ARK: Scorched Earth Expansion Pack!

Jatheish

One big thing I notice... Tent can protect you from heatwave...but... I have 20 air conditioners and 80 fortitude and I'm dying of heat exhaustion at 8 degrees inside my metal base. Apparently others on the server are surviving with approximately 50 AC units, I will find out shortly.

Besides that small issue, completely love the new Map, concepts and dinos/items.

4 hours ago, DHoffman24 said:

No they definitely can be working on other stuff but for anyone who has made a good model for a game it takes hundreds of hours to get it right and looking good, you can't throw up a 2 hour model and look good as the models ark has. Most people complaining about this game don't understand the design process at all, you can easily work on dlc for a game and the core game at the same time, some companies have even had full dlc complete before the core game is even half way done.

You really aren't that bright. Not poop Sherlock, it takes a long time to make complex models, I never tried to deny that.  You don't even address my freaking point! Yes, it takes a long time to develop a game, but then shouldn't WC be focusing on already promised LONG AWAITED features like tek (announced 5 months ago with screenshots if I believe) to be finished than having so many core game mechanics in a half finished state while they work on effectively a separate game!? 

"you can easily work on core game mechanics and DLC at once" not when the game is publicly accessible with already very delayed additions. In an AAA with no EA, sure. But when you have millions of people patiently waiting for the game to be finished maybe your priority should be keeping existing customers instead of pissing them off. WC had take one step forward and two back with their PR after DE. 

I have a few practical questions about SE

I play SP on the Island and I want this to remain my main game. My Character is level 80. I want SE for side adventure and fun

- When transferring to SE if I choose "new survivor" does that affect my main character too? Does my level 80 rolls back the lvl1 when I am back on the Island?

- I am inclined to choose download survivor and so end up a naked level 80 in SE. My problem there are the engrams. On the Island I have a huge backlog of engrams I cannot afford yet. I mean stuff like saddles for dire bear, rhino, manta... In SE, there a tons of new content and thus engrams too. My question : do the engrams accumulate or stay separate between SE and the Island?  With the tapejara around the corner, more engrams to prioritize. This makes it unlikely that I will be able to build an adobe house in SE.

- will the new resources (sand, clay, cactus sap silk) will ever be able to be produce on the Island at one point later?

-does a tamed moth produces silk (without having to be killed for it) and if yes, will it do that if spawned on the Island too?

Thanks in advance. I would really appreciate some clarifications here.

Great DLC, WC. I'm not as upset as all of the other people, I get that you need to make money off of what you made because it's a huge addon, but I'm a little upset that I can't play with my friends because I was barely able to buy the base game, and everyone is playing the addon now so I'm just sitting in the corner waiting for them to get over it. If it was on sale, or even made free, then you guys would earn so much respect from the community. 

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:30 PM, Bluenitemare said:

Have you ever thought that people like you are the reason their taking their sweet time about finishing the game? I mean with all the rude and complaining people like you over the place, maybe their trying to teach yall a lesson about being patient and not treating them like their servants to yall (not kissing anyone's rear behinds just being completely honest about this whole situation)

" Teach us a lesson "

Do you reread what you write ? WE ARE THE CONSUMER . I know you have never heard this in your life.

" THE CONSUMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT ." PERIOD . Companies that follow that one simple rule , WILL ALWAYS WIN. I'm Not the one dragging their PATHITIC, SORRY, WASTE OF EXISTANCE, BEINGS into a court room . THEY ARE NOT MY SERVANTS. HOW EVER I PAID THEM TO FINISH A PROJECT. INSTEAD OF FINISHING IT , THEY RELEASE MORE UNFINISHED PAID ALPHA DLC , WHICH IS  ALSO MFGDSOABMF BROKEN   .  Now, ADD on to that that they MAJORLY SCREWED PEOPLES SINGLE PLAYER , and Multi player games. THAT COULD HAVE BEEN FOUND HAD THEY TESTED IT THE WAY THEY SHOULD HAVE. INSTEAD OF SPENDING ALL THE TIME THEY DID TO SHOVEL OUT MORE BROKEN PAID DLC.  IF you are having this hard of a time understanding that they have ALREADY BEEN PAID TO FINISH A GAME . WHICH THEY HAVE YET TO DO , THEN I WATCH THEM SAY , LOOK AT ALL WE DID OVER HERE AINT THIS GREAT ???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

MEANWHILE THE CORE GAME UPDATE WENT TO HELL IN A HAND BASKET. And you want to say they are teaching a lesson ? THEY NEED TO LEARN ONE. IT'S CALLED FINISH STEP ONE BEFORE YOU MOVE TO STEP 2.

I WOULD HAVE GIVEN THEM 40 OR even 50 FOR THE SE PAID DLC , AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW , THEY WILL NEVER SEE ANOTHER PENNY .

AND it is COMPLACENCY Like yours , For the reason they will more then likely do this again.

IT is the COMPLACENCY OF ALL FANBOY/GIRL PLAYERS of any game company that allow these things happen.

I do not expect you to understand , since you would have by now, Ether you are a child , or you just blindly let people do what they want with your money.  If you have a tax paying job to earn that money  you gave them. @Jat is From the UK , So only god knows where his moral and business ethics are, if they even exist.

To PUT OUT PAID DLC PRIOR TO MAIN LAUNCH IS THE REASON SONY TOLD THEM , NO . Sony cares about its players to a degree I would say MORE then Microsoft. Sure they have their own problems but they don't let AHATS like WILDCARD SHOVEL BROKEN PIECES INTO A BOX and SLAP a AAA GAME price tag on it.

I can go back and forth with you on this , The fact is , IF you haven't learned anything by now, you will not , OH AND LOOK AT THAT , A HOLLIDAY WEEKEND IN THE US , AND WHERE IS THE PATCH FOR THE SAVE GAMES ? I SURE AS HELL HAVEN'T SEEN an UPDATED POST YET. Oh AND HOWS THAT FISHING ROD IN PRIMITIVE PLUS COMING ALONG ?? YOU KNOW .. PRIMITIVE ,, A STICK WITH STRING ON IT..

@Jat YOU NEVER DID SAY IF THAT WAS ADVANCED TEK TIER  TO MAKE A STICK WITH SOME STRING ON IT. FFS , IF YOU JUST WANT TO ROB PLAYERS OF CASH , LOOK AT THE NY STOCK EXCHANGE. You made out what ? 300K ??  BOY , Mojang showed better effort, AND WITH LESS PEOPLE .

Edited by kyleslev

On September 4, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Bluenitemare said:

Have you ever thought that people like you are the reason their taking their sweet time about finishing the game? I mean with all the rude and complaining people like you over the place, maybe their trying to teach yall a lesson about being patient and not treating them like their servants to yall (not kissing anyone's rear behinds just being completely honest about this whole situation)

Haha. Blame the players for delays.  Good one. 

so is the moth and vulture going to be fixed? the dossiers say that the moth produces silk, which it does not cause i have a couple of them and they do no such thing. the same goes with the vulture, the dossier states it has a second stomach or something for regular meat to spoil it. i can only put spoiled meat on the dumb bird and nothing else. it would be nice if they were fixed as otherwise they are truly worthless critters to tame.  also the tent, i  put one out and after a while it just disappears, is this a bug or actual mechanic cause that would be dumb.  i hope that the comments and the rumors going around about you guys wrapping up ark is not true as i wish to see more DLC content and new dinosaurs due to this being my all time favorite game, you guys do awesome work and look forward to seeing more content from you

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:51 PM, SasquatchJ07 said:

so have tried everything people have said about playing it without mods restarting the server and even dying. still cant get the special skins. i understand that the manticore helmet and shield and the wyvern gloves probably get unlocked dealing with some thing with those critters but cant get the starter skins, it would be nice if someone could tell me how to fix this or if it still is a bug with the new release. also how do you get the scorched skins for the spear and torch and sword, it would be nice if wildcard could clarify these things. also stop complaining about having to pay for dlc, i understand it sucks considering game is not even out of alpha, but no amount of complaining is going to change it. at least it not like minecraft where your paying that much just for a stupid skin pack or fallout 4 where it that price for a workshop update. at least it adds a ton of stuff. 

"20.00" You claim, Is a TAD Bit more then 1.99 or even 3.99 for a MAssive skin pack ( BTW I have nvr bought a skin pack for minecraft ( that's retarded) and BTW SKINS ARE FREE ON THE PC .. ffs . Now moving onto FALLOUT , the work shop was .. like 6 , maybe 7 bucks  NOT FRIGGING "20" ... Boy , you need a role model .

Oh and complaining .. Made MICROSOFT , make MAJOR  CORE CHANGES in the XBOX1 , Though , I have no idea if you remember that or are old enough . WHEN PLAYERS UNITE , We make changes , or companies go under. @Jat , Hint hint hint .

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 7:57 AM, DHoffman24 said:

Actually it's more like they were building a standalone garage next to the house at the same time as the house, but since the garage is a lot smaller then the house it was completed first. So now your mad at the contractor for finishing the garage first and not the main house because you are pushing them to much to move in. They gave us a date for the house to be done, but then the plans change and a lot more was added to the house and your upset because the date got moved back so they could facilitate the new additions...

NO , THEY WERE PAID TO BUILD A HOUSE , You will not FIND A LIVING CONTRACTER THAT WOULD DO THIS . ( You may find out about one that had an "accident " and is no longer with the living ) WHEN I PAY SOMEONE FOR A JOB , They do ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF WHAT MY MONEY WAS TO BE USED FOR . Their lives or what is left of them , take a major PERMINANT detour .

12 minutes ago, SasquatchJ07 said:

before you go being an a$$hat, i was paraphrasing.  i understand for some lazy sh!t$ who apparently think 20 bucks is a fortune and their using the allowance their mothers giver them, then yes its a lot of money apparently. but when you consider that it is practically a completely new game with new animals, mechanics, and environments,  then it not that bad, and if you think its a huge waste of money let me point you to the game no mans sky. enough said.

Well actually, 20 dollars is 4 days of groceries. 20 dollars is an amount of money that me, as a working adult that hasn't got a lot of money to spend, that i just cannot spend frivolously. The base game is going to be around $40, that will have a large island, around 100 creatures, 4 tiers of buildings and a lot of other items. This DLC is half that price, with 1/10 of the creatures, 1/2 the map, 1/10 the items. So no, it's not worth the $20. They probably overshot themselves when they started giving out price money. 
But compared to the base game, this expansion is not worth $20. 

19 hours ago, SatansPegasus said:

the center was dlc, primitive plus is dlc what your all bitching about is the fact you gotta pay for it its got raptor all to do with it been pre release your all just crying cause you gotta pay for it this time.

I'll agree that the price might be a little too steep for some people but thats all.

I do NOT HAVE to pay for it , I DON'T WANT IT . I NEVER ASKED FOR IT , WHAT I WANT , IS FOR THEM TO FINISH THE CORE GAME FIRST . #FINSHAJOB

You take up for them , Way to much to be a gamer , or at the least someone that would pay taxes, and have Bills to pay. ( IE AN ADULT )

WHEN an ADULT PAYS FOR SOMETHING , we like to see it finished BEFORE THEY START A SIDE PROJECT. 

One day you may sire children , You'll understand when you tell them to clean up toys Then X hours later,  they say " Look , I BRUSHED THE , dog/cat/ Fed what ever", Meanwhile Their TOYS ARE ALL OVER YOUR FLOORS Still . I KNOW finishing a JOB must be hard for you to understand . But I have hope in you , I think . The Jury is still out.

I'm Here , over the fact I Paid them on the hopes , of seeing them FINISH What they started . Instead they show case this like a child proud that they got a B in a spelling test , While you helped them study  an hour a night for a WEEK on a MATH test that they FAILED.

This is the turning point for wildcard, This update shows that all the resources they diverted for this side project Screwed players over hard core , and all we get is a , " OPPS That's on us , sorry " Tee hee hee . BUY OUR DLC !!! OK ! .

Maybe it's me, maybe I have more hope in people then what they deserve or are even worth giving. Nah , #FINSHCOREGAMEFIRST

Then sell all the dlc you can spit out .

i love that everyone who is for paying for the dlc or anything of that type is automatically a child. im a tax paying adult here too and just because i support this doesnt mean i'm a child. agian we've covered that 20 may have been a little much but when you compare it to other games that have come out, at least its worth something. look at no mans sky. i paid 60 for that game and in my opinion, was a total waste  of money. there are worse games out there and you know, i'm ok with paying a little over the top for this dlc, cause at least WC delivers. there are so many games out there that are either rushed and are garbage or totally abandoned. at least WC keep coming out with new things. and in my opinion if you are going to complain about it this much move on and find another game that fits your needs, cause some of us actually really enjoy this game and if that makes us quote "blind fanboys/girls" as you call them then so be it, move on. the only thing that your proving by staying here is that A, you actually really like the game and are just upset cause you actually have to pay for something now, or B, you hate this game or its developers and just want to be trolls to everyone who actually likes playing Ark

12 minutes ago, SasquatchJ07 said:
3 minutes ago, SasquatchJ07 said:

also 20 of groceries, how is that worth four days. do you only buy roman and soda? i'm a father and i can tell you i spend more than that in four days on groceries. 

Maybe because you have more to spend than i have? surprise: there are poorer people than you that play videogames! raptorface. 

4 hours ago, SasquatchJ07 said:

i love that everyone who is for paying for the dlc or anything of that type is automatically a child. im a tax paying adult here too and just because i support this doesnt mean i'm a child. agian we've covered that 20 may have been a little much but when you compare it to other games that have come out, at least its worth something. look at no mans sky. i paid 60 for that game and in my opinion, was a total waste  of money. there are worse games out there and you know, i'm ok with paying a little over the top for this dlc, cause at least WC delivers. there are so many games out there that are either rushed and are garbage or totally abandoned. at least WC keep coming out with new things. and in my opinion if you are going to complain about it this much move on and find another game that fits your needs, cause some of us actually really enjoy this game and if that makes us quote "blind fanboys/girls" as you call them then so be it, move on. the only thing that your proving by staying here is that A, you actually really like the game and are just upset cause you actually have to pay for something now, or B, you hate this game or its developers and just want to be trolls to everyone who actually likes playing Ark

for the last time , if you do not understand this , Oh well , I will not reply to you again , I DO NOT CARE IF IT WAS EVEN FREE , IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY . THERE ARE TO MANY ISSUE AND UNFINISHED WORK WITH THE CORE GAME NOT BEING RELEASED BEFORE THEY DECIDE THEY NEED TO SELL PAID DLC TO GET THEIR STRIPPER MOENY. FINISH THE GAME , AND I WOULD HAVE GIVEN THEM 50$ FOR THE DLC, IF it was worth it.

IT IS CALLED FINISHING THE CORE FIRST. PRIORITIES .That you as an " adult " Should understand.

what i dont understand is why you are complaining still about this if it frustrates you that much. leave the wild card pages, leave everything having to do with ark and put it behind you and find a different game, its called an alpha or game preview for a reason. in the disclaimer it says it is not a finished game and that there will be bugs. it says it in the print and as clearly as your ALL CAPS LETTERS that there will be bugs with it. if your upset about money get a refund i did on multiple games i hated, and if that not the case than you truly are just trolling the threads

4 hours ago, SasquatchJ07 said:

what i dont understand is why you are complaining still about this if it frustrates you that much. leave the wild card pages, leave everything having to do with ark and put it behind you and find a different game, its called an alpha or game preview for a reason. in the disclaimer it says it is not a finished game and that there will be bugs. it says it in the print and as clearly as your ALL CAPS LETTERS that there will be bugs with it. if your upset about money get a refund i did on multiple games i hated, and if that not the case than you truly are just trolling the threads

This proves that you are beyond hope. You say your a father yet do not understand basics of getting jobs done in order. Fact is they dropped the ball they admitted they dropped the ball on this , and you still make excuses for them . This post says all that anyone needs to know, and as for @Jat , This is the type of fanboy that you can take to the cleaners. As for the rest of us , Finish the game we paid you for before any more PAID ALPHA DLC , for a game that as this person just pointed out , is still in game preview.

you say i'm defending them when i'm not. not once have i stated that they didn't screw this up. all i have been saying is that i actually enjoyed this dlc and i'm tired of people complaining about having to pay for it. i understand that they shouldn't have charged so much for it but at the same time i see why they won't give it up for free. and as for understanding the basics of getting jobs done in order i am fully aware of how to do this. you are mad at them for not completing the main game and fully releasing it, understandable, but don't get mad at people and at WC for making this dlc. maybe they needed a break from the main game and needed to do a little side project. your so quick to get after them when all they did was over charge a little for a dlc and released it before the game fully released. 

You keep on droning on and on about money. You will not change the fact That they Put off the CORE update , for over a month in order for them to roll out a distraction. We GET IT , You are in love with ark and wildcard you can stop defending them. The point is that they screwed over 1000's of players over misplaced focus. Focus that NEEDED to be on the core update, which failed costing 100's of hours of game play. You know why there are not more players in the forum , showing how they feel that they have been wronged ?

It's people like you that cry alpha , beta , so what if they charged a little , or a little to much , who cares .

THE THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS THAT GOT SCREWED CARE, About their games that GOT WIPED OVER WILDCARD NOT HAVING THE DECENCY to have ALL THE TEAM on a single focus , DON'T SCREW UP THE CORE GAME.

Yet Did they do that ? No, Making 20$'s is a bigger deal to them THEN FIXING OR EVEN FINISHING THE CORE GAME. You really do not have any hope of understanding this , ever . I get that now.

This is the point where you leave. You are the one that is happy with the 50% effort that they phoned in.  You are not the majority. Sadly . How many players have they lost do to this . You will never know.