Scorched Earth Technical/Detail FAQ! (Ongoing)

Jeremy Stieglitz

1 hour ago, Alador said:

@Jeremy Stieglitz

I am currently having an issue with my servers, where they share the same config file, when I set the 'PreventUpload' command values to 'true' for dinos and items, players are unable to transfer items and/or dinos from DLC to main game also.

I noticed that on Officials and some other unofficial servers players can transfer items and dinos from the DLC but not back to it. This is the way I want to run my server. But so far any change I make affects both as they share a 'GameUserSettings' file.

Any help on determining which server listens to a specific command? Someway of outlining commands for each server individually?

Since your servers are using the same config file maybe try putting the restrictions on the command line so you can tailor them for each server. I don't use the restrictions so I don't know if this would work.

For example:

ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?SessionName=MySession1?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save1 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=mycluster123?PreventDownloadItems=True?PreventDownloadDinos=True

should block downloading items and dinos into Scorched Earth, but does not block uploads from and does not affect The Island at all.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

@kromwell I have ?brawsocket in the command line too, so you suggest to remove it and forward 50 ports?

No, I did not realize you had bRawSockets, those 50 ports would not be needed.

4 minutes ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

well there is Something with the router but don't know what, cause when everything is down (firewalls ect) when I go to this site http://www.canyouseeme.org/, it don't see my computer on ports 7777, 27015 ect but it does on port 80, 8080 for example

That almost sounds like your ISP is blocking those ports, are you at a college or university?

2 minutes ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

no at home , with a box/router from my internet provider

Well it may be your ISP blocking those ports, but it is usually Universitys because those are well know games ports and with so many students playing games it would bring the school network to its knees.

51 minutes ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

well there is Something with the router but don't know what, cause when everything is down (firewalls ect) when I go to this site http://www.canyouseeme.org/, it don't see my computer on ports 7777, 27015 ect but it does on port 80, 8080 for example

So I can see a few situations here other than ISP blocking. Your router is still dropping 27015, but that doesn't really make sense as you have disabled the firewall and set your computer as a DMZ. The second is the router is passing those ports through but your computer is either dropping them or simply not responding to them. Since you turned off the windows firewall that would limit it to the server not responding, but you can see the server and log in through your computer correct? If you can see your server in the steam server list on your computer that means it is responding so why not from outside? That would circle you back to ISP blocking.

Since you can see 8080 from the outside trying running the QueryPort on that, as long as you aren't running a local web server, or anything else, on that port it should work.

On 9/2/2016 at 3:38 AM, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Hey all,

With Scorched Earth released, there are a lot of technical questions about the various features of the new content on PC and Xbox. So without further ado, I'll be using this space as an info/note scratchpad for info about how Scorched Earth works, for power-users and generally curious Survivors. This thread will be updated constantly throughout the coming days, until it contains all the pertinent information. We'll leave game/content design questions for discussion elsewhere -- gotta keep this manageable  

• How Cross-ARK Data Transfer works:
  1. For Officials, you can 'upload' Survivors from TheIsland or TheCenter via the "ARK Tribute" option available at any Supply Crate or Tribute Terminal. You can then 'download' these Survivors onto an Official ScorchedEarth Server of that same game mode. Currently only Survivors are allowed to travel TO ScorchedEarth (they can not have any items on them), in order to keep it balanced for the time being. However, FROM ScorchedEarth you can transfer Survivors, Items, and Dinos, which you can then download (via the ARK Tribute) onto TheIsland or TheCenter. So indeed you can bring all ScorchedEarth Items, Dinos, and Survivors (and thus Scorched Earth Engrams) onto TheIsland or TheCenter to extend your capabilities there. When transferring a Survivor between ARKs using this method, Tribes should be retained. However Alliances will not be retained, and will need to be re-setup on the other side.
  2. For Unofficial Servers, if they wish to allow dynamic Cross-ARK Travel, they will need to run two Servers on the same box from the same directory, and then you can launch with the following commandlines:
    ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?SessionName=MySession1?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save1 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=mycluster123
    ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?SessionName=MySession2?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save2  -NoTransferFromFiltering  -clusterid=mycluster123

(the clusterid must be the same between the servers!)
    (to avoid saves from clashing each server should use distinct values for: ?AltSaveDirectoryName=<SaveFolderName>)

you also have options like:
    ?PreventDownloadSurvivors=False
    ?PreventDownloadItems=False
    ?PreventDownloadDinos=False
    ?PreventUploadSurvivors=False
    ?PreventUploadItems=False
    ?PreventUploadDinos=False

3. Meanwhile in singleplayer, you can just use the "ARK Tribute" option and then go back to the main menu and host on the other map, and download your data accordingly. We will streamline this process soon as well.

• How to Host ScorchedEarth dedicated server
  1. Just like a regular ARK dedicated server, except the map name is "ScorchedEarth_P". You do not need to own Scorched Earth to host the map via dedicated server, of course.

• NVIDIA Ansel and new Cinematic Depth of Field UI
  1. To use NVIDIA Ansel (requires NVIDIA hardware) to take super-cool 360 degree (optionally stereoscopic) screenshots and Super-Resolution screenshots, run the game with the "Launch ARK with NVIDIA Ansel" option on Steam (or run with -allowansel), then specifically in a singleplayer game (without a UI open) press Alt-F2. With the Ansel overlay open, you can alter the various capture settings, and snap away (you can also drag the mouse and use WSAD keys to move the camera)! Personally I recommend entering ARK spectator mode beforehand with the "enablespectator" console command, and there is a new "Depth of Field" menu you can access in Spectator mode by pressing the [Delete] key, which allows you to control and save cinematic depth of field fx (very useful for cinematics creators as well). Note if you're taking 360 degree panoramic screenshots, we recommend leveling the spectator camera with the [Home] key before you open the Ansel UI, otherwise your panoramic screenshot might appear screwed. Have fun and let your inner nature photographer run wild!

While this looks fancy and stuff..

Where is the relevant information for those of us running a dedicated Xbox One server @Jeremy Stieglitz ?

Something seems a bit off here with the way you guys are evading questions on the world transfers between the base game and the DLC map.

On 9/1/2016 at 9:47 PM, Pastafarian said:

@Jeremy Stieglitz @Jat @Jen  Im having same problem... happened to 3 of my characters... not too happy because there will most likely be no fix and the people it happened to are sol

This just happened to me as well, transferring from scorched earth back to an island map (official).  It brought up all my beds, I chose one, it then flashed and brought to character creation screen.

17 minutes ago, DelegatedSnake said:

This just happened to me as well, transferring from scorched earth back to an island map (official).  It brought up all my beds, I chose one, it then flashed and brought to character creation screen.

So you were in SE, you went to an obelisk or drop, uploaded your character right?  It brings up the beds thing because your character is now no longer on that server, so its the same as if you connected it to for the first time.  At this point your character is basically in server limbo between servers.  You need to connect to the server you want to move the character to now.  I believe (but not sure, as I have not done it myself) be an option to download the character you uploaded when you connect to the target server you wanted to move to.

1 minute ago, mndfreeze said:

So you were in SE, you went to an obelisk or drop, uploaded your character right?  It brings up the beds thing because your character is now no longer on that server, so its the same as if you connected it to for the first time.  At this point your character is basically in server limbo between servers.  You need to connect to the server you want to move the character to now.  I believe (but not sure, as I have not done it myself) be an option to download the character you uploaded when you connect to the target server you wanted to move to.

I've done the transfer multiple times since the expansion released.  This time it seemed different.   The typical ARK music that plays at the main menu started playing and it took substantially longer to get to the target server.  It then loaded the islandmap I was trying to go, everything looked fine, I chose a bed and clicked "Spawn at Bed".  The screen flashed white really quick and then immediately brought up the character creation screen.  I've tried logging in and out of both scorched earth and island servers.  My lvl 98 character is not on either server.  I've submitted a ticket, hopefully there is a fix, otherwise I'm SOL.

On 02.09.2016 at 4:38 AM, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

• What about Primitive Scorched Earth servers, Engrams list?
  1. Properly configured Primitive Scorched Earth servers will be going up now, and to host your own, here's the INI and the Engrams list: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/535150948605081777/

I've tried to manually add Primitive+ items on my SE singleplayer, like:

" cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/Mods/PrimitivePlusMod/Items/PrimalItemStructure_PreservervingCampfire.PrimalItemStructure_PreservervingCampfire'" 1 0 0 "

But it simply doesn't work.

Also have no idea what IDs of Primitive+ engrams

1 hour ago, YaboiAj said:

HarvestResourceItemAmountClassMultipliers=(ClassName="PrimalItemResource_Sand_C",Multiplier=3)
HarvestResourceItemAmountClassMultipliers=(ClassName="PrimalItemConsumable_CactusSap",Multiplier=3) trying to turn the gathering up and the sand worked but not the cactus any ideas what im doin wrong?

PrimalItemConsumable_CactusSap_C : you need to add the _C

Hello, i have a doubt with Transfers..... I had one character transfered to SE server 869 XboxOne.... a lot of my friends and i went there to check the new map, they got their characters back to the sever we were before, and just 1 day later, when i tried to get that character back to the island, the option of upload character was not showing.... havent find like any information to that, would anyone assist please? =)

Archived