Scorched Earth kibble replacements?

SgtSausagepants

17 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Ah, this is the part I'm missing.

I've played lots of hours, but not on officials, so I've only used a fridge in combination with prime a few times. I had one on a Quetzal, but in this case sounds like you would do a tame in a taming pen at your base with the fridge there or a fridge on a paracer next to the tame in the field.

Thanks, I'm going to try that. I don't have power yet, but could easily add it to the base anytime, just need to find room 

Yup....  Our taming pen is at our base, we kite everything to it, every argis... People like to kill tames on our server, so we do ours indoors...lol....     

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, wildbill said:

Not sure where you get the idea that people want a comparable map to the island or center. I haven't seen anyone say that. I certainly haven't been saying it. This thread is about how there needs to be a replacement for kibble that is missing for certain dinos.

Yes, I hear that over and over, but a few of us on official servers know that the reality is that a prime tame using a vulture is not easy. If you are on an unofficial, which I suppose 90% of the players are, they have boosted the gather rates and reduced prime spoilage by like at least 3x for both. Yes, then you can get like 9x the prime that a player can get on an official. Then it is easy.

On an official a 120 Rex requires 140 prime meat. You have 10 minutes to get that, and you get like 2 - 9 from each kill. So lets say 5 average, so you must kill 28 paracer and harvest them in 10 minutes. Not sure how you find that an easy accomplishment. Now with kibble, you can do it with 53 kibble.

Taming a high level Argent, say a 150, is 114 prime, so maybe you kill 25 paracer in 10 minutes, just 2.5 a minute, ya, that is easy, assuming you can find that many 

I think we have to be talking about something completely different here, you can't be thinking this is easy, right?

Paracers, boas, carnos, rex, argys, wyverns... lots of things give prime,  especially wyverns, they're easy to knock out and you just kill them and let your vulture eat em up. It's easy cause you coordinate with your team,  have fast mounts to cover the distances needed, and generally have good ark skills helps. 

10 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Paracers, boas, carnos, rex, argys, wyverns... lots of things give prime,  especially wyverns, they're easy to knock out and you just kill them and let your vulture eat em up. It's easy cause you coordinate with your team,  have fast mounts to cover the distances needed, and generally have good ark skills helps. 

Ok, that makes sense. If I was in a tribe with members with equal or better skills than mine, I'd be where you are too, although sounds like you might have a little more time to play than me, I work 40 hours a week also, but that just means it takes me a little longer to get where your at. Unfortunately for me, I'm having to train up all my tribe mates too as I go. I have some complete noobs, and some that have been playing a bit longer. I think we will get there, just not at the ezpz stage just yet  :)

The noobs can at times be a hindrance instead of a help. One got an Argent killed, then tried to go back for his body, got killed again. He then says he can't remember where he was (hmm, so how did he go back the first time?), so we never did find the lost argent. So that was two argents we had to replace. It think we are done with him thankfully, I issued him an ultimatum, and haven't heard back from him since.

5 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Ok, that makes sense. If I was in a tribe with members with equal or better skills than mine, I'd be where you are too, although sounds like you might have a little more time to play than me, I work 40 hours a week also, but that just means it takes me a little longer to get where your at. Unfortunately for me, I'm having to train up all my tribe mates too as I go. I have some complete noobs, and some that have been playing a bit longer. I think we will get there, just not at the ezpz stage just yet  :)

The noobs can at times be a hindrance instead of a help. One got an Argent killed, then tried to go back for his body, got killed again. He then says he can't remember where he was (hmm, so how did he go back the first time?), so we never did find the lost argent. So that was two argents we had to replace. It think we are done with him thankfully, I issued him an ultimatum, and haven't heard back from him since.

I can understand that, I told a tribe mate not to fly into the wyvern canyon with their argy cause it wasn't fast enough for those shenanigans, they thought they were good and promptly died with their argy 5 mins later. those with less knowledge/game play can make things much more difficult. Just keep at it.

20 hours ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I can understand that, I told a tribe mate not to fly into the wyvern canyon with their argy cause it wasn't fast enough for those shenanigans, they thought they were good and promptly died with their argy 5 mins later. those with less knowledge/game play can make things much more difficult. Just keep at it.

Yup, there's always at least one in every tribe...

On 10/14/2016 at 8:58 AM, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Ya, I think the fast mount is the key to this. I tamed a higher level (115) Argent, now I'm working on leveling it up. Maybe when it is fairly fast, I'll tackle taming an even higher level one. As it was, I had a hard time getting even 1/2 of it as a prime tame with the prime I could find within 5 minutes of my base. Working my way slowly up :)

Still miss the kibble. With some Carno eggs, made kibble and tamed two high level wolves. Took them out in the dunes and got a few thousand chitin. Killed a bunch of Mantis with them. Filled them completely up, had to drop some stuff, couldn't carry it all :)

6 hours ago, wildbill said:

Ya, I think the fast mount is the key to this. I tamed a higher level (115) Argent, now I'm working on leveling it up. Maybe when it is fairly fast, I'll tackle taming an even higher level one. As it was, I had a hard time getting even 1/2 of it as a prime tame with the prime I could find within 5 minutes of my base. Working my way slowly up :)

Still miss the kibble. With some Carno eggs, made kibble and tamed two high level wolves. Took them out in the dunes and got a few thousand chitin. Killed a bunch of Mantis with them. Filled them completely up, had to drop some stuff, couldn't carry it all :)

I love my wolf on SE.. he's got 4.5k health and 400 melee atm and still 15 levels to go. Once he's bred I'll have a better one.  You definitely need some speed tames. As long as they can kill and you have a high melee vulture to harvest you'll be good.  Prime hunting without the "double" weekend can suck tho. I'd suggest killing death worms and wyverns for prime if it's during the weekday and your tribe can handle it.

I usually am very hesitate to use mods.  I really only use one of the Stacking mods. But:   I finally gave in to the Kibble Vending machine mod which basically takes metal and cementing paste in exchange for kibble.  I've create too many annoying "egg farm" bases and I've been wiped too many times and had to start the egg farm over again.   I feel like: I have 2500+ hours in, I know how to get my kibble factory running, let's just cut the crap so I can get on with parts of the game that I actually like to play.

I'm also a breeder, so the idea of trying to breed dinos that haven't been tamed using Kibble isn't very appealing to me.

Also: I don't doubt that there is a possibility that WC will eventually add some of the dinos we need into SE to get certain Kibbles; and if at that point I've been busting my butt trying to get good breeding going using crops or prime I'm just gonna be ticked off. 

just food for thought i guezz.

Archived