ARK: Scorched Earth Expansion Pack!

Jatheish

I really can't believe that you have the gall to ask for money for a dlc for an early access game. Instead of fixing whats broken in the main game, you create and entire new world that will have even more issues to add to the current ones. I thought I had found THE GAME to play with my friends but unfortunatley because of your greed you have not only broke the main game with this ridiculus 8 gig update that doesn't offer hardly anything for the people the bought your early access game, you have managed to anger a good chunk of players who will walk away from your product because asking money for a dlc for an unfinished game is an EA like sausage move.

2 hours ago, Bigchevy1984 said:

go to your xbox store. its 19.99

I see that it is listed for purchase, but can someone confirm with a clear yes or no if it is included in today's download?

Because I'm hearing people complain about having to purchase, however in this very article is says "On top of the Scorched Earth content, Xbox One player will also receive a new update "

I'm still confused. 

Jat,
Scorched Earth looks like an amazing piece of content, well worth the 20 bucks. I'm not gonna argue that point. My problem is that is incredibly detailed, has amazing creatures, all the new recipes and what not. My issue is that you guys were originally shooting for a 1 year Early Access program. June/15-June/16 Now are you gonna sit there and tell me point blank and straight faced that with all the work that went into scorched earth. All that map, all those creatures, all the new models, textures, assets. That your team couldn't have hit the 1 Year Early Access deadline that you all set for yourselves? I may be wrong and I probably can't find that post now, but I think that was one of the original statements. 

So as far as I can see, additional money was put before your promises to the original founders and I am not okay with that. At all. I'd like your thoughts and a response on this.

i almost pulled off watching the livestream. Me and my friend both had earbuds wrapped around our ears listening, then he heard wyvern or manticore (cant remember) and freaked out. His earbuds came out with the video still playing. I managed to put my phone away in time but math teacher took his. I'm buying this TODAY

What £15 this is just annoying I will buy it but damn it's pre alpha I was really disappointed when I went to load the game and it took me to the store

edit:please don't take my comment the wrong way I still love ark and thanks for the surprise all I'm saying is it's a bit annoying it's costs money however im downloading it now

2 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

The whole idea of a 'completely finished' expansion is such utter tripe.  It's like saying dinos are all done because we painted the last stripe on the tigers tail.  One of two things is the case:

1) The expansion has all the same engine based bugs as the base game so it's no more (or less) finished than the base game

2) The expansion somehow has inherited engine fixes that the base game has not.

The first just means they're being painfully misleading, the latter raises the question: why not fix the base game too.

Basically I suspect they mean they have zero plans to add any features to the expansion, fine, but that doesn't mean completely finished, it just means folks get to find all the 'fall through the world', glitchy areas, missing engrams, non-functioning items and resources(see Center Map and Prim+ DLC) and insanely unbalanced broken dinos and weapons.

3 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

The main thing I seriously need to know is how the "travel" back and forth will work with single player, or if that can even be a thing.  My worry is that for single player it will be all either one way or the other.

3 hours ago, Jodecast said:

Should be. Atleast DraaxLp is streaming singleplayer right now

Anyone have an answer to this? I play multiplayer and can't afford a server or anything. I play with 1-2 other people and we so want to do this but if it's impossible without a server, we're raptored. Because we're not going to remove our 1st world and all the work we put into it. I am super excited for new content, even if I'm sour about the price. But I need to know if it'll even work in our situation or not.

Finally got onto my server after hours of downtime and 3 crashes after less than 30 seconds of gameplay each.  Support only just the other day told me I have no choice but to run the game with startup options that make it look like its running on the 1993 DOOM engine, and now here we are again.  So, don't think I'll be buying a paid DLC when the core game is so badly optimized that it crashes constantly, and gets worse with every patch...

At least now we know why the core game has had so little focus recently.  But hey, thanks for this ~8Gb patch that brings a new door. Perhaps next patch we could get a 16Gb chocolate fire guard that costs 8k crystal, 20k ingots, and 80k poly? it would certainly be more use than a Diplo.  I cant begin to fathom how such an amazing game is gradually becoming such a colossal disappointment.  Looking forward to that 20% DX12 performance buff, or that "fix" for "Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky", oh, wait, that's "further out" right? RIGHT?

Worst thing is the DLC looks amazing, I would gladly shell out 20 bucks if I thought I would get what I see in the demo video.  I've lost all faith in the "development cycle".  I would have thought finishing the core game would take priority over working on DLC.  Releasing paid DLC before finishing the game doesn't make any sense to me, it feels like the core game is gradually being abandoned because WC cant maintain focus and stay on target, I keep hoping that next patch I'll see feature freeze and bug bashing in the patch notes, but it never comes.

Honestly I'm more that a little irritated that I spent money to support and EARLY ACCESS game that still needs lots of work and the devs have instead been busy working on paid DLC.  Finish the dang game THEN try to sell us more stuff.  I would gladly shell out some more cash for DLC if the devs gave me a finished stable core game.  Until then Wildcard won't get another dime out of me.

1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

Awesome work Devs! This is amazing looking content! I never imagined it would contain so much!

I'm gonna jump on now, head to Scorched Earth and tame myself a Jerboa!

I bet your a great guy, if we would have some beers and a talk, outside of your function at WC, the true additional opinions would emerge. But to be fair it looks great. Just insanely bad timing.

Tomorrow we'll read about Elon Musk already selling pieces of land on Mars. Why not right?