Scorched Earth Technical/Detail FAQ! (Ongoing)

Jeremy Stieglitz

OK, so I'm clearly doing something wrong but I cannot for the life of me work out why I can't see my Scorched Earth server, only The Center one.

Here are my 2 launch commands:

The Center
H:\Ark-TheGenesis\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheCenter?listen?MultiHome=192.168.0.100?Port=7779?QueryPort=27025?MaxPlayers=10?SessionName=TBO_Scorched_Genesis?AltSaveDirectoryName=TBOSGSave1 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=TBO_Server_Cluster -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -servergamelog -useallavailablecores -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Scorched Earth
H:\Ark-TheGenesis\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?listen?MultiHome=192.168.0.100?Port=7780?QueryPort=27030?MaxPlayers=10?SessionName=TBO_Scorched_Earth?AltSaveDirectoryName=TBOSGSave2 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=TBO_Server_Cluster -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -servergamelog -useallavailablecores -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Anyone any ideas? The only time I have ever been able to see the Scorched Earth one in game at the obelisk is when I have been at the obelisk in The Center and the started the SE server from a profile from within Ark Server Manager, but then that the only server that can be seen from the Join game screen and The Center disappears 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I seem to be having a rather unusual issue, I cant seem to even get Scorched Earth to work at all, I can change map name in the command line back to either of the other maps and all works perfectly, but as soon as I change it to "ScorchedEarth_P" the server shows shooterentery as the map in the browser and you cannot join, any idea's on where I may be messing up?

Here is a copy of my command line,

start ShooterGameServer ScorchedEarth_P?listen?SessionName=MY SERVER NAME?ServerPassword=?MaxPlayers=40?ServerAdminPassword=MY PASSWORD -UseBattlEye -log
exit

4 minutes ago, EvilEyes said:

Ok, I seem to be having a rather unusual issue, I cant seem to even get Scorched Earth to work at all, I can change map name in the command line back to either of the other maps and all works perfectly, but as soon as I change it to "ScorchedEarth_P" the server shows shooterentery as the map in the browser and you cannot join, any idea's on where I may be messing up?

Here is a copy of my command line,

start ShooterGameServer ScorchedEarth_P?listen?SessionName=MY SERVER NAME?ServerPassword=?MaxPlayers=40?ServerAdminPassword=MY PASSWORD -UseBattlEye -log
exit

I have same problem, can't fix that. I try everything also remove all game files and download again via steamcmd. It's looks that map not loading ok.

Error: unable to query server info for invite.

Fresh server install, no mods, no savedarks, no GameUserSettings.ini, just clean server files.

25 minutes ago, Garie said:

OK, so I'm clearly doing something wrong but I cannot for the life of me work out why I can't see my Scorched Earth server, only The Center one.

The Center
H:\Ark-TheGenesis\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheCenter?listen?MultiHome=192.168.0.100?Port=7779?QueryPort=27025?MaxPlayers=10?SessionName=TBO_Scorched_Genesis?AltSaveDirectoryName=TBOSGSave1 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=TBO_Server_Cluster -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -servergamelog -useallavailablecores -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Scorched Earth
H:\Ark-TheGenesis\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?listen?MultiHome=192.168.0.100?Port=7780?QueryPort=27030?MaxPlayers=10?SessionName=TBO_Scorched_Earth?AltSaveDirectoryName=TBOSGSave2 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=TBO_Server_Cluster -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -servergamelog -useallavailablecores -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Anyone any ideas? The only time I have ever been able to see the Scorched Earth one in game at the obelisk is when I have been at the obelisk in The Center and the started the SE server from a profile from within Ark Server Manager, but then that the only server that can be seen from the Join game screen and The Center disappears 

I am using Ark Server Manager and I am having a similar problem. I can only get one server to show up on my server list. I get the button in the top right hand corner to transfer to another server in the cluster. But when I click on it my other server doesn't show up.  On a side note I have tried running 2 different servers on my PC without any of the commands and I still can't get both of them running at the same time.

so before I make  a HUGE mistake I want absolute clarity. I currently play on xbox one on a center server and I bought the expansion and fiddled with it a bit just made a new character. well I would really like to take my character lvl 82 there and bring him back. I play pve if this makes any difference. Well I heard that you would have to have a tribe member invite you back to your tribe when you came back to the center map here is the thing I play solo I do have a tribe but its only me. So I can not have anyone invite me back. My question is without another member to invite me back will I loose my dinos and structures ( I have a BA house)? if this is the case I Will be asking for a refund because I do not have the time to spend leveling another character and getting set up on a new server so I would just stay on the center map period. thank you for any assistance 

Just now, Talabar said:

I am using Ark Server Manager and I am having a similar problem. I can only get one server to show up on my server list. I get the button in the top right hand corner to transfer to another server in the cluster. But when I click on it my other server doesn't show up.  On a side note I have tried running 2 different servers on my PC without any of the commands and I still can't get both of them running at the same time.

You cant use Ark Server Manager for this.

Go to ...\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer

Search for a runcmd.exe and make 2 copys.
Then edit both with own servername / port / queryport and the -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=blub Flags

Now you can start both of them.. but the transfer didnt work .. everytime you transfer a charakter from one world to another .. the server crashes

1 hour ago, Garie said:

The Center

Scorched Earth

Go in your Firewall Settings and open all ports for the programm Shootergame.exe in your ark folder
I have the same issue on my root .. and that works for me :-)

1 hour ago, Garie said:

The Center

Scorched Earth

i'm using this, without having to touch anything on th firewall setting, it can be split in two if you want to separate, it works too, 

start ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?SessionName=ile?AltSaveDirectoryName=ilesave?MaxPlayers=4?KickIdlePlayersPeriod=2400.000000?AutoSavePeriodMinutes=15?RCONEnabled=true?RCONPort=32330?QueryPort=27015?Port=7777?listen -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=paswy -log
ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?SessionName=scorched?AltSaveDirectoryName=scorchedsave?MaxPlayers=4?KickIdlePlayersPeriod=2400.000000?AutoSavePeriodMinutes=15?RCONEnabled=true?RCONPort=32331?QueryPort=27016?Port=7778?listen -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=paswy -log
exit|/code]

5 minutes ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

hi there

i'm confused, those comand lines are for the launch command line or game.ini? thanks a lot

?PreventDownloadSurvivors=False
?PreventDownloadItems=False
?PreventDownloadDinos=False
?PreventUploadSurvivors=False
?PreventUploadItems=False
?PreventUploadDinos=False

With the ? you have to write that in launch command

Without the ? you can write that in the gameusersettings.ini

Just now, invisibleraptorpack said:

i'm using this, without having to touch anything on th firewall setting, it can be split in two if you want to separate, it works too, 

start ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?SessionName=ile?AltSaveDirectoryName=ilesave?MaxPlayers=4?KickIdlePlayersPeriod=2400.000000?AutoSavePeriodMinutes=15?RCONEnabled=true?RCONPort=32330?QueryPort=27015?Port=7777?listen -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=paswy -log

ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?SessionName=scorched?AltSaveDirectoryName=scorchedsave?MaxPlayers=4?KickIdlePlayersPeriod=2400.000000?AutoSavePeriodMinutes=15?RCONEnabled=true?RCONPort=32331?QueryPort=27016?Port=7778?listen -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=paswy -log

exit|/code]

You are running this as one command line? 

22 minutes ago, LynxX said:

Go in your Firewall Settings and open all ports for the programm Shootergame.exe in your ark folder
I have the same issue on my root .. and that works for me :-)

That's all done, all necessary ports are already being forwarded. I can run a seperate game for Scorched Earth using the exact same settings and i can see it fine, it's only when running the 2nd server from the same folder I have problems. In fact it's only ever the scorched earth one that doesnt ever appear. Now tried running with the modified RunServer.cmd but having the same issues

3 minutes ago, Garie said:

That's all done, all necessary ports are already being forwarded. I can run a seperate game for Scorched Earth using the exact same settings and i can see it fine, it's only when running the 2nd server from the same folder I have problems. In fact it's only ever the scorched earth one that doesnt ever appear. Now tried running with the modified RunServer.cmd but having the same issues

Hm did you try to make a new forward only to the programm shootergame.exe with all ports open ?

also Cross-ARK Data Transfer might be a challenge ! I do not try again so if someone did, correct me if I'm wrong

assuming I'm on the island with my lever 60 character and my dino, I'm going to an obelisk to make the transfer, ok understood

now I have to go to scorched earth, for the first time, level one  !! not easy to go to an obelisk, but i manage to do this and I have my dino and character from the island.

I do what I have to do and go to an obelisk to travel back to the island!

as my character is on scorched earth, how do I go to an obelisk?? I don't understand how this thing works

Hey there.......

Any word on how this cross map transfer is going to work for those of us running 3rd Party Dedicated servers? (ie Host Havoc type)

Bought the DLC, would like to encourage it's use but don't want to shaft everyone who has been on the server for weeks and then say "Get Scorch, we are switching the map, cheers and sucks to be you if you dont"

1 hour ago, LynxX said:

You cant use Ark Server Manager for this.

Go to ...\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer

Search for a runcmd.exe and make 2 copys.
Then edit both with own servername / port / queryport and the -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=blub Flags

Now you can start both of them.. but the transfer didnt work .. everytime you transfer a charakter from one world to another .. the server crashes

Ok i did what you said to do the problem was I couldn't find a runcmd.exe all I could see was something that said runserver. I assume that is it cuz when I click on it it starts my server. So I made 2 copies of them and changed the command lines to this.

start  "Scorchedblood" /normal "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ark Server\steamapps\common\ARK Survival Evolved Dedicated Server\Servers\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" ScorchedEarth_P?listen?MultiHome=10.0.0.50?Port=7779?QueryPort=27017?MaxPlayers=20?bRawSockets ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?SessionName=Iceblood Scorched Island?AltSaveDirectoryName=IcebloodSave1 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=Iceblood -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -useallavailablecores -usecache -automanagedmods -nosteamclient -game -server -log and

start "The Island" /normal "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ark Server\steamapps\common\ARK Survival Evolved Dedicated Server\Servers\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" TheIsland?listen?MultiHome=10.0.0.50?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=20?bRawSockets ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?SessionName=Iceblood Scorched Island?AltSaveDirectoryName=IcebloodSave2  -NoTransferFromFiltering  -clusterid=Iceblood -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -useallavailablecores -usecache -automanagedmods -nosteamclient -game -server -log

And I was able to see the transfer button but my other server wouldn't show up on any server list menu. I suspect it has to do with that opening line but both of these servers were started with ASM and if I can try to take that first part out the server won't load.  I think I have to move all my server info into a different area but I don't know where to move it since ASM took care of all that for me.  Thank you for your help. I hope anyone can help me with this issue.

3 minutes ago, Talabar said:

Ok i did what you said to do the problem was I couldn't find a runcmd.exe all I could see was something that said runserver. I assume that is it cuz when I click on it it starts my server. So I made 2 copies of them and changed the command lines to this.

start  "Scorchedblood" /normal "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ark Server\steamapps\common\ARK Survival Evolved Dedicated Server\Servers\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" ScorchedEarth_P?listen?MultiHome=10.0.0.50?Port=7779?QueryPort=27017?MaxPlayers=20?bRawSockets ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?SessionName=Iceblood Scorched Island?AltSaveDirectoryName=IcebloodSave1 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=Iceblood -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -useallavailablecores -usecache -automanagedmods -nosteamclient -game -server -log and

start "The Island" /normal "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ark Server\steamapps\common\ARK Survival Evolved Dedicated Server\Servers\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" TheIsland?listen?MultiHome=10.0.0.50?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=20?bRawSockets ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?SessionName=Iceblood Scorched Island?AltSaveDirectoryName=IcebloodSave2  -NoTransferFromFiltering  -clusterid=Iceblood -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -useallavailablecores -usecache -automanagedmods -nosteamclient -game -server -log

And I was able to see the transfer button but my other server wouldn't show up on any server list menu. I suspect it has to do with that opening line but both of these servers were started with ASM and if I can try to take that first part out the server won't load.  I think I have to move all my server info into a different area but I don't know where to move it since ASM took care of all that for me.  Thank you for your help. I hope anyone can help me with this issue.

Hm did you try to make a new forward in your firewall only to the programm shootergame.exe with all ports open ?

I have the same issue without this firewall rule.

And dont start the servers over ark server manager .. doubeclick both copies from the runcmd

2 hours ago, Isho said:

Just read it. I find this very risky since I've put in over 1500 hours in my survivor, base, tames etc. With all the terrible tribe settings and ownership Im definitely sure something will go wrong with tames atleast. 

Then test it on another server with a low level character you don't really care about. That's what I'm going to do when I get home :-)

14 minutes ago, invisibleraptorpack said:

also Cross-ARK Data Transfer might be a challenge ! I do not try again so if someone did, correct me if I'm wrong

assuming I'm on the island with my lever 60 character and my dino, I'm going to an obelisk to make the transfer, ok understood

now I have to go to scorched earth, for the first time, level one  !! not easy to go to an obelisk, but i manage to do this and I have my dino and character from the island.

I do what I have to do and go to an obelisk to travel back to the island!

as my character is on scorched earth, how do I go to an obelisk?? I don't understand how this thing works

So you can't transfer your dinos and gear from Ark to SE.  You can only transfer your character.  However you can transfer everything from SE to Ark.  Make sense?

1 hour ago, Chipdiggity said:

so before I make  a HUGE mistake I want absolute clarity. I currently play on xbox one on a center server and I bought the expansion and fiddled with it a bit just made a new character. well I would really like to take my character lvl 82 there and bring him back. I play pve if this makes any difference. Well I heard that you would have to have a tribe member invite you back to your tribe when you came back to the center map here is the thing I play solo I do have a tribe but its only me. So I can not have anyone invite me back. My question is without another member to invite me back will I loose my dinos and structures ( I have a BA house)? if this is the case I Will be asking for a refund because I do not have the time to spend leveling another character and getting set up on a new server so I would just stay on the center map period. thank you for any assistance 

Try this out with a low level character on a different server and see if it works.  Assuming no issues then do it with the high level character you really want to transfer...

Archived