So just found out about scorched earth! So excited any one able to share details

Zergling963

So I just found out about scorched earth and am redownloading ark as I write this. As I think I am more excited for this expansion than I am with the center/base game.

Some things I am curious about though is are there rexs/gigas in this map?? Guessing spinosaurus is a no since not much water?
What are the dinos you find in this map??
What are the types of buildings you can build??
what are the dragons like? (So excited for these guys hopefully if I ever transfer over to the regular island again the loosing character bug isn't an issue)
Guessing no water dinos necessary in this map since no water? Quite thrilled about the fact I don't feel I have to build near the water to look after water dinos if this is the case! And that if this is the case I can select building whereever I want with no restrictions. Will be a nice change to not have to rely on water to get certain materials!
What is the new weather systems like?? Must be interesting to have your power go out with electical storms on occassion??
How are the dust storms??
Any general hints/tips about new status conditions??
Are there pearls required in this game?? Or not? If so if there is no water/water dinos where do you find these types of things??

Thanks can't wait to play this DLC Appreciate the help/Suggestions

Okay this thread was not meant to turn into this so please stop now! I was asking honest questions and have gotten no answers to those questions only people bitching about not buying it/them not finishing the base game yet so just stop it now. I am not in the mood for this and am so over the bitching that happens all the time with this game. So please just don't do it on this thread I really don't need it and will ask the mods to close it without answers to my questions if this continues. Okay thanks

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, Zergling963 said:

So I just found out about scorched earth and am redownloading ark as I write this. As I think I am more excited for this expansion than I am with the center/base game.

Some things I am curious about though is are there rexs/gigas in this map?? Guessing spinosaurus is a no since not much water?
what are the dragons like? (So excited for these guys hopefully if I ever transfer over to the regular island again the loosing character bug isn't an issue)
Guessing no water dinos necessary in this map since no water? Quite thrilled about the fact I don't feel I have to build near the water to look after water dinos if this is the case! And that if this is the case I can select building whereever I want with no restrictions. Will be a nice change to not have to rely on water to get certain materials!
What is the new weather systems like?? Must be interesting to have your power go out with electical storms on occassion??
Are there pearls required in this game?? Or not? If so if there is no water/water dinos where do you find these types of things??

Thanks can't wait to play this DLC Appreciate the help/Suggestions

1) There are quite a few critters on the Scorched Earth.  Some  of the critters from Survival Evolved that also appear on the Scorched Earth are Ankylosaurs, Argentavis, Doedicurus, Direwolf, Carnotaurs, Sabertooth, and more.

2) You can build basically all structures you can  build in Survival Evolved, as well as new structures like buildings made of adobe, water/oil wells, and windmills.

3)There's 3 types of Wyverns : Fire, Lightning, and  Poison. Fire is for straight up damage, Lightning is for range. and Poison  inflicts torpor on  top of regular damage.

4) There are some, like coelacanths.

5) Lightning and Sandstorms provide new challenges to survivors. Like you said, Lightning storms knock out electronics, and Sandstorms make for having to carefully managing your stamina.

6) Try your best to stay cool and hydrated. Merely being  under a shade won't cool you off,  but being in a tent will.

11 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

1) There are quite a few critters on the Scorched Earth.  Some  of the critters from Survival Evolved that also appear on the Scorched Earth are Ankylosaurs, Argentavis, Doedicurus, Direwolf, Carnotaurs, Sabertooth, and more.

2) You can build basically all structures you can  build in Survival Evolved, as well as new structures like buildings made of adobe, water/oil wells, and windmills.

3)There's 3 types of Wyverns : Fire, Lightning, and  Poison. Fire is for straight up damage, Lightning is for range. and Poison  inflicts torpor on  top of regular damage.

5) Lightning and Sandstorms provide new challenges to survivors. Like you said, Lightning storms knock out electronics, and Sandstorms make for having to carefully managing your stamina.

6) Try your best to stay cool and hydrated. Merely being  under a shade won't cool you off,  but being in a tent will.

Thanks so much for the answers/response I really appreciate it. And that is so awesome I plan on getting multiples of all the wyvrens. Wondering if its possible to knock out a dino with the poision wyvren?? But that sounds really awesome and nice with the fish Need meat after all.

• Volunteer Moderator
55 minutes ago, Zergling963 said:

Jerboa - absolutely adorable
Morellatops
Lymantria (Moth)
Vulture
Thorny Dragon
Mantis
Manticore
Jug Bug (Oil / Water)
Wyverns (Fire / Lighting / Poison)
Rock Golem
Deathworm

I believe those are all the new creatures in the Expansion Pack.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Zergling963 said:

Thanks so much for the answers/response I really appreciate it. And that is so awesome I plan on getting multiples of all the wyvrens. Wondering if its possible to knock out a dino with the poision wyvren?? But that sounds really awesome and nice with the fish Need meat after all.

It's more likely to end up killing a critter than knocking em out, unless they have ample health.

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

It's more likely to end up killing a critter than knocking em out, unless they have ample health.

Thanks and makes sense! Curiousity killed the cat! At least now I know not to do it lol.

Just now, GamerPerfection said:

Jerboa - absolutely adorable
Morellatops
Lymantria (Moth)
Vulture
Thorny Dragon
Mantis
Manticore
Jug Bug (Oil / Water)
Wyverns (Fire / Lighting / Poison)
Rock Golem
Deathworm

I believe those are all the new creatures in the Expansion Pack.

Thanks a ton

8 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Been playing a little single player with this DLC. Ah, didn't know about the tent, I will try and make that, sounds like an essential item when traveling.

Was having a lot of problems with heat before the 246.1 patch, now I just have a problem where it is very easy to get stuck on a structure floating in the air, and can only recover by logging out and back in.

-- As far as I have been able to tell, there are none of these things on the map. I've only explored about a quarter of it, though, so I can't guarantee this.

-- All of the new Scorched Earth dinos are present, alongside huge numbers of Ankylos, Doeds, Paracers, Scorpions, and Arthropleura. There are also Gallis, Wolves, Sabers, Snakes, Dung Beetles, Argies, and Parasaurs. I doubt that's a comprehensive list

-- All of the base ARK stuff, and adobe buildings, which look phenomenal. You can also make some pumps and a tent.

-- They're awesome. I haven't tried legitimately taming one, but I command spawned and dotame'd one in my test world, and it's pretty neat. It feels a little different from other flyers (a little less responsive and much quicker feeling), and it has a poor in-air turn radius. It can sprint on the ground, too, though. Also, its fire breath (there are also Lightning and Poison variants) wrecks shop; I killed a Giga by hovering in the air above it and roasting it like the little fat lizard that it is. Definitely one of my new favorite tames

-- So, water tames are definitely absent, but there is still water on the map in the form of little ponds (frequently infested with snakes, as I have found). Your best bet is to build in a dried floodplain and tame a lower level Morellatops first thing so you can gather water and have on hand.

-- It's annoying, but it doesn't happen that often. If you tame a Jerboa, it will start growling and having a kind of fit before an electric storm comes. Also, it gets VERY dark during the storms, especially at night, so it's usually better to just wait them out.

-- Not terrible. I'm not 100% sure, but they seem to only take place in the sandy dunes part of the map, and there aren't really hazards there other than wild dinos.

-- Moths will spray you with some kind of dust that slows you a lot and drains your stamina. I don't know any other new status conditions, but your water consumption seems to be much higher on the Scorched Earth map. Overheating is a big problem during the day, and freezing is an issue at night (I strongly recommend buffing your Fortitude to at least 20 before anything else; mine is at 40 and I still am ice cubed at night and often hot during the day). Also, Thorny Dragons will tranq you, so be aware of that.

-- Dried up oysters are in the floodplains; they look like a dull, bronze version of the normal oysters.

Also, I 10/10 would recommend staying away from the Vultures. They are surprisingly strong.

Thank you for my warning and deleting my post. I did not thread hijack any more then avrilytes second post. I answered his questions and elaborated. I am sorry you didn't like the answer. I will leave my personal advice here again for him and screenshot it only to hope I do not get banned, if so I will raise a ticket. It appears a conversation can not progress without becoming derailing. Please do not silence me again. I am a valued contributor according to early access page when I pledged. I will amend my post to make sure it does not reflect negatively on the new content but still just offers open facts.

I just want to remind you the discussion forums are here to discuss, he asked for opinions, do not delete mine because after 2000 hours of play I have something bad to say. As EA page states
as well as massive & intense Forum interaction by the development team to gather ideas, feedback, and issues, to involve everyone under the sun who wants to give us their 2 cents on how to make this game everything it can be! Essentially we view ARK's Early Access player community as our primary benefactors -- we're making this game to serve you.

17 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

2)32 of the 50 'new' Engrams are from Primitive Plus (which is still very broken but official) and free. If you want to try Abode, water/oil wells, tankers, windmills then download Primitive plus. We see allot of Prim+ used in Scorched Earth and even working flaming arrows!!!!
Complexminded's mod obsolete: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=504360469&searchtext=
Official release:http://store.steampowered.com/app/508150

3)All very impressive but I would recommend trying any of the many workshop mods for free such as Annunaki Genesis if you are excited about non dino based combat and Fire, Lightning and Poison. This appears to be where the ideas are taken from, and Annunaki Offers allot more content for free.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=538986229&searchtext=Annunaki+Genesis

• Volunteer Moderator
53 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Can we have at least one thread where there is no complaining?

this is what we are attempting to do. Everyone please stay on topic.

1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:

-- Dried up oysters are in the floodplains; they look like a dull, bronze version of the normal oysters.

i wondered where the pearls came from, lmao. i got in a few hours last night and really enjoyed it. had forgotten how brutal the early game can be (no tribute server, fresh toon) but also how enjoyable and frantic it is. glad you could provide some answer for OP, thanks for posting:)

1 minute ago, ThzNutz said:

i wondered where the pearls came from, lmao. i got in a few hours last night and really enjoyed it. had forgotten how brutal the early game can be (no tribute server, fresh toon) but also how enjoyable and frantic it is. glad you could provide some answer for OP, thanks for posting:)

There will ALWAYS be complainers in these forums. Either something is too hard or not exactly the way they wanted it or a host of other reasons they will find a way to whine about it like a 5 year old who didn't get their way

6 hours ago, Malabolga said:

Thank you for my warning and deleting my post. I did not thread hijack any more then Svrilytes second post. I answered his questions and elaborated. I am sorry you didn't like the answer. I will leave my personal advice here again for him and screenshot it only to hope I do not get banned, if so I will raise a ticket. It appears a conversation can not progress without becoming derailing. Please do not silence me again. I am a valued contributor according to early access page when I pledged. I will amend my post to make sure it does not reflect negatively on the new content but still just offers open facts.

I just want to remind you the discussion forums are here to discuss, he asked for opinions, do not delete mine because after 2000 hours of play I have something bad to say. As EA page states
as well as massive & intense Forum interaction by the development team to gather ideas, feedback, and issues, to involve everyone under the sun who wants to give us their 2 cents on how to make this game everything it can be! Essentially we view ARK's Early Access player community as our primary benefactors -- we're making this game to serve you.

2)32 of the 50 'new' Engrams are from Primitive Plus (which is still very broken but official) and free. If you want to try Abode, water/oil wells, tankers, windmills then download Primitive plus. We see allot of Prim+ used in Scorched Earth and even working flaming arrows!!!!
Complexminded's mod obsolete: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=504360469&searchtext=
Official release:http://store.steampowered.com/app/508150

3)All very impressive but I would recommend trying any of the many workshop mods for free such as Annunaki Genesis if you are excited about non dino based combat and Fire, Lightning and Poison. This appears to be where the ideas are taken from, and Annunaki Offers allot more content for free.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=538986229&searchtext=Annunaki+Genesis

Ahh nip mods don't like my PC and just break my game so no thanks and have primitive plus but want this DLC and as I asked above this thread is not for those complaining as I genuinely am excited so if you are going to whine or bitch in this thread just don't bother posting at all as from now on you will go ignored! As some others have said can't we have one thread without complaints?

5 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

Thanks for trying to keep this on track @TheNutz it's much appreciated and thanks to everyone else for the help! Appreciate it so much! Still waiting for the game to finish downloading hopefully it will eventually be done and I get a brief play before going away tommorrow! So excited cited though can't wait

Archived