Next Patch 1.2 ???

Gumballz

On 08/09/2016 at 3:19 PM, Akule said:

Looks like he is going to be posting patch notes soon.

I wonder at times why they bother having these forums.  

These are supposed to be the *official* ARK forums, yet what little communication we receive from Wildcard is either through Twitter, Discord or Reddit.

/boggles

6 hours ago, Gumballz said:

I wonder at times why they bother having these forums.  

These are supposed to be the *official* ARK forums, yet what little communication we receive from Wildcard is either through Twitter, Discord or Reddit.

/boggles

Well, to be fair, people did ask him not to post updates in the forums until he was absolutely sure of when the update would be run.

Kinda, they asked him to stop giving set dates since he never met them and never gave any updates as to why. We now know it was because he was working on the Xbox version, which turned out terrible like ours. The last update we did have, was 'few days', which was now 7 days ago.  To add for the Xbox - we now also know that the 'extensive QA' basically consisted of 'having it running'. It didn't QA any of the items within. Not really QA, and far from extensive.

We also now know the reason nothing got fixed after our patch was because he was doing stuff for PAX instead. It's like the company has its priorities entirely wrong, or at least gives the appearance as such.

Whilst I'm on the subject: A quote from complexminded's twitter

@Fixyoshizz It's OK, at the end of the day I'm just a fan/consumer so I can relate!

No, you are not a fan/consumer. You are an employee of the company he was berating. Stop being dishonest to people. It's really not difficult, try it sometime.

You just have not promised so much and you are the only one maybe, but you worked on a lot different things and make the Guys who have Servers a lot of extra Work. It was your statements after 1.1 that you will fix all Gamebreaking Bugs in about a Week, that should be 5 ago. I dont have to remember, you work for a Company, a Company who has decided to bring a DLC again, what we have to pay for. You said there was a LOT of QA and it brought Game breaking Things in P+, like the SE Clay and the P+ Clay is useless.

We did pay for an EA Game, right, not for empty Words. Just stat we should play something else, or that you cant handle it, or whatever, just dont tell us it will be, if you know, it wont.

Oh and if you have the Time for Pax, for SE, in wich Position of the Priorities we are ?

The next Point is, you get PAID for your Job, like we all get for ours, we dont tell you, just make faster, because we have to Work in the Night, dont have the Money or alle those Things. Just make your Job, nothing else and if you are not able to do it, just let us know, if you read here, you can see a lot of People already think so and went to other Things then P+.

24 minutes ago, complexminded said:

Sorry to disappoint!  Remember, I am the only person maintaining all the work for this mod.

This is entirely irrelevant to us as customers. Whether it is just yourself, or a team working on this mod, the fact of the matter is things have been promised/stated, and you did not deliver. Not only that, you then chose to ignore us entirely and go and do PAX. The priorities are entirely wrong, you have a broken/buggy product out as official DLC for around 2 months now. That is ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Gumballz said:

Then you may need to have a word with your managers to spend some of that cash they made from the 6+million sales of ARK

Well, they did have to spend 40 million to settle that lawsuit against them. Presumably that is the reason for the DLC.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/16/11443486/ark-survival-evolved-lawsuit-trendy-wildcard-stieglitz-noncompete

Just now, Akule said:

Well, they did have to spend 40 million to settle that lawsuit against them. Presumably that is the reason for the DLC.

http://kotaku.com/ark-survival-evolved-developers-settle-lawsuit-1771234316

Right, so your saying it ok to miss manage money and contracts and charge the consumer for their mistakes ?

Just now, Gumballz said:

Right, so your saying it ok to miss manage money and contracts and charge the consumer for their mistakes ?

No. Violating the noncompete clause was their fault.

Your post makes the assumption that they are rolling around in cash, and not working on the game. I am just mentioning a reason why things might be a little tight on their end.

7 hours ago, Jimmy NoShoes said:

we now also know that the 'extensive QA' basically consisted of 'having it running'. It didn't QA any of the items within. Not really QA, and far from extensive.

You forget sir that the game is still early access.

We are effectively all playing on live Test Servers.  They can basically forgo any testing, as long as it runs. its fine.

Although most credible software houses do some testing before releasing to alpha/beta/early access, less scrupulous ones generally ignore that step.  

And even that's fine, because here comes some more shiny bling...oooOOOOOOOOOOooooo.. aren't they awesome. : )

Archived