Meat Jerky Primitive Plus

ROYALXxScorpion

I haven't tested in the preserving campfire for a while since I just use the smokehouse, but last check they each worked the same. 

Crude oil can be used in the making of salted jerky if I recall.

I wouldn't take the wiki as gospel currently due to the amount of bugs in the game. Preserving campfire is (at last check) still preserving items without any fuel in. Should not really be used for Jerky making anyhow since hungry dinos will eat the meat from it if no other source, unless that has been changed.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy NoShoes said:

I haven't tested in the preserving campfire for a while since I just use the smokehouse, but last check they each worked the same. 

Crude oil can be used in the making of salted jerky if I recall.

I wouldn't take the wiki as gospel currently due to the amount of bugs in the game. Preserving campfire is (at last check) still preserving items without any fuel in. Should not really be used for Jerky making anyhow since hungry dinos will eat the meat from it if no other source, unless that has been changed.

Thanks for the info.  I am actually using a smokehouse, but that section isn't filled out yet on the wiki which is why I posted the above link.  I'll try removing the salt and adding organic oil to our smokehouse and see if it starts making jerky.  Will it still be called salted jerky or just jerky???

2 hours ago, BigDally said:

I'll give that a try, clearly the wiki is off.

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Preserving_Campfire_(Primitive%2B)

The wiki is still trying to catch up on all of the data for Primitive +. The big problem is that the bugs are slowing down the cataloging process.

Of course, it doesn't help that Scorched Earth also came out recently as well.

So answer me this please.  Why would you make salted jerky (which require both salt and an "oil") when you can just make jerky using an "oil?"  Or is this a bug in and of itself in that salt (without oil) isn't currently making jerky, even though it says it's salted jerky???  Is "salted" jerky really any different from standard jerky?  Doesn't make any sense.  I would rather make jerky with just salt since salt is much easier for us to get in abundance at this stage of leveling our tribe.

Archived