best way to kill Deathworms?

Vaskur

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rexs, Wyverns, Gigas, Golems are all good options. Just be ready to take like 2000k-4000k in damage if your going in solo. Groups make it much easier to manage, it just attacks the closest target, so if it keeps focusing on you just step back for a sec and it will turn to the next person. 

In terms of finding them, I have found them on every side of the map, seems to me that they like to hang around the desert drop locations.

On 13.2.2017 at 6:15 PM, X111 said:

I've not heard anyone mention a Giga?

we have a 261 and it solo's the entire desert including alphas of all descriptions.

unless I'm missing something

I think that's because not many people use Gigas there when you have Wyverns. You have to get one from Island to SE.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

I have a lv 320 Rex (born at 251) with 30k hp and 520% melee dmg would that be enough to kill an alpha deathworm?

Alpha worms have 27k hp and do around 500 damage, and they always spawn at level 1. I think you'll be more than fine. I did it with a 11k hp tamed rex and my tribemate had a weaker rex and we destroyed it.

2 hours ago, Colton1211 said:

How about 30k with 650 melee and acendent saddle

overkill

2 hours ago, Petraeus said:

I have a lv 320 Rex (born at 251) with 30k hp and 520% melee dmg would that be enough to kill an alpha deathworm?

OVERKILL

a freshly popped high rex with 10k hp and 400smth melee (primitive saddle) can solo a worm so anything above that is just a bonus.

On 9/7/2016 at 6:37 PM, Vaskur said:

So.. there is this one Crature in SE that awakens this urgent desire to have it.. The mantis. But since it only eats deathworm spikes, its difficult to even think about taming one. So i was wondering, if there is a good way to kill lthe worms. The wiki only says "yeah.. use a Golem" but that one is no option, since yu can´t tame them on mrimitive (because there is nothing you could knock them out with). So i thought about alternative Ways. is there any animal that is able to challenge them, other than Golem or Wyvern? what about a stronger Rex? I Just have no idea, how strong those worms are.

giga or a wyvern make mincemeat of it but a wyvern will get hurt quite abit. a giga not so much lol.  make sure the wyvern has at least more than 10 k health a rex i would not advise it you will be lucky if you win the fight. 

1 hour ago, slayerofzombs87 said:

giga or a wyvern make mincemeat of it but a wyvern will get hurt quite abit. a giga not so much lol.  make sure the wyvern has at least more than 10 k health a rex i would not advise it you will be lucky if you win the fight. 

Rex kill worm easily even alpha if you're at 20k health and 450 meele 

Easy method

Minimum Requirements:

• 3 Riders;
  • 3 Big dinos
    • Rexes
    • Wyvern
    • Rock Gollem
    • Giga
    • Bronto
    • Paracer

What to do?

1. Find the (alpha) deathworm
  2. Let it emerge
  3. Make a Triangle with the 3 Riders and the deathworm in the center of it
  4. Keep biting and walking towards the deathworm
    1. If done correcly the deathworm can't do dmg
  5. Loot the deathworm's dead body

Let me know if this information is/was helpfull,

• 5 months later...
On 9/7/2016 at 10:37 AM, Vaskur said:

So.. there is this one Crature in SE that awakens this urgent desire to have it.. The mantis. But since it only eats deathworm spikes, its difficult to even think about taming one. So i was wondering, if there is a good way to kill lthe worms. The wiki only says "yeah.. use a Golem" but that one is no option, since yu can´t tame them on mrimitive (because there is nothing you could knock them out with). So i thought about alternative Ways. is there any animal that is able to challenge them, other than Golem or Wyvern? what about a stronger Rex? I Just have no idea, how strong those worms are.

We used a Rex-100, Megatherium bug boosted-100ish, and Daeodon 210 for healing. Works like a charm

Archived