ARK: Scorched Earth Expansion Pack!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hello Survivors!

The Mysterious Mysteries have finally come to a close with the single biggest update in our 14-month development cycle. Studio Wildcard is proud to announce our first expansion pack, ARK: Scorched Earth. 

large.ARK_SE_0.png.b2be62ca4ea2076c5eb09

Scorched Earth is an completely new and different experience from The Island. Stranded naked, dehydrated and starving on a fiery, drought-ridden desert world, Survivors must immediately seek water, hunt for food, harvest new flora, craft new items, and build shelter from the extreme heat. 

large.ARK_SE_1.png.1ae8b200ca3b8de1fad6b

Scorched Earth is an entirely new map, composed of seven unique, desert themed biomes – dunes, high desert, mountains, canyons, badlands, oasis and the ever-dangerous dragon trench – each with their own aesthetics, resources & ecosystems, and littered with ruins, geysers, and intricate ancient cave systems.

large.ARK_SE_05.png.3e0c93469cedcfb13791

large.ARK_SE_08.png.c60ba64f74afa2cf70a8

The desert’s biomes are filled with fantastical new creatures, many of which can be tamed. Lead a caravan of the camel-like Morellatops, or rain fire down on your enemies from the back of a Wyvern. Just mind your step in the vast desert, or you might attract a Death Worm!

large.ARK_SE_10.png.8c75b8a9dc12b366a5f7

One of the easiest resources to obtain on The Island has now become arguably one of the most valuable resources on this new map: water. Players must re-learn what it means to survive and thrive in a harsh desert environment depleted of water resources. 

large.ARK_SE_04.png.840d3c859ef64521026e

Discover over 50 new items to craft including new outfits and structures to protect from the heat, and new tools to help survive in the harsh environment. Carry temporary shelter with you using tents, employ whips, boomerangs and flamethrowers for ‘defense’, wind turbines to generate clean power, and water wells & oil refineries to harvest scarce resources, among many new mechanics!

large.ARK_SE_07.png.d224800974e69b65244f

Prepare yourself for new weather experiences including dangerous electrical storms, blinding sand storms, befuddling heat stroke.

large.ARK_SE_9.png.85838680102ad55477fd6

Unleash the power of the Obelisks to come face-to-face with ARK’s fourth and deadliest boss creature to date  – the ferocious Manticore! 

large.ARK_SE_12.png.8fef7a950227851233a0

Scorched Earth utilizes a new feature called The Gateway, a cross-server ARK transfer. Survivors who manage to survive the harsh arid conditions can travel back and forth from the Scorched Earth map to the ARK: Survival Evolved main game, taking with them newly collected tools, weapons, and their newly tamed creatures to impress their friends and dazzle their combatants.

large.ARK_SE_11.png.d432d294c61ede2ac988

Scorched Earth is available starting today on Steam Early Access and Xbox One Game Preview. As Scorched Earth is an expansion, players already must own ARK: Survival Evolved in order to play.

large.ARK_SE_13.png.233d0422fce08fe825ed

large.ARK_SE_06.png.2af4352fea99999c429d

ARK: Survival Evolved is on sale this week at 40% off the retail price for both Steam and Xbox One so if you haven’t already picked it up, now is the perfect time to grab ARK: Survival Evolved and ARK: Scorched Earth!

large.ARK_SE_2.png.06f5f236839ed5ca46e21

Buy now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/512540

large.ARK_SE_3.png.d3a9cce4ef060865620b2

PAX West!

This weekend Studio Wildcard will be joined by PAX Rex and its’ new gigantic friend at PAX West in Seattle. We invite you to join us in person at the Studio Wildcard South Hall booth #2109 or on our Twitch channel to which we will be streaming to all weekend for the big ARK: Scorched Earth reveal. www.twitch.tv/survivetheark

We will also be joined by popular streamers and content creators who will be showcasing the new expansion, as well as members of the development team. We look forward to seeing you there!

NVIDIA Ansel!

ARK: Survival Evolved and the Scorched Earth Expansion Pack now include support for NVIDIA Ansel -- a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots.  Compose a shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share the screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset. 

Learn more about these features in the Ansel Technology page and the NVIDIA blog.

Xbox Update v739!

On top of the Scorched Earth content, Xbox One player will also be receive a new update that brings them up to speed with lots of the content already available on PC. The update will also include a HD resolution upgrade to fully support 720p gameplay with 1080p UI’s.

Primitive+ is now an official part of ARK: Survival Evolved on Xbox One, which features over 100 new items, weapons, structures, and survival mechanics oriented towards “primitive” style living -- effectively doubling the amount of content within ARK!  

Newly available as part of the ‘ARK Official Mods Program’ today, Primitive+ is a functionality mod playable on official ARK maps, challenging players to use weapons and tools only made of wood and stone, without the benefit of advanced metals to create weapons such as guns. It's a whole new set of items and detailed mechanics focused on 'primitive' survival, which fits snugly in the world of ARK. 

In addition, the versatile Pelagornis and the pack-minded Allosaurus, along with a new Fishing Rod and fishing mechanic, and a flurry of additional gameplay features have been added!

Additional Update v739 Content Includes:
- New Item: Fishing Rod + Fishing Mechanic! Be a pro fisherman as you apply varied bait, cast the line, wait for a fish to become ensnared, and then succeed at a mini-game to reel the fish and claim copious rewards!
- New Structure: Industrial Grinder that grinds items into a portion of their crafting resources, then converts resources into simpler resources
- New Structure: Spiral Staircase (Stone/Wood/Metal)
- New Mechanic: Optional Hitmarkers for ranged attacks (server can toggle them, as well as client if the server allows it)
- Building Attack/Destruction TribeLogs

View full article

Oh no... Please dont cross Scorched earth and the main game.

You just have begun to balance the game and now this.

Scorched Earth utilizes a new feature called The Gateway, a cross-server ARK transfer. Survivors who manage to survive the harsh arid conditions can travel back and forth from the Scorched Earth map to the ARK: Survival Evolved main game, taking with them newly collected tools, weapons, and their newly tamed creatures to impress their friends and dazzle their combatants.

I am so hyped for SE, but not as a crossover

Edited by Picolo XL

2 minutes ago, DinoDash said:

I'd love this if it were a bit more realistic, they might as well add ridiculously oversized weapons and extravagant armor.

My main takeaway from the article is that the new desert has more survival mechanics, i.e. water is scarce and weather that kills, and to me that is more realistic than the current maps.

Just now, waterKeeper said:

My main takeaway from the article is that the new desert has more survival mechanics, i.e. water is scarce and weather that kills, and to me that is more realistic than the current maps.

Don't get me wrong I love the new map, mechanics and features it's just some of the creatures eg. Giant rock golem, manticore, wyvern...

Well I would buy it but the only problem is, The game isnt released yet and you are putting out a paid dlc. A DLC that noone can join your game unless they bought it too! So to everyone wanting it that is hosting a server on pc DO NOT BUY AND PUT ON YOUR SERVER UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR POPULATION CUT HUGE! All I can say is the stuff in this will be modded in. Anunnaki has the wyverns just need to wait for the golems to be added.

3 minutes ago, Voom65 said:

Well I would buy it but the only problem is, The game isnt released yet and you are putting out a paid dlc. A DLC that noone can join your game unless they bought it too! So to everyone wanting it that is hosting a server on pc DO NOT BUY AND PUT ON YOUR SERVER UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR POPULATION CUT HUGE! All I can say is the stuff in this will be modded in. Anunnaki has the wyverns just need to wait for the golems to be added.

It sounds by the description on the store, that if you have the DLC you can travel there and bring back creatures to the regular ark map and "show off" to those who don't  have it.

TRAVEL BETWEEN ARKS Survivors can take their character, favorite creatures and items between the Island and the new Desert ARKs, making their Island-dwelling friends jealous with all of the amazing new items, structures, creatures and secrets they find in the Desert.

6 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

TRAVEL BETWEEN ARKS Survivors can take their character, favorite creatures and items between the Island and the new Desert ARKs, making their Island-dwelling friends jealous with all of the amazing new items, structures, creatures and secrets they find in the Desert.

Oh god. Hopefully this doesn't come into play with dedicated.