Jump to content

ARK: Scorched Earth Expansion Pack!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the reveal was really cool, just disappointed we're getting an expansion pack that needs to be bought before the game is officially released. Seems backwards to me.  You should add this stuff after

Kind of a bad practice, releasing an expansion pack for another $20 when your primary game is still unfinished and unreleased in it's official form.

Im disappointed at the paid dlc before the game actually releases. Cool non the less, but already a paid dlc.....

Look I have been playing for awhile and it's a great game but how about fixing the falling thru the map and losing all your gear. This happens all the time in cave, most people on my server will not even take a tame inside for fear of losing it. I have tamed every dino and built a nice base but will hardly go in caves. Please, please, please fix this issue before you come up with more problems.

Every Survivor needs to understand Wildcards moto, " this is not the full game any dino's/gear lost to glitches are not recoverable."

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rickyh24 said:

It's hard to take you seriously if you can't see why people are mad. They released paid content while once again breaking the main game for the majority of players. It's not rocket science. 

Its hard to take everyone seriously when all they do is complain about a broken yet still very much INCOMPLETE game. Did you see the emphasis on the INCOMPLETE? I don't think you understand, nor does everyone else who non-stop brings up "game-breaking." Like seriously 

Edit: Also if you would like to go back and re-read my comment then you would realize it was directed at the people who are complaining about paid content. Not those who are having issues with the content, which I don't understand how people don't understand that adding new content is going to ALWAYS break something in every game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Its hard to take everyone seriously when all they do is complain about a broken yet still very much INCOMPLETE game. Did you see the emphasis on the INCOMPLETE? I don't think you understand, nor does everyone else who non-stop brings up "game-breaking." Like seriously 

Edit: Also if you would like to go back and re-read my comment then you would realize it was directed at the people who are complaining about paid content. Not those who are having issues with the content, which I don't understand how people don't understand that adding new content is going to ALWAYS break something in every game.

This is the 4th time the same mistake is made. I'm fine with bugs and glitches and having my stuff wiped once or twice but at what point my do we start to hold the developer who is clearly not putting time into the right areas responsible? For people with your viewpoint I guess the answer is "never". If you don't understand why dedicated and single player users are frustrated while their games don't work and the devs are celebrating a release of a paid dlc I'm not really sure what to say. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When will Ryuk/Scarecrow receive credit for his creature concepts? Two of the animals shown in this DLC he made the design concepts for in the artwork section and got into the community crunch. The Vulture and the Moth.

Will he ever receive any credit or are you just going to brush it off as a massive coincidence? 

a23JLoK.jpg

g2nUUab.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

This is the 4th time the same mistake is made. I'm fine with bugs and glitches and having my stuff wiped once or twice but at what point my do we start to hold the developer who is clearly not putting time into the right areas responsible? For people with your viewpoint I guess the answer is "never". If you don't understand why dedicated and single player users are frustrated while their games don't work and the devs are celebrating a release of a paid dlc I'm not really sure what to say. 

Listen listen...... How many times do you have to be told?..... How many times do you have to read the notice from when you bought the game?... The game is not finished, you basically signed a contract with your purchase that you will deal with the bugs and glitches that come with the fact that this game is still in development and until it is out of development that wont change. They have already taken complete responsibility by alerting you to this fact. I understand being frustrated, I'm not stupid. I just cannot comprehend what you people don't understand about the aspect of "pre-release" I have pretty much decided that the entirety of the community that is going on and on about this has to be trolling at this point cuz it is just too painfully obvious to not notice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TadpoleKing said:

When will Ryuk/Scarecrow receive credit for his creature concepts? Two of the animals shown in this DLC he made the design concepts for in the artwork section and got into the community crunch. The Vulture and the Moth.

Will he ever receive any credit or are you just going to brush it off as a massive coincidence? 

a23JLoK.jpg

g2nUUab.jpg

 

I am pretty sure once you submit your work and it is shown in the community crunch, that is your credit and you pretty much give them free roam to take the idea and morph it into their own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Listen listen...... How many times do you have to be told?..... How many times do you have to read the notice from when you bought the game?... The game is not finished, you basically signed a contract with your purchase that you will deal with the bugs and glitches that come with the fact that this game is still in development and until it is out of development that wont change. They have already taken complete responsibility by alerting you to this fact. I understand being frustrated, I'm not stupid. I just cannot comprehend what you people don't understand about the aspect of "pre-release" I have pretty much decided that the entirety of the community that is going on and on about this has to be trolling at this point cuz it is just too painfully obvious to not notice.

Clearly you will never understand what people are complaining about or their reasons. Keep falling back on the alpha excuse. Doesn't make you look foolish at all.  Nobody needs this crap explained to them anymore. We get it. Once they charged for more content this goes out the window. 

Edited by Rickyh24
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

Clearly you will never understand what people are complaining about or their reasons. Keep falling back on the alpha excuse. Doesn't make you look foolish at all.  Nobody needs this crap explained to them anymore. We get it. Once they charged for more content this goes out the window. 

Cleary you are just ignoring the fact that all your complaints and reasons are moot. Keep falling back on the Alpha excuse? It isn't an excuse, it is a fact. The only people who look foolish are those who do nothing but complain and talk crap about everything without understanding anything. I am sorry this isn't one of your Triple A titles that comes out fully fleshed after YEARS of nobody but the devs play testing until the release of a tiny BETA for stress testing. This is a game that we are playing alongside the devs during the play testing and content adding and bug fixing and so on and so on. How do you expect a company like WC to keep funds for this game that YOU love to play because its awesome? Oh no they charged 20$ for content THEY made when they just released the Center, which was a modded map not created by WC but by a user who can't charge for the map cuz of copyrights and the devs can't make money off of his creation without royalties for the creation going to said mod creator and who wants to do that, and it was free. Oh but other game makers like Treyarch, Activision, Blizzard, EA, basically every AAA developer are charging 15-20$ per DLC with multiple DLC or you could be Bungie and charge almost 60$ for a DLC and lets not forget Micro-Transactions. WildCard makes one DLC for 20$ just one so far, hopefully that is it but hey I'm not against more if it is worth it just like this, and not only is it a DLC with new content but if you watched the stream they said it would be updated and possibly get more content added to the DLC, OH MY GOSH this is the first time I have heard of a developer updating DLC to add more content to the DLC and I don't see those other AAA titles doing this. Everyone complaining is over reacting and needs to look deeper before flipping out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Cleary you are just ignoring the fact that all your complaints and reasons are moot. Keep falling back on the Alpha excuse? It isn't an excuse, it is a fact. The only people who look foolish are those who do nothing but complain and talk crap about everything without understanding anything. I am sorry this isn't one of your Triple A titles that comes out fully fleshed after YEARS of nobody but the devs play testing until the release of a tiny BETA for stress testing. This is a game that we are playing alongside the devs during the play testing and content adding and bug fixing and so on and so on. How do you expect a company like WC to keep funds for this game that YOU love to play because its awesome? Oh no they charged 20$ for content THEY made when they just released the Center, which was a modded map not created by WC but by a user who can't charge for the map cuz of copyrights and the devs can't make money off of his creation without royalties for the creation going to said mod creator and who wants to do that, and it was free. Oh but other game makers like Treyarch, Activision, Blizzard, EA, basically every AAA developer are charging 15-20$ per DLC with multiple DLC or you could be Bungie and charge almost 60$ for a DLC and lets not forget Micro-Transactions. WildCard makes one DLC for 20$ just one so far, hopefully that is it but hey I'm not against more if it is worth it just like this, and not only is it a DLC with new content but if you watched the stream they said it would be updated and possibly get more content added to the DLC, OH MY GOSH this is the first time I have heard of a developer updating DLC to add more content to the DLC and I don't see those other AAA titles doing this. Everyone complaining is over reacting and needs to look deeper before flipping out.

actually it is an excuse and a very weak one at this point, this was supposed to release in june, if it did you wouldnt be saying that, AND they wouldnt have to charge 20$ if they didnt have so many sales and had charged for soft. the island and center have had and still have a lot of bugs, a lot of texture problems, and a lot of crashing still, and this isnt just me, other people have this problem, some of these problems since day 1, and they havent even been fixed, or looked at by the team. and if they arent adding any more to these maps then just finish them and polish them! and how big is this team exactly?becuase from what i heard this is the same team doing everything thing, sotf,the island, the center, now scorched earth AND the upcoming primal survival! they have too many projects and its just making it harder for them to fix anything.  and hey smartass not everyone can afford this, yeah 20$ aint much for some people, but like when we payed 35$ like me to get early access, then go onto add early acces dlc .. to an early access game which again we have to pay for...is just...i cant even comprehend it. well i could but then wildcard start fire control so i wont. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Cleary you are just ignoring the fact that all your complaints and reasons are moot. Keep falling back on the Alpha excuse? It isn't an excuse, it is a fact. The only people who look foolish are those who do nothing but complain and talk crap about everything without understanding anything. I am sorry this isn't one of your Triple A titles that comes out fully fleshed after YEARS of nobody but the devs play testing until the release of a tiny BETA for stress testing. This is a game that we are playing alongside the devs during the play testing and content adding and bug fixing and so on and so on. How do you expect a company like WC to keep funds for this game that YOU love to play because its awesome? Oh no they charged 20$ for content THEY made when they just released the Center, which was a modded map not created by WC but by a user who can't charge for the map cuz of copyrights and the devs can't make money off of his creation without royalties for the creation going to said mod creator and who wants to do that, and it was free. Oh but other game makers like Treyarch, Activision, Blizzard, EA, basically every AAA developer are charging 15-20$ per DLC with multiple DLC or you could be Bungie and charge almost 60$ for a DLC and lets not forget Micro-Transactions. WildCard makes one DLC for 20$ just one so far, hopefully that is it but hey I'm not against more if it is worth it just like this, and not only is it a DLC with new content but if you watched the stream they said it would be updated and possibly get more content added to the DLC, OH MY GOSH this is the first time I have heard of a developer updating DLC to add more content to the DLC and I don't see those other AAA titles doing this. Everyone complaining is over reacting and needs to look deeper before flipping out.

They all have DLC.  Not one of them releases a DLC before their game is finished.  The time they took to make and polish a DLC, could and SHOULD have been put into finishing the actual game that was suppose to be done already.  For a very long time having paid DLC on a pre-release game was not even allowed on steam.  This is only the 2nd time I've seen it (the first was prision architect and the player base asked them to do it.)  People are justifiably mad that resources were taken from completing the game and allocated to making us spend even more money for a still incomplete product. 

If they had come out and said, "look we need more capital, the lawsuit hit us hard, so we focused on making this awesome addition."  sure.  But to release it as a surprise and act like they're doing everyone a favor?  Horrible customer service.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, cwhayes72 said:

Update wiped my xbox1 bases and tame Dinos... Can not tell you how frustrating that is..... I know I am not alone either.... Good job on rushing this through testing. Thanks for the support wildcard. Still the glitchiest game since No mans........

hey UDG knight its crap like this that most people want them to fix, not add more content! because then it just adds more bug and stuff to fix, i would be happy if they stopped adding content or atleast a ton of it, as long as the game fking worked great a lot of people would be happy! i know i would

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, UnvaluedMammal said:

actually it is an excuse and a very weak one at this point, this was supposed to release in june, if it did you wouldnt be saying that, AND they wouldnt have to charge 20$ if they didnt have so many sales and had charged for soft. the island and center have had and still have a lot of bugs, a lot of texture problems, and a lot of crashing still, and this isnt just me, other people have this problem, some of these problems since day 1, and they havent even been fixed, or looked at by the team. and if they arent adding any more to these maps then just finish them and polish them! and how big is this team exactly?becuase from what i heard this is the same team doing everything thing, sotf,the island, the center, now scorched earth AND the upcoming primal survival! they have too many projects and its just making it harder for them to fix anything.  and hey smartass not everyone can afford this, yeah 20$ aint much for some people, but like when we payed 35$ like me to get early access, then go onto add early acces dlc .. to an early access game which again we have to pay for...is just...i cant even comprehend it. well i could but then wildcard start fire control so i wont. 

Hey guess what profanity doesn't make you look smarter or help get your point across. Release dates change all the time so argument invalid. Yes they have a small team of devs, once again not a AAA developer duh. Guess what smarty you also DONT HAVE TO BUY THE DLC AND YOU CAN STILL GET ACCESS TO THE CREATURES AND ITEMS, JUST NOT THE MAP. Was that obvious enough for you?

 

Edited by UDGxKnight
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Nashiq said:

They all have DLC.  Not one of them releases a DLC before their game is finished.  The time they took to make and polish a DLC, could and SHOULD have been put into finishing the actual game that was suppose to be done already.  For a very long time having paid DLC on a pre-release game was not even allowed on steam.  This is only the 2nd time I've seen it (the first was prision architect and the player base asked them to do it.)  People are justifiably mad that resources were taken from completing the game and allocated to making us spend even more money for a still incomplete product. 

If they had come out and said, "look we need more capital, the lawsuit hit us hard, so we focused on making this awesome addition."  sure.  But to release it as a surprise and act like they're doing everyone a favor?  Horrible customer service.

Again AAA developers also keep games under wraps for years before letting people play them. I never saw anything that resembled "we are doing you a favor." I think thats what you want it to be? So what they jumped the gun, oh well it happens. People will still buy and others won't, it literally changes nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, UnvaluedMammal said:

hey UDG knight its crap like this that most people want them to fix, not add more content! because then it just adds more bug and stuff to fix, i would be happy if they stopped adding content or atleast a ton of it, as long as the game fking worked great a lot of people would be happy! i know i would

Hey UnvaluedMammal, its crap like your comment that makes my point about people not wanting to accept the fact that this game isn't finished and just want to blame the Devs. Hey I got an idea, just stop playing the game until its done  oh my gosh or how about be constructive and help solve the problems, oh but that wouldn't allow you to complain  darn 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes please fix the game.... I feel like they took my money and wasted all my time effort to create my world then tossed it all into a void.

 

I would have gladly paid more for a working game.

 

With the amount of players and a community as strong as the Arks is I have to think that they could have put out a community trial and gotten a better product to take to the market.

 

As it stands tho ... They failed me, with a cost of a customer. (until they fix my bases and dinos or compensate me for lost time and efforts) But given the track record of Wildcard to fail customer service.... I will not be holding my breath. 

Until then I will be vocal both at Pax and online to dissuade others from falling into the void like I did.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Hey UnvaluedMammal, its crap like your comment that makes my point about people not wanting to accept the fact that this game isn't finished and just want to blame the Devs. Hey I got an idea, just stop playing the game until its done  oh my gosh or how about be constructive and help solve the problems, oh but that wouldn't allow you to complain  darn 

All the comments you posted repeat the same thing. It seems like you have a billboard infront of you. State something new in your arguments instead of repeating them. Even if there would be a public poll between all ark players about this issue and 95% would vote the opposite of what you voted, then you would still have a giant plank of wood infront of you and repeat yourself like a toy-action figure.

Once your long journey to find common sense is complete, feel free to have a talk. Untill then, godspeed. :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CryptedJeffrey said:

All the comments you posted repeat the same thing. It seems like you have a billboard infront of you. State something new in your arguments instead of repeating them. Even if there would be a public poll between all ark players about this issue and 95% would vote the opposite of what you voted, then you would still have a giant plank of wood infront of you and repeat yourself like a toy-action figure.

Once your long journey to find common sense is complete, feel free to have a talk. Untill then, godspeed. :-)

Dude you are nonsensical. Did you buy an incomplete game expecting something more? Was the notice about it not working properly 100% of the time not obvious enough for you? Why does it sound like the one who needs common sense isn't me but you? "95%" of people don't understand this "new" way to release and showcase pre-release games so of course they would vote against it. "95%" of people would rather complain about this then actually use their brains to think about how ridiculous they sound complaining about all this. "95%" of people is the biggest exaggeration I have ever heard in my life by the way and that is using common sense. You want to go spend 100$ or more on DLC for a "fully completed" AAA title then go right ahead. The rest of us who payed the 20$ on a game that we only payed half price for, cuz we understood it wasn't complete and knew what we were buying, and that we have gotten more out of than most of all the AAA 60$ games with their overpriced DLCs and micro-transactions. How is that for "common sense" 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...