Scorched Earth Thread

Airthrow

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kimsie said:

Well... we do know that official servers already allow this. The only questionmark is whether some inofficial servers will be able to disallow it.

You have no idea if they are going to set up servers where the cross over is not allowed.  It will depend on how many people request that option... which, admittedly, will likely be VERY few.

Just now, Kimsie said:

Well... we do know that official servers already allow this. The only questionmark is whether some inofficial servers will be able to disallow it.

I'd be willing to put money on the notion that Wildcard will expose server config variables to turn item/animal transfers on or off. That seems like a pretty fundamental piece of functionality they'd want server admins to have access to. 

Just now, ranger1presents said:

Perhaps you should actually wait to see if your suppositions are actually true before you start protesting eh?

Me? I haven't supposed anything other than what they announced in the stream. They explicitly said you'd be able to bring back dragon eggs and raise dragons (not tame them). This is my main issue. Sure, release paid DLC to an unfinished game, but then let us who don't want it not have to deal with it. Pretty please

4 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

You have no idea if they are going to set up servers where the cross over is not allowed.  It will depend on how many people request that option... which, admittedly, will likely be VERY few.

True, but now you're making suppositions - you're saying that it won't happen - exactly what I'm afraid of. I can only comment on what is today - because my comments convey my feelings and that's the only chance of the devs taking them into consideration: if I say nothing, nothing can change (the devs can't read my mind!), and then my fears will prove right. You're not really making sense to me other than if you're just trying to make me shut up about my fears....

4 minutes ago, Mnkylord said:

I'd be willing to put money on the notion that Wildcard will expose server config variables to turn item/animal transfers on or off. That seems like a pretty fundamental piece of functionality they'd want server admins to have access to. 

I can only hope : )

7 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

I'd say that, all in all, that's pretty fair.

I'd say that WC has said that they would never ever put out expansions or things that would cost more... Now, even before original game is officially released, we have expansions that needs to be paid for. Its their choice to make and I do hope for their sake it's the right one. But I do chose to end my ARK experience here and now.

Dont get me wrong. I've loved my time here and got more than what I paid for. But somewhere down the line focus has been lost. So goodbye for now.

6 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

Me? I haven't supposed anything other than what they announced in the stream. They explicitly said you'd be able to bring back dragon eggs and raise dragons (not tame them). This is my main issue. Sure, release paid DLC to an unfinished game, but then let us who don't want it not have to deal with it. Pretty please

I find it highly unlikely that the few people who don't want the new content will have no options available to them.  But even if they did not, you have been told COUNTLESS times the game play can and will change... perhaps even dramatically... before release.

Dragons, Sci Fi creatures, Mutated apes have always been part of ARK.  Now the option exists for it to possibly exist outside of the end game environment.  Not really that big a change for the base game.

3 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

I dunno. I'm requesting that option. And it doesn't sound like we're the only ones, from what I'm reading here and elsewhere. Not everyone is super enthused about folks bringing mythical creatures from the DLC into their Dino maps. I'm sure some don't mind, and are even excited about it. Others are not, and hope there is a mechanism to prevent it. Sounds like a pretty reasonable request to me. 

So, hold on @Jat - you mean to tell me that your small development team actually thought this was a good idea? Why?
The Island, The Center and the main game itself (Survival Evolved) is still buggy, it's still unfinished, it's still horribly optimized on the Xbox One with only a total of about a 15% performance upgrade since release. Out of all the Dinosaurs on The Ark, roughly 80% of them are useless in almost all ways except egg laying. Parasaurs and Raptors are virtually useless even in terms of egg laying because they don't tame anything too valuable.

Ok, ok... I guess I can understand the new map and mode and creatures exclusive to a $20 DLC - I know your guys' game hasn't been doing as well lately due to your major inability to implement features and new Dinos without them being either incredibly buggy, incredibly overpowered, or incredibly useless (Diplo). Griefers and Trolls have been decimating your Official servers on both Xbox and PC to where no one really plays them anymore, they just play Player Dedicated servers with horribly modified settings.

But, you know what I can't understand? Now you're letting people who are willing to fork out another $20 for a DLC that adds to an already unfinished game be capable of transferring their Character, Gear, Tames and everything else from Scorched Earth to The Island - basically, Official Servers on The Island are screwed furhtermore, because people can bring entire fleets of Wyverns, Stone Golems and even Death Worms to The Island and decimate a server with them.

You've been apparently working so hard on this project that it has become blatantly obvious why there has been so little attention focused to the updates to your base game. It also explains why you've been using user-created mods such as The Center and Primitive+ to make up for your deficiency in content.

It's good to know, I guess, that you've decided to just ignore Survival Evolved and it's problems, and instead work on Scorched Earth. You're going to lose a lot of your player base over this.

1 minute ago, Mnkylord said:

I dunno. I'm requesting that option. And it doesn't sound like we're the only ones, from what I'm reading here and elsewhere. Not everyone is super enthused about folks bringing mythical creatures from the DLC into their Dino maps. I'm sure some don't mind, and are even excited about it. Others are not, and hope there is a mechanism to prevent it. Sounds like a pretty reasonable request to me. 

It's entirely reasonable, and I personally fully support having official servers available where no cross over is allowed.  I do reserve the opinion that those servers will not be very popular, depending (of course) on how many there are.

4 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Dragons, Sci Fi creatures, Mutated apes have always been part of ARK.  Now the option exists for it to possibly exist outside of the end game environment.  Not really that big a change for the base game.

Well, yes, to me, it's a huge change. That you can actually have mythological tames - sorry, that's a deal breaker for me. But I do hope I get the chance to play without it. As I said - the only chance for that happening is if the devs know that it's requested, at least by some, even if it's not by you. You trying to silence me on the matter feels very unfair and I respectfully ask that you stop : )

Edit: Oh, and I do thank you for letting go of your misdirected accusations of me making assumptions : ) Nicely done of you!

5 minutes ago, Akule said:

My assumption is that this is the result of the Trendy/Wildcard settlement. More than likely, they needed the cash infusion in order to keep the company healthy.

I didn't know about that. That's very interesting and I agree that it's likely : ) Makes me understand them more for introducing paid DLC (even if they did promise not to before, somthing I wasn't aware of).

1 hour ago, Eichkater said:

Everybody complaining about "tha moneyz" is an idiot imo. I`ve spent thousands of hours on a game i`ve spent 15bucks on. So I`ll sure as hell wont complain about another 20 if it offers additional value.

It isnt the money. Its they released an Expansion on an unfinished bug ridden game.

2 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

I didn't know about that. That's very interesting and I agree that it's likely : ) Makes me understand them more for introducing paid DLC (even if they did promise not to before, somthing I wasn't aware of).

Hm. It didn't include my external link. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ark-dev-settles-lawsuit-for-reported-40-million/1100-6438902/

Realistically, I am fine if that is the reason for the paid DLC being released before fixing all of the bugs and introducing all of the actual content that they wanted to put into the game. I would rather them be able to continue to operate and update the game, instead of dropping the title entirely.

17 minutes ago, FinXbox said:

Oh quit whining, this is an awesome update!

FU, tell that to my lvl 120 beaver (perfect tame) that vanished with 10 behemoth gates on him, or to my tribe mate who has to demo his base which he has had and added to for close to a year because Allos are now spawning inside his house, or another tribe mate who has had 3 Quetz's vanish in the last update ..... I could mention a lot more but what's the use, we got a $20 expansion to a broken game ..... YAY , looking forward to seeing what kind of bugs exist there 

15 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

Well, yes, to me, it's a huge change. That you can actually have mythological tames - sorry, that's a deal breaker for me. But I do hope I get the chance to play without it. As I said - the only chance for that happening is if the devs know that it's requested, at least by some, even if it's not by you. You trying to silence me on the matter feels very unfair and I respectfully ask that you stop : )

How on earth did you get the impression that I was trying to silence you?

In fact, I just got done publicly stating that I FULLY SUPPORT people requesting official servers with no cross over allowed... despite the fact that I doubt they will be very popular.

You are mistaking having a different opinion, and voicing it, with trying to silence YOUR opinion... and i would respectfully ask that you quit making such ridiculous assertions. 

5 minutes ago, Akule said:

Hm. It didn't include my external link. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ark-dev-settles-lawsuit-for-reported-40-million/1100-6438902/

Realistically, I am fine if that is the reason for the paid DLC being released before fixing all of the bugs and introducing all of the actual content that they wanted to put into the game. I would rather them be able to continue to operate and update the game, instead of dropping the title entirely.

I found it myself, but thank you for the link : ) Yeah, links and smileys have been disappearing on the forums for quite a while now, Not sure what it's about : /

Agreed, I don't like it - but I can definitely accept paid DLC on an unfinished game. Other things worry me : / (Tame mythical creatures as I have said in so many posts before, just including again here to not leave my comment hanging).

I paid 20-30 dollars (I can't remember which) for the original game, and I've gotten SO MANY HOURS out of it.  In fact, I've gotten more game play out of it than I have some AAA titles.

The original game is polished -- extremely so.  If the developers are going to keep adding things, that's only to our benefit.  For all of you who keep whining that the game isn't out of alpha/beta . . . . let's be honest.  This game *is* out of alpha/beta, even though they haven't explicitly stated it as such.  If you had played anything else that was in alpha or beta, you'd see that those games were buggy and unfinished as hell.  Which this game is not.  Complain to their PR department that the game is mis-labeled or something.  Or maybe it's the excuse for the developers to keep adding nifty stuff to the game, which I, for one, am NOT going to complain about.

The new expansion shows that they've added so many completely brand-new assets. . . . I'm amazed.

$20 dollars isn't that much for all of that work.  It really isn't.  And to be honest, it allows the developers to keep adding things to the main game as well.  Game developers aren't air ferns; I'm sure they'd love to do all of this cool stuff for free, but at the end of the day, they need to go home to a bed to sleep, and they need to eat and shower like the rest of us.

So I've already bought the expansion.  Wildcard has done a marvelous job, and I don't mind rewarding them for it.  It really isn't that much to continue supporting a game and a company that I've come to really like.

6 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

How on earth did you get the impression that I was trying to silence you?

In fact, I just got done publicly stating that I FULLY SUPPORT people requesting official servers with no cross over allowed... despite the fact that I doubt they will be very popular.

You are mistaking having a different opinion, and voicing it, with trying to silence YOUR opinion... and i would respectfully ask that you quit making such ridiculous assertions. 

The following quote made me believe that:

Perhaps you should actually wait to see if your suppositions are actually true before you start protesting eh?

as I took it to mean that you wanted me to not say anything (even though my so called suppostitions were not something I made up myself, as I took it you hinted at, but taken directly from the stream). I'm happy that I misunderstood you : ) I definitely don't think that you having a differing opinion means you want to silence me - that's crediting me with thoughts I never had. I respect that you and I don't agree in this matter.

Archived