Wyvern Milk........are you guys serious?

TeRyn

On 9/5/2016 at 4:36 PM, Scrysis said:

Even tranqing one is a terrifying prospect if you're by yourself.

Build a trap....Google it. i can get milk whenever i need it....takes 3-10 mins. FYI only females and alphas have milk. Knocking it out gives 5 for a female and i believe 50 for a alpha.

Also you can milk more than once (every 5 hours i believe) just dont go out of render range or your trap wyvern will despawn.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
On 07/09/2016 at 8:28 AM, Smash said:

Just because they give people the option to play it solo doesn't mean that everything needs to be doable for a solo player.

Besides, getting milk isn't that hard if you're solo.  Just build a trap and lure low level wyverns in.  Use a keypad to close the door behind them.  Then just tranq them out and get the milk. 

HA! Haahahahahahhahaa   just because its able to be played with other people doesnt mean it has to be. see? very easy argumentto throw back in ur face. Not everyone needs or wants to play with others but screw them right ? xD

I am a solo player and I have no problem getting milk or hunting for Eggs. There are plenty of guides on YouTube explaining how to solo raise Wyvrns. I think it would be nice to be able to put milk in a fridge, but if you raise one on the island you can still put milk in a Preserving bin with salt making it last 9 hours. I do all this on Official servers so it can be done if you know what your doing.

• 4 months later...

You're best bet of getting wyvern milk is not killing a wyvern. You  mentioned that they don't always drop milk which is not true if you kill an alpha wyvern it is a 100 percent drop chance for 5 wyvern milk, and from the sound of it you've been trying to attack wyverns and kill them in order to get milk which you will never get milk from because you have to knock out a female if you want milk. Find or build a trap that is on your server. Stay at a distance next to your argent and shoot a wyvern to draw agro. Hop on your argent and lure into trap and then go NUTS on knocking it out. They're pretty easy to knock out as well if you've got a good xbow.

• 5 weeks later...
On 05/09/2016 at 1:09 AM, TeRyn said:

I mostly play by myself on the official servers, my fiancee is in my tribe as well but she doesnt currently get to play as much as myself.

So now that wyvern milk cant be stored to extend decay rate how the eff am i supposed to solo breed a wyvern...if i even ever got one.

I understand you want getting one to be difficult but currently its pretty much impossible for single or very small tribes to get one, specially considering they dont always drop milk.

And i mean coooooome ooooooooon. Since when dont you put milk into a fridge?

Please rethink this.

Just play on a non dedi or dedi or sp with modified settings like bump up all ur player stats and all tamed dino stats to 75 in the menu and other stuff like egg hatch times and what not so u have a fighting chance I have 31600 hp on my character and play sp and 4000 some melee damage and I still can get felt by them raptorers if I'm not careful but it's alot easier and more fun to play i stole all their eggs btw and one or two maybe 3 punches knocks out the wyverns and I get lots of milk I hatched my first lighting wyvern which was a female on the ridge of the trench with a poop ton of campfires and it hatched in less than 2 mins and It matured in less than 5 mins and was super easy so now I have super OP lighting wyvern and raptor ton of eggs if u do this and hatch near trench it's super easy trust me just store extra eggs in fridge.

• 1 month later...
I mostly play by myself on the official servers, my fiancee is in my tribe as well but she doesnt currently get to play as much as myself.
So now that wyvern milk cant be stored to extend decay rate how the eff am i supposed to solo breed a wyvern...if i even ever got one.
I understand you want getting one to be difficult but currently its pretty much impossible for single or very small tribes to get one, specially considering they dont always drop milk.
And i mean coooooome ooooooooon. Since when dont you put milk into a fridge?

Please rethink this.
Do what I do, wait for double and then start raising it at 4 am. I got enough milk to last it for Saturday and Sunday and on Monday my tribe member did a milk run before school. He's in the UK so it was like a 1-2am milk run. When I got back on I had a 190 fire wyvern waiting on me

• 2 weeks later...

solo raising isn't difficult

the hardest part is putting down a trap.

on Rag we have a trap, linked to a breeding chamber. its ridiculously huge but we can trap a wyvern in one end and raise 4 wyverns down the other end with space enough to walk imprint if required. we trap the wyvern and just knock it out when needed and because our hatching and raising room is in the same render distance we don't loose out on remilking the same wyvern or loose time on milk spoil

• 5 weeks later...

I've raised a few wyverns on my own, you need a stamina ptera, barrel roll to build some distance, a good trap, preserving salt, and a preserving bin.

There are some really nice passive trap designs I've seen where you fly the ptera right through the pillars and it's very difficult, if not near impossible, for the wyvern to get out. Then you just fly back and milk it every once in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived