Scorched Earth Technical/Detail FAQ! (Ongoing)

Jeremy Stieglitz

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jeremy Stieglitz.   What about allosaurus? On second.. if ur putting the taper bars on it why not the allosaurus how we we suppose to properly tame them. Same issue with ankys and stuff no..... Dilos no kibble.... But u have put the parasaurs on a map with almost no water and yet they are one of the few that only makes really sense to exist where there is ample water... Either animals need added or alternative kibble needs to exist for scorched earth only

2 hours ago, ShroudedDravyn said:

@Jeremy Stieglitz.   What about allosaurus? On second.. if ur putting the taper bars on it why not the allosaurus how we we suppose to properly tame them. Same issue with ankys and stuff no..... Dilos no kibble.... But u have put the parasaurs on a map with almost no water and yet they are one of the few that only makes really sense to exist where there is ample water... Either animals need added or alternative kibble needs to exist for scorched earth only

there is actually quite a bit of water (not really deep), running right thru the middle of the map.

Ok! Old git trying to figure this out!

I hopefully have a simple question around all this, and hopefully a simple answer can be provided...

When I use 

NoTributeDownload to prevent people from downloading items/dinos/chars from other servers or their singleplayer... will I still be able to set up an transfer gate between Scorched Earth and my The Center map?

using 

?PreventDownloadSurvivors=False
?PreventDownloadItems=False
?PreventDownloadDinos=False
?PreventUploadSurvivors=False?PreventUploadItems=False
?PreventUploadDinos=False

together with noTributeDownload, will this allow me to make a crosstransfer between my 2 maps, but still prevent people from downloading from the outside?

We want to do cross transfer between The Center and Scorched Earth, but will not allow anyone to download items/dinos/chars from any other server or singleplayer!

4 minutes ago, SgtMorrigahn said:

I hopefully have a simple question around all this, and hopefully a simple answer can be provided...

When I use 

NoTributeDownload to prevent people from downloading items/dinos/chars from other servers or their singleplayer... will I still be able to set up an transfer gate between Scorched Earth and my The Center map?

using 

together with noTributeDownload, will this allow me to make a crosstransfer between my 2 maps, but still prevent people from downloading from the outside?

We want to do cross transfer between The Center and Scorched Earth, but will not allow anyone to download items/dinos/chars from any other server or singleplayer!

From my understanding this is not possible, you have to enable tribute downloads to transfer between servers, and this of course allows anyone to download anything. It seems to be all or nothing right now, unless someone has figured out a way to block it. It appears it could be done since I think they are preventing this on official servers.

What is funny my server host which is same as WC's stated its not available yet for Cross Gate Transfer, yet....they have done it, they just don't want to put in the work I'm guessing for a paying customer.  A large host like that does not even offer dedicated server hosting either, only reason I stay with them is the fact they improved upon the US datacenters latency routing issues and their control panel is nice and easy.

Hi guys, i did alot of research into Clustering ark servers, i wanted to do 4 maps, TheIsland, TheCenter, Valhalla and Scorched Earth together but couldn't do that with survival servers, looked around this thread and found Citadel Servers were offering this

Bought the 4 servers with them and got them all up and running, works great, really appreciate the support they offered as i wanted to configure it with different rates, would really recommend them if you want to host clustered ark servers or any ark servers at all

48 minutes ago, jhakala1963 said:

Hey expired, are all the command lines pretty much what is in the beginning of this thread or is there something different?  Would like to know for a personal server. Thank you.

Their commandlines are similar but there is more functionality, you can enable\disable features like what the cluster downloads in-terms of data, works without issue, if you want a host without the hassle of self-hosting these guys are the best

3 hours ago, expired said:

Hi guys, i did alot of research into Clustering ark servers, i wanted to do 4 maps, TheIsland, TheCenter, Valhalla and Scorched Earth together but couldn't do that with survival servers, looked around this thread and found Citadel Servers were offering this

Bought the 4 servers with them and got them all up and running, works great, really appreciate the support they offered as i wanted to configure it with different rates, would really recommend them if you want to host clustered ark servers or any ark servers at all
 is their cost for clustered servers just doubled or tripled or whatever the price for one server? seems like that's how others do it. ty in advance for any response.

Hey, devs.

Sorry if this was already asked/reported - it is hard to read through all the pages of this thread and search provides with the results of the opposite questions - how to disable outside downloads...

We run a cluster with Scorched Earth as primary server and The Center as secondary. We have donloads enabled and can esily transfer dinos/items between the servers.

But there are 2 issues we are struggling with:

1. it seems that password-protected servers do not allow an instant character transition between the servers - upon entering the pass and clicking 'accept' nothing happens. However, the char transfer does happen - you just have to log off and log on on the destination server via usual means and your char will be there.

Looks like this 'enter the password' window is breaking the things down. Why do we actually have to re-enter the password when we are traveling from the server where we had already typed the pass? 

2. we can download only dinos/chars/items that we uploaded on one of these two clustered servers. We can`t download anything from singleplayer or other servers. And anything we upload on these two servers are unaccessible anywhere else.

It is nice that cluster has it`s own cloud, but cutting it off from the global dino/char/items sharing doesn`t look right.

-------------

Both these issues are breaking all the fun of having this feature on our server basically making it much better to have two different servers. If there is a fix to the second issue - please do post an expanded answer here!

Best regards,
Okim.

Hello everyone,

So today i traveled from EU-PVE-TheCenter626 to EU-PVE-ScorchedEarth715 using the "travel to another ark" button at one of the obelisks. i wanted to tame a jerboa to take back to the center. Everything went well. But when i tried to travel back to the center, my original server didn't appear in the servers list at the obelisk...

I saw other EU-PVE-TheCenter servers but mine wasn't showing.

Does anybody know what the issue here might be ? Is there a cooldown of some sort before i can travel back ? Hope someone can help me out.

Greetings.

Thought I would share my experience with running a dedicated server.

I have a quad core 2.4ghz 8 gb ram sitting on an asus motherboard. I have the island and scorched earth running on the same box with Ubuntu 16.04 server 64 bit.  I did the setup outlined here for the island...http://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup. I use ufw to open ports real easy, the other firewall stuff I didn't need. I port forwarded everything on the router side. I used systemd as outlined to automatically start the game server at boot. I have the bios set to turn on when the power goes on in case or power failure.

For the record, I had 6gb of ram running up till a few days ago when I maxed it out at 8gb to get scorched running too. I have 3 people in my house and one outside playing ark. All plays pretty well at the same time.

To add scorched, I had to add queryport and port in command line along with notributedownload, clustered, altsavedirectory and serverpasswords to both island and scorched start commands.  I created a file /etc/systemd/system/ark-dedicated2.service for the start up of scorched. 

Before starting everything up, make sure the account that is starting the servers own the save directories. I use steam for mine. Linux tends to always hang me up on that point. When I changed the save directories, I copied my original save files from savedarks to saved1 directory but forgot that changed ownership to root. I couldn't see anything of my old files til I figured that out. All is well.

My server doesn't have a monitor on it, I use putty to log in from my windows 10 computer.

OK folks do not update your server to 247.6 if you are running clustered serves through ASM. The new update tries to double load all the files and overloads the buffer and crashes the game. Then when you log into the server you wanted to go to it strips your char. and place all the items in the inventory with an additional life marker (I cant remember the actual name) in your inventory that you can not get rid of.... All I wanted was a fix to the lost crafting engrams under the crafting tab. Then I get this. I think they did it on purpose to mess with us that used linking instead of the official way of using the same folder. If anyone knows how to fix this it would be great. Thanks in advance. 

On 9/21/2016 at 4:36 PM, Sgt_Sparrky said:

OK folks do not update your server to 247.6 if you are running clustered serves through ASM. The new update tries to double load all the files and overloads the buffer and crashes the game. Then when you log into the server you wanted to go to it strips your char. and place all the items in the inventory with an additional life marker (I cant remember the actual name) in your inventory that you can not get rid of.... All I wanted was a fix to the lost crafting engrams under the crafting tab. Then I get this. I think they did it on purpose to mess with us that used linking instead of the official way of using the same folder. If anyone knows how to fix this it would be great. Thanks in advance. 

Heyo. I run Ark server from my office. The solution to the health bar and the learned engrams not showing is to log out and log back in. I put tents in vaults at the obelisks to clear that problem up at least a little bit. Grab tent before going to other map. Put tent down. Go in tent. Log out. Log back in. Hopefully tent kept you safe long enough to do that.

I use this addition to the command line and it seems to prevent transferring from outside of the "cluster" -NoTransferFromFiltering even with tributedownloads enabled. I also found that if I disable tributedownloads the server crashes when me or anyone else tries to transfer maps.

I run all three maps in 3 different server folders, using symlinks to connect the "Mods" folder and the "clusters" folder. This allows me to have 3 seperate configs for all three official maps and still have them clustered. I know symlinks can have issues with windows server due to the way the file system works (this is a heads up to all the windows server peoples that are trying to get symlinks to behave).

This is all set up on Debian "Stable" using a Hardware Real Time (fully preempt low latency) kernel. The hardware is a dual-quad xeon 2.0ghz with 24gb ram.

I  am getting ready to load the automodmanager back up since the symlinks to the Mods folder is working. In this case I was curious if there is a way to load the mods WITHOUT the automodmanager, but using steamcmd instead so I can automate the mods loading and installing on the server before loading the maps at all (since I know the automodmanager uses steamcmd to do this). Otherwise I have to build in a delay for the map that has the active Mods folder (in this case SE because it has to be loaded first or CrossARK acts funny).

1 hour ago, Latiodile said:

I don't think this was asked, nor answered., and google is useless.

How do i add the content to a singleplayer game without owning the dlc? i want to use it on the center and the main map

I have seen a few private servers running with SE creatures on the Island and Center maps, so I assume someone has released a mod or remapped certain creatures to spawn as the SE ones in the .ini files.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 3:50 PM, stoni2041 said:

Heyo. I run Ark server from my office. The solution to the health bar and the learned engrams not showing is to log out and log back in. I put tents in vaults at the obelisks to clear that problem up at least a little bit. Grab tent before going to other map. Put tent down. Go in tent. Log out. Log back in. Hopefully tent kept you safe long enough to do that.

I use this addition to the command line and it seems to prevent transferring from outside of the "cluster" -NoTransferFromFiltering even with tributedownloads enabled. I also found that if I disable tributedownloads the server crashes when me or anyone else tries to transfer maps.

I run all three maps in 3 different server folders, using symlinks to connect the "Mods" folder and the "clusters" folder. This allows me to have 3 seperate configs for all three official maps and still have them clustered. I know symlinks can have issues with windows server due to the way the file system works (this is a heads up to all the windows server peoples that are trying to get symlinks to behave).

This is all set up on Debian "Stable" using a Hardware Real Time (fully preempt low latency) kernel. The hardware is a dual-quad xeon 2.0ghz with 24gb ram.

I  am getting ready to load the automodmanager back up since the symlinks to the Mods folder is working. In this case I was curious if there is a way to load the mods WITHOUT the automodmanager, but using steamcmd instead so I can automate the mods loading and installing on the server before loading the maps at all (since I know the automodmanager uses steamcmd to do this). Otherwise I have to build in a delay for the map that has the active Mods folder (in this case SE because it has to be loaded first or CrossARK acts funny).

I hope there is someone who reads this can tell us on how to fix it. I am running a clustered server. When the clustering came out for the game we got it up and running and it worked fairly well. You could go to a Obelisk or drop beacon open it click on go to another server, choose with character and the mods would load and then the map of the other server. Then the opening screen where you choose to spawn would open. You could pick a previously placed bed or a random zone spawn. The screen would flash white then your character would appear where you said to spawn. The only problems we ever encountered was the loss of crafting engrams. But if you were not going to be crafting anything it was ok and if you did all you had to do was re-log in and everything was back. It was a bit inconvenient but it worked OK. Then they came out with an update stating that they had a fix for lost items, we didn't have this problem, but I thought it might fix the crafting engrams problem. The update was 247.6. After the update everything went to ........., now if you go to a Obelisk or a drop beacon and select a server to go to it loads the server same as what I said above but when you choose your spawn point the screen goes white and then begins to load the destination server all over again. Then instead of the character appearing, the screen freezes. Then it shows an error message in a box with the title 'Network Failure Message" ..... "Outgoing Reliable Buffer Overflow". When you click accept it drops you to the main log in screen. When you log back into the game and choose the server you were going to your character starts like you were dead but all of your stuff is in your inventory instead of on your character. Now I must repeat it was working fairly well then after the patch it does not. We made no changes to our mods or set up in any way. If someone with the knowledge of how to fix this could help it would be greatly appreciated. To that person Thanks in advance.  

Why every time i exit to main menu from single player all of my SE recipes stop showing up on crafting stations and all SE structures example oil pump stop working, cant access, only option is to demolish. Only way found to fix this seems to be re placed them but since this applies to oil pumps and fabricators and smithys that cant be picked up and need to be re crafted. Pls fix

Hello! Just wondering if anybody else is having this issue: I have an SE and Center cluster set up the official way as described. Everything seems to function except I am randomly losing items when transferring. This issue has been driving me crazy and I can't seem to find any reference to the problem. Does anybody have any ideas why this would occur? 

Thanks!

On 9/14/2016 at 5:27 AM, SgtMorrigahn said:

When I use 

using 

You have to turn it on, BUT if you start the servers with the Cluster identifier ONLY the servers in your cluster can download between your maps, it is not wide open. You have to launch using -NoTransferFromFiltering and -clusterid=yourclusterid. Make sure the clusterid is unique, something you are sure won't be shared or someone else might happen to make up too. Just having the clusterid is not enough, you need the notransferfilter to make sure outside servers cannot access your cluster for downloads.

Archived