Next Patch 1.2 ???

Gumballz

@complexminded  your last post dated August 14 ......

1.1 is out in the wild.  I will continue to iterate to get all these bugs fixed.  Just a heads up, I got a report that to make cement you need to harvest new limestone.  Not sure of the validity but just a heads up in case you see the same thing!

Next patch will likely be in a week or so barring any game-breaking issues that may arise!

It appears you have been swallowed up by the quagmire of silence that seems to afflict WIldcard since then.

Can we have an update as to when the next patch is due, and which bugs it will attempt to fix?

Cheers.

To be honest, i couldnt even believe, if they would say something. Ced was obviously only busy with SE to get our best, our Money. They are more then obviously not interested in getting P+ to work. He promised a Patch who will fix all Game Breaking Things in ~1 Week, thats nearly 3 Weks ago and nothing happends. Oh, sorry, im wrong, there are more Bugs right now, just try to go fishing with the Rod.

Yeah, so my userbase asked to switch to scorched earth.  They don't want to wait around in limbo for another month or three for prim to get the love and affection it needs.  At least with scorched earth they know they have the entire ark dev team behind it, and not just one overworked guy.  Chances are we will revisit primitive+ when they get bored with scorched earth, and hopefully by then it will be a lot more polished.  I really liked what it was supposed to be, but it just isn't ready.

Now you all just have to hope that the people asking for primitive+ on scorched earth dont get priority over just getting the base prim stuff fixed first.

Actually I believe in a few months (1-3) we will see Prim+ pulled from the official DLC product line. Prim+ was simply a requirement to get Cedric in order to cross over much of Prim+ to SE and now that SE is live with a bunch of Prim+ items, Prim+ doesn't add anything to increase additional sales of ARK. Therefore Prim+ was an obligatory requirement only for a few months. It's clear that it is honestly the most trash WC has put out even for an EA title and there is no interest nor business reason to work on it. SE has swallowed Prim+.

You have to be aware that Cedric was hired by WC in March, possibly before hand. He is in a video dated back in March, where he states the best time for him was being employed by the company. They've therefore had ~5 months to get this DLC in good order. I doubt it will get pulled at this stage. But I am not expecting any speedy patches for it any time soon.

Copied from a steam post I made, which I feel fits here to a degree.

It's not that I have no faith in the developers, it's the fact they are coming across as pathological liars. I mean just look at Complexmindeds words to us regarding Primi+ from when it went 'official'. It doesn't 'seem' to be ignored, it quite simply 'is ignored'. Then of course look at Jat's communication for the delays of Primi+ on the Xbox. He stated 'Extensive QA'. This clearly has not happened since it is equally as broken as the PC release, if not more, at this stage. Any basic QA would have picked up on the issues listed immediately.

If they are unable to focus on different parts equally, then they are spreading themselves too thin for a project of too large a scale for them to handle. On that front, they need to admit that, focus on core areas, and stop trying to support features they don't have to time to currently support, ie: primi+. Instead of making it an official broken mess, they should have kept it as a mod and complex could have updated it when he had a spare hour or 2 outside of his employment with WC. For the list of fixes we got in the patch (that worked at least), it most certainly did not take nearly 3 weeks to do those as we would be led to believe.

1 hour ago, Gumballz said:

They promised to fix/increase the RCON support back in July 2015 when the feature was released.........still waiting.

Let us not forget the Server Game Logging command for linux as well which causes them to crash. Or the unstable Raw UDP sockets issue that is still ongoing. 

Its like they add something, get it half working, then move on. Maybe it is commitment issues?

• Unable to commit to keeping a contract agreement with a previous company
  • Unable to commit to release schedules and releasing upcoming content on time.
  • Unable to commit to providing content promised for the base game (looking at you DLC).
  • Unable to commit to fixing issues in a timely manner unless it (for the most part here), directly affects them and their own servers.
  • Unable to commit to being honest
  • Unable to commit to providing basic communication with the community on outstanding, or even current issues

Salty gamer side is showing again. Back to my hole I go :-p

Actually I feel you are on the right track Jimmy, this is clearly a company that needs a seasoned management team, one NOT containing any Devs. One who can say This is the current work flow, we applauded new ideas and developments, but they don't automatically jump to the head of the line cause they are still shiny and new. 

Also I feel Ced was clearly setup to take a fall here, all the work arounds to make an .ini file based engram structure somewhat work, and they are using table edits and sorts to rearrange the engrams data in Scorched Earth. They couldn't have lent the dbase guy to Ced for like 4 days? Ced has all the data just needs to have a modular table swap server side. Do we get that? Nope. Ced was allowed to flounder around out here getting hammered fairly relentlessly clearly so they wouldn't have to reveal that the Devs were busy on a new cash initiative.

56 minutes ago, Askadiel said:

He has promised and announced so much and then ?

Well, people in the forums didn't want him to promise deadlines that he couldn't meet, so I imagine that is why he hasn't mentioned a timetable. Now that he is done with PAX and some of his extra duties, it looks like he is turning back toward bug crushing for Primitive +.

Of course, that's only speculation based off of what he has said here in the past and his updates on Twitter.

10 minutes ago, Akule said:

He posted that he is compiling the bug reports now:

I'm hoping it will be included with the patch, but I am not expecting it. Previously, they did the previous Primitive + update outside of the official patch schedule. Hopefully it will be soon.

I've heard it all before. The problem is will this patch be like 1.1 in which 1/2 of what said "fixed" wasn't really fixed? I've lost confidence in certain peoples coding ability. I sense some got jobs at WC based on qualities other than experience or education and are just learning as they go without any QC checks or requirements.

He needs to compile the Bug Reports ? After alls he ned is in this Thread ? I just cant believe what he writes, sorry. 2 or 3 Days ago, he wrote Patch Notes coming soon....... 

And @Jimmy NoShoes, thank you for all here, you did a LOT more without any Payment, then all those Guys, called Community Manager, or Primitive Plus Guys, or whatever they give them for Names. And the Top is, they are still not able, to pick that up and work with it.

Shame, shame, shame on them....and again shame for lieing again.

I believe, they want P+ to be broken, so that noone plays it and they can sell their DLC. Nothing else makes sense in my Opinion. But who would buy an DLC, if they cant handle their other DLC, no matter if payd, or not.

Archived