ARK: Scorched Earth Expansion Pack!

Jatheish

we are asking alot, so give a little more

1 minute ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

The 30 bucks we originally paid was supposed to make the game. They even did way better than they expected to in terms of sales. 

They never let down? I feel pretty let down right about now. The fact that they've made DLC isn't the problem... the fact that they've made DLC and their base game isn't even starting to resemble a finished product is.

Just now, zombiewo1fy said:

cant wait to get the dlc looks awesome,

Heres what you can look forward to

- impossible almost to play on from.new char, i guess its real survival now? Some what cool

- buggy as raptor, enjoy the constant game crashes. 

It looks and feela great but... well.. nigh on impossible if you dont import

We play on an official Offline Raid Protection server & My tribe purchased the SE expansion lastnight, and we have been trying to Transfer to the Ark via the obelisk ever since with no joy - so we tried making a new character on another server & we were able to transfer with ease... when will this be fixed?

Edited by Blank3k

not buying this .. yet .. or until the base game is a helluva lot more 'polished' (as u claim the DLC ALREADY is) im running in epic / ultra and base is nice but bugs STILL and will prolly always happen BUT certain things should have been done by now instead of this DLC ... all the new dinos / creatures i was expecting in the base ARK not having to BUY another ark to gain access to them.

You have added biomes to the existing ARK why not expand the exising island outwards and place the 'scorched earth' bit there instead? or is the size of the existing ARK the max of your own hardware? You have said that you will be expanding the sea area area so i doubt the hardware is 'too' much of a problem, but then again the loading / save lag and STILL harvest lag from a bronto is still included in ARK then it just might be a stretch too far for u guys.

Credit where its due though it DOES look cool (or hot) BUT again i will not be buying into it yet .. i have a small tribe and as it stands not enough time to throw around 2 ARK's and justify playing a better polished / finished ARK instead of the base game we bought ... which as many have stated is STILL in EA / alpha whatever it is atmo, it simply is NOT released and is not a finished polished product like u claim SE is ... 

10 minutes ago, Voom65 said:

Heads up guys, In the dino tags in the code it says Annunaki Wyvern.... They stole the annunaki mod stuff and made an expansion with it. Not to mention they stopped one modder working on a desert map just like the one they released. So the devs kinda stole modders ideas then sold it to us!

If ppl are modding using wc map/basic designs and such I'm sure the rights belong to wc, most games that are modded have something like this in place (blizzard for instance with warcraft3 And starcraft(2) map editors.

Wait a minute...I just realized that "the size of content was so huge so we make it as DLC" to unfinished game with lack of new content? The game isn't finished yet and all the content used to finish it used for DLC!? Sorry it is difficult to express thoughts on non-native language...I'm really afraid to know what will be next and will we see Ark finished without planed content that will be listed as DLC :c

I don't want to believe that something like this happened! 

I'm going to clarify a few things from my ARK experiences on Scorched Earth.

Ok, to the dumbfarse who said Scorched Earth will cut your server playerbase if added: well surprise surprise, technically, EVERY server has Scorched Earth. I have an ark server with SurvivalServers, I didn't even DO anything, and it's compatable with scorched earth. For those that want an explanation, I can best describe the experience the people on my server need to go through is strange. Being a dedicated server through Nintrado, take into mind Scorched Earth is it's own map. It's not a map within the map like the broodmother arena: it's an entirely new map, like the Center. So if I wanted to have people go from my ark to Scorched Earth, I'd have to buy my own Scorched Earth server: not really something i'm game on. Having Scorched Earth myself, I can spawn in SE animals into the Island, but I made the server rules that you have to import the animals from Singleplayer via the obelisk (with admin permission). Buying Scorched Earth does not effect dedicated-server gameplay at all. It simply allows people to bring in powerful, unique animals from singleplayer or other server worlds. It doesn't affect server or standard gameplay at all.

To be frank, I see nothing wrong with Scorched Earth being paid-for. The game itself is NOWHERE near truly early access games like The Isle: ARK is MUCH more fleshed out, and is a game in and of itself already. So what if it's for release date? Pretty sure release date only means a little more update and a jack in price. I don't think people understand how FRIGGIN POWERFUL these animals are. The mantis I have completely obliterates many adversaries, and it's ability to dual-wield melee weapons makes it incredibly adaptable; the Rock Golems are absolute tanks immune to most damage, save for certain attacks and explosives; and the Wyverns are incredibly powerful: the 153 when-wild lightning wyvern I have, Maleficent, is a freaking beast. A single well-placed lightning beam, and she's got most creatures like brontos or paracers, at either half health or completely dead. These animals are incredibly powerful, and to me, it makes sense Scorched Earth is paid DLC because of the items within, and the animals themselves are so damn powerful.

To be frank, I feel this isn't really a case of "we're getting paid DLC before the game releases!" gripe. I feel like this gripe is more of "We have to pay to get our cool and overpowered animals!!". That's absolutely infantile, and I didn't think the community was that toxic. This isn't The Isle, guys. Come on.

Regardless, Jat, Wildcard Team, this expansion is amazing, very nice job working on it in secret, it's totally worth the $20 dollars, especially since I think you'll be updating that one too as you go along, right? I don't think you're quite done with scorched earth, knowing you guys. Thanks for the great work on a great game. Again, taking Game Dev classes in college, I know the process is frustrating. I completely understand how much work you had to do to make this happen, and i'm in awe of it. Nicely done. 10/10 would get chased down on my mantis by a deathworm again (we got away :D). Thanks a lot you guys, and keep it up!

So I bought the base game ark already and now I have a DLC for a game that is still in the works... It's not that big of a deal for me. I just think that when ark updated last night for me it already show that I have scorched earth Map but when I pick it takes me to the DLC page in the store..  This is a little bit aggravating because if I still have to buy it why is it showing up on game. I just don't get it

This may of been answered already but has anyone found a manticore yet or any wyverns.

Cause i've only seen two a lightning wyvern screw wyvern its a dragon and a fire both of which are near the red obelisk behind the mountains in the lava trench and the black rocky mountains.

Also do not spec the dragons speed not only do they become extremely fast but they also become extremely frigging cumbersome and can not maneuver at all.

All these people talking about "why release content like this when the main game isn't even complete." How do you know this isn't meant to be part of the main game? I get that you have to pay for it but guess what you also don't have to pay for it if other people in your tribes do cuz all the new creatures and items can be brought to you. Games take money to make, would you rather they start a GoFundMe thing rather than releasing all new content for a price? It isn't like COD or any other game where you just pay for some silly tiny map packs that all you get to do is run around in circles and shoot a gun, this is a GIANT expanse of a map with dynamic weather, temperature changes, brand new creatures (and we aren't talking just one or two), an all new way to wage war against other tribes, a new boss, and I am sure much more in the future. This is exactly what the community wanted and I can't comprehend the salt. We all wanted the Ark to work like this, where we could go from one Ark with Dinos, to another Ark with "Mythic" creatures, to another Ark, and so on, and now it is possible for this future. Do I think it is worth the price? Yes. Why? I believe in supporting games I love, especially when they release content worth it. I think some people got the wrong idea when there are "free" maps you can download as mods, which is all well and fine but mod developers agree to make these things for free and aren't allowed to make money off of content that isn't theres(copyrights) or I guarantee they would if they could. If you don't want to pay then don't, but don't act like this was the most awful decision you have ever heard of.