Scorched Earth Technical/Detail FAQ! (Ongoing)

Jeremy Stieglitz

1 hour ago, Bluetone said:

Cheers fella.

Giving that a try now. Takes its time so I'll check back and update the results. For anyone else having same issues I am: 

1. (Optional) Backup your single player game (\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal)
  2. Delete local game content through Steam (same location as verify)
  3. (Important) Delete the entire ARK folder (\steamapps\common\ARK\)
  4. Reinstall ARK through Steam and then try ARK again

So I'll let yous know before you have to download the 8gb 16gb again

So I can confirm this works for LowLevelFatalError. 

Note I tried this fix yesterday but I DID NOT manually delete the ARK folder AFTER I deleted the game files via Steam.

Once I downloaded the game again following the above steps it worked fine.  

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUMP:

Ok, I seem to be having a rather unusual issue, I cant seem to even get Scorched Earth to work at all, I can change map name in the command line back to either of the other maps and all works perfectly, but as soon as I change it to "ScorchedEarth_P" the server shows shooterentery as the map in the browser and you cannot join, any idea's on where I may be messing up? or can it only be set up as a 2 server side by side setup?

Here is a copy of my command line,

start ShooterGameServer ScorchedEarth_P?listen?SessionName=MY SERVER NAME?ServerPassword=?MaxPlayers=40?ServerAdminPassword=MY PASSWORD -UseBattlEye -log
exit

23 minutes ago, Twin said:

I have basically the same set up but with the center and scorched earth.  I can see both maps and join either one but there are no clusters listed at either obi.  I am using ASM with the command lines

G:\linkedarks\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?listen?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=10 SessionName=MySession1?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save1 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=mycluster8675309 -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -insecure -noantispeedhack -useallavailablecores -usecache -nosteamclient -game -server -log

G:\linkedarks\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheCenter?listen?Port=7778?QueryPort=27016?MaxPlayers=10 SessionName=MySession2?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save2  -NoTransferFromFiltering  -clusterid=mycluster8675309 -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -insecure -noantispeedhack -useallavailablecores -usecache -nosteamclient -game -server -log

@echo ********************** Starting Server **********************
timeout 5
start D:\ArkDualServer\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?SessionName=xxxxxxx_xxxx_SE?AltSaveDirectoryName=\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArks\ScorchedEarth?listen=1?MultiHome=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?RCONPort=27020?MaxPlayers=5?AllowFlyerCarryPVE=True?NoTributeDownloads=False?PreventDownloadSurvivors=False?PreventDownloadItems=False?PreventDownloadDinos=False?PreventUploadSurvivors=False?PreventUploadItems=False?PreventUploadDinos=False?GameModIds=680481868 -UseBattlEye -nosteamclient -server -log -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=Combined1
start D:\ArkDualServer\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Valhalla?SessionName=xxxxxx_xxxx_Valhalla?AltSaveDirectoryName=\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArks\Valhalla?listen=1?MultiHome=xxx.xxx.xxxx.xxx?Port=7777?QueryPort=27025?RCONPort=27020?MaxPlayers=5?AllowFlyerCarryPVE=True?NoTributeDownloads=False?PreventDownloadSurvivors=False?PreventDownloadItems=False?PreventDownloadDinos=False?PreventUploadSurvivors=False?PreventUploadItems=False?PreventUploadDinos=False?GameModIds=538986229,600705968,558079412,680481868,633215081,731604991,681746361,566887000,538827119, 633831197,578592447,566885854,554678442 -UseBattlEye -nosteamclient -server -log   -NoTransferFromFiltering  -clusterid=Combined1
timeout 5
@echo ********************** Script Finished **********************
:exit

Here is what I have set up for testing. I have everything working at this point even the Game.ini settings for gather rates and other things. I'm able to see the clusters, but when I click to the server to join, it's starting up a second battle eye with a second ark session. The original shootergame.exe is locked up unless I cancel out of the new one(Which sits at the join Ark screen). Once I cancel out it will load to the new server. After what ever the timer is set for BattleEye to timeout it kicks for inactivity because that session had to be canceled out.

Can we get some insight on to what we can do to change this if it's on our end?

1 hour ago, Twin said:

I have basically the same set up but with the center and scorched earth.  I can see both maps and join either one but there are no clusters listed at either obi.  I am using ASM with the command lines

G:\linkedarks\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?listen?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=10 SessionName=MySession1?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save1 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=mycluster8675309 -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -insecure -noantispeedhack -useallavailablecores -usecache -nosteamclient -game -server -log

G:\linkedarks\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheCenter?listen?Port=7778?QueryPort=27016?MaxPlayers=10 SessionName=MySession2?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save2  -NoTransferFromFiltering  -clusterid=mycluster8675309 -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -insecure -noantispeedhack -useallavailablecores -usecache -nosteamclient -game -server -log

There are several of us with that issue. I think it is broken and we might need a patch.

2 hours ago, Sidworkz said:

Another update and a fix for this issue.  

Started thinking it was not finding the files.  Ran a compare of my local install vs what the server was pulling down.  My local machine has the .umap file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Maps\ScorchedEarth

When I looked in that directory on the server there was nothing there for Scorched Earth.  I uploaded that directory from my local PC to:

/ShooterGame/Content/Maps/ScorchedEarth

Game fired right up with the correct map, settings, etc.  Wondering if it is something to do with the direct download my server does to get Ark and updates. Tis a workaround.

Thankyou Sidworkz,

I did take a look in the maps folder on the server and seen it was not there, but neither is the Center so I thought nothing of it, lol, 

Just in the process of uploading the files and booting up my server now..................

..........And you sir have kicked a goal, works a treat.

Thankyou again SidWorkz

For anyone else with issues loading the Scorched Earth map view SidWorkz Post 2/3's the way down page 6 in this thread.

We've released a (very beta) tool which side launches another game server with the target map/expansion (in this case ScorchedEarth_P) running as a transfer instance in the same cluster. You can complete your transfers then toggle Scorched Earth from our control panel, disable the Transfer Mode (the beta tool that does all of this) and then be up and running on Scorched Earth with your transfer data.

For folks running this privately, you need to change the port/queryport/rconport, hostname (for easier identifying, not required though) and the AltSaveDirectoryName to something different to have an "output" folder location. You also need the "-NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=clustername" in your launch param next to the other -command arguments (not within the double quote UE4 launch params area) When you load in on the source game server, you have to visit an Obelisk and click the Cluster button in the top right to select the target transfer game server you launched and it will log in with that player data / save in the target game server folder. If you don't see a button for the cluster, the cluster has not been enabled (the -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=clustername part) It's worked pretty well for the most part.

30 minutes ago, SurvivalServers said:

We've released a (very beta) tool which side launches another game server with the target map/expansion (in this case ScorchedEarth_P) running as a transfer instance in the same cluster. You can complete your transfers then toggle Scorched Earth from our control panel, disable the Transfer Mode (the beta tool that does all of this) and then be up and running on Scorched Earth with your transfer data.

For folks running this privately, you need to change the port/queryport/rconport, hostname (for easier identifying, not required though) and the AltSaveDirectoryName to something different to have an "output" folder location. You also need the "-NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=clustername" in your launch param next to the other -command arguments (not within the double quote UE4 launch params area) When you load in on the source game server, you have to visit an Obelisk and click the Cluster button in the top right to select the target transfer game server you launched and it will log in with that player data / save in the target game server folder. If you don't see a button for the cluster, the cluster has not been enabled (the -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=clustername part) It's worked pretty well for the most part.

Not trying to sound like an a**hat, but what would be the point of this if you still have to make the chances to the .bat file? What's the benefit of it?

17 hours ago, kobyov said:

AltSaveDirectoryName is the folder that you'd like it to create inside ARK/ShooterGame/Saved/  to store the save data for that server - any valid file name

Clusterid is just a unique string so it can link your servers together, just pick something nobody else will. https://www.uuidgenerator.net/version4 if you're feeling paranoid

Thanks I kind of understand. Now I know there is a folder named from AltSaveDirectoryName, then what about the SavedArks folder? Should I move all the files in SavedArks files into the folder named from AltSaveDirectoryName? SavedArks folder is no longer necessary?? Thanks for reading.

15 hours ago, Toni said:

Can someone please answer my question on page 2?

Unfortunately Jeremy seems to be not interessted in such basic things.....

Does somebody know how to create 2 servers in the same folder (same ShooterGame.exe) but using different config folders (windows)?

Is there some trick to do that with for example mklink? 

Does the servers really need to be in the same folder to enable the cluster thing?  Is that working too with 2 different machines?

what does it mean with the same folder really? That's what I want to know. I have two servers running not in the same folder. At least I know there is the server name listed in the cluster menu in obelisk. Should I change things so that two servers run in the same folder like ShooterGame? Then what does it mean with the same folder???? Thanks for reading.

14 hours ago, Toni said:

So seems like i have to refund the DLC because of lack of support here by Jeremy....

I don't want to run the same configuration for 2 servers....

Time till refund when no answer:

3 hours 40 mins....

Jeremy seems to be busy. I feel depressed as much as I love Ark and SE. BTW I love mantis.

14 hours ago, Monstermashtj0 said:

See Now Thats Pathetic. There is no Need for that kind of Attitude Towards Anyone. This is a Brand new Expansion. Im still having issues setting mine up. but im not going to refund it because of the So Called Lack of Support. And Plus Buying this Expansion Helps the Devs Create More Amazing Stuff for us in the form of Patch Updates. 

I Can help you with your server if you want

yeah a little pathetic, but I know what the pain feel like when waiting for the support from dev while my server users waiting for my support.

48 minutes ago, koreamedia said:

Thanks I kind of understand. Now I know there is a folder named from AltSaveDirectoryName, then what about the SavedArks folder? Should I move all the files in SavedArks files into the folder named from AltSaveDirectoryName? SavedArks folder is no longer necessary?? Thanks for reading.

Dude... just do AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArks on the Island map.... or copy the contents of the SavedArks folder into the new one you named in the startup string.

Also, as far as using multiple configuration files per game instance, while having them reside in the same game folder?  This is a matter of automation.  Make several copies of your INI files named after the configurations you desire, then when you launch your server copy from those to the originals and overwrite them.  Game launches with right parameters.

13 hours ago, Toni said:

I don't like it when Jeremy comes to this thread and only answering 3 of the about 40 questions.  I had technical questions which should be easy for wildcard to answer.

You can help me with my server by answering my questions. 

Is it possible to run 2 servers with the same folder (same ShooterGame.exe), but using 2 different configurations? 

In the tutorial, Jeremy writes " For Unofficial Servers, if they wish to allow dynamic Cross-ARK Travel, they will need to run two Servers on the same box from the same directory, and then you can launch with the following commandlines "

But unfortunately... by using AltSaveDirectoryName=<customsavefolder>, this only splits the "SavedArks", not the "Saved" folder.  So if i do what Jeremy described above, this results in 2 servers with own .ark .arktribe and .arkprofiles...  but all things in /Saved/Config/...  are used for both servers.

So if my The island server has mods, this mods are used for Scorched too. If i have settings on the island...they will be used on Scorched too.

I think this in the tutorial is wrong --> " two Servers on the same box from the same directory"

Reason:  The new gateway function is activated on official servers too. It isn't possible that all this servers at wildcard are running on the same box   So it must be possible with different "boxes / folders".

So PLEEEEASE Jeremy correct your tutorial and add the missing informations i asked for. Thanks !!

Edit: Whats the sense of -clusterid when both servers anyway are running in the same folder?

Should I move all the files in SavedArks into the Save2 folder for the island server? When I launched a new server for SE with AltSaveDirectoryName there was not SaveArks folder. So, I guess the island server, which is running and has SavedArks, doesn't need the SavedArks folder with AltSaveDirectoryName=Save2 Setting. Is it right? not reasonable?

13 hours ago, Finedragon said:

I dont know if this is the right place for this but I seem to be unable to admin spawn in the Manticore when im not on the Scorced Earth map. All the others spawn in just fine regardless of the map I am on but can only admin spawn the Manticore when on Scorced Earth. Is this intended or a bug with it?

manticore seems to have a little bug, I think. I summoned it, but it attacks only rocks. I forcetamed it, but I cant ride it. Exciting creature but stupid behavior.

12 hours ago, Toni said:

Question 1 --> Yes you have to define different ports

Question 3 --> Yes you can. You have to copy the datas from the old server /ShooterGame/Saved/SavedArks/ to /ShooterGame/Saved/<SaveFolderName>/

Question 5 --> Yes both in the list.   If you transfer your character from the island to scorched, then you do not have this character on the island anymore.  If you wanna have characters on both servers, then you must create a new one on scorched instead of transfering it.

Answer 3 --> copy or mv? I think SavedArks folder is no longer necessary, right?

Answer 5 --> Have yo succeeded transfer? cause mine doesn't work even thought I see my server in cluster server list.

9 hours ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

hi there

i'm confused, those comand lines are for the launch command line or game.ini? thanks a lot

?PreventDownloadSurvivors=False
?PreventDownloadItems=False
?PreventDownloadDinos=False
?PreventUploadSurvivors=False
?PreventUploadItems=False
?PreventUploadDinos=False

I think it can be in command line or GameUserSettings.ini. Either is okay.

10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I have a ton of questions that havent officially been answered.

1- I tried the:
?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save1
?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save2

I tried creating the folders and it did not create them. I tried letting it create the folders, it did not. It seemed to be saving .ark data in the clusters folder but everything else in the "savedarks" server. Which is going to cause corruption correct??

If you allow them all, anyone can upload and download from other servers. Which is not what we all want. We only want them to transfer from our server to the scorched earth server and vica versa.

We would ALL appreciate more elaborate guides and walk through's.

I don't think anyone can upload and download from other servers. There is things like clusterid.

ok guys so i got it to "work" i was able to hop from server to server on unofficial , i think this doesn't require the install to be in the same folder or even on the same box but its not a complete fix  yet , 

so pretty much what i did was transfer the data thats uploaded from the obelisk located in the install server for your server callled "clusters" i guess u can filter for that in windows to make a it a bit faster i wont say where it is because i dont know if your location differs from mine , so what u want to do is upload ur data and then transfer it to the folder on the other server if that makes sense  i was able to transfer my character from the center to scorched earth and then back to the center with a new dino. i know this isnt a fix. its pretty much just one way to make it work ,

one thing to make this work would be some type of file checking that checks and moves files, im not sure what program you can use to make this work please get back at me or post on here what u think can make this work almost flawless

of course its not perfect i know that already thank you guys and ark devs , keep up the good work and please make some god dam server tools lol or some poop idk y i have to try to fix all this crap it should be alot more easy 

1 hour ago, cwizard [BoxR] said:

Dude... just do AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArks on the Island map.... or copy the contents of the SavedArks folder into the new one you named in the startup string.

Also, as far as using multiple configuration files per game instance, while having them reside in the same game folder?  This is a matter of automation.  Make several copies of your INI files named after the configurations you desire, then when you launch your server copy from those to the originals and overwrite them.  Game launches with right parameters.

Thanks for the reply. The same game folder means the ShooterGame folder, do you mean? Should I make two start.sh for two servers running?

Archived