Hi there, and welcome!  We're glad you decided to stop by and check us out.  It's always nice to eat new people...uh, meet new people.  Little Freudian slip there, woops.  Since you're here, we thought you might be interested in reading a text wall explaining some of the finer points of play on our servers.  Below you'll find information on servers included in the cluster, server settings, events, and anything else we think is relevant.  Do take a moment to skim it over, as most of your questions will be answered herein.

Discord

We use Discord to manage the cluster.  The Discord server houses all of the rules, store information; it serves as a hub for communication between tribes, and is where we announce upcoming events and changes.  In short, Discord is the central hub of our cluster, and it would be wise to join if you intend to play on our servers.  You can download Discord to a PC or Mobile device at the following url: https://discordapp.com/.  

To join our Discord server, simply click on the following link: https://discord.gg/dN5pg3F

Once you join, you will hit a reception area where you will be prompted to read over the Discord and Server Rules.  You will also be required to respond as instructed before you are permitted access to all of the channels. 

Cluster and Crossplay

We use a server cluster around these parts, which chains the various maps together.  You are free to move from one map to another at your leisure, and can transport everything but Tribute items (Yut lungs, Argie Talons, and so forth) between maps.  We have also enabled Crossplay on all of our servers, which means you can use your Windows 10 version of the game to play on any of the maps.  Crossplay does not currently include Steam copies of the game, but the Windows 10 version of the game and all content is free, assuming you own the game and content on your Xbox.

Maps in Cluster

Aberration: [uS][Cluster] Ark FTW-Aberration

The Island:[uS][Cluster] Ark FTW-The Island

Ragnarok: [uS][Cluster] Ark FTW-Ragnarok

The Center(PvP): [uS][Cluster] Ark FTW-The Center

Note: You must own these maps in order to move between them.

Server Settings

Our lives are ruled by these, so it's probably a good idea to make you aware of what they are, yeah?  Below you will find a sectional listing of the current server settings, which will be updated any time things change.

Harvesting

HarvestAmountMultiplier=3.0 (3x the number of resources)

HarvestHealthMultiplier=3.0 (3x the number of whacks)

ResourcesRespawnPeriodMultiplier=3.0 (3 in-game days for a resource to regrow, except for bushes) 

Experience and Progression

Multipliers

KillXPMultiplier=1.0

HarvestXPMultiplier=1.5

CraftXPMultiplier=.5

GenericXPMultiplier=1.0

SpecialXPMultiplier=1.0

Leveling

Max Level for All Servers= 155

Pre-Ascenscion Max Level= 125 *This is the maximum level you can reach before you are required to ascend*

Levels 2-115 follow Ark's standard ramp up to level 115.  After 115, level progression follows a liner ramp formula (previous XP requirement+20k).  This continues until you hit 120, which will require a staggering 600,000 XP, and will ramp at previous+50k through level 125.  125 to 126 will require 300,000, and will fall back to the linear ramp of previous+20k up to 155.  The steep curve at the end is because we've included some custom code to allow Tek engrams to be unlocked organically between levels 120 and 125.  This was a measure we took to ensure that our solo players, who are at a severe disadvantage where the boss arenas are concerned, could reasonably acquire Tek engrams.  The most efficient means of acquiring Tek engrams remains the boss arenas.  We have also added an adition 70 engram points for each level after 115, which should again benefit solo players.

Taming and Breeding

TamingSpeedMultiplier=3.0

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.15

BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier=1.0

EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=6.0

BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=6.0

LayEggIntervalMultiplier=.5

Characters

Player Stats

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[Health]=1.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[stamina]=1.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[Torpidity]=2.0

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[Oxygen]=1.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[Food]=1.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[Water]=1.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[Weight]=6.0

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[Melee Damage]=1.25

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[speed]=1.25

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[Temp Fort]=2.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[Crafting Skill]=2.0

Every character unlocks the Tek Teleporter engram on spawning, as the engram is required to use the Teleport Hubs.  You will obviously have to engage the boss arenas, or acquire the Tek Replicator organically, in order to craft the teleporter. 

Dino Stats

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[Health]=1.3

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[Weight]=6.0

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoWild[speed]=1.3

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[Health]=0.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[stamina]=2.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[Torpidity]=1.3

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[Oxygen]=1.3

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[Food]=1.3

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[Weight]=6.0

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[Melee]=.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[speed]=1.6

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[Health]=.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[stamina]=2.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[Torpidity]=1.3

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[Oxygen]=1.3

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[Food]=1.3

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[Weight]=6.0

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[Melee]=.4

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[speed]=1.6

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[Health]=.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[stamina]=2.5

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[Torpidity]=1.3

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[Oxygen]=1.3

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[Food]=1.3

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[Weight]=6.0

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[Melee]=0.4

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[speed]=1.6

Server Amenities

Community Center

Every map has a Community Center, which is a safe-zone where New Player Starter Kits are given out, and where winnings awarded through the various contest and events are claimed.  

Teleport Network

Every map has a Teleport network that any player, regardless of level, can make use of.  The Teleport Hubs are generally located in the corners of each map, with additional Hubs at each of the Community Centers, and any other community location (Fishing Ponds, Milking and Taming Pens, Proving Grounds, and so on).

Fishing Pond

Every map has an artificially stocked fishing pond, complete with benches and refrigerators for bait storage.  

Taming and Milking Pens

Each map, where necessary, will have community pens built for trapping various dinos and for Wyvern milking.  This mitigates the issue of every tribe or solo player creating map clutter by having their own pens.  Plus, they are really cool.  

Store

The cluster does operate a store, but it is limited in the scope of items sold.  We don't want to interfere with the natural trade economy across the cluster, but recognize that there is gap the store might fill.  The items listed are the only items sold via the store, across the cluster.  All prices are fixed, and non-negotiable.  All dinos will be spawned at maximum server level, and can be bred (assuming the species can be bred).

Contests and Events

We like to have fun around these parts, and want to provide you folks with an immersive experience you will all enjoy.  To that end, we have a variety of events either running or which will begin in short order.

Anniversary Event

This event is mostly to commemorate Wildcard finally giving us the ability to rent servers, and as a subtle nod to those of you who have been with us through all of the crashing and resets.  We appreciate all of the faith you have placed in us, and appreciate the loyalty you have demonstrated over these last few years.  Alright, enough with the mushy stuff, and on to the guts of it.

The event will run on the second weekend of every month, and will see 2x Experience and Harvesting.  Taming and Breeding rates will be set at Single Player rates.  All of the multipliers are listed below:

Event Multipliers

GenericXPMultiplier= 2.0

HarvestAmountMultiplier=6.0

TamingSpeedMultiplier= 6.0

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.075

EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=12.0

BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=36.799000

Raffles

We run raffles once a week, each with a different prize.  Once a month, during the Anniversary event, a themed raffle is run for a much grander prize.  Each raffle has a unique ticket currency, which will always consist of smaller, tamed dinos.  Each raffle will have a single winner based on a random draw (a computer program handles this end of it). 

Participating is as simple as taming the raffle currency, renaming it with either your *Gamertag* or *Tribe Name*, disabling wander, and depositing the dino in a raffle collector at any of the commuunity centers.  There is no limit to the number of raffle entries any individual or tribe can deposit.  Information on the current raffle can be found in the #raffle channel.

Auctions

Once a month, also during the Anniversary Event, a cluster-wide auction is held.  The Admins get together and pick some things we think you folks might want to bid on, we spawn them in at the Community Center on Ragnarok, and the madness ensues.  Each auction will have a currency requirement, typically metal ingots, and a minimum bid requirement for each specific item to be auctioned.  No, we don't keep the cost of won items.  The ingots go into a collector, and are allowed to despawn.  See the #auction-house channel for more details.

The Golden Dodo

It's out there, somewhere, probably chewing on a raptor or two.  A high level, ridiculously overpowered, golden dodo is released on each map.  The dodo will have something good in it's inventory, and it's yours for the taking should you find it.  Claim it, take your prize, and put the dodo in the raffle collector at the map's community center.

I, Spy

The admins, at their leisure, will spawn in an underwater lootcrate.  A broadcast message will go out to the entire map with nearby coordinates, and the race is on to claim whatever is inside.  

Guess the Pincode

There it sits, a box full of something.  Is it useful, wonderful, magnificent?  You won't know, until you guess the Pin code and open the box.  Find the colored storage box at each of the community centers, figure out the pin code, and get whatever is inside.  

Proving Grounds

Jousting, Sword fighting, Archery, Roping, Riding, obstacle courses, and whatever else we can come up with.  The Providing Grounds is a multi-use event arena that will be used to host a variety of events, many of which you will be allowed to bet on.

PUBG Ala Ark

We're still waiting on Neon to hit us with some details on this one, but we'll have more information up soon.

Races

Think your Sheep is fast?  How about your Equus?  Put your money where your mouth is, and let's find out.  Each race will have a required entry fee, with the pot going to the winner.

Last Straw Standing

Think you've got some building skills?  Put them to the test in this building contest.  Each participant will build their best straw hut design (materials will be provided), and then the Trogdoor will be released.  We have no idea what a Trogdoor is, but Pearl assures us it is very scary.  Whichever building takes the most time to destroy wins the prize.

sounds good, but "maxed" doesn't help me for stats because I don't think there is a max...unless ur saying they were like 99x which I doubt

are u saying for sliders? making them around 5-6?

baby maturation is a pain in the ass on SE because Wyverns take FOREVER unless ur boosted, so I'm curious as to what exactly that is, as I simply refuse to sit down and breed for a entire day...

I'm a solo player, so sorry if I'm being rude, I'm just getting irritated and having a super hard time finding a server that will work for me.

On 9/19/2016 at 5:08 PM, Renagade655 said:

sounds good, but "maxed" doesn't help me for stats because I don't think there is a max...unless ur saying they were like 99x which I doubt

are u saying for sliders? making them around 5-6?

baby maturation is a pain in the ass on SE because Wyverns take FOREVER unless ur boosted, so I'm curious as to what exactly that is, as I simply refuse to sit down and breed for a entire day...

I'm a solo player, so sorry if I'm being rude, I'm just getting irritated and having a super hard time finding a server that will work for me.

Yes, maxed means the slider is at maximum.  I can't get screenshots to work on the forum, so I took them with the server account.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived