improving se Lets Look on the bright Side

MrDynamicMan

As much as I dislike the move WC made, it seems like nothing is going to change. So, lets go back to were we where before this debacle. Lets start talking about balancing and improving the base game. I cant remembre who said it but, "It's Gravy from here on out."

Dino balancing (small examples.)

• Lets balance us some legacy Herbis. Lets some older herbi's like the trike or mammoth buffed. Morelllatops is an amazingly balanced animal. Can move fast enough to be genuinely useful, with decent but not overpowered weight and combat capability. Let's make othe animals like the bronto, paracer, trike, and mammoth equally useful and unique.
  • Mid tier light mounts. Im looking at the Wolves, Sabers, terror birds and pachies (and to an extent raptors.) Terror birds and pachies are essentially useless. TBs are too hard to tame and faaaar too weak, and that's before you even account for the horrible weight. Pachies are simply not good enough and raptors are a much easier and better tame

Map design: Island

• I feel like there's a lot of "dead space" on the island. Places like heavily wooded forest that are never used or ventured into unless a tame gets KO'd there. This kind of gets better with the addition of new incentivising biomes like redwood, but then that makes the map feel really small and crowded. Its a tough nail to hit, maybe thinning the tree and bush density in some areas would help.

"Depth" of the game.

•  lack of decent AI. The Island feels really... wierd. There are so many dinos everwhere and they're just kinda wandering around. there's no migration patterns or group behaviour. it feels like their just walking in circles, waiting to be tamed, killed, or despawned. The only thing to diffrentiate one dino from another is by color and level.
  • Crafting/resource gathering. Its just faar to linear. there are basically 10 something resources in the game, and everthing is just that in different quantities. Rare resources that we have the "quest" for or a more complex crafting tree would help massively here.
  • Ascension and storyline (Im sure you've got this one covered/)

Technical side:

• Will DX12 ever actually be a thing?
  • the kinda crap everyone bring up on every thread. Collision, clipping, etc.
  • Improvements to the 15 minute Prim+ load time
  • not sure if its just me but the lighting is the only visually spectaular thing in the game. Dont really know how to address this, but the game should look gorgeous even when it isn't sunset.
  • Re-modeling some creatures. The pachie and terror bird spring to mind.

This is just a pretty brief list of what I feel the game still needs. Feel free to add anything. Please dont turn this into another bitching thread about scorched earth though, God knows we already have enough of those.

Archived