Wildcard: I want to play the DLC and I want to give you money, but...

Junglist

7 minutes ago, vashshadow said:

doing this just opens the flood gate for more garbage companies to do the same more bull dlc just so they can milk every last drop from you but that being said this dlc does look good they should have moth balled this until the game is finished

So a company is garbage cuz they release a DLC at an opportune time, when popularity for the game is high and they just might need a little money to help push the development of the game. Maybe to hire more staff to help fix bugs maybe this maybe that. Why do you even play the game if you think they are garbage? Have you played any other game, cuz I don't see any difference in WC releasing a DLC than any other single company that does? This isn't ok but AAA titles like Destiny get away with charging people the price for a full game when Taken King released? Lack of reasoning

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I don;t really like being accused of hating on a game that I clearly stated that I love in OP. I just want it to work is all.
I will buy the DLC and all subsequent DLC when I can average a decent frame rate, my dino stop disappearing, ai is fixed, I stop getting randomly trapped on walls and doors in my base and the game actually functions properly.
It's a great game, but I have to permanently tailor my play style all the time to account for the same bugs I was dealing with a year ago. It's really annoying. As far as I can see, these things could have been fixed if the devs were focused on them.

I'd happily spend €20 on cosmetic skins or something if I knew it would go towards fixing hte base game, but I cannot buy the product that I see as the reason the base game underperforms still.

30 minutes ago, OniZero713 said:

After seeing all this hate on the forums I really want to know how many of the people complaining have ACTUALLY stopped playing? I see a lot of criticism and how this is a bad idea and the community is going to fall off etc. etc. but how many of you have ACTUALLY stopped? 

I'm waiting on the hotfix for crashing player dedicated servers, and the Redwood Biome I was expecting. 

15 minutes ago, DeweyDecimal said:

I'm waiting on the hotfix for crashing player dedicated servers, and the Redwood Biome I was expecting. 

You're playing on the Center Map yeah? I like that map too but I'm personally gonna stop playing because of a few issues. The server I'm on doesn't seem to have the crashing issue... maybe I'm just lucky?

1 hour ago, vashshadow said:

doing this just opens the flood gate for more garbage companies to do the same more bull dlc just so they can milk every last drop from you 

But I don't care about other companies. I've only been playing ark this year.

but that being said this dlc does look good they should have moth balled this until the game is finished

Why, I when I can play it now : )

1 minute ago, waterKeeper said:

But I don't care about other companies. I've only been playing ark this year.

Why, I when I can play it now : )

i highly bout that ark is the only game youve played this year that fact is this game has many game breaking bugs in it that need to be fixed you dont fix bugs by adding more bugs and lets not forget the fact updates have been slowing down a sign that the dlc pulled focus off the many game also about the updates lately they add more bugs break the game more and add nothing to the game

2 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

No sir, I just read the fine print when I made the conscious decision of buying a "pre-release" game that alerts you to the fact that it may or may not work properly always because the game is still being built. So I therefor have absolutely nothing to complain about because I have gotten more out of this incomplete/half price game then I have some AAA "fully complete on release" 60$ games, with 100$+ in DLC lol

Quite funny that you have nothing to complain about the game being build and not finished. But your double standard  morale only works to make you look like a child and mention games dlc that no one cares about. 

IGnoring the fact that in xbox cost 40$ bucks and they already lost  all the game momentum.   From this moment foward specially if the DlC sells well, the core of the game is going to be forgotten.  Why?? simple logic if 40$ for 1million+ sales (console alone)  wasn't  enough to finish and make them focus/motivated  on fix and deliver in their project,  what makes you think  that  they are going to deliver,  when they can easy cash  fans like yourself?? 

Feel free to share your wisdom and educate me of how the world truly works in your doble morale mind and please dont talk about hours spent/ price because this has nothing to do with that, not even the price of the DLC is the real  problem in this. 

2 hours ago, vashshadow said:

fallout 4 was a flop and they even come out and said it was a flop so thats kinda a bad game to go with. now i can understand supporting devs you like but they have been slowing down more with updates the last update was 8 gigs for a door i can not stand by and see dlc for a ea whats to stop other campanies to do this bull too with the way the game industry has been going the last 10 years im waiting for another crash for games or some other very bad thing to happen at a game expo seeing how it seems games are not the new way to raptor people out of theyre money

You should link that artical because i mean it broke sales records last i checked..the only flop part that i know of is mods for ps4 and thats on sony from what read as it has to do with the way they have there sound files are set up..

i do agree with the way the industry seems to be going and didnt buy the dlc just because its early acess and the fact i play on xbox and we got 8 prim + servers and 120+ of the new dlc

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, OniZero713 said:

After seeing all this hate on the forums I really want to know how many of the people complaining have ACTUALLY stopped playing? I see a lot of criticism and how this is a bad idea and the community is going to fall off etc. etc. but how many of you have ACTUALLY stopped? 

It's not about the stop playing, it's the stop paying.

I'm not giving this company another dime until the core game is finished. Then, sure.

18 minutes ago, CaptainSalame said:

Quite funny that you have nothing to complain about the game being build and not finished. But your double standard  morale only works to make you look like a child and mention games dlc that no one cares about. 

IGnoring the fact that in xbox cost 60$ bucks and they already lost  all the game momentum.   From this moment foward specially if the DlC sells well, the core of the game is going to be forgotten.  Why?? simple logic if 60$ for 1million+ sales (console alone)  wasn't  enough to finish and make them focus/motivated  on fix and deliver in their project,  what makes you think  that  they are going to deliver,  when they can easy cash  fans like yourself?? 

Feel free to share your wisdom and educate me of how the world truly works in your doble morale mind and please dont talk about hours spent/ price because this has nothing to do with that, not even the price of the DLC is the real  problem in this. 

I am confused on what you are saying all together. Do you speak english as a native language? Are you saying Ark costs 60 now? cuz it doesn't. Costs 35 I think, and the DLC is 19.99. Double morals? I feel like the fact that there is a price is everyone's major issue. If this DLC had released free then everyone wouldve been upset about bugs but I can 100% promise you that there would not be near the amount of crying about it. So yeah the real problem is the DLC costing instead of being free, even a child could realize this which isn't that what you think I am so that would mean a child is smarter than you? It is really getting tiring mentioning the fact that when you bought the game you basically signed a contract to accept the fact that it was going to have bugs of all shapes and sizes(and I don't mean the scorpions, etc.) because you were plainly told so about it. You and everyone else have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to say WildCard is doing anything wrong or trash them for their decisions when YOU, not your cousin,sister,brother,mother, bought this game knowing that it WOULD NOT work perfectly 100% of the time. The notice when you buy the game that states so is WildCard's insurance against all this backlash cuz if you were that concerned about it being incomplete you wouldnt have bought it in the first place. You literally can't get mad about losing progress, you had to pay no money to make that progress, there were no Micro-transaction XP boosters or special costumes or fancy weapons that nobody else has, the only thing YOU spent on this game was A( the initial cost for the right to play with knowledge of its issues and contribute to the community by pointing out things you want added/balanced  and B( the time you spent to get to where you were, which guess what is free so nobody can reimburse you for that cuz it was your decision.

2 minutes ago, Moodster1986 said:

You should link that artical because i mean it broke sales records last i checked..the only flop part that i know of is mods for ps4 and thats on sony from what read as it has to do with the way they have there sound files are set up..

i do agree with the way the industry seems to be going and didnt buy the dlc just because its early acess and the fact i play on xbox and we got 8 prim + servers and 120+ of the new dlc

look at how many people hated the dlc for it and the fact no one like a talking main character or how empty it felt as a game

look at how many people hated the dlc for it and the fact no one like a talking main character or how empty it felt as a game

Just as many people who hated it loved the dlc (myself included sense i love building) as far as the rest it sounds more like the i just dont like fallout argument i here from everyone......

ganna end this here as im not trying to hijack the thread or nething..

17 minutes ago, Moodster1986 said:

Just as many people who hated it loved the dlc (myself included sense i love building) as far as the rest it sounds more like the i just dont like fallout argument i here from everyone......

and the building part is one of the reasons it flop how does not like the way a game is going hating it people just dont want to take it in the ass pay for it and smile about it

13 minutes ago, vashshadow said:

and the building part is one of the reasons it flop how does not like the way a game is going hating it people just dont want to take it in the ass pay for it and smile about it

Call it a flop all ya want...sales records say differently and as for people hating the building...you should have seen that coming sense every game sense oblivion has had buy able houses (mostly threw dlc) and the reason it was added was due to hope popular a mod for new vegas was....there was 1 total mission u are required to build (the one to get into the institute) the others including sancutuary are skipable no one fault but there own if they chose to do them..

anything else you have to say send in a messge as i wont be relying here 

Whats even more enraging on this whole topic is its been roughly 24 hours and wildcard has yet to release an official statement in regards to all the backlash and anger towards this dlc. Even as over 50% of the players in the last 30 days have posted negative review to plummet the steam rating of the game. Personally i think the expansion looks amazing and i'd love to try it but I'm not spending a single penny more on this game until Wildcard studio directly addresses the issue and talks to their fan base that they are quickly loosing. then maybe i'd try it. But seriously the fact they haven't made an announcement is i truly believe they don't care. they're making money of the die-hard fans who miraculously don't feel betrayed in any  sense of the way because they feel that hours played justifies spending more for more entertainment even though the games still broken and unfinished.

1 hour ago, UDGxKnight said:

I am confused on what you are saying all together. Do you speak english as a native language? Are you saying Ark costs 60 now? cuz it doesn't. Costs 35 I think, and the DLC is 19.99. Double morals? I feel like the fact that there is a price is everyone's major issue. If this DLC had released free then everyone wouldve been upset about bugs but I can 100% promise you that there would not be near the amount of crying about it. So yeah the real problem is the DLC costing instead of being free, even a child could realize this which isn't that what you think I am so that would mean a child is smarter than you? It is really getting tiring mentioning the fact that when you bought the game you basically signed a contract to accept the fact that it was going to have bugs of all shapes and sizes(and I don't mean the scorpions, etc.) because you were plainly told so about it. You and everyone else have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to say WildCard is doing anything wrong or trash them for their decisions when YOU, not your cousin,sister,brother,mother, bought this game knowing that it WOULD NOT work perfectly 100% of the time. The notice when you buy the game that states so is WildCard's insurance against all this backlash cuz if you were that concerned about it being incomplete you wouldnt have bought it in the first place. You literally can't get mad about losing progress, you had to pay no money to make that progress, there were no Micro-transaction XP boosters or special costumes or fancy weapons that nobody else has, the only thing YOU spent on this game was A( the initial cost for the right to play with knowledge of its issues and contribute to the community by pointing out things you want added/balanced  and B( the time you spent to get to where you were, which guess what is free so nobody can reimburse you for that cuz it was your decision.

Im confused as well since the point is clear the game is unfinished and that's  ok with you,  but you have an issue because people dont want to give them a dime before they fix the core,  I dont see what part of that dont you get  and about the price whats  a typo since I was stuck  in traffic.  

About the price in my case is not even close to being the issue, but I dont pay for content/promises that has not been delivered,  especially if the game is as broken as this one. So to put it in perspective  for you,  I prefer at this point to Flush 20$ in the toilet that support this guys. 

Time> money so if I lose the progress you can bet that im going to be piss off,  specially  when is pure incompetence.   But thats not the point either the issue here and all the backlash is because  the core is not finish, the last patches have been beyond bad and half of the issues that have been pointed out 8 months  ago are still there, so if u wanna give them more money thats awesome enjoy the dlc. 

About the rest I do believe  that at this point they are incompetent  to finish the game and when they pull this move ANYONE that  is not happy about the state of the game can call them for what they are  "Unprofessional "  just to keep it in tone and personally Im glad that just got my refund back on steam,  lucky for them I cant do anything about the xbox version. 

After more than 800h online with this masochistic broken game, I can say that Im unistalling.

People who do not work as game developers have no ground to complain about how the game is developed what so ever. Period  

Counless threads and comments all the time . everyone keeps saying "why are you adding all this new stuf and not fixing major bugs in the game?". To you i just laugh and say nicely stfu.  you dont know the proccess so just shut it.  

The devs have already made a completely finominal game. Even with the current bugs it is worth well over 60$ wich is far from what you have paid including the new dlc.

All the bugs will get addressed when it is time. Just be patient and show some gratitude for the hard work all at wildcard are doing.  

They are not ignoring you , this whole game is being developed with help from the community. So just chill out, play some ark and stop thinking completely that you have more knowledge how to develope a game than they do  cause you sound like fools lol

7 hours ago, OniZero713 said:

About 80% of the people I used to play with have dropped it due to bugs. On the topic of price and budget distribution I'm pretty sure Wildcard can and will release anything they want for as much money as they want to charge. It is the duty of the customer to make informed decisions about buying the product and given the current state of the game buying yet another unfinished product probably qualifies as unwarranted optimism.

I agree that Ark is an insanely good game already but for those of us who play the long game consistency is a major issue. I will not again put hundreds of hours into the grind to some end game Dino only to see it fall through the ground or just dissapear altogether once the next patch is released. On dedicated servers with increased rates and frequent wipes this might be different but that really is besides the point.

"Official servers" require excessive grind and, to me, the fun thing about grinding is not the grind itself but seeing the finished result. If that result is then nullified by some bug all that remains is tedious grind. This would be the same in SE dragons and whatnot. No thanks.

Just a couple of points, in no particular order.

Complaints about releasing DLC content before the core game is finished is a bit problematic.  As far as I can tell WildCard is still putting out regular updates and are sticking to the release schedule they revised months ago.  Revised, I might add, because the community kept pushing for more content to be added before release.

Complaints about "game breaking" bugs that aren't actually game breaking are questionable as well.  Yes, certain bugs can be very annoying... but hardly game breaking and for most players are not a common occurrence.  To the poster that asked if his lack of experiencing frequent bugs meant he was "just lucky?"... no, it means you're just an average player.  Most importantly, we aren't even to that point in the development cycle.  This is for obvious reasons that have been explained countless times on the forums of every EA and beta test forum I have ever participated in.

Complaints about paid content being released for a game that is still in development make little sense either, since there are countless games that have charged for additional content throughout their development process.  Many of which have gone on to be tremendously successful.  For an example currently in development I direct your attention to titles like War Thunder, among others.

Lastly, if you don't want to pay for the DLC then simply don't.  No one is forcing you to, and no one is blaming you if you don't choose to do so.  Wait until the game releases, or don't purchase it at all.  If you're in a tribe your tribe mates will likely bring back the cooler items for you to check out at your leisure and then make up your mind.

So far SE has had tremendously positive reviews, so you have nothing to lose by taking the "wait and see" approach.  There are other expansions to ARK currently in development, some will be to my taste while others likely will not be, so I'll be taking that same approach at some point.  However, while there are many issues where I don't see eye to eye with WildCards development strategy, but this isn't one of them.

you

11 hours ago, TheRealTFreezy said:

and please don't forget, the dlc is basically just the map.

Yea... you forgot the new building components, new armor, new weapons, new saddles, new crafting items, etc. It's far more than just a map. However asking for another $20 for a DLC that's being slapped on an already buggy, unfinished game just reeks for conflict of interests.

I'm pretty much done with Wildcard over this... you can thank them when other game development companies start doing this crap.

This is Bait and Switch. We have been sold an Early Release game, that is now being treated as a fully released title. So, remove the "Early Access" title from the Steam page or withhold the DLC until the game actually releases.

2 hours ago, LurchUSA said:

you

Yea... you forgot the new building components, new armor, new weapons, new saddles, new crafting items, etc. It's far more than just a map. However asking for another $20 for a DLC that's being slapped on an already buggy, unfinished game just reeks for conflict of interests.

I'm pretty much done with Wildcard over this... you can thank them when other game development companies start doing this crap.

This is Bait and Switch. We have been sold an Early Release game, that is now being treated as a fully released title. So, remove the "Early Access" title from the Steam page or withhold the DLC until the game actually releases.

LMAO good riddance. go play black ops kid lol

3 hours ago, LurchUSA said:

you

Well as far as I know all those items are available on other arks as well. And if that's the case then it is just the map. If not then my info is wrong which is possible. 

So am I the only person that plays this game that has had minimal issues regarding bugs and stuff. Every person that has argued their point in this acts like they haven't been able to play half the time due to bugs, or lost thousands of Dino's. If so then wow I'm lucky but I've only lost 1 Dino and had 2 server wipes when the center released. That's it. So it seems to me that the dramatization of the matter is just to give your point more weight as apprised to talking about facts.

And so to you just removing the early access title on steam would make all this better? I just don't see this a malicious as so many seem to. I don't mind a game that has been one of my favorites ever asking for a little more money and in return adding the number one thing I've wanted in it, dragons. Plus the tons of other stuff you happily pointed out that are really cool. I'll support wildcard not only with feedback and my opinions but with funding.

and to end a little rant, games have be $60 for years. Yet the difference between ps2 and now is astronomical. A game running me half of a full one to then need $20 more is no issue at all, in my opinion games should be more, not because I want them to but because that's business.

Archived