No more rain pls

BarryCade

When we started scorched earth straight after release we didn't have rain at all for a good few days and was surprised when it came along, but now today within a few hours it's rained 3 times.  It's a desert  !! it should rarely rain at all, especially with it being "scorched" earth.  I was actually expecting to not see rain at all.

Yeah, sounds like your server is just really lucky (er... unlucky?). I've been playing pretty much every day since Scorched Earth released, for at least 3 hours a day (often much longer), and I've only seen it rain twice on our server. Both times, I capitalized on the opportunity to easily produce a whole bunch of dye lol

Are you playing on an unofficial server? I wonder if the frequency of weather events is something you can adjust in the server settings, and maybe yours just has it turned up to a higher-than-normal level.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/7/2016 at 11:19 AM, BarryCade said:

When we started scorched earth straight after release we didn't have rain at all for a good few days and was surprised when it came along, but now today within a few hours it's rained 3 times.  It's a desert  !! it should rarely rain at all, especially with it being "scorched" earth.  I was actually expecting to not see rain at all.

Umm... you haven't spent much time in a real desert have you?  It actually DOES rain in the desert much more than you seem to think.

18 minutes ago, Groon said:

Not not really.  It is like in real life.  There is no pattern.  It is random.

LMFAO sorry but I really do find this amusing, rain is random in real life... ????? There is nothing random about rain, the entire planet has various systems occurring constantly that keep us alive and weather is just one of them, if the right conditions are there then rain will occur!

Archived