Scorched Earth Discoveries Mega Thread

Deadpool00012

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Multivitamin said:

She was probably aiming to high if she hit me but i'm sure she was nervous  your not the only person i've seen make this suggestion. Also I think you can just dangle someone over the egg and they can E to pick it up? Same concept just with no whipping!

Yeah I know you just pick up. But it is faster with the whip, as you dont have to hover that close to the egg. Just hope that the past fiasco doesnt happen again. I'm still developing the idea to make it is safe, quick and efficient as possible.

1 hour ago, Scrysis said:

Has anyone found the coordinates of the cave in the wyvern trench?  I think I found it once by accident, and now I can't find it again.

Try going on single player and using the playersonly command, it freezes all entities that aren't in use by the player. 

Unless ofcourse you dont wish to use cheats, if so I'll do it for you.

I have a new wyvern egg gathering strat that works really well with two tribemates + two argies + spyglass + organic polymer. You don't even need 200% MS here, ~150% will work.

1) Once you've located an egg, setup a small sleeping bag camp right above the trench, and have the player who will be the egg thief strip naked and throw everything on one of the birds, except the polymer that is.

2) Have the other player positioned above the trench with a clear view of the nest (clear view with magnifying glass).

3) Have the egg thief fly in and get the egg and immediately eat the organic polymer (suicide pill). This will leave the egg on the player's body and drop the wyvern egg aggro.

4) As 3) is happening, the other guy with the spyglass whistles the egg thief's argent to follow him. and goes back to the sleeping bag camp to bring the egg thief his bird.

5) The egg thief now flys down to loot his body, which now includes a wyvern egg. Because he's looting his body and not the nest, he will not aggro the entire trench.

It seems like you do get a wyvern or two that follows you out once you loot the body, but they drop off pretty quickly, so it's definitely not egg aggro. It makes me wonder if there's an aggro mechanic tied to just touching a wyvern nest.

You should get betting the egg aggro any time the egg transfers from one container to another. If you weren't get a ton of aggro you might have just gotten lucky with the dragons in the area. We had an egg stored in a chest and any time we removed it we would get swarmed. I think this would work if you can grapple the dead body while hanging from an argent and just fly off with the body? Its an idea i've been toying with trying. 

3 minutes ago, Multivitamin said:

You should get betting the egg aggro any time the egg transfers from one container to another. If you weren't get a ton of aggro you might have just gotten lucky with the dragons in the area. We had an egg stored in a chest and any time we removed it we would get swarmed. I think this would work if you can grapple the dead body while hanging from an argent and just fly off with the body? Its an idea i've been toying with trying. 

The dragons have radar now.  Or maybe x-ray vision. . . . O_O

On 9/6/2016 at 6:06 PM, kobyov said:

Airlift an Saber out to the dunes - I usually start in a corner and hunt up the boundary. Mantis and Scorps are your targets, chitin and organic polymer for days. The centipedes aren't worth the fight - getting your armour broken out there means an instant retreat or death to heat. There's oasis with water veins about the middle of the south and east edges that make great farming bases if you'd rather the safety of something closer

If it's too early for you for that, just massacre the jug bugs - you can still drink and grab oil from their corpses

What kind of high level saber does it take to kill a mantis? I think the mantis attack is crazy powerful, right?

I'm wanting to get some organic polymer, but the best dino I have so far is a level 32 argent. I'm sure it can't kill it. I have a couple level 50 sabers, but it seems doubtful they can kill a mantis.

4 minutes ago, wildbill said:

What kind of high level saber does it take to kill a mantis? I think the mantis attack is crazy powerful, right?

I'm wanting to get some organic polymer, but the best dino I have so far is a level 32 argent. I'm sure it can't kill it. I have a couple level 50 sabers, but it seems doubtful they can kill a mantis.

I think I took a level 70 saber out there a couple of times.  Worked just fine.

Pick your battles.  Take out your spyglass and check the levels on the matids before you get too close.  If you see a 100+ mantid, don't go near it.  There are a ton of low-level mantids out there on the dunes, just waiting for you to eat up their lovely chitin.  Also, make sure you level hp over melee damage on your saber.  Sure, damage will kill them faster, but you need to survive that first hit when they pounce at you.  Make sure your bird is passive when you head out there with it on follow.  You really want to tank damage on the saber, and not on the bird.  Make sure to periodically dump stuff on the bird too so the cat isn't too heavy.

Worst case scenario -- mantids are in the process of kicking your ass because you pulled too many, too high, etc.  Turn around and run!  Kitties are hella fast, and MUCH faster than mantids.  The mantids won't be able to catch you.

36 minutes ago, Scrysis said:

I think I took a level 70 saber out there a couple of times.  Worked just fine.

Pick your battles.  Take out your spyglass and check the levels on the matids before you get too close.  If you see a 100+ mantid, don't go near it.  There are a ton of low-level mantids out there on the dunes, just waiting for you to eat up their lovely chitin.  Also, make sure you level hp over melee damage on your saber.  Sure, damage will kill them faster, but you need to survive that first hit when they pounce at you.  Make sure your bird is passive when you head out there with it on follow.  You really want to tank damage on the saber, and not on the bird.  Make sure to periodically dump stuff on the bird too so the cat isn't too heavy.

Worst case scenario -- mantids are in the process of kicking your ass because you pulled too many, too high, etc.  Turn around and run!  Kitties are hella fast, and MUCH faster than mantids.  The mantids won't be able to catch you.

Thanks. I will level these guys up to over 1000 health (maybe 1500 if I can) and try this sometime.

1 minute ago, wildbill said:

Thanks. I will level these guys up to over 1000 health (maybe 1500 if I can) and try this sometime.

Just be careful and check up on the bird.  Sometimes things will go after the bird first.  Or you'll get flying ants.  I'm not sure how much health your argent has, but it can't be a lot.  When in doubt, take it slow.

On 9/22/2016 at 7:38 AM, LegendEternal said:

Ever get anything above primitive off of them?

only thing on the map that has droped any tools above primitive are alpha wyverns not even the alpha death worm has dropped loot yet, and so far all were gotten from them are picks and hatchets. One of our guys found a ramshackle pike from a white drop, but we havent seen another since then. we mainly stick with swords we made from bps outta "sea crates" out in the dunes.

19 hours ago, wildbill said:

I lost a 68 carno to two mantis, ran out of stamina and was taking to much damage. be careful out there with low HP dinos. id sugest a mid to high level argie as you can fly away if the crap hits the fan.,

7 hours ago, DarkstarRising said:

only thing on the map that has droped any tools above primitive are alpha wyverns not even the alpha death worm has dropped loot yet, and so far all were gotten from them are picks and hatchets. One of our guys found a ramshackle pike from a white drop, but we havent seen another since then. we mainly stick with swords we made from bps outta "sea crates" out in the dunes.

Drops have been good to my tribe. 

I'm not sure on wyvern kills, we haven't got anything from deathworms, other than horns, leech blood and some angler gel.

But the desert drops have given us some good BPs, and a few crafted things here and there. 

Personally, I've had my best luck on the beacons. Except for the occasional red-halo drop full of oil pump BPs, (the new compass bp) I've got some decent whips and a JM pike, APP Rocket Launcher, enough adobe building bps that I don't have to learn any...

I've spent hours chasing drops of every color, and I haven't found a single piece of desert cloth above primitive. 

I've got a box full of primitive desert cloth sets, all of them engram-quality.

I would give pretty much anything for even a ramshackle desert set

Archived