the awesome ambience any more. My main thing is the sarco, would love to use it more without this splashing issue.”

We need to do a levels-pass on all the game audio. We’ll do a pass on the splashes and footsteps first though, since it sounds like that is particularly intrusive!

Survivor, Duck030 asks, “Can there be an addition of a ‘free look’ button (left-alt maybe) so the head can move independently to the body? This would be very useful when on a Dino, trying to spot things without having to change directions, especially if a server has 3rd person turned off.”

Sure, we might as well make use of that middle mouse button for something, right?

Survivor, PrimalBeard says, “Glass (Greenhouse) structure auto-demo timer needs a rethink! The timer is the same as thatch, yet the materials & level needed to make greenhouse structures differ greatly. I (and many others) believe that the timer for thatch was just copied over to greenhouse structures, hence why it's so low. Please Devs, increase the timer to bring it up to a more adequate length, such as stone or metal.”

v247!

Survivor, AceAckbar asks, “Will you soon enable SCUBA tanks to work on survivors while offline? This would be something amazing to have, as DCing underwater and dying due to lack of oxygen before you can log back in is incredibly hurtful, especially on Hardcore servers.”

Aha yes I will get that fixed very soon!

Survivor, spoop asks, “seeing as there are plenty of hints that the island has a very long and bloody history, will the ark ever have any paranormal aspects such as voices in the wind and shades of long dead survivors in the mist, or is that kind of thing restricted to only being a Halloween event?”

Yes such elements will be an increasing part of the game-content/environment finalization pass, but not so much paranormal, more sci-fantasy, but spooky all the same --- after all, isn’t magic just a form of technology too advanced for humans to understand? ;)

PAX West

large.CrjOw8CUsAAeRUt.jpg.00e50a57fe8796

Huge thank you to all the Survivors who attended or tuned into this year's PAX West! We had a lot of fun at the exposition meeting you all and showcasing our new expansion pack, Scorched Earth. We hope you guys had a lot of fun too keeping up with all the shenanigans and we're looking forward to the next con!

All the best from the Wildcard Team!

large.P1060508.JPG.ec1a690f5f216807d9902

Until next time ;)

large.Cri9CpJVIAUH-1B.jpg.9857c5263b9ec6

Fan Feature!

Pagoda Build by SmokeySRH

Damn it Dave by C8sun

Alpha Fire Wyvern versus Alpha Deathworm by Squidge Meister

Pikachu Jerboa by Sharkcat
045A7A3327848275D2B1DA223338386926BC458A
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=760873798

JP Toy Galli Warpaint by TheMightySaurus
5E14BBAF1C9E95B43AB2DFAE5D1AF78D7E755E40
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=760298186

Balto & Jenna by Sharkcat
692F6ADF1CD90C08E14A25E15B9B51FDE539BF6C
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=753928392

Stegocertops tease By Gi Ma by jordanisgreat505
C02FB19D3EEAA7AF3FA7CAB28B4BBBA27C811A63
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=757397722

Giga vs Quetz by Leono
138EC9AF4761B9B3DB31EBFFD105B5D73E7E97BA
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=755177264

Desert Nomad by TheMightySaurus
7063551A77D6CC1EA0612C5007B640064065D35F
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=757298188

Nothing's Quenchier by TheMightySaurus
7AAAC9068D9415A66A93BBD02EFDF5E4B0205CA0
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=758313231

Thorny Dragon by TheMightySaurus
301BC50CF64970EB8A722AA5B1ADE9C9FAF72E1A
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=758332857

Artwork by dinosaurman4
image.png

image.jpg

image.png

large.ark_survival_evolved_sign_by_samrj

ARK: Scorched Earth sketch by DougDimmadome

AGdJHXx.jpg

Fishing Buddies by c-rex0129
A793352DBDA715508DA5F3FC76ADFC0E8B6F2273
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=754584841

Introducing the Queen Titanomyrma! by Shockal
1AF312CEE627C33A8ECD261BF95883414FAF8829
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=759127815

Sauroniops Dossier by Shadlos
F84EFC205BC28D496093F74839FDDCF7604C0DBD
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=759283901

Monoblos Dossier by Shadlos
96997015F2B58D6D0553C19ECE05ECB0B38ECA67
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=757489923

Diablos Dossier by Shadlos
8689F81ED50592FC13234CC3FEB3C2C62E13E390
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=757492538

Aetobatus poeyi Dossier by Shadlos
4FBA93008619D0B2DD9C412296905B2CC3ACA244
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756068915

Jaggia Dossier by Mega 
ED7B9FEE5DDFEBC566DF3AFF843CD42724D751BE
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=757236168

Sand Barioth by Mega
383DC4864557CFFEC6007896558C2A172B738253
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756853287

Survivor League August Championship Games!

large.SL-On-Smoke.png.1b05b3fe3cdd00b1bf

The ARK: Survival of the Fittest August Survivor League Championship matches will take place from 11 am EST to 2 pm EST on Saturday, September 10th, with a bounty of more than $65,000 in prizes to the winners! 

To those competing: may fortune smile upon you, brave Survivors! And may the fittest survivor be victorious! Hope we have an awesome Championship and get to see some great games! 

The championship games will be shoutcasted by typeForced! We invite all ARK fans, and the newly curious, to come watch the epic battles at that time on our Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/survivetheark - We hope to see a lot of you tune in for some epic games! :)

And that’s it for this post guys!

As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: www.facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/playark
Imzy: https://www.imzy.com/ark

All the best,

Wildcard Jat and the ARK: Survival Evolved Team!

View full article

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Wolf Angelus said:

I was wondering if I am crazy or did default wood chairs lose the ability to be painted on the other regions? When they came out I was sure all regions could be colored. Same to benches o:  

AHA! Patch Notes v247!

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

AHA! Patch Notes v247!

Ahh thanks. OCD was kicking in when I was painting in that build and only the seat could be colored lol, didn't match the tables and theme leaving them defaulted.

I recall there being a few other items that were missing a painting regions. I believe one was one of the quetz saddles.

Gotta Color 'em All haha, painting has to be my most favorite part of building. I will paint anything for anyone if given the paints 

This crunch is HUGE! Alongside the digest, this is a massive post and it's awesome! It hasn't sunk in that I think I was one of the winners for the Ansel contest and a runner up for the Arkitect O.o

I absolutely love the community crunch/digest and I hope any negativity about the DLC doesn't manifest here because it's not the place to be making those kind of comments!

Great work all around by excellent minds.

Any seperate kibble for "Ankylos, Doedis, Argentavis, Paracer" on SE ?
I really dont enjoy to tame a paracer level 120 with mejo berries almost 12 hours. It damages my rl healthy.

And whats about the "Deep Desert Loot Chests". It has the same Loot Table like the deep sea ocean stuff.

Is it supposed to be like this ? I really would like to see the Desert Cloth in better quality than just primitive

Survivor, Duck030 asks, “Can there be an addition of a ‘free look’ button (left-alt maybe) so the head can move independently to the body? This would be very useful when on a Dino, trying to spot things without having to change directions, especially if a server has 3rd person turned off.”

Sure, we might as well make use of that middle mouse button for something, right?

NOOOOOOO! Don't touch the middle mouse button!!! I need it for special purposes!!!

This feature is already in the game! You press the K or hold right alt (I think) and you can freely look around, while you walk straight!

Another great crunch, love seeing the creative side of this community.

Sadly these are the last of my friend Mega's dossiers. He's quitting the dossier-making community actually, due to me. He has a habit of either making his animals incredibly overpowered, sound like the best thing since sliced bread, or have some insane or outrageous gimmick. That's not how you make a dossier at all, and whenever he asked me for input on his dossiers, and they weren't the best, I told him as such, and why they didn't really stack up or make logical sense. In example, for those who don't know the Jaggi species in his dossier, they're from the same game as Monoblos, Diablos, and Sand Barioth. the Jaggi species are actually not "apex predators" at all, and are actually at the bottom of the carnivorous food chain in Monster Hunter. In fact Great Jaggi is one of the many punching bags of monster hunter. He also did make a Monoblos and Diablos dossier, but there was literally no difference between the two (in game they also have similar attack patterns, but Monoblos has more above-ground based charge attacks, compared to Diablos who digs and ambushes from all over the damn place, reflected in my dossiers), so I made Monoblos and Diablos to show him how to differentiate between two similar animals. Finally getting tired of "Everybody stoops to the king of dossiers (me)", and "Mine are never any good to yours!", he ragequit this community, rather than keep trying, due to the fact he made outrages dossiers again and again and refused my friendly advice, which he kept asking for.

Regardless, i'm still game for taking up any other "apprentices" and teaching them how to make dossiers. I've been trying to make an ark dossier tutorial video for a while now, and I think I might have something worked out....

• Jatheish pinned and featured this topic
  • Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic