ARK: Scorched Earth Expansion Pack!

Jatheish

Won't the engram system need to be updated somehow for this?

I mean, at the very least, there's a couple dozen new SADDLES that we ought to be able to learn over on the new world.  I would assume there'd be a few more odds-and-ends in the way of tech that we'd need over there.    Does that mean our toon suddenly gets more engram points?

wait wait wait WAIT!! So what wc is saying is we once said dlc would be free to now pay for it. Did someone miss that interview when they started to roll this out. Also the reason to transfer creatures back and forth is to get people that don't have it the urge to buy it. Great marketing strategy. But there is one thing I have to say. Dedicated servers can stop all download creatures.. Just saying..

This expansion has apparently been in development from the beginning. It was already planned. And had they met their original release date, it would have been released right around the time frame when they said they wanted to release their first DLC, (three months after launch...).The way I see it, Ark's original release has been delayed only because the studio found that it wanted to do more than it originally planned and ultimately deliver a better product. You could maybe argue that's not the best way to run the development process, but I am continually awed by what this team can and is putting together. I will happily buy the DLC, enjoy it to no end, and continue to support this amazing team. I look forward to full launch with even greater anticipation.

Also, with regards to the concerns over adding fantasy creatures to ARK, I welcome the blend, and for those that want the DLC maps to remain separate, I'm sure that sooner or later there will be Vanilla Servers for various DLC that don't allow creatures from other ARKS. 

1 hour ago, fatbloke said:

seems by the lack of replies on any forum from the ark devs the new dlc is being forced in the 8.2gb update today whether uve bought it or not which is a breach of international law maybe a dev would like to reply now ayyy????

Destiny had DLC locked away in the game even if you didn't buy it... Pretty sure this is pretty legal, unless Bungie just has good liars, *cough* I mean lawyers.

1 minute ago, warcryr said:

Will i be the only sucker... 

...actually playing Scorched Earth instead of just having a mod or an admin to provide the new content for me?

maybe.  I refuse to support such a shady business practice.  They've gone back on their word multiple times and their game isn't even finished.  I've been waiting for tek tier for ages and now i find out it would be out if they didn't spend who knows how many hours on this PAID dlc?  Awful company.

So back in July there were a number of upcoming changes that folks had been waiting on that really would improve the feel of the game.  Things like fixing dinos getting stuck on trees, adding basic pathing and other AI to dinos, fixing engram layout so it wasn't such a cluster@#$*() finding things,  fixing the documentation for the devkit since it was out of date, getting better about announcing and hitting patch targets.

I will point out that was all in July of last year, 14 months ago,  I left in November and recently came back to see what had been fixed, sadly the answer is 'not a lot' but hey there are prehistoric kangaroos so there's that.

Then you promptly borked up the one half way decent semi-official mod that tried to fix balance issues by making it an official TC (looking at you prim+), apparently promptly abandoned it and released this new paid for expansion.  I suspect these mysterious creatures will also get stuck on trees (or cactuses or something), include horribly sorted engrams and some absolutely required devkit change required to support the expansion that for some inexplicable reason is tied to the base game and will be delayed for a month (see Survival of the Fittest release) thus borking many modded game servers.

So congrats on the expansion, it's a lot of work and you probably deserve a back pat but it sure would have been nice to fix some of the 16 month old bugs first.

Why would you spend time on this and not release the game is on  ps4? You can literally release the game on the system but choose to make paid dlc for pc.

Seriously you claim sony blocks you because it's early access (proven false based on numerous early access games on ps4) and even then all you have to do is just call it released and be done with it. Ark as it is can verify considered complete.

I have it on pc, I have it on xbone. But the system I actually want to play It on is ps4 yet you guys continue to mess around and seemingly put resources elsewhere. You missed multiple release dates now and now it's "it might come out sometime this or next year" yet no info still.

Your hype has died dramatically on ps4. Back in June people were eagearly awaiting but you canceled it and the junk survival of the fittest spinoff. Seriously, it's like your company is opposed to money. The biggest xbone problem was it was so popular you couldn't get in a server and that was the biggest issue for MONTHS you have a great game so why mess around with dlc now when you should be getting the game out first?!?

2 minutes ago, usrevenge said:

Why would you spend time on this and not release the game is on  ps4? You can literally release the game on the system but choose to make paid dlc for pc.

Seriously you claim sony blocks you because it's early access (proven false based on numerous early access games on ps4) and even then all you have to do is just call it released and be done with it. Ark as it is can verify considered complete.

I have it on pc, I have it on xbone. But the system I actually want to play It on is ps4 yet you guys continue to mess around and seemingly put resources elsewhere. You missed multiple release dates now and now it's "it might come out sometime this or next year" yet no info still.

Your hype has died dramatically on ps4. Back in June people were eagearly awaiting but you canceled it and the junk survival of the fittest spinoff. Seriously, it's like your company is opposed to money. The biggest xbone problem was it was so popular you couldn't get in a server and that was the biggest issue for MONTHS you have a great game so why mess around with dlc now when you should be getting the game out first?!?

My point exactly they don't care about the people who want it on the Ps4. At this point it looks like we will never get the game and ive lost all faith in them as developers

The salt is strong with this thread...

Nah but in all seriousness it was poor timing to release before the game was completed but still they've claimed scorched earth is "complete and polished" so this should give us a taste of what the full game will run like. The only real complaint i have is that this wasn't a standalone dlc, means i have to download the god damn 24GB update and the 5GB scorched earth before i can play it -.-