Wyvern Milk........are you guys serious?

TeRyn

Got bad news for you folks trying to get Wyvern Milk, a patch on PC, if it isn't already implemented yet, will be soon that prevents you from being able to refrigerate Wyvern Milk. I believe you can still store it on Animals & maybe Preserving bins, but no more ice cold milk to go with my narco-infested cookie recipies my friends try to feed me

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, madfretter said:

Single player method:

build a stone box with a small opening at one end and a keypad controlled behemoth gate  that can house the animal, get a fast argy. Have the dragon chase you into the box, fly out of the small opening, land and press the button to close the doors. Tranc and extract milk as needed.

What!? Problem solving? No! Endless bitching is what we need here. Go back to actually playing the game! Ugh

16 hours ago, AnUncommonMan said:

I respectfully disagree. A game in which I can play single player I have the reasonable expectation of being able to accomplish everything the game offers by myself. If I'm unable to do that, then it's not a single player game. Wyvern milk isn't even one of the things that really bugs me but it's good to know that at least it's possible for one person to do. If I understand things correctly, it'll be necessary to beat all the bosses to achieve Tek Tier content. Which means I'll have to cheat if I want to see any of it or join a server because it seems that it can't be done by one person. That's not single player. It's misleading to list it as a single player game if I can't do all of it myself. This is the first game I've encountered that was like this.

It's a multi-player game (meant to be played as a tribe) with single player as a side option.

10 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

It's a multi-player game (meant to be played as a tribe) with single player as a side option.

Omg this. I've spent the last 6 months (Xbox one) playing solo, bouncing from server to server. I just joined back up with some friends for scorched earth and am back in a tribe and holy crap it's so much easier. We tamed two 100+ argys last night literally no trouble. It's been a week and our highest level player is 61 (highest on the server) and I'm 47. We have a full Dino pen, a pretty aesthetically pleasing and functional Adobe home. Tons of tames. This game is made for tribes. Once you learn how to play in a tribe, communicate and work together this game is so different.

4 minutes ago, TheRealTFreezy said:

Omg this. I've spent the last 6 months (Xbox one) playing solo, bouncing from server to server. I just joined back up with some friends for scorched earth and am back in a tribe and holy crap it's so much easier. We tamed two 100+ argys last night literally no trouble. It's been a week and our highest level player is 61 (highest on the server) and I'm 47. We have a full Dino pen, a pretty aesthetically pleasing and functional Adobe home. Tons of tames. This game is made for tribes. Once you learn how to play in a tribe, communicate and work together this game is so different.

Exactly.. it's fun playing solo (I've tamed quetz solo without a trap, Rex, giga, plesi, etc while playing by myself on official servers) but you get to experience much more as a tribe and it's not as difficult.

14 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Exactly.. it's fun playing solo (I've tamed quetz solo without a trap, Rex, giga, plesi, etc while playing by myself on official servers) but you get to experience much more as a tribe and it's not as difficult.

The difficulty is big, but the experience is way more with people. The feeling of flying from one place to grab a wolf and bring it back to the base for tame is kinda meh. But to go out on an argy while your buddy is on a Carno below following is surreal. Really adds to the Dino thing. The whole game is less of a chore with people (as long as it's the right people). 

If you're in single player then yeah you have no real choice, you'll have to be innovative, but even if you're solo on a player dedicated or official, make some friends, pull together with someone else and get two eggs, and both you work on milk. It's a social game, be social.

This thread... just... wow.  "Single player is too hard..."  "Wyvern milk is too difficult to get..." (I will admit it's odd you can't put it in the fridge.)  Somebody call a wambulance...

There are in fact solutions to the issues raised; they simply take longer and more work is required than when playing as a team.  Hmmm... sounds a little bit like real life... like maybe how it's harder to survive solo in a place like Alaska or in a time period like the mid-1700's during the colonial settlements... than when in a community with other people.

wambulance_logo.jpg

21 hours ago, AnUncommonMan said:

A game in which I can play single player I have the reasonable expectation of being able to accomplish everything the game offers by myself. If I'm unable to do that, then it's not a single player game.

Well then, by your own definition, it seems that ARK is not a single player game. As has already been stated,

5 hours ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

On 9/5/2016 at 5:09 PM, Genos said:

They might be possible to shoot down with one of the "Heavier" weapons that can down a quetzal. Then tranking a female wyvern and harvesting the milk should be possible. That is the plan we will at least try to impliment. One of us already died 10+ times and finally got an egg out.

How are you supposed to chain bola a wyvern when there are no air mounts capable of carrying a ballista?  Going to lure it to your base or something?  

20 minutes ago, Rancor said:

How are you supposed to chain bola a wyvern when there are no air mounts capable of carrying a ballista?  Going to lure it to your base or something?  

I think you could get a Paracer, put a platform saddle on it, and mount the Ballista Turret to it.

Of course I haven't tried this, being only level 7 so far, but I have seen a Paracer in single player.

The more I look at this, if you abandon your old ARK thinking, and look at this from the new perspective of the new dinos that are only in SE, it does seem to fit together fairly well, with a few rough edges of course :)

Just now, wildbill said:

I think you could get a Paracer, put a platform saddle on it, and mount the Ballista Turret to it.

Of course I haven't tried this, being only level 7 so far, but I have seen a Paracer in single player.

Yes, that is true. However you would risk losing the tame to the Wyvern. Luring one to a base at a time and trapping them might be the best option after all. 

3 hours ago, NymeriaSaida said:

Well then, by your own definition, it seems that ARK is not a single player game. As has already been stated,

Then perhaps they shouldn't list it as one on the Steam page. I understand it's intended to be a social game. I don't consider single player, in and of itself, to be too difficult to play. But as I said before, it's misleading to say it can be played as a single player game when one person is unable to do everything. Every other SP game I've ever heard of could be completed by one person. Multiplayer was typically an add-on experience. GTA 5 being just one example. Anyway, I'm not raging about it or anything, just a little disappointed.

Sorry, didn't mean to pull the thread off topic. Carry on ...

On 05/09/2016 at 6:09 AM, TeRyn said:

I mostly play by myself on the official servers, my fiancee is in my tribe as well but she doesnt currently get to play as much as myself.

So now that wyvern milk cant be stored to extend decay rate how the eff am i supposed to solo breed a wyvern...if i even ever got one.

I understand you want getting one to be difficult but currently its pretty much impossible for single or very small tribes to get one, specially considering they dont always drop milk.

And i mean coooooome ooooooooon. Since when dont you put milk into a fridge?

Please rethink this.

I got triplets to feed an I'm playing solo an the milk gets preserved for 2-3 hours which considering they want imprinting every 3 hours cuts things a little short.

Luckily though I'm not far from Dragon trench only problem is making sure I've got enough narco arrows or tranq darts to knock out the females.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:01 AM, madfretter said:

Single player method:

build a stone box with a small opening at one end and a keypad controlled behemoth gate  that can house the animal, get a fast argy. Have the dragon chase you into the box, fly out of the small opening, land and press the button to close the doors. Tranc and extract milk as needed.

So, build a large box, tranq the wyvern, get the milk, and keep the wyvern in the box so you can get milk when needed? If you retranq it after a few hours, will the milk respawn?

I feel that raising a Wyvern solo would be an extreme pain in the rear. If there any other substitution for ACs if you aren't high enough?

6 minutes ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

So, build a large box, tranq the wyvern, get the milk, and keep the wyvern in the box so you can get milk when needed? If you retranq it after a few hours, will the milk respawn?

I feel that raising a Wyvern solo would be an extreme pain in the rear. If there any other substitution for ACs if you aren't high enough?

I believe that the eggs need heat so should be able to use standing torches or camp fires if your to low for AC units. 

17 hours ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

it is an extreme pain even with increased maturing on its my triplets are just adlescents and i normally play 10hrs a day normally 5 in the morning an 5 at night an its been 4 days i think so hopefully withing a week they will have matured and can come help me kill everything on the ark when i transfer them over.

17 hours ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

I'm not sure yet. I have the female trapped on my server, but haven't hatched the eggs yet.. I don't have alot of ac units or fridges on the scorched server so my plan is to hatch one on a peak in south one where it is insanely hot and then transport the other egg to my island base and hatch it there, going back to get the milk as needed.

Actually, at this point, I'll settle for just being allowed to put wyvern milk in fridges.  Wildcard -- please!  I don't even know why you nerfed fridges for milk in the first place, either gameplay-wise or balance wise.

A question for those of you with wyvern traps -- does the trap have to be metal, or can it be stone?

I am pretty unhappy about the changes to the milk. I play solo. I dont like big tribes generally.  I work my face off for what ive got,and I expect things to be possible for me to obtain. That's not an unreasonable expectation, and it pisses me off that the devs actually went out of their way to take away one of the main draws of the expansion for me. 

I don't know you guys but i've got two adult wyverns now (a lightning one and a fire one), both stole from the nest and nurished to  adulthood on single player.

once you get the hang of it, it's actually pretty easy to tranq a female (generally i target lv16-40 wyverns), take the milk, and fly away on my argy to base (which is on one of the rock pillars in the central section of the map).

then I put the milk in my preserving bin with some preserving salt and it will last me about a hour and a half.

as a single player survivor i pretty much did everything, even end-game content (except for the bosses that i did not even try to fight to this day because i'm not so much interested in them to be honest), it's just more difficult and you have to better strategize and ponder your moves

I like how everyone in here is just like 

"hey get an argy and pump it's speed"

Well a 75 argy tame it's up to 8 hours for us on official servers. I know most of you are used to all this boosted servers where you can just do anything with ease. But for us on PvP and with small, to no tribes. It is nearly impossible to get these tasks done  

Even if I did spend the 8 or 9 hours trying to tame an argy, The wyvern milk task is nearly impossible for us on PvP.  I don't know how I'm going to raise one without going to a private server. 

On 5.9.2016 at 1:14 PM, Scrysis said:

How the heck do you get an argent that can kill wyverns?  I've had two birds roasted so far.  They're no where near fast enough.

But yeah, I'm surprised people have managed to steal eggs with the 35+ number of wyverns in the trench.  In my single player, I have very little hope of actually getting a wyvern naturally (managed to dart a low level one with a modded dart gun.  Yay! 5 milk at a time!)

probably an un-nerfed argy

Archived