Scorched Earth servers that should be avoided

GanktheGoat

My tribe was recently wiped from 743.  The Alpha tribe there made it clear in discussions afterwards that they want to totally monopolize the server so that they may pump out as many wyverns as possible and send them back to their Island server.  Total control and turn the entire server into their little machine.

So, we're now on our THIRD Scorched Earth server since release.  .

On another note:   I personally don't understand the fascination with pumping materials and dinos back to the Island.  But then, our Island server was relatively peaceful, our base is well-built, and I had grown quite bored with it.   I'd much rather get established firmly on Scorched, since there's so much that is new there....and surviving there in the wild is a new challenge.

Additionally, a thought:   It may be in Wildcard's best interests NOT to do anything about Alpha / Chinese tribe uber-dominance.  I doubt they wanted to get into the "server managing" / "user differences managing" business.    If this pushed people away to private servers, then somebody else has to deal with it.  It creates a market.   (I myself checked out a PVE Scorched server this morning, after being on only PVP servers for the past year.  [ I'm leaning away from it, though, after viewing one guy's base.  Seems to me that once you hit a certain point, there'd be nothing to do and little threat to your base or your dinos.]  I'm now thinking of researching a private server that offers limited PVP... like maybe on the weekends or only if your tribe has PVP in its name...something like that. )

2 hours ago, DR4296 said:

My tribe was recently wiped from 743.  The Alpha tribe there made it clear in discussions afterwards that they want to totally monopolize the server so that they may pump out as many wyverns as possible and send them back to their Island server.  Total control and turn the entire server into their little machine.

On another note:   I personally don't understand the fascination with pumping materials and dinos back to the Island.  But then, our Island server was relatively peaceful, our base is well-built, and I had grown quite bored with it.   I'd much rather get established firmly on Scorched, since there's so much that is new there....and surviving there in the wild is a new challenge.

Additionally, a thought:   It may be in Wildcard's best interests NOT to do anything about Alpha / Chinese tribe uber-dominance.  I doubt they wanted to get into the "server managing" / "user differences managing" business.    If this pushed people away to private servers, then somebody else has to deal with it.  It creates a market.   (I myself checked out a PVE Scorched server this morning, after being on only PVP servers for the past year.  [ I'm leaning away from it, though, after viewing one guy's base.  Seems to me that once you hit a certain point, there'd be nothing to do and little threat to your base or your dinos.]  I'm now thinking of researching a private server that offers limited PVP... like maybe on the weekends or only if your tribe has PVP in its name...something like that. )

Seriously, check out ORP scorched earth servers. It sounds like exactly what you're looking for. No offline raiding, otherwise it's still pvp. It seems to scare away the grief-oriented players as well, as they know there are no offline raid opportunities.

NA 809 is awesome. Good people, conflict, no overbearing alpha tribe, etc. A few tribes got together and wiped a small chinese tribe that was trying to get a foothold on the server this past weekend. The Chinese struggled to get established because they couldn't raid everyone during the middle of the night, so they had to grind like everybody else.

4 minutes ago, TheKringle said:

Seriously, check out ORP scorched earth servers. It sounds like exactly what you're looking for. No offline raiding, otherwise it's still pvp. It seems to scare away the grief-oriented players as well, as they know there are no offline raid opportunities.

NA 809 is awesome. Good people, conflict, no overbearing alpha tribe, etc. A few tribes got together and wiped a small chinese tribe that was trying to get a foothold on the server this past weekend. The Chinese struggled to get established because they couldn't raid everyone during the middle of the night, so they had to grind like everybody else.

I'll check it out, thank you !!

Add NA-ScorchedEarth790 to this list as well. No Chinese but it has been getting DoS'd for the past 3 days making it completely unplayable. Server has been down more than it has been up and even with dozens of people submitting tickets to Wild Card support AND to their server down page nothing is being done to help it. Meanwhile we're all just losing pets and time due to it.

7 hours ago, DR4296 said:

That makes no sense... Why would they waste time wiping other players that they could be spending raising wyverns?  There are tons of tribes on our server and we have raised and transferred close to 20 wyvrns....  To be perfectly honest,  having other tribes there sped up the rate we were able to raise the wyvrns, mainly because we were able to trade for basic supplies so we didnt bogged down with grinding. I don't get some people.

4 hours ago, TheKringle said:

Any idea if it's possible yet to transfer a toon from an Official SE server to an ORP SE server ??
I could start over, but the toon I've been using when trying out various SE servers is in his 70's.  Might as well use him if I can.

22 hours ago, DR4296 said:

Any idea if it's possible yet to transfer a toon from an Official SE server to an ORP SE server ??
I could start over, but the toon I've been using when trying out various SE servers is in his 70's.  Might as well use him if I can.

Unfortunately no.  My brother and I just restarted on an ORP SE server due to Chinese overrunning our server.

So.. maybe i´ll ask the other way around... is there any SE primitive server that I should join (anyone recruiting atm?) ? I havent checked every server on my own (since i´ce got a problem with the server list atm) but it seems, that allmost every primitive se server got infested by chinese or should be avoided for personal reasons...

On 19/9/2016 at 3:48 PM, Darkholis said:

Following your logic, being wiped into oblivion by oppressive tribes of hackers, exploiters and cheaters is part of PvP? Nice joke...

The only serious way to deal with this, is to write it down here and talk about it. Hopefully, the developpers will wake up, and take the required actions to change things. Sitting back and throwing those kinds of childish anwsers is surely not helping anyone.

the cheaters  will be banned, you need deal only with alpha tribes if you cant do that go to pve and problem solved.

pvp is player versus player 

10 hours ago, Ronin0ne said:

the cheaters  will be banned, you need deal only with alpha tribes if you cant do that go to pve and problem solved.

pvp is player versus player 

Cheaters won't be banned because Wildcard hardly give a clue about what's going on. Steam Ark related dissucions are loaded with examples of obvious hacking cases that has been ignored by the developpement team.

As I mentionned before, anyone that used hacks, cheats and exploits of any sort prior to the introduction of BattleEye still have their non-legit goods and thus still have an unfair advantage over the rest of a server. Another good and recent example is the cave in Center granting Ascendant quality gear. That cave has since been nerfed to solve the problem, yet everybody that abused the unintended behavior kept the items/blueprints.

Off topic....

This makes me wonder if at a certain point, the studio is not getting a certain percentage of money from the unofficial servers rent fees. (Keep in mind that official servers are ALL hosted from Nitrado, which is also a provider for a good amount of unofficials out there.) This would explain a LOT of things currently going on in the game.

Back on topic.

Yes PvP stands for Player versus Player, yet I hardly see anyone doing some actual PvP. Most frequent "PvP" you will see on PC version of Ark is PvO (Player versus Offline), especially on Hardcore servers. On the other hand, ORP servers exists, but not for Hardcore yet, unless I missed them....

As for dealing with alpha tribes. Some can be taken down I have no doubt about it, but the very common case of foreign tribes invasion/established ones, can't be dealt playerside only.

In the meantime, I'm still working with friends on purging an Island Official Hardcore server,
regards.

Got rolled by a Chinese tribe on 747.....as did everyone else. Went and made a fresh start on 749 and did our best to make it a true NA server forming alliances with other tribes and being very aggressive in "deporting" any Chinese who showed up. They are absolutely relentless. They show up in large numbers and in a day have up a metal base coverered in auto turrets. We were spending all day resource farming jsut to be able to kill their bases late into the night. In the meantime they have accounts that stay in game for 24+ hours at a time. Give them 2 days with an intact base and 30-50 of them flood the server and wipe anyone and everything. The kiting of rock golems into bases as a raiding tactic should be looked at. A dozen naked guys should not be able to wipe a base that 15 guys put a thousand collective hours into just by kiting golems to your base. And the golems are everywhere, and the tactic is too op. Anyway, 749 is fully wiped by Chinese as well now, so would avoid it along with 747 unless u really just enjoy a rough time. Not sure where to go from here. A big part of the problem is a complete and utter lack of any way to communicate. What they say just shows up as rectangles in chat.  

31 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

The kiting of rock golems into bases as a raiding tactic should be looked at. A dozen naked guys should not be able to wipe a base that 15 guys put a thousand collective hours into just by kiting golems to your base.

Seriously ? You cant figure out how to keep rock golems out of your base ? Same way you tame them, by putting up a pillar perimeter around your base. Turrets will shoot down anyone trying to get rid of the perimeter and the golems cant get past it. Problem solved. 
As for the Chinese problem you deal with it the same way the Chinese deal with you, gather together and wipe them constantly and consistently until they don't come back. We had am attempted Chinese invasion on our server, so for a week straight we wiped them as soon as they put down a foundation. After a week of that they stopped coming.
It doesn't take a day, because they are resilient, but if you keep wiping them over and over and over again then eventually even they give up.
The problem is that people give up and abandon the server to them rather than fight on. 

On 9/16/2016 at 9:18 PM, Foxfire said:

My list of servers to avoid, also overrun by "Chinese" apparently, somehow, transferring in with wyverns and wiping the map clean, then setting up camp and wiping out anyone they come into contact with.  Incredibly toxic in both attitude and behavior and has made the game virtually unplayable on the PvP side.   PvE is almost as bad with the rock golems...

Every one of these has the same story... they just showed up in bulk and somehow had wyverns either with them, or incredibly (impossibly) quickly and very shortly wiped everyone out.

Every low pop server I looked at was this way.  It seems, to avoid the "Chinese Problem"...  only the high pop servers are worth investigating.  Scorched Earth, indeed.

779, 747, 793, 789, 732

All controlled by the "Chinese".  I finally quit looking.  I'm seriously thinking about going back to WoW and demanding a refund for ARK - the X-Pack and the 3 copies of the game I have (to play multiple toons on the same server).  Re-enabling of server transfers has brought this down.  Wildcard, you screwed up.  Big time.  Again.

There is no easy way to fix this problem, but the game is virtually unplayable.  I have my own private server and I have firewall rules in place to reject any connection attempt made by anyone using an APAC region IP address.  I've yet to have a "chinese problem" as a result.  This doesn't excuse the unplayable official servers, however.

LOL...we run 789, and were most certainly not Chinese. We also have many wyverns, and our first batch was stolen by a chinese hacker that somehow duped himself into our tribe with no invite. So im guessing thats how some of the wyverns are being transfered in, if thats possible. We wiped everyone for the first few weeks so we could establish our foothold, any alpha tribe will tell you the same thing...thats how the first few weeks of a new server are.

So how do you report Hackers?

Im on a Official PvE server and there are Chinese that have blocked off Red and a few main water lakes (only places you can pipe water from thanks to PvE well bug)

Im now seeing them fly around with lvl 300 Argents (you can only hard tame Argents)

It is obvious they are hacking but not sure how to report it

They were talking in English (tho this is rear) in global about some "trick" with Wyverens that is working and they are downing 5-6 at a time.

2 hours ago, XtulkusX said:

So how do you report Hackers?

Im on a Official PvE server and there are Chinese that have blocked off Red and a few main water lakes (only places you can pipe water from thanks to PvE well bug)

Im now seeing them fly around with lvl 300 Argents (you can only hard tame Argents)

It is obvious they are hacking but not sure how to report it

They were talking in English (tho this is rear) in global about some "trick" with Wyverens that is working and they are downing 5-6 at a time.

Wow, even on PVE ?  What's the point of them ruling PVE servers, especially if they hacked to do it so quickly?  Where's the actual satisfaction in that?

<sigh>

I joined an ORP server, as a result of this thread.  This is week #2 of me playing solo there.  Enjoying it (though, admittedly, progress is slow when you're alone and you can only do maybe 3 hours per weekday at best.... more on weekends, of course).  But if things go south here, I think I'm going to look into finding a private server that's USA only or at least restricts users to USA and Europe... and one that's administered a bit for hackers.   Seems like this is all creating a market for someone who wants to operate private servers and doesn't mind doing some customer support to ensure play balance.    And since I'm NOT paying Ark $20 per month...and I WAS playing my last TWO MMORPG's $20 / month for the past several years, I have some room in the budget for it. <grin!>

[ For what it's worth:  I dumped my old tribe of friends and decided to go solo after our leadership basically got us wiped three times / off of three Scorched servers in a row.   Well, okay, to be fair, the first time was not their fault.  But they refused to be cautious about all of their building / taming / attracting attention of the Alpha tribe... deciding instead that talking/ treating the Alpha with respect (but no ass-kissing) and retaliating strongly against smaller raids was the right way to go.   Well, after the second wipe, I realized, "this ain't the Island". You can't play that way in the current environment and expect NOT to be wiped by the Alpha.    Just learned yesterday that, on the new server they are on, after they told me just a few days ago that the Alpha tribe was being very "cool with them"... well, whaddaya know, that Alpha tribe got wiped / they ain't Alpha no mo !   So now, they're scrambling to build up defenses and supplies.    Maybe with the next wipe, they might think about coming over and joining me on the ORP server.  But then, I doubt it.  And there's no guarantee the same thing wouldn't happen on the ORP server.... just wouldn't happen while they were all offline. ]

See to me this is an issue with this game.  When there is an "Alpha" tribe that cant be touched unless the whole server unites thats a BUG in the design.

Bases need to be much stronger by design,  A raid should mean they (even alphas) had to focus all attacks at a weak spot to get in.  RPGs need MASSIVE nerfs or removed from the game.  Stone walls and especially gates need to be much stronger.   Tames that are very offensive (Rex, Giga, ect) need to take more food/ways to main tine them so tribes cant get too big.  

Another great way to balance the game would be to have the map have its bosses attack tribes based on their size (points calculated by # tames + lvls + sizes of bases + tech lvl +ect) so none alphas can time there attacks with the Bosses to take down a tribe.  This way a tribe does not want to get too big else the wilds will take them out.  Like Nature does not like us being there or who ever runs the islands does not want alpha tribes.

777 has also succumbed to Chinese. You used to be able to play peacefully there with them till a tribe called FBI moved in and within a week some how took over an obelisk and then pushed out all smaller tribes causing a rift between NA and Asians. A peaceful mutual combat server gone to a grinding hault like many others due to Chinese trolls.

It's pay to win when a zerg tribe with 20-30 players can grind out wyverns and send them to your low population server to raid with impunity, risking only their one wyvern and maybe a rock elemental.  If you haven't fought a wyvern on the island then you may not know how difficult it is to find one wyvern on the entire map during the day while repairing defenses and preparing for the inevitable attack that night when the griefing players get on.  Keep in mind that the wyvern is likely faster than all but a few pteras, and can take more punnishment than an argy, and has stamina that lasts for days.  Couple that with the breath ability and you have an unbalanced tame in an area that have no means to defend.  Homing rockets can't catch a wyvern with an alert rider, and sniping works only if you can take out the rider AND the wyvern before another tribe member can hop on or whistle it away.

Since the players transferring in from SE can bring anything they want risk and you have no way of attacking them at their homes, especially if you haven't purchased Scorched Earth, the players who have paid the extra amount are going to win.  Hence pay-to-win.  Even finding the invading tribe when their players are asleep is difficult as they can pop back over to their SE server leaving only a few folks on your server to guard or move their wyvern.  So the conundrum is, do you continue to be slowly ground down by a huge tribe that just wants to grief everyone by continuing to go without sleep at night to defend your base for 8 hours which necessitates building and repairing defenses and farming mats for those defenses, or do you go all out and search for the resources the invading tribe has scattered all over your island including the wyvern.  In the event you do find every single piece of offensive power the invading tribe brings and destroys it all, the invaders are still grinding on SE to send more at you including additional wyverns.  What do you do?

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2016 at 1:11 PM, DarkstarRising said:

LOL...we run 789, and were most certainly not Chinese. We also have many wyverns, and our first batch was stolen by a chinese hacker that somehow duped himself into our tribe with no invite. So im guessing thats how some of the wyverns are being transfered in, if thats possible. We wiped everyone for the first few weeks so we could establish our foothold, any alpha tribe will tell you the same thing...thats how the first few weeks of a new server are.

So what now Darkstar?

Can we play there or are u guys still raiding everyone?

We are just trying to bring some dinos from SE to our main server but it have been kinda hard to find a good server xD

Archived