My summary of Wyverns

Tatsu86

Yeah that's a very out-dated post I made when Scorched had JUST come out. I need to update it to say that raising time for a Wyvern is 4 days and your new high level of egg is 170 - very impressive, btw. I never found anything over a 158, and by then I was sure others had higher levels so I never bothered to revise the post. Will do that at some point soon.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

been pretty luck on eggs so far, got a 185 fire and 185 light and 55 light that popped triplets.  When hunting milk use a trap, there may be  a community trap on your server, just ask around.  or try 1111 on the traps that are built.  Only go after Poison Wyverns if you do not have an Argy with 2000hp.  Only go after Fire if at or above 2000hp.  Never go after a Lightening...NEVER..i have lost many many birds to them. Food on the 55s were around 600 when hatched, I lost one of them but found it about 4-5hrs later, it was still alive, I did not check its health.

About to start my first attempt at raising some Wyverns, we have 4 eggs in the 160-170 range.

Anyone have good ideas on the milk?  We have a trap setup close to where we are raising.  I was wondering how often we will need to get more milk for the Wyverns, and anything that may have changed in the past few months.

Just now, Rockfisch said:

About to start my first attempt at raising some Wyverns, we have 4 eggs in the 160-170 range.

Anyone have good ideas on the milk?  We have a trap setup close to where we are raising.  I was wondering how often we will need to get more milk for the Wyverns, and anything that may have changed in the past few months.

No real changes in the last few months that I know of. I raised some a week ago and other in my tribe are raising a bunch right now.

They use 360 food an hour, each milk has 1200 food, so assuming you only feed them when they can eat at least one milk, you can do the math. 4 * 360 = 1.2 milk an hour. You get 5 milk each time you knock out a female wyvern, so 5 / 1.2 is 4.17, so you have to feed them about every 4 hours. Sometimes care and feeding is feeding a milk. That can count towards their food if they are hungry when you do it. Care in feeding is like every 3 to 4 hours, sometimes a little less than 3 hours. Milk only lasts a few hours, so around every 3.5 to 4 hours you will be getting more milk if you want to get close to 100% imprint, otherwise at some point they will be able to go for like 8 hours or more no feeding, but then you would need to knock out 2 wyvern to get 10 milk or kill an alpha wyvern to get 50 milk.

divide the total food they can hold by 360 and that tells you when they will need feeding (lasts longer if they go into stasis mode)

2000hp will last about 1hour 20mins. so even if they starve they wont die straight away, so that's even more of a delay in their next feed

my advice would be get milk in good time. don't wait till the last min else typically when the pressures on that's when things go bad - always have a spare argy or pteranadon for milk runs

39 minutes ago, RetPetty said:

divide the total food they can hold by 360 and that tells you when they will need feeding (lasts longer if they go into stasis mode)

2000hp will last about 1hour 20mins. so even if they starve they wont die straight away, so that's even more of a delay in their next feed

my advice would be get milk in good time. don't wait till the last min else typically when the pressures on that's when things go bad - always have a spare argy or pteranadon for milk runs

The tricky part is that the total food they can hold is not their total food stat. The only way I've found to see the total food they can hold at any one time is to force feed a milk to them and see what the new food level is, but that kind of defeats the purpose of knowing the total food they can hold (so you know when to feed them).  :D

Archived