Scorched Earth Technical/Detail FAQ! (Ongoing)

Jeremy Stieglitz

Loving the dlc at the moment, having fun trying to survive in the ridiculously harsh environment lol, I do have 1 REALLY MAJOR issue though... Since the update I am constantly being kick by battleye "client not responding"! Each time, I verify my game integrity, it reacquires 3 files and it's all good for another 30-50min and kicks me again! Have nearly lost everything a few times now and I am scared to actually venture away from home now! My internet is as clean as it gets, 17ms ping to 8.8.8.8 (google) <1ms ping to router.. 99.2Mbit down 40.3Mbit up.. have tried uninstalling and reinstalling battleye and ark entirely with just plain disappointment each time. I have been a daily player of ark since update 182.0 and never had any issues at all like this in the past.

Battleye.png

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, LynxX said:

Hm is the Join /w Char Tab grey when you travel back from the center to the scorched earth ?

I have this problem at the moment .. with my PVE Servers all works fine .. but with the pvp server .. you can join from the scorched earth to the island but you cant travel back O_O

Hm i think its the offline protection..  but i dont know.

What did you do to get it to work? I'm dying over here.

The BattlEye thing about the client not responding was fairly common on the extinction servers on the last few days before it wiped.  Think it was related to a timer gone astray... Be odd for it to pop up so soon after these new servers were brought online though.

At it's root is a disconnect between the client and the server. Either an inappropriate response time or dropped packets. The usual sign that it was about to happen was ping > 1000.  (Tab console > stat fps so you can keep an eye on that. Since you know it happens after 30 minutes or so, start watching it then and see if that's what is happening.)

I took advice about going with Citadel Servers for Ark as my host as they support clustered ark servers, wanted 3 servers (The Island, The Center and SE), wrote a ticket explaining i wanted them clustered and it's all setup in 10 minutes, really professional and friendly support, would highly recommend to anyone wanting clustered servers or an Ark servers, these guys know what they are doing!

Hey Guys, did some testing today with this whole Ark Cross server thing. I'm running a Linux box with each Server on a Separate Folder with his own Config. To get the Clustering to work you need to make sure each server is using the same cluster folder (located inside each servers Save folder) you can do this with Sim Links ("ln -s" on linux)to a shared cluster folder. 

To get the Uploads to work you need to enable Tribut Downloads (I did this by removing the "enableTributDownlods" Option from the ini and just replaced it wit the six variables in the start post) on the Server, but don't worry it seems Clustered Server only Take Data from the same Cluster and not from other Servers (so no Cheated Chars on your Servers).

Also as a side note if one of your Clustered Server is Password Protected and you try the Join /w Survivor option it will look like nothing is happening after entering the Password, just close the prompt after a few seconds and press the Join Button (the Join /w Survivor button will be grayed out) you will the connect to the Server and can spawn your Survivor.

With this Setup i can move between my arks and keep my stuff on each. Still need to do some testing with Tribes to see if that is working. Also need to do some more Testing to see if there is really no way to Upload stuff from Outside the Cluster, since nobody Likes Cheated Dinos on his Server. Will get back with my findings .

14 minutes ago, Dracas said:

Hey Guys, did some testing today with this whole Ark Cross server thing. I'm running a Linux box with each Server on a Separate Folder with his own Config. To get the Clustering to work you need to make sure each server is using the same cluster folder (located inside each servers Save folder) you can do this with Sim Links ("ln -s" on linux)to a shared cluster folder. 

To get the Uploads to work you need to enable Tribut Downloads (I did this by removing the "enableTributDownlods" Option from the ini and just replaced it wit the six variables in the start post) on the Server, but don't worry it seems Clustered Server only Take Data from the same Cluster and not from other Servers (so no Cheated Chars on your Servers).

Also as a side note if one of your Clustered Server is Password Protected and you try the Join /w Survivor option it will look like nothing is happening after entering the Password, just close the prompt after a few seconds and press the Join Button (the Join /w Survivor button will be grayed out) you will the connect to the Server and can spawn your Survivor.

With this Setup i can move between my arks and keep my stuff on each. Still need to do some testing with Tribes to see if that is working. Also need to do some more Testing to see if there is really no way to Upload stuff from Outside the Cluster, since nobody Likes Cheated Dinos on his Server. Will get back with my findings .

Is it true, really? Thanks man. I want to ask one more thing. I'm not sure about linking folders. Let's say I have server 1 and server 2 in different server with different configurations. Server 1's Saved folder has Save1, Save2, cluster folder. Then the server 2's Saved folder with nothing should link to the server1's Saved folder?? Would you tell me how to do it?? One more thing, if it is different accounts how to make permission right?? I'm sorry this is too much question. Please tell me as much as  you can, I will try to get information in another forum as well. Thanks mate.

Okay did some more Testing with Tribes. First of they are Server Based and will not Transfer with your Survivor, but if you join your old Server (where you made the Tribe you will still be in it (although there seems to be a few cases where you don't have full access to your tribe after a Transfer, a relog seems to fix that. Also the Offline Raid Protection countdown will keep going down right after a Transfer which could be used as an Exploit, again a relog will fix that).

So you can have a Tribe on each Server which you will Transfer into. Did not have any Issues besides the ones above. 

Also did some more testing on Uploading stuff which comes from outside the Cluster, it seems not Possible which is good.

@koreamedia It is really easy. Each Server has his "Saved" Folder which contains the SavedArks and Configs. A Server that is Started with a ClusterID will also create a Folder named "clusters" inside the Saved Folder. You now need to link that folder to a Global Folder that is used by all Server and your a good to go. On Linux that can be done like so:

go into each Servers saved folder and delete the clusters folder. Type "ln- s path/to/global/clusters/ clusters" which will create a link named clusters which points to 'path/to/global/clusters' which should be the path to the clusters folder used by all your servers.

As for the -AltSaveDirectory, i don't use that at all since each server runs from his on folder anyway. As for different accounts just be sure each user can write and read inside the Global clusters folder and you should be good to go.

Oh and thanks for the help Figuring all that out Wildcard.. not. Would love if you could at least sometimes Post a bit more info for the People that host Private Servers.

2 minutes ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

ok thank u

so do you still need this in the command line?

AltSaveDirectoryName=Islandsave? -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=clutername

With this Setup you don't need the AltSaveDirectoryName, but you need to keep NoTrnasferFromFiltering (whatever that does) and of course the clusterid.

7 hours ago, Talabar said:

What did you do to get it to work? I'm dying over here.

Okay i try to explain.

Step1.

I have the Ark Server Manager and install both Servers on different directorys. ( C:\ark and C:\arkscorched ) (( With different Ports ))
So you can configure both servers on different gameusersettings.ini

Step2.

Type in additional Args : -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=mycluster123

Step3.

Go to CMD in Windows and type

mklink /D C:\ark\ShooterGame\Saved\clusters C:\arkscorched\ShooterGame\Saved\clusters

Step4.

Dont waste your time to open any ports or something .. Make a Firewall rule for the programms.

ark\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe <--
arkscorched\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe <--

(( Important : Remove the setting from ark server manager to make automatic firewall rules .. this option delete your own rules ))

Step5.

Make all Prevent Upload / Download ( Chars / Items / Dino ) to FALSE

Step6.

Start both Servers .. works for me :-)

Archived