ARK: Scorched Earth Expansion Pack!

Jatheish

They released an expansion for a game that we paid money for already. A game that has not yet officially released. A game that i have been told constantly since purchasing that it is in "alpha state" and will be finished.

Im not happy. How about finishing and officially releasing the product people already paid for before you try to reach back into our wallets for more.

I may be done with Wildcard on principal alone.

Outside of that, the release looks awesome. 

There seems to be a bunch of unanswered questions, though:

1 - it doesn't mention compatibility with The Center

2- for people running Unofficial Servers, does this mean we'll actually need a 2nd server so players can travel between Scorched Earth and The Center?

3 - will craftable items learned in Scorched Earth be able to be crafted on The Center or only while in Scorched Earth?

Sorry, but are you kidding me? You have released paid DLC as big as main game, for game which hasn't been finished yet. ARK: Survival Evolved is still not finished, you missed your first release date and you still waste resources and money for DLC, even though the main game has the worst optimisation players have ever seen, full of bugs and lackluster gameplay. I see it now. You want to stay in Early Access forever, because it's convenient for you, isn't it? This is really disgusting, I don't believe ARK:SE would be ever finished. 

36 minutes ago, DinoDash said:

I'd love this if it were a bit more realistic, they might as well add ridiculously oversized weapons and extravagant armor.

You....have an implant in your arm.....there are 3 floating obelisks in the sky.... you ride on the back of dinosaurs.....you want realism? Go outside. 

3 minutes ago, Bloodlu5tedPeon said:

You....have an implant in your arm.....there are 3 floating obelisks in the sky.... you ride on the back of dinosaurs.....you want realism? Go outside. 

I was referring to the mythological aspects of scorched earth. I think si fi is realistic in that it COULD be possible, but magical creatures are not. But I don't have to buy scorched earth so it doesn't really matter.

41 minutes ago, waterKeeper said:

My main takeaway from the article is that the new desert has more survival mechanics, i.e. water is scarce and weather that kills, and to me that is more realistic than the current maps.

Yeah, especially with Wyverns and dragons and mantis creatures you can ride.  Way more realistic.

Looks awesome!

But like others here have also said, I am worried about the fact that Wildcard suddenly releases a paid DLC even though the main game is not finished yet and the DLC might bring balance issues.
But I guess, at least now it's clear why the update speed of the main game has been a little slow recently.

1 minute ago, Orion said:

Kind of a bad practice, releasing an expansion pack for another $20 when your primary game is still unfinished and unreleased in it's official form.

Yeah but lets be real on this.  No mans sky $60 Ark $29.99+20 for the expansion. In my opinion this is still $10 cheaper and you get way more for your money.  Yes its buggy but they are still adding more and more every month. I haven't played a game this much since EVE. Oh yeah no monthly sub...... Still worth it in my book maybe a little in bad taste but worth it.

1 minute ago, Sanbo said:

Yeah but lets be real on this.  No mans sky $60 Ark $29.99+20 for the expansion. In my opinion this is still $10 cheaper and you get way more for your money.  Yes its buggy but they are still adding more and more every month. I haven't played a game this much since EVE. Oh yeah no monthly sub...... Still worth it in my book maybe a little in bad taste but worth it.

Actually, it's more of the fact that for probably the past 4-6 months they've been primarily working on this Expansion Pack, while both the PC and Xbox Version of the original game is still extremely buggy (such as falling through maps, dinos phasing through floors), horribly optimized and now it feels like they're trying to push off the original game by saying; "look, SE is way better and we're going to be focusing all of our effort on it, instead of Survival."

1 minute ago, Orion said:

Actually, it's more of the fact that for probably the past 4-6 months they've been primarily working on this Expansion Pack, while both the PC and Xbox Version of the original game is still extremely buggy (such as falling through maps, dinos phasing through floors), horribly optimized and now it feels like they're trying to push off the original game by saying; "look, SE is way better and we're going to be focusing all of our effort on it, instead of Survival."

Oh no I hear you.  I'm currently on a PP+ server trust me I understand that.  That's why I said it was in bad taste.  I was just trying to say this game has provided me more playtime for the $$ spent than most AAA games.

So, instead of getting the original game fixed we get another DLC and even more bugs to fix..... I'm sorry WC but thats not what I was hoping. I'm out for now and might be back when/if you ever get your act together, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here but now its over. At least for now.

Thank you for the ride!