Introducing the Kentrosaurus & A Message to the ARK Community!

Jatheish

Whether You (wildcard) intended this or not, you are setting a absolutely horrific president by releasing paid DLC while in early access. If other companies follow suit, this will be a stain on your legacy that will NEVER wash away. People will hate you. I hope you realize just how damaging this kind of crap could be to the  gaming industry if we get game publishers like EA, Activision, Ubisoft, and Capcom doing this stuff. I still oppose what you have done and I will NEVER approve of something that could irreversibly damage the gaming industry.

since the last xbox update i been noticing a few things, like the dinos are not producing eggs like they use to, the beetles are not producing like they use to, and behemoth gates disappearing and costing more to build, i dont know if this is some sort of glitch , but id like to know if you guys have been getting other reports on this,

34 minutes ago, Igloo said:

Whether You (wildcard) intended this or not, you are setting a absolutely horrific president by releasing paid DLC while in early access. If other companies follow suit, this will be a stain on your legacy that will NEVER wash away. People will hate you. I hope you realize just how damaging this kind of crap could be to the  gaming industry if we get game publishers like EA, Activision, Ubisoft, and Capcom doing this stuff. I still oppose what you have done and I will NEVER approve of something that could irreversibly damage the gaming industry.

Wow exaggerate much? That's more over dramatized that a cheap made for TV movie. 

1 hour ago, Jtmorris said:

Wow exaggerate much? That's more over dramatized that a cheap made for TV movie. 

That's all you have to say? "You are exaggerating"? How do you know? What will stop people from going EA, delivering a basic working framework, developing DLCs with the sales of the EA game and then finally drop it with a shady explanation, which is what they can do as EA game. What on earth would stop them?

3 hours ago, TR-8R said:

Screw the whiner , even game developers work hard to make more contents and the whiner keep using * Early access * as an excuse to snatch them a free DLC....

Thanks for calling us "whiners" and that way trying to remove any credibility from us as persons. Maybe try to make actual points than going for ad hominems and insults.

Is it really so unreasonable to assume that with the successful sale of the DLC they will turn their main focus on those now, declaring the game finished in pretty much the state it is (maybe even leaving it rather unpolished on purpose to encourage follow-up sales for the more polished DLCs), since the base game is already (being) sold and further development on it probably won't net a direct revenue result.

In short: now that they got their first DLC through successfully, what is stopping them of simply declaring the base game released and only working on DLCs?

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, Joker86 said:

Is it really so unreasonable to assume that with the successful sale of the DLC they will turn their main focus on those now, declaring the game finished in pretty much the state it is (maybe even leaving it rather unpolished on purpose to encourage follow-up sales for the more polished DLCs), since the base game is already (being) sold and further development on it probably won't net a direct revenue result.

In short: now that they got their first DLC through successfully, what is stopping them of simply declaring the base game released and only working on DLCs?

It's not an unreasonable assumption, though how jaded does one have to be to have this as their default mindset? It's rather saddening to know that life can get miserable enough as it is, yet people would rather drag that same negativity in something that's meant to be entertainment (and often an escape from the stresses of life). I choose to believe in the opposite, but that's me. I try to have faith in people and the work they do.

Edited by ciabattaroll

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

It's not an unreasonable assumption, though how jaded does one have to be to have this as their default mindset? It's rather saddening to know that life can get miserable enough as it is, yet people would rather drag that same negativity in something that's meant to be entertainment (and often an escape from the stresses of life).

Sorry to drag you down like that, but I have witnessed and even experienced stuff like that before. (Look at Payday 2 for example).

Closing your eyes and ears before the possibility doesn't make it go away. And if this doesn't happen in the case of Ark, it can happen in future games as they have now created a precedence.

"Put simply: we are absolutely committed to driving aggressive development towards a solid, feature-robust game launch for ARK: Survival Evolved ".  That is the biggest joke I've heard out of any of the devs so far.  If you guys would stop throwing out new shiny broken objects and work on the core features of the game, I might actually come back and play.  And I've got 2000 hours on this game, I've dedicated a serious chunk of my life to it.  Forget the "it's early access, how dare you make us pay for stuff" argument for now, despite how valid it is, I still can't leave animals in my base on the Center because Allosaurs still spawn in my house.  Remember when that got 'fixed'?  I do.  Remember all the bug reports that got sent in?  I do.  Still can't place a behemoth gate without it disappearing 2 minutes later.  Still have to dump my items in a chest before I log out, because who doesn't love falling through the world and losing an ascendant sniper rifle that they spent 18 trips searching the ocean floor for.  Still haven't balanced spawns underwater, after releasing the Center map how many months ago?  Can't even take a max level plesi out w/ MC saddle without dying to dunkles.  Can't even breed the underwater creatures, not that you'd want to, because who the hell wants to spend 7 days waking up every 3.5 hours to give some virtual baby a cuddle or an egg?  (I should know, that quetz was the bane of my existence for a week)  Definitely don't allow tribemates to help imprint, that would just be WAY too convenient.  Certainly don't fix the broken building system, placement system, don't allow us to craft the best equipment because the smithy doesn't have enough slots, don't even put mosasaurs IN THE GAME, just continue releasing new, broken creatures for us idiots to fawn over, to make us forget how busted, glitchy, and bug-ridden this game is.  The concept is great, the idea was ambitious, but you guys need to work out the fundamentals before you start releasing PAID DLC.  Rant over.

8 hours ago, panteni87 said:

Devs, just don't make this mistake again. Have better communication. 80% of the salt could have been avoided if you would have been clear in your intentions. What you guys did in the last few months, hyping up the expansion without telling anyone you have to pay for it, is just a bad business practice. 
Even players that have defended your every crappy (but understandable) action, now feel betrayed. 
You have chosen not to explain yourselves again. You don't touch on any of the points of contention. 
Devs, my respect has lowered even more. 

I've been defending ark. I don't feel betrayed at all. I haven't throughout any and all of this.

So, there goes another argument. Although, indeed, I feel a majority of Salt is unnecessary...then again, it appears this community is far more toxic than i'd expect.

9 hours ago, Jat said:

Firstly, an emphatic "thank you" to the ARK community for the love they have shown towards this game

Thank You, for so many hours of enjoyment that ARK has provided, allowing me to create and play through a true sandbox experience.  There are precious few good sandbox, offline, single player games and I feel that Wild Card is setting the example for other developers to follow. 

Another thank you, if I may, to Jen and Cedrick for the most entertaining and informative live stream of Scorched Earth.  Jen provided a wealth of information, with the patience of a saint.  How she managed to stay composed while answering questions form that scrolling mess of a chat box is beyond me!  (I turned mine off as it was making me dizzy)   Cedrick's good sportsmanship knows no bounds!  Maybe I loved it so much because his play style (repetitively dying) mimics my own.  Kudos for hanging in there!  

Thanking you all at Studio Wild Card, for your continued efforts with such an ambitious project. 

Edited by Reclucy

I love ark and look forward to buying the new DLC AFTER you have at least set an official release date for the game. It does look very impressive and I will enjoy it eventually. However if your true intention was to test the gateway system there were alternative means. Youalready have a second map and you released primitive plus, couldn't you have implemented those in a way that would utilize the gateway system? Releasing paid content before final release is at best ill thought out and at worst a money grab. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt for now and assuming you simply didn't think about how it could be construed. The delay of other promised content (Xbox) and the crippling errors that came with the patch released the day of this announcement didn't help your cause or the appearance of impropriety.

Please be more thoughtful in your releases. We're all excited for new content but a little more diligence would go a very long way.

A big THANK YOU to Wildcard for making the dinosaur game I always wanted!  

That being said, I don't understand the need for the paid DLC, but I understand the reasoning for creating the expansion. Testing the features that will be a part of future dlc integrating with core gameplay is fine and I would rather you get the system right in early access. 

I own ark on both xbox and pc and I will buy the expansion for both.  Considering the amount of gameplay I have put into it and the amount I see putting into it in the future, the price for all of it has been a steal. 

The game will only get better for release and I will continue to play and support Wildcard.