Characters Lost to Obelesk Transfer

bedsidespider

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happened to me as well.  Transferring from obelisk on scorched earth to island server (official).  It acted as if it loaded my character on the server fine, brought up all my beds.  Then after I chose spawn at bed, the game froze a little bit and brought up the creation screen.  I can't find my lvl 98 toon on either server.  This could be what brings this game down.

I lost my 92 yesterday morning and opened a ticket right away. I have yet to get a reply or even any mention anywhere that WC is aware and they are looking into it.I'm really mad that they can't take a few minutes to answer me or even make a post about this issue. It's really poor customer service. It's a service they advertised with the DLC and they really should rely to people about this problem.

10 minutes ago, Toby21 said:

A friend on official server lost his, took about 5 days but they just got to him (today) and told him to log back on to the server to boost his new character and give back his bases (all hearsay as I haven't been on the island to see myself)

If this is true then I would be ECSTATIC.
I would even be happy to be lvl 1 again as long as they can give me back my base and dinos.
Not that hard to lvl back up when I can just kill some titans and alpha mosas.
I spent close to a year building my base and assembling (taming and breeding) my dinos and it would be game over if I could not get them back.

1 minute ago, Trikky said:

If this is true then I would be ECSTATIC.
I would even be happy to be lvl 1 again as long as they can give me back my base and dinos.
Not that hard to lvl back up when I can just kill some titans and alpha mosas.
I spent close to a year building my base and assembling (taming and breeding) my dinos and it would be game over if I could not get them back.

He has been pretty upset over the whole thing so when I was talking to him today he said he had to go so he could get on the server to have it all done, I wouldn't think he would lie about it. I will message him when he gets on and see if he can provide some more details

• 4 months later...

I have seen 2 people go through this process, you must file a ticket in Survive the ark site and wait approx 2 weeks in some cases , but both ppl had their toons remade.  and I personally have had wonderful dealings with Wildcard when I had issues and showed them where thier was a spot that ate dinos in the mountain I had my base on, They cant replace the dinos but they bring the attention to whom needs it to fix it,

Guest BubbaCrawfish

I got told when I was having this same issue with my personal cluster that when you reconnect to the server, to the right is a "Download Character" button, and in there, your character turns up.

Don't know if this works on the official clusters, but it was there on my personal.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
3 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I'm pretty paranoid about this character transfer so I just create a character on each server and transfer only creatures and items through the oby.

Whilst I find you difficult, I can actually agree with this method (I also think I've noticed people doing this too, identical profiles on multiple maps)... I don't do it though, I like having my high level character.

How exactly do you transfer the items through the obelisk though? I find that anything I put into the obelisk is usually staying in the obelisk I have put them in, on that map... Is there some button to transmit the items that I am missing?

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Whilst I find you difficult, I can actually agree with this method (I also think I've noticed people doing this too, identical profiles on multiple maps)... I don't do it though, I like having my high level character.

How exactly do you transfer the items through the obelisk though? I find that anything I put into the obelisk is usually staying in the obelisk I have put them in, on that map... Is there some button to transmit the items that I am missing?

Do you put them in the tribute inventory or do you first click on transmit ark data before dragging them in?

Guest BubbaCrawfish
39 minutes ago, Maedean Shepard said:

Do you put them in the tribute inventory or do you first click on transmit ark data before dragging them in?

That may be what I am missing... I put them in the tribute... ;)

Guest BubbaCrawfish
6 hours ago, Maedean Shepard said:

They fully need to put the item blocks in that window so you can actually see that things can be put onto that screen, I had no idea that that was where you put items for transfer.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 minute ago, Maedean Shepard said:

Common mistake, that's why I asked :D

Guess everything's going well now? ^^

Yes indeed... There'll be no more crawling away from spawn full of gear for me lol ;)

Those pegos will not be getting jack from me now :)

I had this issue and lost my level 85 character. I filed a report on 12/20/16 and just started a new character and continued to play while I waited. On 1/3/17 GM Moca got back to me and offered to replace my character. As I was already 77, I didn't want to bother the GM with having to come replace 8 levels so I declined the offer. On 1/07/17 I asked if it were too late to take the offer; I forgot how long it took to get to 85 and didn't want to spend weeks just grinding levels again. I got my characters level kicked back up on the 11th.

It takes time, but they'll help!

What GM Moca couldn't replace was the items/creatures that I also had uploaded.

This is somewhat annoying to know that is still going on. For now I will rather play two characters on different servers and have them transfer just animals and items, the risk seems lower if you consider time investment. Is that an acceptable workaround for you guys? I only transfer characters and not animals or items. Now I think it is better to have high levels on both ends to facilitate acquisitions and trade while avoiding restarting a character due to some random bug.

I like two different characters. For one thing I can switch between playing two servers in less than a minute. Also no worries about losing the character. Also it is like a backup, should something happen to the character on one server, I have another. Also on SE I don't level the stats the same as on the Island, so no need to use mind wipe to change stats.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Really interesting take and usage @wildbill  I've just spent a few hours disassembling my first base on the cluster, and loading up the ARK with pre-made components, ready to reestablish elsewhere. I probably won't go as far as the multi-character method, but I may do for the PGArks if I decide to keep them random and reset every so often. We could only hope they have a look at why people are losing characters, and fixing the requirement to reconnect to the PGArks to actually spawn properly.

Archived