Scorched Earth Technical/Detail FAQ! (Ongoing)

Jeremy Stieglitz

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dracas said:

Okay did some more Testing with Tribes. First of they are Server Based and will not Transfer with your Survivor, but if you join your old Server (where you made the Tribe you will still be in it (although there seems to be a few cases where you don't have full access to your tribe after a Transfer, a relog seems to fix that. Also the Offline Raid Protection countdown will keep going down right after a Transfer which could be used as an Exploit, again a relog will fix that).

So you can have a Tribe on each Server which you will Transfer into. Did not have any Issues besides the ones above. 

Also did some more testing on Uploading stuff which comes from outside the Cluster, it seems not Possible which is good.

@koreamedia It is really easy. Each Server has his "Saved" Folder which contains the SavedArks and Configs. A Server that is Started with a ClusterID will also create a Folder named "clusters" inside the Saved Folder. You now need to link that folder to a Global Folder that is used by all Server and your a good to go. On Linux that can be done like so:

go into each Servers saved folder and delete the clusters folder. Type "ln- s path/to/global/clusters/ clusters" which will create a link named clusters which points to 'path/to/global/clusters' which should be the path to the clusters folder used by all your servers.

As for the -AltSaveDirectory, i don't use that at all since each server runs from his on folder anyway. As for different accounts just be sure each user can write and read inside the Global clusters folder and you should be good to go.

Oh and thanks for the help Figuring all that out Wildcard.. not. Would love if you could at least sometimes Post a bit more info for the People that host Private Servers.

This...works! Thank you so much, can't see how I overlooked sym linking the cluster folder.

Works perfectly!

You are the man!

Lol I couldn't even get it to do a mlink it was saying syntax of the command line is incorrect. I am hosting the servers on another computer in my house. I also couldn't find this additional Args  in ASM so I just copied the whole folder that my servers on are in and renamed it. I added the those command manuelly to the bat file.

18 minutes ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

what is the difference between a root and a game server?

One is a virtual machine with limited access provided by a host.

Root machine, or a simple way of saying it, is you remotely access the machine like it was your own desktop. Doesn't have fancy buttons to install mods, or make configurations easy. You set it up, string by string, but it allows you to have endless amounts of features, power and your are not bound to waiting on a host to fix a script they put in.

Root servers are quite advanced, you will need to know some basic networking, and how to run the OS you are using.

Some are in CL, some are GUI based.

@Jeremy Stieglitz, I've been playing this expansion pack since it came out on Thursday.  One thing I noticed, there are no dilos around.  Since the dilo kibble are used to tame ankylosaurus and doedicurus, what kibbles do we use now for these dinos?  Granted, I can still tame this with crops and mejoberries, but it will be nice to get nice taming effectiveness using kibbles.  Could you please tell us the new kibble for them?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, crepemyrtlesl said:

@Jeremy Stieglitz, I've been playing this expansion pack since it came out on Thursday.  One thing I noticed, there are no dilos around.  Since the dilo kibble are used to tame ankylosaurus and doedicurus, what kibbles do we use now for these dinos?  Granted, I can still tame this with crops and mejoberries, but it will be nice to get nice taming effectiveness using kibbles.  Could you please tell us the new kibble for them?

It is possible it might have meant to be this way. Scorched Earth is meant to be hard, so in a way it makes sense to not always be able to tame with max effectiveness.

9 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

It is possible it might have meant to be this way. Scorched Earth is meant to be hard, so in a way it makes sense to not always be able to tame with max effectiveness.

I am not complaining at all.  We were able to tame a high level doedicurus and ankylo, but of course it was longer than we expected.  We love the challenges, but I'm curious if they have alternative to it.  There is nothing wrong to ask this question and this is the right forum to ask LOL

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, crepemyrtlesl said:

I am not complaining at all.  We were able to tame a high level doedicurus and ankylo, but of course it was longer than we expected.  We love the challenges, but I'm curious if they have alternative to it.  There is nothing wrong to ask this question

Oh I know, I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with asking the questions. Was just saying it might be intended not to max effectiveness all tames.

Ok I have a question, I'm running ASM, & the Center on Windows 10 on an Ancient megolithic PC (amd 5800 athlon x64 dual core 3ghz 8gb ram ) and yes it's 10 yrs old but hey it runs as a dedicated server with 12 mods on it (unfortunately including stargate which crashes anytime you go near it) and we've only got 5 users on it and it runs like a champ.My question is will it be able to handle throwing Island/center/scorched earth in a cluster with the same amout of users as I have on it now  (5) with the extra islands loaded?

Another question also, with a SUPER horsepower box what is the UPPER limit for the # of islands you can cluster, does anybody really know?

6 minutes ago, RotokQ said:

Ok I have a question, I'm running ASM, & the Center on Windows 10 on an Ancient megolithic PC (amd 5800 athlon x64 dual core 3ghz 8gb ram ) and yes it's 10 yrs old but hey it runs as a dedicated server with 12 mods on it (unfortunately including stargate which crashes anytime you go near it) and we've only got 5 users on it and it runs like a champ.My question is will it be able to handle throwing Island/center/scorched earth in a cluster with the same amout of users as I have on it now  (5) with the extra islands loaded?

Another question also, with a SUPER horsepower box what is the UPPER limit for the # of islands you can cluster, does anybody really know?

I have ASM on an old box with 10gb.  I was able to run The Center and Scorched Earth with about 8 mods and a 10 player limit on it but it had almost no memory to spare.  I think it only worked because I was the only player on it.  Still haven't got clusters working properly.  Waiting for WC to patch it instead of creating symlinks between the clusters.  Short answer to your question - probably not.

Archived