Scorched Earth kibble replacements?

SgtSausagepants

4 minutes ago, CriD said:

But there aren't dilos here. Maybe that's an issue for some. Instead of waiting for the kibble or wishing it was there my tribe stayed productive and found ways around it. 

Tame two Rex, around lvl 50. Train in all health. Have them attack deathworms while other members shoot with fire arrows. Easy peasy.

Need stone? Go with a whip n whip up all loose stone n sand in the area. It respawns quick and is pretty effective. 

Sure it sucks that there is no kibble. But every problem has a solution if you look for one :)

Trading is also an option. 

See this is a good way to look at it, there are solutions to not having those perfect tamed Ankys and such. It just makes sense to have the option available to perfect tame said Ankys and such with a kibble workaround based on the map they are on like Ankys needing Vulture eggs or such

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

The map is suppose to be used in conjunction with the island/center maps.  It's an outpost.. I don't think the idea is to just stay there and get your kibble farm going. There are already kibble options without a high level anky/doed/etc anyways (mantis/golem/etc)

Yes, it is going to be that way eventually, but it isn't now. If you could tame the high level Argent on the Island, bring it to SE, then we wouldn't be having this conversation :)

I actually started from level 1 on SE, so I'm really feeling the pain of what it is missing. 

1 minute ago, wildbill said:

Prime is I think is 10 minutes on a vulture, less than that with salts I think on a dino.

But yes, I may have to go fishing, although I don't like it.

It is rather dull and boring. Usually I jam out while I fish. But what's more boring and dull is not having those argies. Be a pioneer in your tribe, show them and yourself it works and I garuntee you won't be the only member fishing next time.

The spoil timers from fishing, wether fish prime or reg, is nothing to take lightly. Use it to get that argy, use the argy to get dragon eggs and milk. Then, prime concerns are a thing of the past.

Just remember guys, this map is hard and supposed to be hard, if you adapt to what you can aqcuire from this desolate wasteland you will be ahead of the game:)

Member to gather about 40-60 sap before you go. Happy hunting.

9 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

I think you misunderstand what I am saying. I for one don't thing there should be ANY old creatures on an expansion, but hey its an expansion which means it expands on existing things even if that means an old creature makes it into the new map. If there is something available to you to use then you should be able to have full utilization of it. It isn't just what I want it is how literally everyone feels. It isn't a "just cause" situation, rather it is a "if its there I should be able to fully utilize it" deal. I am fully aware of how the kibble tree works with SE creatures and that is fine it works, but what about your Anky, Argie, Gali, or Saber?

Low level argy does the job.. as does anky and doed. Prime tamed a saber during the evolution event and was almost a kibble tamed one level gain wise.  Don't really need a Gali, there are roos that can navigate the terrain better. Low level egg tames are pretty easy anyways for any of the above (except Gali maybe). And I actually like how if I put in the extra time and effort that someone else didn't then I get a better tame as opposed to everyone getting a perfect kibbled tames. I would agree that the expansion would be nice if all tames were unique to it. And like I keep saying.. there are kibbled tame options. The other creatures are there if you want them but actually not necessary and if so, low level tames work.

3 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Yes, it is going to be that way eventually, but it isn't now. If you could tame the high level Argent on the Island, bring it to SE, then we wouldn't be having this conversation :)

I actually started from level 1 on SE, so I'm really feeling the pain of what it is missing. 

It actually is... have your main base on the island... travel to SE and kibble tame the new creatures.. transfer them back to complete your collection.. ezpz

5 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

See this is a good way to look at it, there are solutions to not having those perfect tamed Ankys and such. It just makes sense to have the option available to perfect tame said Ankys and such with a kibble workaround based on the map they are on like Ankys needing Vulture eggs or such

Indeed it does make sense to be able to kibble tame ankys. I miss my 680+ melee anky :( miss you pow pow :(

But since we cant, I now love my 212 mantis :)

5 minutes ago, CriD said:

It is rather dull and boring. Usually I jam out while I fish. But what's more boring and dull is not having those argies. Be a pioneer in your tribe, show them and yourself it works and I garuntee you won't be the only member fishing next time.

The spoil timers from fishing, wether fish prime or reg, is nothing to take lightly. Use it to get that argy, use the argy to get dragon eggs and milk. Then, prime concerns are a thing of the past.

Just remember guys, this map is hard and supposed to be hard, if you adapt to what you can aqcuire from this desolate wasteland you will be ahead of the game:)

Member to gather about 40-60 sap before you go. Happy hunting.

Ty for your knowledge.. I feel like most ppl just want an easy out to every problem they encounter.  The map is incredibly fun if you look for answers and learn its secrets. 

13 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Low level argy does the job.. as does anky and doed. Prime tamed a saber during the evolution event and was almost a kibble tamed one level gain wise.  Don't really need a Gali, there are roos that can navigate the terrain better. Low level egg tames are pretty easy anyways for any of the above (except Gali maybe). And I actually like how if I put in the extra time and effort that someone else didn't then I get a better tame as opposed to everyone getting a perfect kibbled tames. I would agree that the expansion would be nice if all tames were unique to it. And like I keep saying.. there are kibbled tame options. The other creatures are there if you want them but actually not necessary and if so, low level tames work.

I understand that you specifically don't care about the old creatures getting their full use, but the simple fact of the matter is that they are part of the map and should be just as capable as the new creatures and should have the option to be kibble tamed wether you think so or not. Doesn't matter anyways cuz the devs already said they are working on the kibble trees for SE

13 minutes ago, CriD said:

Indeed it does make sense to be able to kibble tame ankys. I miss my 680+ melee anky :( miss you pow pow :(

But since we cant, I now love my 212 mantis :)

Well don't worry cuz the devs already said they are working on the kibble trees for SE so eventually you will have said Anky again on SE.

44 minutes ago, CriD said:

But there aren't dilos here. Maybe that's an issue for some. Instead of waiting for the kibble or wishing it was there my tribe stayed productive and found ways around it. 

Tame two Rex, around lvl 50. Train in all health. Have them attack deathworms while other members shoot with fire arrows. Easy peasy.

Need stone? Go with a whip n whip up all loose stone n sand in the area. It respawns quick and is pretty effective. 

Sure it sucks that there is no kibble. But every problem has a solution if you look for one :)

Trading is also an option. 

For the amount of preparation it takes to tame a mantis, it's faster to berry tame an anky.

@Ep1cM0nk3y, clearly that's what I'm asking for. Why stop there? Why not have fiber act as super-effective kibble?

All I was saying is that 'tame a mantis' isn't necessarily a comparable alternative to a kibble tamed anky.

31 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

It actually is... have your main base on the island... travel to SE and kibble tame the new creatures.. transfer them back to complete your collection.. ezpz

I hope you aren't saying that SE is ezpz, because I don't think anyone will agree.

And I am playing SE, because I'm bored with the Island, probably not going back there ever. So for me, no point in having a main base there.

Did you actually do the above, and found it ezpz? Even if you have a level 95 character on the Island, travel to SE, you don't have a single thing when you get there. You have to build a base, you can't kibble tame anything at that point. You really are going to want that Argent, you aren't kibble taming that. Let's be realistic, nothing easy about this, and if you want easy, then you would stay on the Island.

I don't want easy, I'm here trying to figure out what works. Sounds like that is fishing, which I will try again. First time I tried it, it was a muddy pond and I couldn't see the fish well. I spent like an hour fishing, half the time there were no fish where I was fishing and it took me awhile to figure out that was why it wasn't working well.

The game has been designed to have multiple feeding methods of taming to have multiple final results. Each method comes with their own challenges with the hardest methods having better end results. It's scaled for players capabilities, investment, tolerance, etc. 

Scorched Earth was released minus some of the higher elements of taming, missing kibble capabilities for some creatures. It could be argued that the intention was to have it intersect with the Island/Center map and depend solely on transferring kibble to Scorched Earth but then WildCard did not integrate the scorched earth map with the original maps to run simultaneously on the same server account; thus requiring two different servers. Scorched Earth might be called an expansion or DLC but anything that requires it to operate independently of each other between separate servers accounts is its own game and should be supported as such. I can not see where WildCard could require players to operate two unofficial servers to fully use this kibble transfer capability (Unofficial servers far out number official servers and that would be a company suicide to upset them). So I believe that this is only an oversight and will be addressed. 

Generally, a new low level player that tames their first Doed to aid in building the initial base will not usually be using kibble anyway. The kibbled tame doed would come in handy at mid game. Higher level players may prefer the Mantis over the Doed and has then progressed past the kibble need for Doed. Same can be said for other creatures too. Kibble for all creatures have a purpose throughout the progression of the game. 

Whether bringing in the appropriate dinos to fill the holes in the kibble tree or creating a whole different kibble tree for Scorched earth, well, it is unknown. Simply creating a single kibble for all tames is unacceptable and not a challenging option. Creating different recipes that might share ingredients could be an option. Creating a kibble that is better than prime/crops but lesser than original kibble is not acceptable. 

For the unofficial server such as the one i play on, there is no other server with the Island or Center map linked for a cross Ark travel. This Scorched Earth map is the only map played on. I am willing to bet that there are many more servers without another server links together for the Cross Ark travel. As a standalone map encompassing a server, the missing kibble deserves to be addressed and fixed.

Have a great day.

5 minutes ago, Nowtarfu said:

The game has been designed to have multiple feeding methods of taming to have multiple final results. Each method comes with their own challenges with the hardest methods having better end results. It's scaled for players capabilities, investment, tolerance, etc. 

Scorched Earth was released minus some of the higher elements of taming, missing kibble capabilities for some creatures. It could be argued that the intention was to have it intersect with the Island/Center map and depend solely on transferring kibble to Scorched Earth but then WildCard did not integrate the scorched earth map with the original maps to run simultaneously on the same server account; thus requiring two different servers. Scorched Earth might be called an expansion or DLC but anything that requires it to operate independently of each other between separate servers accounts is its own game and should be supported as such. I can not see where WildCard could require players to operate two unofficial servers to fully use this kibble transfer capability (Unofficial servers far out number official servers and that would be a company suicide to upset them). So I believe that this is only an oversight and will be addressed. 

Generally, a new low level player that tames their first Doed to aid in building the initial base will not usually be using kibble anyway. The kibbled tame doed would come in handy at mid game. Higher level players may prefer the Mantis over the Doed and has then progressed past the kibble need for Doed. Same can be said for other creatures too. Kibble for all creatures have a purpose throughout the progression of the game. 

Whether bringing in the appropriate dinos to fill the holes in the kibble tree or creating a whole different kibble tree for Scorched earth, well, it is unknown. Simply creating a single kibble for all tames is unacceptable and not a challenging option. Creating different recipes that might share ingredients could be an option. Creating a kibble that is better than prime/crops but lesser than original kibble is not acceptable. 

For the unofficial server such as the one i play on, there is no other server with the Island or Center map linked for a cross Ark travel. This Scorched Earth map is the only map played on. I am willing to bet that there are many more servers without another server links together for the Cross Ark travel. As a standalone map encompassing a server, the missing kibble deserves to be addressed and fixed.

Have a great day.

You fellow survivor have your head in all the right places. I feel like it is simple to code in a dino accepting a second kibble option like Vulture being the start of all other kibble trees for SE. They shouldn't add a lot of older creatures cuz then there is no point in making the expansion in the first place. I like everything you have to say though. You have a great day also!

2 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

You fellow survivor have your head in all the right places. I feel like it is simple to code in a dino accepting a second kibble option like Vulture being the start of all other kibble trees for SE. They shouldn't add a lot of older creatures cuz then there is no point in making the expansion in the first place. I like everything you have to say though. You have a great day also!

Yeah, the kibble tree has been drastically disrupted but the resources are available to create new recipes for a kibble. a recipe using a specific combination of any of the following: A Vulture eggs, other eggs, combination of eggs, Quantity of eggs per kibble, whether an egg is fertile or not. rare flowers, rare mushrooms, the four crops, all the berries, the seeds, meats (prime, regular, fish equivalents), Jerky, etc. These can be combined in such a way to differ from each other. Maybe even the need to craft and add into the kibble recipe a chili or broth for higher tier tames or use the advance cooking to craft some sandwich or other different recipe as a kibble base before crafting the kibble. So many ways to make this interesting and require player involvement/management. 

Have a great day.

5 hours ago, wildbill said:

I must be missing something about how you can do a prime tame on SE. So I get the prime with the vulture, it lasts 10 minutes there, but as soon as you take it out and put in my inventory, it is around 30 seconds. When put in a dino, would be a little longer, but if not a starvation tame, you get 1 prime fed to the dino if you time it right, maybe none, as it spoils then the dino eats regular meat. Now if a starvation, you have 10 minutes to get like 40 prime. Never been able to do it, even with 2 people, but have got almost 1/2 of the tame on prime. Still, this is not reliable, and seldom would I call it a "prime" tame. So what am I missing here?

You've kind of answered your own question here. Starve out your tame, then go kill Paracers and Titanoboas. I'd recommend use an Melee and Speed buffed Argy, but whatever floats your boat to kill stuff quickly is fine. Do not use your Vulture to harvest--while the meat lasts longer in its inventory, it also spoils much faster after you remove it. Your best bet is to throw Preserving salts on your bird, yourself, and your tame, then harvest as much Prime as you can. You should wind up with a timer of around 16 minutes, which should be plenty to gather up the meat and fly back, especially if you have a friend helping you. If you've properly starved your tame, then it should eat quick enough that spoilage isn't a big concern.

Alternatively, if you don't mind waiting a little longer, you can also cook the Prime, though I personally don't recommend it (it's only about 50% better than normal meat).

3 hours ago, DeweyDecimal said:

I really don't like the 'get a mantis' angle, because mantis is taming isn't really comparable to anky/doed with kibble, given that the ONLY food for mantis is deathworm horns, which are much tougher to get than dilo eggs.

Sure, the many is is super effective, but killing a couple dozen deathworms vs taming a couple dilos?

Look at it this way... it'd be a few weeks before a couple of dilos gave you enough eggs to tame a hi level doedi.... You could kill plenty of deathworms in that time frame. Not in a position to kill death worms? Someone on your server is and they may be willing to trade them to you for grinding. We trade all our horns away now, no interst in high level mantis. We just tamed 10 females for golem kibble.

Also, with these double xp/taming weekends you can get a killer doedi or anky in half the time. The ones we tamed ended up at 171 and 168... levels that you would have gotten with a kibble tame anyways. Breed those together and you'll be in the 180's if you're lucky.

5 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

You've kind of answered your own question here. Starve out your tame, then go kill Paracers and Titanoboas. I'd recommend use an Melee and Speed buffed Argy, but whatever floats your boat to kill stuff quickly is fine. Do not use your Vulture to harvest--while the meat lasts longer in its inventory, it also spoils much faster after you remove it. Your best bet is to throw Preserving salts on your bird, yourself, and your tame, then harvest as much Prime as you can. You should wind up with a timer of around 16 minutes, which should be plenty to gather up the meat and fly back, especially if you have a friend helping you. If you've properly starved your tame, then it should eat quick enough that spoilage isn't a big concern.

Alternatively, if you don't mind waiting a little longer, you can also cook the Prime, though I personally don't recommend it (it's only about 50% better than normal meat).

We exclusively use vultures for prime tames... Whatever the amount you need is, multiple it by 25% and it will account for any spoilage that may happen, that ratio has yet to fail us.... Its also alot easier to get a vulture to high melee than an argi since you don't have to worry about putting levels in to anything but melee. My main vulture gets me usually 2/5 pieces off of smaller animals and 4/9 off of larger ones. I can harvest enough meat for a full prime tame in about a half hour.  Keep salts on your survivor and on the tame when you transfer and you'll have plenty of time for the meat get eaten... We just prime tamed 2 150 and 2 145 argis exclusivly on prime, then ended up 205's and 194's respectively. The one male 150 tamed out with 3100 stamina.... def a breeder.

3 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

Not sure if you've ever played on an official server. The spoil timer with salt in the inventory on SE is no where close to 16 minutes, I think it is actually 1/4 that long.

Once again, I'm wondering if there is some bug that is actually giving different people different results, or if it is a difference between PC and XBox. I keep getting different advice. I do know what you are saying above, I have tried on my PC, and it does not work as you describe for me.

6 minutes ago, madfretter said:

We exclusively use vultures for prime tames... Whatever the amount you need is, multiple it by 25% and it will account for any spoilage that may happen, that ratio has yet to fail us.... Its also alot easier to get a vulture to high melee than an argi since you don't have to worry about putting levels in to anything but melee. My main vulture gets me usually 2/5 pieces off of smaller animals and 4/9 off of larger ones. I can harvest enough meat for a full prime tame in about a half hour.  Keep salts on your survivor and on the tame when you transfer and you'll have plenty of time for the meat get eaten... We just prime tamed 2 150 and 2 145 argis exclusivly on prime, then ended up 205's and 194's respectively. The one male 150 tamed out with 3100 stamina.... def a breeder.

Yes, it is very clear now, I'm not playing the same game as the rest of you :)

The prime in the vulture lasts for 10 minutes. If you collect prime for 30 minutes, the first 20 minutes will have all spoiled. So you can't possibly be playing on an official server on a PC like me. I know the above can't possibly work. I wish it worked like the above, that would be easy.

7 hours ago, DeweyDecimal said:

For the amount of preparation it takes to tame a mantis, it's faster to berry tame an anky.

@Ep1cM0nk3y, clearly that's what I'm asking for. Why stop there? Why not have fiber act as super-effective kibble?

All I was saying is that 'tame a mantis' isn't necessarily a comparable alternative to a kibble tamed anky.

I find it silly tho.. that ppl seem to want a comparable map to the island and center.  This map is different and offers different challenges. I really don't get the want for everything to be easy and similar to the island.

4 hours ago, wildbill said:

The prime in the vulture lasts for 10 minutes. If you collect prime for 30 minutes, the first 20 minutes will have all spoiled. So you can't possibly be playing on an official server on a PC like me. I know the above can't possibly work. I wish it worked like the above, that would be easy.

It actually is pretty easy to prime tame with vulture.. we would actually starve tames then have 1 to 3 ppl with vultures kill paracers/wyverns/carnos/snakes to get all the prime you need and just do it all at once. 

1 hour ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I find it silly tho.. that ppl seem to want a comparable map to the island and center.  This map is different and offers different challenges. I really don't get the want for everything to be easy and similar to the island.

Not sure where you get the idea that people want a comparable map to the island or center. I haven't seen anyone say that. I certainly haven't been saying it. This thread is about how there needs to be a replacement for kibble that is missing for certain dinos.

1 hour ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

It actually is pretty easy to prime tame with vulture.. we would actually starve tames then have 1 to 3 ppl with vultures kill paracers/wyverns/carnos/snakes to get all the prime you need and just do it all at once. 

Yes, I hear that over and over, but a few of us on official servers know that the reality is that a prime tame using a vulture is not easy. If you are on an unofficial, which I suppose 90% of the players are, they have boosted the gather rates and reduced prime spoilage by like at least 3x for both. Yes, then you can get like 9x the prime that a player can get on an official. Then it is easy.

On an official a 120 Rex requires 140 prime meat. You have 10 minutes to get that, and you get like 2 - 9 from each kill. So lets say 5 average, so you must kill 28 paracer and harvest them in 10 minutes. Not sure how you find that an easy accomplishment. Now with kibble, you can do it with 53 kibble.

Taming a high level Argent, say a 150, is 114 prime, so maybe you kill 25 paracer in 10 minutes, just 2.5 a minute, ya, that is easy, assuming you can find that many 

I think we have to be talking about something completely different here, you can't be thinking this is easy, right?

12 hours ago, wildbill said:

It works it you put the prime in a fridge. And yes, we are on an official server.

4 hours ago, madfretter said:

It works it you put the prime in a fridge. And yes, we are on an official server.

Ah, this is the part I'm missing.

I've played lots of hours, but not on officials, so I've only used a fridge in combination with prime a few times. I had one on a Quetzal, but in this case sounds like you would do a tame in a taming pen at your base with the fridge there or a fridge on a paracer next to the tame in the field.

Thanks, I'm going to try that. I don't have power yet, but could easily add it to the base anytime, just need to find room 

20 hours ago, wildbill said:

I hope you aren't saying that SE is ezpz, because I don't think anyone will agree.

And I am playing SE, because I'm bored with the Island, probably not going back there ever. So for me, no point in having a main base there.

Did you actually do the above, and found it ezpz? Even if you have a level 95 character on the Island, travel to SE, you don't have a single thing when you get there. You have to build a base, you can't kibble tame anything at that point. You really are going to want that Argent, you aren't kibble taming that. Let's be realistic, nothing easy about this, and if you want easy, then you would stay on the Island.

I don't want easy, I'm here trying to figure out what works. Sounds like that is fishing, which I will try again. First time I tried it, it was a muddy pond and I couldn't see the fish well. I spent like an hour fishing, half the time there were no fish where I was fishing and it took me awhile to figure out that was why it wasn't working well.

I actually learn quickly,  am able to adapt and find solutions to issues and not worry about how WC is gonna fix it so it's easier for me, so yes, things are going smoother and smoother (ezpz) for me. I left my old island server and gave my tribe away but I know how to transfer and I plan on doing most of what I want on SE then heading to an island afterwards (to tame all the new stuff that will have been added since my leaving) with all my good stuff from SE. If you follow the SE kibble tree (hint: start with vultures and get as many as possible for base defense and personal defense, cactus broth and tents are easy to make, the broth acts like bug repellant, helping you tame vultures and not get attacked by other creatures, and when dealing with the wild, remember,  either be stronger or faster,  characters that fall in between will have a harder time)  then things are not really that hard.  Tame a low level argy to start and prime taming a higher one later will come much easier.  You just have to be willing to learn instead of wondering when things will be "fixed". And even if things are changed,  I always play like they won't be so that I'm ready for the challenge.

Archived