Scorched Earth Technical/Detail FAQ! (Ongoing)

Jeremy Stieglitz

25 minutes ago, LynxX said:

Hm did you try to make a new forward in your firewall only to the programm shootergame.exe with all ports open ?

I have the same issue without this firewall rule.

And dont start the servers over ark server manager .. doubeclick both copies from the runcmd

OMG thank you so much I thought I did that but I just did it for one server. Both servers are showing up on the main menu, however they are not showing up when trying to switch between the 2 in game.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Talabar said:

OMG thank you so much I thought I did that but I just did it for one server. Both servers are showing up on the main menu, however they are not showing up when trying to switch between the 2 in game.

hm i think we have to wait for a patch or a offical answer ..

on our servers we can see both servers .. but when you press the "Join /w char" Button .. the server crash

21 minutes ago, Melcreif said:
42 minutes ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

melcreif, what you're saying is for an official server, on a local server I guess I can do what I want  ?

So that's a good question.  I haven't actually tried it on a local server so your guess is as good as mine :-)

we would'nt have this otherwise

?PreventDownloadSurvivors=False
?PreventDownloadItems=False
?PreventDownloadDinos=False
?PreventUploadSurvivors=False
?PreventUploadItems=False
?PreventUploadDinos=False

well i don't know if it's relevant whith your problems guys, but I tryed to add this : ?MultiHome=..... and this : -automanagedmods -nosteamclient -game -server -log

to my command line but it brokes everything, got a "fatal error" !!

as I don't even know what it's for I will continue without

19 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

How Cross-ARK Data Transfer works:

1. For Officials, you can 'upload' Survivors from TheIsland or TheCenter via the "ARK Tribute" option available at any Supply Crate or Tribute Terminal. You can then 'download' these Survivors onto an Official ScorchedEarth Server of that same game mode. Currently only Survivors are allowed to travel TO ScorchedEarth (they can not have any items on them), in order to keep it balanced for the time being. However, FROM ScorchedEarth you can transfer Survivors, Items, and Dinos, which you can then download (via the ARK Tribute) onto TheIsland or TheCenter. So indeed you can bring all ScorchedEarth Items, Dinos, and Survivors (and thus Scorched Earth Engrams) onto TheIsland or TheCenter to extend your capabilities there. When transferring a Survivor between ARKs using this method, Tribes should be retained. However Alliances will not be retained, and will need to be re-setup on the other side.

so if im reading this right and please let us know. it is planed to let us bring dinos and items to the SE servers later on ?

also why is it we can upload dinos on SE servers only ? (seems like since SE we can upload dinos on why cant we upload them on all maps just not download them on to SE)

20 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

AltSaveDirectoryName=Save1

AltSaveDirectoryName=Save2

I'm having the same issue as another poster is.... I really need to make sure that these are kept separate as currently there will be a modded server and only the stack mod on SE

The files are currently both saving in \ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArks and I attempted to place the folders outside this area and inside. Does this have a weight inside the command line as to where it may need to be placed to work?

EDIT: It doesn't like spaces in folder locations

\ShooterGame\Saved\Ark Save Data 1

vs

\ShooterGame\Saved\ArkSaveData1

8 hours ago, Carl8899 said:

LowLevelFatalError [File:C:\SVN_Ark\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\LinkerLoad.cpp] [Line: 3824] 
Bad name index 211484672/386

VERSION: 246.1 
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffc22137788) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FError::LowLevelFatal() (0x00007ff794c0d5e6) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
ShooterGame.exe!ULinkerLoad::operator<<() (0x00007ff794ca726e) + 34 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:3824]
ShooterGame.exe!operator<<() (0x00007ff794fef6d6) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\shadercore\private\vertexfactory.cpp:152]
ShooterGame.exe!FShader::SerializeBase() (0x00007ff794feaaf5) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\shadercore\private\shader.cpp:836]
ShooterGame.exe!TShaderMap<FGlobalShaderType>::SerializeInline() (0x00007ff79542eec5) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\shadercore\public\shader.h:1095]
ShooterGame.exe!FMaterialShaderMap::Serialize() (0x00007ff795849c07) + 14 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshader.cpp:1748]
ShooterGame.exe!FMaterial::SerializeInlineShaderMap() (0x00007ff79584c21c) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialshared.cpp:781]
ShooterGame.exe!SerializeInlineShaderMaps() (0x00007ff7957e9214) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\material.cpp:443]
ShooterGame.exe!UMaterial::Serialize() (0x00007ff7957ee474) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\material.cpp:2053]
ShooterGame.exe!ULinkerLoad::Preload() (0x00007ff794ca4817) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:2889]
ShooterGame.exe!FAsyncPackage::CreateExports() (0x00007ff794c7fb0b) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:1056]
ShooterGame.exe!FAsyncPackage::Tick() (0x00007ff794c7e222) + 8 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:296]
ShooterGame.exe!ProcessAsyncLoading() (0x00007ff794c81038) + 24 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:1579]
ShooterGame.exe!FlushAsyncLoading() (0x00007ff794c80d62) + 17 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:1432]
ShooterGame.exe!ULevelStreaming::RequestLevel() (0x00007ff7954ab74b) + 17 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\levelstreaming.cpp:492]
ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::UpdateLevelStreamingInner() (0x00007ff7956ad7cd) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:2473]
ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::UpdateLevelStreaming() (0x00007ff7956adb19) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:2573]
ShooterGame.exe!UWorld::NavigateTo() (0x00007ff7956b3494) + 111 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:4335]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::LoadMap() (0x00007ff79568802d) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:9582]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::Browse() (0x00007ff795682e12) + 38 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:8327]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::TickWorldTravel() (0x00007ff795683ad0) + 68 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:8499]
ShooterGame.exe!UGameEngine::Tick() (0x00007ff7953dde7f) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1004]
ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff79430e489) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2376]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff794308aac) + 0 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff79430f96a) + 5 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff79430fa98) + 8 bytes [c:\svn_ark\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]
ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff796574c11) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffc23608364) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffc25065e91) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffc25065e91) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
 any idea of this crash when i try join a island server after playing scorched earth?

i get this crash at biome walls in the loading screen

I'm getting this EXACT same issue. Reading for a fix now.

Update: What's blowing my mind is that Ark is not even installed on my C: drive and the directory listed in the error doesn't even exist. And yes, I have hidden folder visible. 

Just now, Triviathan said:

We had that same issue yesterday. The only way we found to fix it was to remove saved content. Not sure which part is causing the issue.

I think I tried that but I'll try again mate. Thanks for info. Once local saved content deleted, do I need to verify game files in Steam? Presumably this won't affect long standing survivors created ? They wouldn't allow that info to be saved locally would they? :-/ 

I can actually get on the SE servers, just none of the normal ones. 

5 hours ago, Zaganiacz said:

I have same problem, can't fix that. I try everything also remove all game files and download again via steamcmd. It's looks that map not loading ok.

Error: unable to query server info for invite.

Fresh server install, no mods, no savedarks, no GameUserSettings.ini, just clean server files.

Same problem as both of you gents...I spent the whole day trying to get the map running.  Island runs, center runs, wiped the server multiple times just to ensure everything was completely stock and default.   Everything works fine until map becomes ScorchedEarth_P and then  server loses it mind, switches to 70 slots and map shows as shooterentry.  

The server is remotely hosted with oorah gaming.  Its a windows box and it is running 246.1 and nothing else.  I know it is command line related as that is the only change and it breaks the server in a manner similar to other command line errors.  I am wondering if it is the server not liking or parsing the _ in the name.  Any ideas are welcome

Update:  One oddity that I noticed is that on my local windows machine the ScorchedEarth_P.umap file is located at: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Maps\ScorchedEarth

On the remote server there is not a ScorchedEarth folder in the Content\Maps directory.  I am going to try to upload the files there and see if it makes a difference

Another update and a fix for this issue.  

Started thinking it was not finding the files.  Ran a compare of my local install vs what the server was pulling down.  My local machine has the .umap file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Maps\ScorchedEarth

When I looked in that directory on the server there was nothing there for Scorched Earth.  I uploaded that directory from my local PC to:

/ShooterGame/Content/Maps/ScorchedEarth

Game fired right up with the correct map, settings, etc.  Wondering if it is something to do with the direct download my server does to get Ark and updates. Tis a workaround.

5 minutes ago, Bluetone said:

Yeah, it's any server that has either The Centre or The Island map (existing survivors and never played servers) Official and Unofficial. 

But I can play any Scorched Earth server. 

Yea, first suggestion is to verify game files. You may want to remove the mods out of the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods  ... just cut and paste them to another folder and see if they are the cause as well if the other doesn't work.

6 minutes ago, Triviathan said:

Yea, first suggestion is to verify game files. You may want to remove the mods out of the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods  ... just cut and paste them to another folder and see if they are the cause as well if the other doesn't work.

Cheers fella.

Giving that a try now. Takes its time so I'll check back and update the results. For anyone else having same issues I am: 

1. (Optional) Backup your single player game (\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal)
  2. Delete local game content through Steam (same location as verify)
  3. (Important) Delete the entire ARK folder (\steamapps\common\ARK\)
  4. Reinstall ARK through Steam and then try ARK again

So I'll let yous know before you have to download the 8gb 16gb again

@Bluetone maybe this will help

the fatal error you describe, I get the same when I add those commands "?MultiHome=ip address..... and this : -automanagedmods -nosteamclient -game -server -log "

to my command line, everything worked before, I add this and got a fatal error, I removed it no fatal error anymore !

when i took a look on the gameusersettings, with those commands it adds some settings to the ini file that cause the fatal error, don't know why, but when i removed it, it was back to normal

so i've managed to set up 3 server, the island, the center, scorched earth with the following commandlines:

%STEAMPATH%\steamcmd.exe +login %STEAMLOGIN% +force_install_dir %ARKSRVPATH% +"app_update %BRANCH%" update +quit

start %ARKSRVPATH%\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?SessionName=%SESSIONNANE0%?QueryPort=%QUERYPORT0%?MultiHome=%IP%?MaxPlayers=%PLAYERS%?Port=%PORT0%?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save0 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=%CLUSTERID% -automanagedmods -nosteamclient -game -server –log

start %ARKSRVPATH%\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheCenter?SessionName=%SESSIONNANE1%?QueryPort=%QUERYPORT1%?MultiHome=%IP%?MaxPlayers=%PLAYERS%?Port=%PORT1%?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save1 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=%CLUSTERID% -automanagedmods -nosteamclient -game -server –log

start %ARKSRVPATH%\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?SessionName=%SESSIONNANE2%?QueryPort=%QUERYPORT2%?MultiHome=%IP%?MaxPlayers=%PLAYERS%?Port=%PORT2%?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save2 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=%CLUSTERID% -automanagedmods -nosteamclient -game -server –log

All 3 server are running with some mods and without any error but are not listed in the ServerCluster list if i access an Obelisk.

Can someone help?

8 minutes ago, Lyserc said:

so i've managed to set up 3 server, the island, the center, scorched earth with the following commandlines:

%STEAMPATH%\steamcmd.exe +login %STEAMLOGIN% +force_install_dir %ARKSRVPATH% +"app_update %BRANCH%" update +quit

start %ARKSRVPATH%\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?SessionName=%SESSIONNANE0%?QueryPort=%QUERYPORT0%?MultiHome=%IP%?MaxPlayers=%PLAYERS%?Port=%PORT0%?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save0 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=%CLUSTERID% -automanagedmods -nosteamclient -game -server –log

start %ARKSRVPATH%\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheCenter?SessionName=%SESSIONNANE1%?QueryPort=%QUERYPORT1%?MultiHome=%IP%?MaxPlayers=%PLAYERS%?Port=%PORT1%?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save1 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=%CLUSTERID% -automanagedmods -nosteamclient -game -server –log

start %ARKSRVPATH%\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?SessionName=%SESSIONNANE2%?QueryPort=%QUERYPORT2%?MultiHome=%IP%?MaxPlayers=%PLAYERS%?Port=%PORT2%?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save2 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=%CLUSTERID% -automanagedmods -nosteamclient -game -server –log

All 3 server are running with some mods and without any error but are not listed in the ServerCluster list if i access an Obelisk.

Can someone help?

I have basically the same set up but with the center and scorched earth.  I can see both maps and join either one but there are no clusters listed at either obi.  I am using ASM with the command lines

G:\linkedarks\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?listen?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=10 SessionName=MySession1?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save1 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=mycluster8675309 -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -insecure -noantispeedhack -useallavailablecores -usecache -nosteamclient -game -server -log

G:\linkedarks\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheCenter?listen?Port=7778?QueryPort=27016?MaxPlayers=10 SessionName=MySession2?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save2  -NoTransferFromFiltering  -clusterid=mycluster8675309 -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -insecure -noantispeedhack -useallavailablecores -usecache -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Archived