Scorched Earth Thread

Airthrow

1 minute ago, DeweyDecimal said:

We've got two free DLC on xbox, if you think about it. We got the Center map, and we're getting primitive plus today.

I do kind of agree that it's disappointing that the devs resources were spent on a DLC instead of getting the vanilla game finished for release, but money makes the world go round

I am grateful for the official mods that have been released, but they are in no way a dlc in my view. This was developed in house as a paid for dlc, in every case of pre-release games that I have been apart of (I know others have gone both ways) something like this was always given as free to those who owned the game in pre-release, or at an extreme discount (50% or more). To me as a customer who has received such things in the past, it does feel like we are getting shafted compared to other game studios.  

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Eichkater said:

But i really dont care as i`ve paid 15bucks for it. If they need more money to finish the game, they can have another 20. So its 35 then. I paid 2.5cent per hour of gameplay then. Great value in my opinion.

That's the thing, they didn't need more money to finish the game. The money they had to finish the game was put towards this DLC.

So not to side track this thread but can someone explain how the cross ark gateways work?  I'm in server xyz and want that character to go to SE.  Do I then pick another SE server to go to while in server xyz? If I'm in a pvp server can I pick a pve server for scorched earth and vise versa? What about my structures? Will they stay when I go to and from Scorched earth? So many questions!!!!  I can understand why people are miffed about the paid dlc but personally I could care less.  I've gotten more than my moneys worth outta of this game.  Thanks W/c

Just now, Irk said:

That's the thing, they didn't need more money to finish the game. The money they had to finish the game was put towards this DLC.

How would you know? Maybe they wanted to bring the DLC free but miscalculated or got just bigger costs in their way so they decided to make it pay 2 play.

I find it so funny that ppl complaining about 20dollars when a meal at McStupid is nearly the same price.

Then again, think of the trade opportunities.  The people that have the expansion pack can bring back all sorts of exotic items and creatures to trade with people that do not have the expansion.  Those without the new pack will still get to experience everything except the new map itself, while a new economy becomes possible.

Of course it all depends on the level of civilization on your server.

2 minutes ago, Irk said:

Not only that but its abundantly clear that the reason why there has been so few updates/patches to Ark over the last few months is because their dev has been working on this paid DLC.

IN their FAQ they stated that there would be no paid DLC until the games release. Clearly that was a lie and they even lied about today's patch removing the new dino they promised to add. So in effect we have downloaded 8gb for a new door and a map we can't access.

sorry, but i dunno if i should laugh or cry ...

first at all: i really love this game. the gfx, dino models and animations as well as the world designs incl. wether are fantastic. BUT...

the original game is still alpha and got more flaws then a 20 yrs old streetdog. why the heck u guys dont fix the major bugs first, let the game run stabil and smoothy, release it. after this is done... u can consider to release an expanison pack for...uhm... 4 € max.? do u really like to pi.. ur existing customers off?

should i list some major issues/bugs? here we go:

- tamed dinos still vanish w/o any reasons

- wild dinos spawn INSIDE solid structures ( uh wait.... there aint any "solid" structures yet. sorry guys my fault )

- players, dinos, eggs etc. falling thru ceilings and even "solid" (here is this word again!) foundations

- dinos can attack u thru walls / destroy ur stuff inside...

- if u are using fence foundations to build a wall out of dino gates and u will remove ONE on... let me say west side... one or more gates on north, east or south side will be destroyed as well. same counts for walls.

- its raining INSIDE (no, i dont wanna use the so... word again! ) buildings? the house symbol/icon in ONE structure is there, there not, there again...i could go on?

- snapped structure tiles dont seem to fit into another

- falling thru the ground into nowhere

- rafts are stucking in the river (atleast at The Center) w/o any reason. even if u dive around/under them... u cant find the reason

- dinos/stuff falling off rafts / quetzals while moving

- its raining dinos from rocks, trees and sky (?)... fix the spawn spoints / their height

i can go on and on and listen even more bugs... but ill stop here.

So guys... do u need the earnings of the expansion pack to hire professional devs/coders? ur existing staff seems to be bunch "beginners".

and now im stopping here with one question "why u NEVER give us any statements about the fixing of the above mentioned issues?"

Yours

Yaz

3 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Then again, think of the trade opportunities.

Sure, but it just feels like designing community pressure to get it... and I really don't like mythological creatures being a part of ARK. It was ok with bosses, but now you can bring dragons back to the main map? It really ruins the gameplay, imo.

How many tribes do you think will trade dragons and give other tribes the opportunity to get them? It's really pushing people to buy it and I think that's a really low blow!

Umm your joking right!!!!! So let me get this straight. We pay for an unfinished game, we are promised the full game when it's ever actually released. Then you decide F all of us and let's make the people that PAID for this content pay again to get the new content. Yup sounds perfectly fine to me...... if your gonna use money you've taken to build the game then those that gave you the money with the promise of the full game deserve ALL the content that is in the game!!!!!!! This is different then a FINISHED game having an expansion!!!!!!!! 

I have already posted this on another of the multiple threads bout this... But I do strongly feel I need at least 2 posts in this matter..

So, instead of getting the original game fixed we get another DLC and even more bugs to fix..... I'm sorry WC but thats not what I was hoping. I'm out for now and might be back when/if you ever get your act together, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here but now its over. At least for now.

Thank you for the ride!

19 minutes ago, Eichkater said:

How would you know? Maybe they wanted to bring the DLC free but miscalculated or got just bigger costs in their way so they decided to make it pay 2 play.

I find it so funny that ppl complaining about 20dollars when a meal at McStupid is nearly the same price.

Lol. Never mind, buddy. I don't think this is a topic you'll understand.

20 minutes ago, DemonLordCronos said:

It just pisses me off they spent time and resources on a dlc when they wont finish the game. Waiting for the Ps4 version thatll never happen sucked most of the politeness out of me so Wildcard can screw off

You realise Sony blocked the release of Ark on the PS4, its nothing to do with WC, go do your research before you make yourself look stupid.

26 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

Right, so Scorched Earth just came out and made people feel quite strongly about it. Getting past the fact that you'll have to pay for another part of an already unfinished game (this is not what the thread is about), I'm really worried that they say that you can bring back animals to the regular map and as a selling point - that you can still play with people that don't have the expansion. Well.... that will just give the people with the expansion an edge, really pushing people to get it if they want to keep up. That doesn't feel right. Am I just missing something? Why not just make servers just for people with the expansion pack and everybody can play with the same terms?

Personally, I would be much more interested in the expansion pack were it a part of the original map as another biome. I feel this is such a missed opportunity!

But it does look great

I agree, it looks quite beautiful! But I'm crushingly disappointed that the DLC is a stand alone diversion from the core game with fantasy creatures and whatnot. I would have MUCH preferred a new desert biome extension of the Island. 

And I absolutely do not want players bringing mythical creatures from the DLC onto my server. Items, I'm a little less stodgy about someone bringing a boomerang. But a dragon? A stone giant? Nope, nope, a thousand times, nope. 

3 minutes ago, Mnkylord said:

I agree, it looks quite beautiful! But I'm crushingly disappointed that the DLC is a stand alone diversion from the core game with fantasy creatures and whatnot. I would have MUCH preferred a new desert biome extension of the Island. 

And I absolutely do not want players bringing mythical creatures from the DLC onto my server. Items, I'm a little less stodgy about someone bringing a boomerang. But a dragon? A stone giant? Nope, nope, a thousand times, nope. 

EXACTLY what I think! I don't want the mythical creatures and now I don't even have the option not to, since it won't help not buying the expansion.

I think that folks need to consider that you did NOT pay your money for ARK with an agreement in place that those funds would go solely into ARK development.  You paid your money to Wildcard to have access to the game as it was at that time, and to continue to play it through it's development and on into full release.

You have never had a say, with any game developer ever, as to how your funds will be used.  Most game development companies have more than one iron in the fire at any given time, although details of other projects may be kept under wraps for a good long time for professional reasons (read: cut throat competition).

Months ago Wildcard revised their release date and the release schedule for patches between now and then.  There was a little complaining but nothing too major.  Now suddenly you have an issue with it?  Seriously?

You're getting new content every month, and so far there has been no announced deviation from the release date set a roughly the end of the year.  We seem to be on track with the announced end game story elements and the Tek Tier appears to be on it's way as well (at least we haven't heard otherwise).  So it's more than slightly hypocritical to start complaining now.

Even if you choose not to pay for this DLC, you will likely get to see and/or use a great deal of it as players bring it back into your vanilla ARK.  I'd say that, all in all, that's pretty fair.

7 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

The DLC is basically pay to win. If you own it you will have a huge advantage over someone that doesn't. The devs aren't hiding this fact either, they are actively promoting it, its good marketing.

Indeed. Dragons? How is that not gonna be better than what everyone else has, even if you can try to explain away how the rest isn't? (which I wouldn't agree with anyhow as they bring new, unique things, to the table!)

4 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

I think that folks need to consider that you did NOT pay your money for ARK with an agreement in place that those funds would go solely into ARK development.  You paid your money to Wildcard to have access to the game as it was at that time, and to continue to play it through it's development and on into full release.

You have never had a say, with any game developer ever, as to how your funds will be used.  Most game development companies have more than one iron in the fire at any given time, although details of other projects may be kept under wraps for a good long time for professional reasons (read: cut throat competition).

Months ago Wildcard revised their release date and the release schedule for patches between now and then.  There was a little complaining but nothing too major.  Now suddenly you have an issue with it?  Seriously?

You're getting new content every month, and so far there has been no announced deviation from the release date set a roughly the end of the year.  We seem to be on track with the announced end game story elements and the Tek Tier appears to be on it's way as well (at least we haven't heard otherwise).  So it's more than slightly hypocritical to start complaining now.

Even if you choose not to pay for this DLC, you will likely get to see and/or use a great deal of it as players bring it back into your vanilla ARK.  I'd say that, all in all, that's pretty fair.

QFT

3 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

I think the exact opposite - that will only push people to buy it if they want to keep up. Also, it majorly impacts the game for those who actually don't want the content - we can't escape. I really don't think that's "fair"

Archived