Scorched Earth Questions

ctrem

Loving the Expansion so far, have some questions...

Has anyone tried taming the Procoptodon with  Plant Species Y Seed?  I know Plant Species X seed is an alternate taming food, was wondering if Y works as well.

I am unable to attach Stone Pipes to my Water Well.  Is that a bug, do I need Metal Pipes, or am I doing it wrong?

Cannot find any Crystal or Obsidian nodes, any idea where to look?

Oil Pumps, can they be placed anywhere, or is there something I have to look for?

Thanks in advance! 

edit:  Added question

So, I can't answer your first question unfortunately, but I'll try for the rest!

You should be able to attach stone pipes to the well. There are four little spouts in the middle from which you should be able to set up an irrigation network.

Crystal is fairly plentiful on top of mountains; you can find with alongside salt deposits and metal. I would strongly advise taking a flyer, however, because Rock Elementals can smash you and your mount with ease. I've found small amounts of obsidian there, as well, but for any substantial deposits, I think you'll need to brave the Wyvern crag (near Blue obelisk)

There are specific rocks for oil pumps. They're easiest to spot while flying; they appear as a single rock surrounded by a small black oil puddle.

Tried taming a Procoptodon with Plant Species Y seeds.... no luck, doesn't work. So to tame them on SE you need Mushrooms - gonna be a pain trying to gather enough.

I can attach pipes so I don't know why you can't - sorry :c

As stated above, crystal can be found up on top of some mountains, but best place I've found so far for crystal (and obsidian AND sulphur) is a very very short distance from the red spire - theres a cave just a short distance south west from the obelisk itself. It's very safe inside the entrance with plenty of resources. 

Read above for the whole oil thing lol.

Archived