Allosaurus Alpha Buff

FlyinJapman4

Last night as I was searching for a pair of females for my Allosaurus, I encountered something odd. While finding a wild pack in the Redwoods is...inconsistent, I actually managed to find a pack of 6 Allos in one area. As I tranqed...or attempted to tranq, the pack I saw not one but TWO Alpha buffed Allos. They literally stood next to each other below my rock. I saw an hour or so ago that the same thing happened to a guy on Youtube who was testing out how many Allos could kill a Rex. He spawned 3 Rexes and 6 Allos and FOUR of the the 6 were Alpha buffed. I know he basics of the Alpha buff. The highest level Allo gets the buff, and receives a second attack, a roar, and damage resistance and buffs. But how can there be multiple alphas in one pack?

Has anyone looked into the properties of this effect and what numbers are needed to have the boost applied? Is it possible to have an multiple Alphas in a large group, even when they are crammed together?

Update: After taming a fourth Allo, I have confirmed that it is possible to have two plus with the Alpha boost. I have a level 45 Male, and level 43, 23, and 11 Females. The level 43 Female has the aura of the Alpha boost and she usually sits beside the level 45 Male who also has the boost aura. I assume that this is because there are enough Allos to have the Male as the Alpha of one pack and the Female as the  Alpha of a second pack, even though there are only four in total. ( 45M > 43F + 23F (Pack 1) or 23F + 11F (Pack 2) or 43F + 11F (Pack 3) and 43F > 23F + 11F (Pack 1.5.)

Archived