best way to kill Deathworms?

Vaskur

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2016 at 1:37 PM, Vaskur said:

So.. there is this one Crature in SE that awakens this urgent desire to have it.. The mantis. But since it only eats deathworm spikes, its difficult to even think about taming one. So i was wondering, if there is a good way to kill lthe worms. The wiki only says "yeah.. use a Golem" but that one is no option, since yu can´t tame them on mrimitive (because there is nothing you could knock them out with). So i thought about alternative Ways. is there any animal that is able to challenge them, other than Golem or Wyvern? what about a stronger Rex? I Just have no idea, how strong those worms are.

Any level Giga can work these over easy. ANY Giga, even a level 5 tamed Giga can kill these all day. Also, can kill the Alpha Deathworms.

Tame one on the Island/Center and transfer it over.

• 1 month later...
On 12/09/2016 at 9:49 PM, Dustycrow333 said:

I easily solo kill worms. Fire arrows bring a spare bow. Let it surface shoot from afar it goes under run past it at a angle as to not get stuck on it. Rinse and repeat. Long process but with no screw ups and some spare water it's cake. Disclaimer dunno if primitive has fire arrows

I have to say that this is the most bad ass way to get it done.. I've got to try it lol .. my rexes will be sooo jealous 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2016 at 5:18 AM, Tala2891 said:

My group and I have taken them out with rock elementals. 2 decent level ones should (key word should) take out a lower level one. Haven't seen one higher than a lvl 10 on our server yet. We used a dragon and a rock elemental for the alpha death worm. 

The OP stated he plays primitive. 

They cannot construct cannons to knock out golems. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/7/2016 at 1:37 PM, Vaskur said:

So.. there is this one Crature in SE that awakens this urgent desire to have it.. The mantis. But since it only eats deathworm spikes, its difficult to even think about taming one. So i was wondering, if there is a good way to kill lthe worms. The wiki only says "yeah.. use a Golem" but that one is no option, since yu can´t tame them on mrimitive (because there is nothing you could knock them out with). So i thought about alternative Ways. is there any animal that is able to challenge them, other than Golem or Wyvern? what about a stronger Rex? I Just have no idea, how strong those worms are.

Rex or Giga

You can use Wyverns but if you do, bring 2 or 3.

• 1 month later...

My sister and another tribemate use imprinted Megatheriums, seems to work well for them. And from what I recall, she can manage alright on her on. Just don't forget the bug buff before fighting it. I'm away from the game, so I'm relying on memory, but I believe their megas are over level 200. Can't remember how far they reached on imprinting.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if you arnt in a established tribe where you dont have access to a giga or wyverns i can say due to first unexpected experience to just another routine walk around.. I killed deathworms with allos and subquently one time with a mantis... 2 broken swords and a pike later.. i wouldnt suggest the mantis unless you found yourself a 80+ saddle...

On 5/7/2018 at 6:59 AM, Gunslingerediel said:

Well if you arnt in a established tribe where you dont have access to a giga or wyverns i can say due to first unexpected experience to just another routine walk around.. I killed deathworms with allos and subquently one time with a mantis... 2 broken swords and a pike later.. i wouldnt suggest the mantis unless you found yourself a 80+ saddle...

Both Gigas and Wyverns can be acquired solo - Giga's are all about the prep work. You will need...

1 disposable flyer. 4 metal dino gates. 1 large bear trap. ~700-800 tranq arrows if using a primitive crossbow, and ~9-10 primitive crossbows. ~2k narcotics/4k narcoberries.

Fly on your disposable flyer until you find a Giga in a decently clear area (Works great on Ragnarok for instance, not so good in the jungles of the Island). Place 3 of the dino gates in a |_| shape, with the open end facing the Giga. Place the large bear trap in the middle, and give it a bit to arm. If the Giga is straight on the trap, shoot it so it runs to you, gets trapped - Quickly get on your flyer and place the metal dino gate behind the giga, forming a complete square. After that, shoot it full of tranqs - Personally, I would load ALL of your hotbar with already loaded crossbows, and rapidly shoot them all, then just stick with the last one until it breaks, going to the next. Once it is down, place ALL of your narcotics/berries on it, and wait ~30 seconds, then use up ALL of your narcotics/berries - Remember that you will need a large amount of narcotics

Find a couple sheep, pick them up and transport then with your flyer to the sleeping giga. Whenever the Giga is ready to feed, kill, butcher the sheeps, and put ALL teh mutton on the Giga - A 150 Giga needs almost 80 mutton to tame.

Wyverns need a bit of cunning for the egg (For instance, using Ghillie/Cactus Broth to find and grab your desired egg with a backup crate of Ghillie/Cactus Broth nearby. Die, grab your corpse with the second set of Ghillie/Cactus Broth, and then just waltz out.

Prep your egg, and set up a wyvern trap - There are numerous designed for the wyvern trap, but I personally prefer a pillar box with ceiling, a small opening for my ptera/griff/whatever-teh-hell I'm using to kite the wyvern to hop out/in, and then go behind and close off the wyvern opening with a stone dino gate, preventing it from leaving. Once you have your wyvern trap, hatch the egg - A high lvl wyvern egg will generally have enough food that you can simply feed it twice at every imprinting period without it starving, but even low lvl wyverns can go 4+ hours before it needs to be fed. Every 8ish hours, kite a female wyvern to your trap, trap it, and then proceed to knock it out. Take the 5 milk, feed two to your wyvern (If it demands milk for imprint, even better), and do whatever with the wyvern milk - If you aren't busy, you can place it in a preserving bin with preserving salts, and refresh the salts every 2 hours, meaning you only have to knock out a wyvern every 16 hours instead of every 8. A few other useful tips include...

1 - Hatching the wyvern right next to your wyvern trap, and just afking your character by the wyvern. This allows you to KO the same wyvern consistently. If available, you can use a tek bed to AFK your character which will keep your character full on food, water, and health while you get some sleep, go to the park, watch a movie, ect.

2 - If your Wyvern has enough food (Read: 6k or more, possible during later imprinting states), and it doesn't require wyvern milk, you can forgo the wyvern milk until the next imprint.

3 - If another tribe is raising a wyvern, you might be able to leech off of their milk runs - Either for free, or a price, depending.

But both Wyverns AND Gigas are available to a single player - Giga's are relatively easy, and Wyverns just require time and dedication.

3 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Both Gigas and Wyverns can be acquired solo - Giga's are all about the prep work. You will need...

1 disposable flyer. 4 metal dino gates. 1 large bear trap. ~700-800 tranq arrows if using a primitive crossbow, and ~9-10 primitive crossbows. ~2k narcotics/4k narcoberries.

Fly on your disposable flyer until you find a Giga in a decently clear area (Works great on Ragnarok for instance, not so good in the jungles of the Island). Place 3 of the dino gates in a |_| shape, with the open end facing the Giga. Place the large bear trap in the middle, and give it a bit to arm. If the Giga is straight on the trap, shoot it so it runs to you, gets trapped - Quickly get on your flyer and place the metal dino gate behind the giga, forming a complete square. After that, shoot it full of tranqs - Personally, I would load ALL of your hotbar with already loaded crossbows, and rapidly shoot them all, then just stick with the last one until it breaks, going to the next. Once it is down, place ALL of your narcotics/berries on it, and wait ~30 seconds, then use up ALL of your narcotics/berries - Remember that you will need a large amount of narcotics

Find a couple sheep, pick them up and transport then with your flyer to the sleeping giga. Whenever the Giga is ready to feed, kill, butcher the sheeps, and put ALL teh mutton on the Giga - A 150 Giga needs almost 80 mutton to tame.

Wyverns need a bit of cunning for the egg (For instance, using Ghillie/Cactus Broth to find and grab your desired egg with a backup crate of Ghillie/Cactus Broth nearby. Die, grab your corpse with the second set of Ghillie/Cactus Broth, and then just waltz out.

Prep your egg, and set up a wyvern trap - There are numerous designed for the wyvern trap, but I personally prefer a pillar box with ceiling, a small opening for my ptera/griff/whatever-teh-hell I'm using to kite the wyvern to hop out/in, and then go behind and close off the wyvern opening with a stone dino gate, preventing it from leaving. Once you have your wyvern trap, hatch the egg - A high lvl wyvern egg will generally have enough food that you can simply feed it twice at every imprinting period without it starving, but even low lvl wyverns can go 4+ hours before it needs to be fed. Every 8ish hours, kite a female wyvern to your trap, trap it, and then proceed to knock it out. Take the 5 milk, feed two to your wyvern (If it demands milk for imprint, even better), and do whatever with the wyvern milk - If you aren't busy, you can place it in a preserving bin with preserving salts, and refresh the salts every 2 hours, meaning you only have to knock out a wyvern every 16 hours instead of every 8. A few other useful tips include...

1 - Hatching the wyvern right next to your wyvern trap, and just afking your character by the wyvern. This allows you to KO the same wyvern consistently. If available, you can use a tek bed to AFK your character which will keep your character full on food, water, and health while you get some sleep, go to the park, watch a movie, ect.

2 - If your Wyvern has enough food (Read: 6k or more, possible during later imprinting states), and it doesn't require wyvern milk, you can forgo the wyvern milk until the next imprint.

3 - If another tribe is raising a wyvern, you might be able to leech off of their milk runs - Either for free, or a price, depending.

But both Wyverns AND Gigas are available to a single player - Giga's are relatively easy, and Wyverns just require time and dedication.

I use the triangle method with the gates cause i dont like spending more resources good read though. 

Archived