Scorched Earth Technical/Detail FAQ! (Ongoing)

Jeremy Stieglitz

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DaveTheGreat41 said:

Do they even do clusters? Shouldn't you be asking them via support ticket instead of on here? They are  your host after all lol..

I did put in a support ticket they said with the info they have gotten from WC thus far...it has cause nothing but issues for server owners...they tried doing what WC said to do with the cluster ID and moving my servers to the same machine and what not...still NOTHING....so I just have a set time that I open up the ARK on both my scorched server and center server and let people bring their stuff through....all new but this is my work around then once they are back at base and safe i save and restart and close the ports again....this is my only way of controlling it!!! Headache, but as long as my players are happy so am I! Thank you for your reply though, it is tough to get an answer on this matter! 

XOXO

Hotty

On 9/5/2016 at 9:51 PM, bleep75 said:

I'm having the exact same issue as well, and it definitely appears to be tied to the LAN/WAN differences. I run my servers on my own network, and both show up in the connection list, under LAN, but when going to the cluster list, no session found...They need an option for the Cluster list to check for LAN servers.

I have the same issue.  I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution yet?  Perhaps the devs could patch this with a fix for us.

First backup all of your save game data before doing any of this, second password protect your Ark servers.

I finally got this to work on a linux computer running both servers out of the same folder. I set it up almost exactly as suggested in the first post with the exception of the save directory and the clusterid. For several days I have been unable to see the server in the transfer list. Both games are on the same server so both are in the same LAN so this may have been the issue. The only thing I did different this time was instead of going to my favorites folder and logging into the game I did a search on the unofficial server list for my server, once it was found (the Scorched Earth server) I logged into The Island server and I could see the Scorched Earth server. This does of course mean you need to allow access through your router if you are running a completely private server so make sure you password your server!

To test it I went from The Island, using a supply drop. I went through naked so not sure if you can move items to Scorched Earth from The Island, I will test that later. Like other people once I selected the server and entered the password my client stopped responding. I exited and logged into my Scorched Earth server and downloaded my character and spawned into the world. I quickly located a supply drop (after fighting with terror bird!) grabbed a couple of items and headed back to The Island. The same thing occurred and when I logged back into The Island server I was able to spawn back in a bed still part of the tribe with the items! 

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Edited for grammar and spelling.

On 06/09/2016 at 9:29 AM, ADRoger said:

Hi Guys

A small question here 

I'm trying to implement the cross travel seems working fine but just want a confirmation, if i'm using this 

PreventDownloadSurvivors=False?PreventUploadItems=False?PreventDownloadItems=False?PreventUploadSurvivors=False

Does i'm allowed everyone even if there coming from another server to upload there Char on my server?
I would like to be able to transfer survivor only from my cluster.

Roger

On 06/09/2016 at 6:11 PM, TxHotty said:

@Jeremy Stieglitz

I am running two private servers hosted by pingperfect...is there a way to prevent downloads from other unofficial servers? Like only allow downloads coming from my sister server? If so what is the code for that please help???

10 hours ago, aftershock113 said:

Sadly No there isn't. It has caused a lot of problems for our servers. 
I have been trying to get an answer as to if Multibox clustering will even be a possibility in the future or not but no one at WC has replied to emails, Tweets, Forum, or reddit posts and messages about this issue.
People using hosted servers are out in the cold on this. My host says it is not possible for them to work around it without multibox clustering. They also said they have a lot of people leaving to start their own servers at home. 

@Jeremy Stieglitz @Jat @Jen 

WOOOW Thanks to confirm my thoughts. So i refuse to use cross travel on my server if anybody can i have a PowerLevel char from their home or any other server with X100 XP. THAT NOT FAIR !

It's a huge issue hope the dev will solve this !

To update my previous post I am able to transfer characters and Items both ways. I have been doing this through supply drops so I am unable to test uploading and downloading dinos until I get to an obelisk.

I also did not use these options at all, either in the config file or on the command line:

?PreventDownloadSurvivors=False
?PreventDownloadItems=False
?PreventDownloadDinos=False
?PreventUploadSurvivors=False
?PreventUploadItems=False
?PreventUploadDinos=False

1 hour ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

@kromwell

I tried to reach my scorched server thru unofficial, unfortunatly I have this message "unable to query info for server invite"

all ports are correctly open, redirections are made on the router...

so i don't understand what's going on

I have had that error in the past and it is usually from a mod mismatch, have you tried deleting all your mods and reloading them on both the client and the server?

On 9/5/2016 at 9:47 PM, outlawspirit said:

DO NOT TRANSFER YOUR CHARACTERS* !!!!  

Many people have lost their characters by transfer,  it takes you to the next server but the file goes missing prompting you to make a new character,  their are tons of people complaining on the forums about this, yet there is no answers to this problem.   I paid 20 dollars and lost my lvl 92 character and because of that also 2 quetzals that I was raising at adolescents died.  THnx a lot ark.  Still waiting on a response as well as many others for over 30+ hours

I thought the same thing, I transferred my character and when I logged into Scorched Earth it entered the character creation screen. Your character does not directly transfer, it is saved to your cluster folder. In the creation screen download your character data. This only occurred the first time, all subsequent transfers (at least for me so far) go straight into the spawn screen.

On 9/6/2016 at 8:48 AM, invisibleraptorpack said:

why don't you make a backup of your "savedark" ?? before attempting the transfer

I do it everytime i do Something unusual, so I can go back in case it goes wrong

Nothing to complain about, it's alpha game everyone can be cautious

As invisibleraptorpack says backup your saved folders before trying any of this. I backup my saves every time I shutdown my server.

3 minutes ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

that's what I did with no success

I uninstall the game and reinstall everyhting, we'll see

thanks

This is one of those irritating errors. I was playing with a friend and while both of us were logged in he tried to get one of his friends to join. His friend kept getting that error and finally gave up never playing! All it takes is a tiny mismatch. When I get that error I delete both my mods folders and copy the mods folder directly from my client to the server so they are exactly the same. I have had that error repeat when I only delete one or the other.

1 minute ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

well still don't work after a full re-install, will try to change the ports from 27016 to 27030

Also make sure you have your ?Port=<your port> and <your port>+1 forwarding as well.

Just now, invisibleraptorpack said:

I did reinstall the main game and the mods

then copy the mods to the server folder

the ports are forwarded both 7778 and 27016 tcp and upd

even with firewall disabled it don't work

i'll give a try without mods

I would say also forward 7779 but disabling the firewall should have taken care of that. Don't just copy the mods over to the server, delete all the mods on the server first then copy them over. They need to be exactly the same. If it doesn't work with all mods disabled than I am not sure what is causing the error. I know this is frustrating, I hope I am no repeating information you already know and have done.

2 minutes ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

nope !

what i don't  understand is they are seen by steam so it's not firewall or Something else related!

Yeah, there have been only one or two times where deleting the mods didn't take care of the problem, I just left the game alone and came back later and I could log in. I can't remember if that was after an update or just a random time it didn't want to work. I am not sure if it just queries steam or it has the ability to see your servers on its own but check http://arkservers.net/ and see if a search shows your server there. If it shows there (which it sounds like it will) I am at a loss.

I made two servers on Citadel Servers, and linked them.
Copied the tribe data file into both alternate save directories.. and that works fine.

My only issue is when I choose Travel with Survivor, after inputting the server password.. the client just sits there.
Other people see my character disappear... but I am stuck with a frozen view of that moment.
I have to choose Close > Cancel > Escape > Exit to Main Menu, and then choose the other server.
Is the client supposed to automatically switch to the other server or exit to the main menu?
There is no indication that it is loading or doing anything... the server just stops responding, but the client does not kick me out.

26 minutes ago, Chiapet said:

I made two servers on Citadel Servers.
Copied the tribe data file into both alternate save directories.. and that works fine.

My only issue is when choose travel with survivor, after inputting the password.. the client just sits there.
Other people see my character disappear... but I am stuck with a frozen view of that moment.
I have to choose Close > Cancel > Escape > Exit to Main Menu, and then choose the other server.
Is the client supposed to automatically switch to the other server or exit to the main menu?
There is no indication that it is loading or doing anything... the server just stops responding.

Same thing happens to me, I hit travel w/survivor and my character disappears. I think they just don't have it completely setup yet. The client does not know what to do since your character is no longer there. I never thought about copying tribe data over, I just created a new tribe, interesting. Also when you enter the new server do you have access to your engrams? I have to exit the client and log back in to see my engrams.

4 minutes ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

same as client

but I can try on another computer

If its on a windows computer then maybe its a windows firewall problem (unless that is the firewall you were talking about, i thought you were talking about your router firewall), but I would not know how to help you there. I run my server on a separate linux computer. If the firewall you disabled was windows then double check your router settings. I had trouble connecting with a server I set up and first I had the port as 27071 instead of 27017, and I missed that when double checking the settings several times. The second problem I had was I saved the rule but I also had to apply it to get it to work! Every router has its quirks.

Archived