Vultures. Dont. Do. Anything? Also taming them is a joke.

TeRyn

Just now, mleii said:

Oh, cool!  I didn't know that.  I've just started taming Dimorphs for other reasons and didn't know they did those same things except refrigeration.

Well idk for sure if dimorphs will for positive gather dead bodies on purpose but they will attack from your shoulder and maybe eat the body.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Well idk for sure if dimorphs will for positive gather dead bodies on purpose but they will attack from your shoulder and maybe eat the body.

Well good to know, guess I'm going to have to find a few more and level them up to test it out. :)  Either that or I will need to get SE and tame a vulture, though likely that'll wait a bit.

Just now, mleii said:

Well good to know, guess I'm going to have to find a few more and level them up to test it out. :)  Either that or I will need to get SE and tame a vulture, though likely that'll wait a bit.

I do know that Dimorphs can absolutely wreck bigger creatures like Rexes cuz of the Rexes turn radius and how small the Dimorphs are

Pack of vultures like dimorphs are killing shredding machines and I'm respecting them more in the game more and more.  I thought they were broken at first about spill timers but understand more how they work as a mechanic.  I think many don't understand their usefulness as well.

I think their AOE is bigger than Dimorphs as well,

8 hours ago, ehuhoser said:

Pack of vultures like dimorphs are killing shredding machines and I'm respecting them more in the game more and more.  I thought they were broken at first about spill timers but understand more how they work as a mechanic.  I think many don't understand their usefulness as well.

I think their AOE is bigger than Dimorphs as well,

I love the vultures they do a lovely amount of damage to most things :) plus the prime meat spoil time is just amazing for this map, cause 10 minutes prime meat is great !

• 3 months later...
On 09/09/2016 at 9:58 PM, Multivitamin said:

I simply use them to store spoiled meat to make it last way longer. They also can harvest and hold prime for 10 minutes. Longest timer in the game i've found so far.

Have one on your shoulder and whistle attack target. Then mount a flyer and go kill big prey. The vulture will help in the killing and also gather prime from the corpse if you get close enough. The vulture never leaves your shoulder. Lvl the vultures melee and it collects more prime. Very useful tame when used this way.

Works best when killing paracers for prime.

You don't even need a flying mount. A sabre or Wolf will do.

Just keep the vulture on your shoulder whistle attack target and watch it go to work when your right beside your target.

As for taming them it's quite easy but I think it's important to do so in a wide open area and to have a mount with you and supplies of food and water. After the vulture has taken a couple of feeds the time between feeds shortens.

You can tame a high lvl one in 10-15 mins on official very easily.

Some areas in the dessert you will find multiple vultures. Taming 2 or more at a time is not out the question. 

When taming and you have to kill a nearby enemy make sure to harvest the body quickly. If you don't the vulture will aggro after taking a bite of the kill.

If a wild vulture is feeding and you get too close it will aggro on you

Archived