Scorched Earth Technical/Detail FAQ! (Ongoing)

Jeremy Stieglitz

13 minutes ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

yes indeed

I have 2 computers

1 with the servers and my client another my son's computer

seems you have found whats wrong !

same network is causing the issue !

Well  I don't know if I would say that is for sure the problem, but so far we are gathering some good info for the Dev's to look at for a solution or workaround.  The more ammo and good info we can get for them the faster they will be able to find a resolution ... 

Spit-balling here ... but if it is pulling that second server/cluster from the steam client that may cause an issue.  Because it will come back to your external IP, and if you go out your modem (router) looking for it's outside IP, unless you set up special hair-pinning typically they dump the packets because you just came from me why are looking for me... 

To me that seems the most logical on why internal can't see it but external could... but it is making a very big assumption on how the client is getting the obelisk list.  Knowing where it gets that info from would certainly help also.

I did try adding my local server IP / Ports into the servers favorite lists inside the steam client (that didn't seem to help).

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, i'm kind of getting annoyed here with the lack of information for those of us who are running dedicated Xbox One servers using the Default The Island Map, and how this SE <> Default/Center transfers work with Unofficial dedicated servers.

I would very much like a proper answer here @Jeremy Stieglitz

As you know, we (Xbox One server owners) had to buy a 2nd Xbox One in order to set up a dedicated unofficial ARK server if we want to play on it. What i've gathered so far is that if we want to get stuff from SE into our dedicated servers, we have to buy yet another Xbox One to act as a 2nd server in a "cluster"? Is that correct? Because with the lack of information for the Xbox One community, it is highly unclear what we have to do for the Xbox One in order to transfer stuff between worlds.

I tried going into Single Player as well as Non-Dedicated to play around in SE, and then i decided i wanted to transfer a couple creatures and my character from that SE session, on to my dedicated server.

I uploaded everything i wanted transferred to the Obelisk.

Logged on to my dedicated server which is running the default The Island map.

Killed off my original character, made it to the spawn selection screen and selected Download Survivor etc, but nothing. No survivor available to download.

Respawned my original character and went to the nearby obelisk, which was the  same color as the one i had used on SE in Single player/Non-dedicated, but no creature data was in it.

So, i implore you, @Jeremy Stieglitz to provide us Xbox One server owners with a proper reply and solid information on how to do this, and if we can't, a reason as to why.

Thanks.

Ok I run my own server and was wondering if I upload all my dinos from the island map and then switch to scorched earth play and upload a buch of items and dinos from scorched earth and then go back to the island map will all the stuff I uploaded from the island and scorched earth be there when I swap the server back to the island or no?

Hi folks,

looking for some help on a weird issue trying to get cross transfer running across 2 or 3 dedicated servers.

We run a couple of dedicated Ark servers just for fun. Each physical box has 16 Xeon cores, 32GB memory and fast SSD storage

Each server runs 2 copies of Server2012r2 under VMware ESX6up2, and each server2012r2 is running ASM with 3 server instances (The Island, Centre and Scorched) each in its own folder.

we have TCP/UFP 'ports 7777,7778,7779 open for UE4 and 27015,27020 and 27025 for query

everything works perfect;y.

today we spent 5 hours trying to get ark trasfer working between maps,  but as soon as we tried to start the 2nd server, the first vanished.

here is the config. We followed the guide here first.

all 3 server dedicated servers are starting from one folder g;\arkxserver\

we have added into the server args in ASM differenent session names (session1, session2, session3), set the same ports as before, set the save directory to Save1,Save2 etc and used the same clusterid: clusterid123 on each instance.

all 3 startup just fine and in the command Windows the settings look correct, but only the last launched server instance can be seen in the steam server browser. if we launch ScorchedEarth_P, then TheIsland, we can only see TheIsland in the server browser. If we reverse which order we launch the servers, we get the same result in reverse.

what is weird is nothing ever seems to appear in the Save1 or Save2 folders.

we tried following a couple of YouTube videos and just started the deduced servers using a command line and get the same result, although we did see save files created in the save1 and save2 folders this time.

anyone with any suggestions ?

thanks

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 6:07 PM, Dracas said:

Okay did some more Testing with Tribes. First of they are Server Based and will not Transfer with your Survivor, but if you join your old Server (where you made the Tribe you will still be in it (although there seems to be a few cases where you don't have full access to your tribe after a Transfer, a relog seems to fix that. Also the Offline Raid Protection countdown will keep going down right after a Transfer which could be used as an Exploit, again a relog will fix that).

So you can have a Tribe on each Server which you will Transfer into. Did not have any Issues besides the ones above. 

Also did some more testing on Uploading stuff which comes from outside the Cluster, it seems not Possible which is good.

@koreamedia It is really easy. Each Server has his "Saved" Folder which contains the SavedArks and Configs. A Server that is Started with a ClusterID will also create a Folder named "clusters" inside the Saved Folder. You now need to link that folder to a Global Folder that is used by all Server and your a good to go. On Linux that can be done like so:

go into each Servers saved folder and delete the clusters folder. Type "ln- s path/to/global/clusters/ clusters" which will create a link named clusters which points to 'path/to/global/clusters' which should be the path to the clusters folder used by all your servers.

As for the -AltSaveDirectory, i don't use that at all since each server runs from his on folder anyway. As for different accounts just be sure each user can write and read inside the Global clusters folder and you should be good to go.

Oh and thanks for the help Figuring all that out Wildcard.. not. Would love if you could at least sometimes Post a bit more info for the People that host Private Servers.

Thanks really. This is so helpful. I've succeeded with your help. Thanks Dracas!!

DO NOT TRANSFER YOUR CHARACTERS* !!!!  

Many people have lost their characters by transfer,  it takes you to the next server but the file goes missing prompting you to make a new character,  their are tons of people complaining on the forums about this, yet there is no answers to this problem.   I paid 20 dollars and lost my lvl 92 character and because of that also 2 quetzals that I was raising at adolescents died.  THnx a lot ark.  Still waiting on a response as well as many others for over 30+ hours

13 hours ago, JGood121 said:

Hello all,

Glad to see I am not the only one having an issue seeing the second server in the cluster in the obelisk.  I have an additional viewpoint to add...  these fellows describe the same problem I am having 

invisibleraptorpack
Talabar
Twin
ddvs1
KZ5EE

However... no one has mentioned LAN vs WAN ... I run a private server on a separate machine than my client .. it is however in my LAN (192.168.xxx.xxx , non routable internal subnet).  I can see the servers just fine in the connection list however the second one is not listed in the obelisk.  I have two friends that connect from outside my network and they are able to see the second server listed in the obelisk. 

Wondering if it is an issue being in the same LAN/Network/Subnet as the cluster that's causing the cluster to not show up in the obelisk 

So for the members above out of curiosity I are your servers living in the same internal IP space as your gaming client machines?

mine is on the same subnet i will have my friend test it later

14 hours ago, JGood121 said:

Hello all,

Glad to see I am not the only one having an issue seeing the second server in the cluster in the obelisk.  I have an additional viewpoint to add...  these fellows describe the same problem I am having 

invisibleraptorpack
Talabar
Twin
ddvs1
KZ5EE

However... no one has mentioned LAN vs WAN ... I run a private server on a separate machine than my client .. it is however in my LAN (192.168.xxx.xxx , non routable internal subnet).  I can see the servers just fine in the connection list however the second one is not listed in the obelisk.  I have two friends that connect from outside my network and they are able to see the second server listed in the obelisk. 

Wondering if it is an issue being in the same LAN/Network/Subnet as the cluster that's causing the cluster to not show up in the obelisk 

So for the members above out of curiosity I are your servers living in the same internal IP space as your gaming client machines?

I'm having the exact same issue as well, and it definitely appears to be tied to the LAN/WAN differences. I run my servers on my own network, and both show up in the connection list, under LAN, but when going to the cluster list, no session found. Where as the other 5-6 people I have play on my servers are all able to see the clustered servers without issue. I've changed my cluster name to a more commonly used cluster, and i'm able to see other external servers with that same cluster name, but not my own. They need an option for the Cluster list to check for LAN servers.

3 hours ago, NWadmin said:

Hi folks,

looking for some help on a weird issue trying to get cross transfer running across 2 or 3 dedicated servers.

We run a couple of dedicated Ark servers just for fun. Each physical box has 16 Xeon cores, 32GB memory and fast SSD storage

Each server runs 2 copies of Server2012r2 under VMware ESX6up2, and each server2012r2 is running ASM with 3 server instances (The Island, Centre and Scorched) each in its own folder.

we have TCP/UFP 'ports 7777,7778,7779 open for UE4 and 27015,27020 and 27025 for query

everything works perfect;y.

today we spent 5 hours trying to get ark trasfer working between maps,  but as soon as we tried to start the 2nd server, the first vanished.

here is the config. We followed the guide here first.

all 3 server dedicated servers are starting from one folder g;\arkxserver\

we have added into the server args in ASM differenent session names (session1, session2, session3), set the same ports as before, set the save directory to Save1,Save2 etc and used the same clusterid: clusterid123 on each instance.

all 3 startup just fine and in the command Windows the settings look correct, but only the last launched server instance can be seen in the steam server browser. if we launch ScorchedEarth_P, then TheIsland, we can only see TheIsland in the server browser. If we reverse which order we launch the servers, we get the same result in reverse.

what is weird is nothing ever seems to appear in the Save1 or Save2 folders.

we tried following a couple of YouTube videos and just started the deduced servers using a command line and get the same result, although we did see save files created in the save1 and save2 folders this time.

anyone with any suggestions ?

thanks

I tried everything and more to get a TC and SE server syncing and both running with out issue, it took me 3 days. But the way I resolved it was to put ASM (all ASM files inc .exe) into different directories (in your case 3) then use an MKlink CMD to sync the two (3 for you) cluster folders across the two (3 for you) directories. Also change the name of mycluster123 to something unique to you (just make sure all 3 servers have the same cluster ID) Once you have done the above launch ASM from each servers directory and you are good to go

So you will need:

• 3 folders for ASM and 3 separate Ark server installs,
  • All the correct ports for the other server(s) and the default ports for the #1 server opened. (can be changed)
  • This will open 3 x ASM
  • 3 times Server load windows
  • and sync / MKlink the 3 cluster folders.

Not sure how to do MKlink via advance CMD use this tool  http://dirlinker.codeplex.com/

(I hope that makes sense as i havent had a lot of sleep trying to get mine running smoothly)

Good luck

jim

Just now, Finedragon said:

How are modders already getting stuff added from the DLC? I checked for updates to my Dev Kit and did not find anything from the DLC in it. Is there some type of file that I'm missing that I need to download myself?

Ark Dev kit maybe  https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/ark-dev-kit-and-mod-contest

Hey all. I have some good news. I got it working now with ASM (Ark Server Manager), or you can use this to do it another way. Just watch the video or read what Beals made. The nice thing is you can have separate directories so you can change the server settings and still use the Cluster feature.

http://arkservermanager.freeforums.net/post/14066/thread

You will have to sign up for an account on ASM if you can't view it. Beals did a great job figuring this out with the program for clusters, etc.

Hope it helps.

Hi Guys

A small question here 

I'm trying to implement the cross travel seems working fine but just want a confirmation, if i'm using this 

PreventDownloadSurvivors=False?PreventUploadItems=False?PreventDownloadItems=False?PreventUploadSurvivors=False

Does i'm allowed everyone even if there coming from another server to upload there Char on my server?
I would like to be able to transfer survivor only from my cluster.

Roger

Single player splitscreen is very broken, please read this for once..

• Crouching and getting stuck in the ground [new map]
  • The new jerbo? You can't see it when it's on you(you need to orbit cam)
  • not being able to type/text/renaming because a black controller (you need to log on to another account with another controller??? Hasn't been fixed)
  • When second player goes in water it will show up for first player(the ocean shine)
  • Going under water in the new map is broken(a blue screen)

Everything else is great! Really loving the game!

Archived