Scorched Earth Technical/Detail FAQ! (Ongoing)

Jeremy Stieglitz

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Unofficial Servers, if they wish to allow dynamic Cross-ARK Travel, they will need to run two Servers on the same box from the same directory, and then you can launch with the following commandlines:
ShooterGameServer.exe ScorchedEarth_P?SessionName=MySession1?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save1 -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=mycluster123
ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?SessionName=MySession2?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save2  -NoTransferFromFiltering  -clusterid=mycluster123

I own my Linux dedicated server. I have questions about the Cross-Ark Travel.

1. What do you mean with AltSaveDirectoryName? I know there is a directory called Saved.

2. What do you mean with clusterid? Can it be anything as long as two things are the same?

Thanks for reading. I'm so excited about the new map ScorchedEarth_P, please let me launch the server with Cross-Ark Travel in Linux environment.

Hey, I have clustered my servers together and everything is working great, except i have a re-spawn allowed in timer for 8 days when i try to join Scorched Earth. Also, The joinw/survivor button is grey out i can only press join any help would be appreciated. Thanks!  Edit: Fixed it but now i am getting glitched out of my tribe when i join back into the normal server. Also it does not transfer my tribe over to the Scorched Earth Map.

7 minutes ago, ScarletGrey777 said:

Hey, I have clustered my servers together and everything is working great, except i have a re-spawn allowed in timer for 8 days when i try to join Scorched Earth. Also, The joinw/survivor button is grey out i can only press join any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1. What should I put for AltSaveDirectoryName? I know there is a directory called Saved.

2. What does it mean with clusterid? Can it be anything as long as two things are the same?

Can you answer my questions?

7 minutes ago, koreamedia said:

1. What should I put for AltSaveDirectoryName? I know there is a directory called Saved.

2. What does it mean with clusterid? Can it be anything as long as two things are the same?

AltSaveDirectoryName is the folder that you'd like it to create inside ARK/ShooterGame/Saved/  to store the save data for that server - any valid file name

Clusterid is just a unique string so it can link your servers together, just pick something nobody else will. https://www.uuidgenerator.net/version4 if you're feeling paranoid

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

@Jeremy Stieglitz @Jat @Jen  Im having same problem... happened to 3 of my characters... not too happy because there will most likely be no fix and the people it happened to are sol

We're looking into this issue now.

4 hours ago, Riddler said:

Just a quick Bump,any help will be appreciated

It should be, as I believe that was a specific test-case.

5 hours ago, roguewolf said:

Curious about this as well. Will scorched earth use the current ark dev kit or have its own like sotf?

Scorched Earth will NOT have its own DevKit. Once I get some free time next week, I'll be moving all the Scorched Earth assets into the ARK Dev Kit. Yes, we expect enterprising players will make their own mods with Scorched Earth content. That is fine, we encourage it :)

7 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Scorched Earth Dino & Item codes
Here are the various Dino & Item codes for the Scorched Earth content. Even if you don't own Scorched Earth, you're welcome to spawn/add these to your server or non-ScorchedEarth game to try them out and add more variety. Have fun!

I was able to spawn them on the Island map and all but I wanted to know what would be the route to have them spawn normally on the island map. Seems like its an option from the wording that was use, same thing for the items and engrams. 

29 minutes ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

We're looking into this issue now.

It should be, as I believe that was a specific test-case.

Scorched Earth will NOT have its own DevKit. Once I get some free time next week, I'll be moving all the Scorched Earth assets into the ARK Dev Kit. Yes, we expect enterprising players will make their own mods with Scorched Earth content. That is fine, we encourage it

should be ok? so if i take that as a yes and i cant get my tribe back what then... sounds more like a 50-50 then an answer

I can't seem to find any option to travel to SE in my server.

Official Raid Protection 641.

I've tried Obe and drops and I really can't transfer anything. If I try to upload any basic resources it just times out (error 006) and there is no option for players.

Am I doing something wrong or is there any problem with the server settings? My server mates are reporting the same issue. Can someone help me out?

I bought this content on the first hour it came out and now I want to use it. 

Edit: just saw Blank3k's post, I was already typing earlier...our servers are getting neglected as usual? we're still waiting for a lot of stuff that should have already come (like no ORP in caves, lootable lootbags after logout...) and now this?

Can't say I'm not pissed off right now.

5 minutes ago, TeRyn said:

PLease check further down the thread for screenshots and discussion on ORP transfers.

1) There are no ORP SE servers.

2) If you can only transfer to like servers then we cant even roll on a SE server and transfer to our server on 641 since there are NO ORP SE SERVERS!!

This is simply unacceptable. One server for all of the ORP servers could be good for a start, not much but we do need one. 

My tribemates are already asking for a refund but I want to play this content, why should we locked away from it? As usual noone cares about OFFICIAL ORP servers.

1 hour ago, koreamedia said:

you need to create your own cluster id it can be anything like mydodo145. you have to use the same id though for both servers. As for AltsaveDir its the same thing you create it just make sure that both are different.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Scorched Earth will NOT have its own DevKit. Once I get some free time next week, I'll be moving all the Scorched Earth assets into the ARK Dev Kit. Yes, we expect enterprising players will make their own mods with Scorched Earth content. That is fine, we encourage it

Awesome, glad to hear and thanks for the response :  )

I own my dedicated Linux servers. I followed the instructions. I think I succeeded to launch two servers with the same clusterid. In game, I went to the red obelisk. I can see my cluster servers listed. Then I clicked the "Join w/Survivor". Since this is my test server I made a password, there was the "Enter Password". Then, I typed the password. Then nothing happened. So, I closed the password popup window. Then the "Join w/Survivor" button was grayed out. So, I clicked the "Join" button. Then, I joined the clusted server with my password, but there was no transfer at all. What is wrong with my procesure??

Archived