ARK: Scorched Earth Expansion Pack!

Jatheish

Oh and another thing people are complaining that the game is buggy, tell what can an artist do about coding? What can a texture maker, a level designer, sound designer or anyone who isn't a programmer do about coding? You people need to learn games are a team effort, and you put your members on different jobs, they could have several arista working on many different things and their programmers working on bugs, and as a small company their workers have more jobs doing many things, larger companies have more people to get work done and fine tune the game, so you need to understand the game is getting worked on, it will be done, you just have to let their small team work at their pace without them keeling over due to over working themselves.

so have tried everything people have said about playing it without mods restarting the server and even dying. still cant get the special skins. i understand that the manticore helmet and shield and the wyvern gloves probably get unlocked dealing with some thing with those critters but cant get the starter skins, it would be nice if someone could tell me how to fix this or if it still is a bug with the new release. also how do you get the scorched skins for the spear and torch and sword, it would be nice if wildcard could clarify these things. also stop complaining about having to pay for dlc, i understand it sucks considering game is not even out of alpha, but no amount of complaining is going to change it. at least it not like minecraft where your paying that much just for a stupid skin pack or fallout 4 where it that price for a workshop update. at least it adds a ton of stuff. 

so my pal on skype discovered something

[4:21:38 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: So I just found out something
[4:22:02 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: Theres a reason why Scorched Earth was released when it was
[4:22:15 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: And it has nothing to do with the Lawsuit
[4:22:48 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: IT WAS ANNOUNCED TO BE RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER MONTHS AGO
[4:23:18 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: It was pushed into the EA timeline because the main game got pished back
[4:23:41 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: Arks full release was supposed to be back in June
[4:24:06 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: It got pushed back to November due to additional connent being added

double checked my friend's (Frost's) findings.

He's absolutely right. We were TOLD about Scorched Earth a long while ago.

I have just downloaded and paid for the DLC but cannot access the game. This may be a stupid question but can someone tell me how I can access  and play the new Scorced Earth DLC. Every time I try to play from the game from the Host Ark Settings screen it take me to the Download page, where it shows me that it is installed. Thanks all and btw great game

11 hours ago, kyleslev said:

its called LACK OF RESOURCES  TO GET WORK FINISHED ON THE UNFINISHED ALPHA . FINISH THE GAME. THEN DO PAID DLC . SHOW THE CORE GAME THE SAME LOVE. HAD THEY DONE THAT , THIS WOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE .

ONE DAY YOU MAY UNDERSTAND

You do realize games are never finished right an with the amount of updates an patches they release you should be thankful to wildcard cause I sure as hell don't see activision fixing there broken released games can't see EA doing the same thing either.

Instead of bitching show a little respect.

I agree that the main game still has problems but as far as paid dlc goes it's one of the best even if it does crash anytime your near the Dragon canyon.

1 hour ago, RaidingBandit said:

I have just downloaded and paid for the DLC but cannot access the game. This may be a stupid question but can someone tell me how I can access  and play the new Scorced Earth DLC. Every time I try to play from the game from the Host Ark Settings screen it take me to the Download page, where it shows me that it is installed. Thanks all and btw great game

The 5.3 gig is just part of the download you also need to update the main ark game with a 23 gig update or that's what I had to do.

37 minutes ago, SatansPegasus said:

You do realize games are never finished right an with the amount of updates an patches they release you should be thankful to wildcard cause I sure as hell don't see activision fixing there broken released games can't see EA doing the same thing either.

I agree that the main game still has problems but as far as paid dlc goes it's one of the best even if it does crash anytime your near the Dragon canyon.

I agree games are always worked on...that is not what is upsetting people....

For me it is like I paid a construction company to build me a house roof tight.....not finished on the inside but a functional house....finished product.  If that contractor then  stopped working on my house.....or used some of their resources to build....say an amazing swing set for my kids to play on.....but my roof still leaked because it wasn't shingled yet.....I would be upset.  My kid would want the swing set to play on...because they would not see the complexity of the injustice that was occurring.

It is Wildcard who needs to show respect....you are confused there Sir.  It is FOOLISH to think because other companies can be irresponsible that that should give Wildcard the right to also be greedy....just not as bad.....and then you suggest we should be happy that they are not as bad as others..........that is ridiculous....they still acted poorly imo.

I know a lot will buy the swing set to play on....but when it rains and the house leaks to the point where it starts to rot away...don't be surprised if the contractor is nowhere to be found.

Peace

1 hour ago, RipWinkle said:

For me it is like I paid a construction company to build me a house roof tight.....not finished on the inside but a functional house....finished product.  If that contractor then  stopped working on my house.....or used some of their resources to build....say an amazing swing set for my kids to play on.....but my roof still leaked because it wasn't shingled yet.....I would be upset.  My kid would want the swing set to play on...because they would not see the complexity of the injustice that was occurring.

It is Wildcard who needs to show respect....you are confused there Sir.  It is FOOLISH to think because other companies can be irresponsible that that should give Wildcard the right to also be greedy....just not as bad.....and then you suggest we should be happy that they are not as bad as others..........that is ridiculous....they still acted poorly imo.

I know a lot will buy the swing set to play on....but when it rains and the house leaks to the point where it starts to rot away...don't be surprised if the contractor is nowhere to be found.

Peace

Actually it's more like they were building a standalone garage next to the house at the same time as the house, but since the garage is a lot smaller then the house it was completed first. So now your mad at the contractor for finishing the garage first and not the main house because you are pushing them to much to move in. They gave us a date for the house to be done, but then the plans change and a lot more was added to the house and your upset because the date got moved back so they could facilitate the new additions...

I've been playing SE for a few days now and I've just tamed a lymantria and I just can't help but feel that their almost completely useless as a tame, its basically a more useless pteranadon with less stam and a little bit faster than an argy, and their useless even in early game and I feel that if their spores did torpor even if it was just a small amount of torpor like enough to knock out a low level player it would make the lymantria 100 times more usefull even in late game and also add a danger when hunting and taming them. I hope you consider my suggestion  

Thanks, but no thanks, not interested. The base game still has far too many issues for me to invest any more time or money into it. I've already wasted hours re-taming dinos to replace tames that have just disappeared. This is an issue with basic functionality/mechanics that has been lingering as long as I can remember and is still not addressed. Releasing this dlc tells me the devs think the game is finished and or have no intention of addressing existing issues. I have no interest in investing in a developer that has no intention of delivering a finished product. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

4 hours ago, RipWinkle said:

Peace

Well I won't say much but people will always find something to complain about its just human nature.

4 hours ago, DHoffman24 said:

Actually it's more like they were building a standalone garage next to the house at the same time as the house, but since the garage is a lot smaller then the house it was completed first. So now your mad at the contractor for finishing the garage first and not the main house because you are pushing them to much to move in. They gave us a date for the house to be done, but then the plans change and a lot more was added to the house and your upset because the date got moved back so they could facilitate the new additions...

I would have put faith in the contractor that they would realize that I would want to live in my house before I would be interested in parking my car somewhere..... and that they would responsibly a lot their resources accordingly.  The expansion was being worked on....I get that...but when the CORE GAME was delayed one would think that that should be a focus....I don't see how this doesn't bother people....your buying an expansion for a game that isn't even released.....how does that sound right?...WOW.

Peace

12 hours ago, SatansPegasus said:

THE KEY POINT YOU ARE MISSING IN YOUR OWN POST IS THAT IT IS DLC THAT IS POST FULL RELEASE WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE SUCH A HARD TIME GRASPING THIS CONCEPT ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? FFS . ITS CALLED GET TO RELEASE BEFORE HAVING ANYONE WORKING ON ANYTHING OTHER THEN THE CORE GAME ... RELEASE PAID DLC AFTER THE GAME IS DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE ... AND YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THIS COULD NOT WAIT ANOTHER 4 MONTHS WHILE THEY FINISHED THE FRIGGING GAME ? it is " DUE FOR FULL LRELEASE IN NOV" WELL WOOPTY FRIGGING DO. I WOULD HAVE PAID 40 FOR THIS DLC IN NOV AFTER THE GAME WAS FINISHED.

AS OF NOW AND FORWARD THEY WILL NEVER SEE ANOTHER CENT , AND I ALSO GOT MY REFUNDS SO. I'M NOW WAITING FOR THIS TO GO TO DISCOUNT BINS BEFORE I MESS WITH ANY MORE COPYS OTHER THEN ONE . Which I KEPT. Cuss lets face it , IF I RETURNED ALL OF THEM , Why SHOULD I CARE IF THEY EVER COMPLETE A JOB AND SAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT FULL RELEASE THE CORE GAME IS DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

THESE GUYS IF IN HIGHSCHOOL/ COLLEGE WOULD WANT TO TURN IN HALF AN ASSIGNMENT , THEN ASK FOR MORE TIME , THEN TURN IN SOMETHING THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT IT IS THEY HAD BEEN TASKED WITH COMPLETING THE FIRST TIME.

THAT IS FACT , LOOK AT THE GAME. And if you argue any of this , Get your nose out of wildcards REARS, KISSING THEM WILL NOT EARN YOU BROWNIES. Not the kind that is safe to eat .

11 hours ago, Shadlos said:

so my pal on skype discovered something

[4:21:38 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: So I just found out something
[4:22:02 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: Theres a reason why Scorched Earth was released when it was
[4:22:15 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: And it has nothing to do with the Lawsuit
[4:22:48 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: IT WAS ANNOUNCED TO BE RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER MONTHS AGO
[4:23:18 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: It was pushed into the EA timeline because the main game got pished back
[4:23:41 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: Arks full release was supposed to be back in June
[4:24:06 AM] Straw Hat Luffy: It got pushed back to November due to additional connent being added

double checked my friend's (Frost's) findings.

He's absolutely right. We were TOLD about Scorched Earth a long while ago.

Does your friend have proof of a November release 

2 hours ago, kyleslev said:

THE KEY POINT YOU ARE MISSING IN YOUR OWN POST IS THAT IT IS DLC THAT IS POST FULL RELEASE WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE SUCH A HARD TIME GRASPING THIS CONCEPT ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? FFS . ITS CALLED GET TO RELEASE BEFORE HAVING ANYONE WORKING ON ANYTHING OTHER THEN THE CORE GAME ... RELEASE PAID DLC AFTER THE GAME IS DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE ... AND YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THIS COULD NOT WAIT ANOTHER 4 MONTHS WHILE THEY FINISHED THE FRIGGING GAME ? it is " DUE FOR FULL LRELEASE IN NOV" WELL WOOPTY FRIGGING DO. I WOULD HAVE PAID 40 FOR THIS DLC IN NOV AFTER THE GAME WAS FINISHED.

AS OF NOW AND FORWARD THEY WILL NEVER SEE ANOTHER CENT , AND I ALSO GOT MY REFUNDS SO. I'M NOW WAITING FOR THIS TO GO TO DISCOUNT BINS BEFORE I MESS WITH ANY MORE COPYS OTHER THEN ONE . Which I KEPT. Cuss lets face it , IF I RETURNED ALL OF THEM , Why SHOULD I CARE IF THEY EVER COMPLETE A JOB AND SAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT FULL RELEASE THE CORE GAME IS DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

THESE GUYS IF IN HIGHSCHOOL/ COLLEGE WOULD WANT TO TURN IN HALF AN ASSIGNMENT , THEN ASK FOR MORE TIME , THEN TURN IN SOMETHING THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT IT IS THEY HAD BEEN TASKED WITH COMPLETING THE FIRST TIME.

THAT IS FACT , LOOK AT THE GAME. And if you argue any of this , Get your nose out of wildcards REARS, KISSING THEM WILL NOT EARN YOU BROWNIES. Not the kind that is safe to eat .

Have you ever thought that people like you are the reason their taking their sweet time about finishing the game? I mean with all the rude and complaining people like you over the place, maybe their trying to teach yall a lesson about being patient and not treating them like their servants to yall (not kissing anyone's rear behinds just being completely honest about this whole situation)

To the people complaining at wildcard for releasing this and being sacks of smeg over this new update, go to hell. I don't care what you do. gay or straight, black or white, I don't care. Go to hell.

You know, I'd be a miserable wad of phiomia smegma about paid dlcs if it wasn't for the fact that I paid 30 bucks for a dinosaur themed survival game and got around 1,500 hours (and counting) of my moneys worth back having fun. 

Wildcard is doing some weird or seedy crap. All gaming companies do.

The titanosaur's temporary tame being a secret, the delaying of the official release, and the vagueness of the endgame plans and official release. 

I don't like what's going on but unless I'm in the office programming the bug fixes myself I'm not going to get all pissy because of a possibly glitch Dlc. They've been working on it anyway so I guess we can take it and hope that the cash goes towards optimizing SurvE and ScorchE.

Also, programmer dudes, you could help. Unless you know how hard it is to fix game breaking bugs with no money at your disposal.

On 4-9-2016 at 4:26 AM, DHoffman24 said:

So what is wrong with putting down 20 dollars to help out one of your favorite companies? I have spent hundreds of hours in this game and would gladly help them out a bit to continue delivering content to this game. Seriously why would you want the game released yet when they can keep adding in more content and keep it alive!

Ark is one of my favorite games. But no, WC hasn't been my favorite gaming company for a long time, let alone favorite company. 
They don't act like professionals, they don't communicate in any way, important information has to be found on 3rd party websites. Content of updates that's free get's pushed back further and further, but when there is something they can make some money on: no delay at all. 
Again: this is one of my favorite games, but Wildcard can learn A LOT from Paradox.  

Edited by panteni87

14 hours ago, kyleslev said:

the center was dlc, primitive plus is dlc what your all bitching about is the fact you gotta pay for it its got raptor all to do with it been pre release your all just crying cause you gotta pay for it this time.

I'll agree that the price might be a little too steep for some people but thats all.

On 04/09/2016 at 4:46 AM, DHoffman24 said:

Oh and another thing people are complaining that the game is buggy, tell what can an artist do about coding? What can a texture maker, a level designer, sound designer or anyone who isn't a programmer do about coding? You people need to learn games are a team effort, and you put your members on different jobs, they could have several arista working on many different things and their programmers working on bugs, and as a small company their workers have more jobs doing many things, larger companies have more people to get work done and fine tune the game, so you need to understand the game is getting worked on, it will be done, you just have to let their small team work at their pace without them keeling over due to over working themselves.

LOL. Do you seriously believe that the wildcard devs can only do one thing? That someone who is making the dino models can do literally nothing else except make dino models? 

Anyway, those people still could've been working on the core game. There are still 30 something dinos that need to be added, not to mention tek tier which would very much require all the "artists" you mentioned. You cannot deny that there has been a drastic development slow down in the past months. 

59 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

LOL. Do you seriously believe that the wildcard devs can only do one thing? That someone who is making the dino models can do literally nothing else except make dino models? 

Anyway, those people still could've been working on the core game. There are still 30 something dinos that need to be added, not to mention tek tier which would very much require all the "artists" you mentioned. You cannot deny that there has been a drastic development slow down in the past months. 

No they definitely can be working on other stuff but for anyone who has made a good model for a game it takes hundreds of hours to get it right and looking good, you can't throw up a 2 hour model and look good as the models ark has. Most people complaining about this game don't understand the design process at all, you can easily work on dlc for a game and the core game at the same time, some companies have even had full dlc complete before the core game is even half way done.