Content not to add

Shrekasaurus

The developers absolutely come up with great content for Ark. But what are some things you guys think shouldn't be added or things you guys think should be taken out of the game? Personally, I would die if they added mechs (which is highly unlikely) because it's...........just dumb (would rather ride a Tyrannosaurus anyway).. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

I could see adding in the cars and choppers as part of a full on no taming total conversion mod, but they need to be more primitive looking. You're not gonna build yourself a Ferrari at the smithy, or even the fabricator... But you could build something like a dune buggy.

Have a couple of land vehicle options, and set it up so you can build on them. The standard dune buggy would be fast, but only have a couple of structure slots, enough for a box or two, or a turret.. Or you could build a flatbed truck that is much slower, but can have a small base on it (think Paracer platform saddle) or you could turn it into a primitive tank, complete with metal "armor" and a cannon on top.

For flying machines, the simpler the better. A glider wouldn't be out of place. A simple single prop plane might work..

Instead of a food stat, these things could have a fuel stat, stamina would be replaced by a heat gauge (which could be constantly rising while the vehicle is in use.) When the gauge is above a certain point, the vehicle starts taking "health" damage, taking it faster as the gauge goes up. Health doesn't regenerate, but the vehicle can be repaired.

17 minutes ago, Shrekasaurus said:

Maybe...Still feels like they wouldn't really fit in.

Neither does Tek Tier, but it's there.

Primitive looking vehicles with potential modifications would fit with the construction system already in place. A lot of it has a very improvisational feel (especially the spike walls) So a car that's basically a frame, engine, and really terrible wheels that you could add stuff like flaming spikes, or machine gun turrets to, that'd be fun.

No More RNG based breeding shenanigans. There's RNG in finding the dino (rare ones like Gigas), then RNG with their levels (you may never find a 150 Giga on your server in your lifetime), the RNG with rolling desirable stats (Hey, that 150 Giga has 155% melee (11 points woo), better luck next year!) then RNG with breeding a baby with better stats (Lol too bad, that 2 day hatch resulted in a Level 72 Giga! with 80% melee! Better luck next time!) and RNG with mutations! (Listen, I know you've breed your lineage to the 8th generation, but I don't feeeeeeeeeeel like giving you a mutation. Wait a couple more days breeding Gigas m8)

Lol I've done this with Pokemon already, and I can say it's not the best system. Matching genetic unpredictability for realism is nice and all but I really doubt anyone is hatching an egg going "Oh man I can't wait to have a baby Argent that's WEAKER than its parents that are no longer with us! weeee). The same with a chance to be better would be a good reward for time is all. 

On 10/03/2017 at 4:32 AM, vanyelxp5 said:

I could see adding in the cars and choppers as part of a full on no taming total conversion mod, but they need to be more primitive looking. You're not gonna build yourself a Ferrari at the smithy, or even the fabricator... But you could build something like a dune buggy.

Have a couple of land vehicle options, and set it up so you can build on them. The standard dune buggy would be fast, but only have a couple of structure slots, enough for a box or two, or a turret.. Or you could build a flatbed truck that is much slower, but can have a small base on it (think Paracer platform saddle) or you could turn it into a primitive tank, complete with metal "armor" and a cannon on top.

For flying machines, the simpler the better. A glider wouldn't be out of place. A simple single prop plane might work..

Instead of a food stat, these things could have a fuel stat, stamina would be replaced by a heat gauge (which could be constantly rising while the vehicle is in use.) When the gauge is above a certain point, the vehicle starts taking "health" damage, taking it faster as the gauge goes up. Health doesn't regenerate, but the vehicle can be repaired.

I actually like this idea and to add to it, I would like the ability to add a motor to my raft or have an engram to build a different boat that has a motor.

22 minutes ago, RagedDrew said:

I actually like this idea and to add to it, I would like the ability to add a motor to my raft or have an engram to build a different boat that has a motor.

Faster boat that can't be built on, and can only haul a single dino with the same size limit as an Argent

Perhaps a bigger version of the raft that large dinos like the Diplo, Bronto, Quetz, and Paracer can ride on. Perhaps you could choose between building structures, or adding motors to increase speed.  Base speed would be lower than the standard raft, max speed could be between standard raft and the speed boat.

On 3/9/2017 at 9:36 PM, Harrist14 said:

I don't even like them having tek stuff. I get it, obelisks, implants, backstory, blah blah, but not really what I'm looking for in a dinosaur game. 

Well, it is totally optional. If you don't want it, don't use it or make it. Plus, they have the primitive servers and if you play SP or dedicated you can simply turn the engrams off.

Topic-wise:

Vehicles.Though, rafts and some better boat-like vehicles are exceptions, they make travelling via sea a lot simpler and safer plus it doesn't take away from the whole dino taming/riding experience because when you tame a sea creature you'll more than likely use them more often than the raft, even Mosas and Plesios can be better sea dino transports, you just gotta make sure you stay above the water. I mostly mean gas-powered vehicles like cars, planes, helicopters, etc...

Complicated/Hard Tame methods: I mean stuff like the Troodon. The Titanosaur. The Tusoteuthis. These taming methods are so frustrating they make me not want to tame the dang things. To go along with this, narcotic devouring tames. Seriously, I get it, the game needs to be more challenging, but for the love of God if I have to shove narcotics down another creature's throat for a solid 1-2 hours just so it doesn't wake up after 2 minutes I won't be happy. 

That's really all the content I would have issues with. Can't exactly think of anything else.

no vehicles of any type. no boats,cars,tanks,planes or any of the sort. the raft is cool but thats where it ends.

no stronger weapons that take attention away from dinos. i would like to see dino related weapons like dino armors or add ons. turn them into living siege weapons. 

also no more content which requires time instead of skill. 

9 hours ago, Lockjaw said:

A fat, obnoxious Giga that's like 1000x stronger than the Rex. Crap, too late...

Well then, no equipment that basically makes a human more powerful than a dinosaur. Crap...

Ok then, no magic. And yeah no more vehicles, other than an air boat. Air boats would be cool.

I love everything about this

I have another one. No more barnyard animals (Equus is ok because it's the only one. I'll let it slide;)

Edit: Totally forgot about the Ovis. This REALLY looks out of place. It's also, like the Equus, just kind of "eh" to me because I see it as a joke (and I know why it's in the game, some contest or something).

Archived