The Big Boys (Giganotosaurus,Spinosaurus,Tyrannosaurus

Shrekasaurus

When I think of the three top predators of Ark. I think of the Giga, Spino and the Rex. The Spino for versatility and speed, the Giga for health and the Rex for power. Thats why I want the Giga's stats to be comparable to the stats of a Rex or Spino and not so much more astronomically large in size. I think they should make it so the Giga has more health, the Spino more speed and the Rex have the power. This would allow for better battles to occur instead of Giga's eating everything. There should be a trifecta of top carnivores not Giga eats everything. To me that's lost potential. Ofcourse in this case the stats of these creatures would be balanced and none would be overpowered if you know what I mean. I think I've seen a topic like this one before, but why not have it again. They could take the rage mechanic away. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
12 hours ago, steelshiv said:

I agree. I remember the days when having a couple rexes meant something. Now they're pretty much just for egg-laying. PvP with dinos has turned into 'bring gigas and quetzs or go home'. It's be nice for a re-balance of dino stats but the community outcry would be intense. 

The problem is, people still see the rex as the apex predator in this game but he's simply not.

It's the same as when you tame a rex, now your carno is just another egg layer. Nobody laments that they wish their carno was still viable. So as it is with the rex. The giga is the apex predator. Once you tame it, your rex IS just another egg layer.

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The problem is, people still see the rex as the apex predator in this game but he's simply not.

It's the same as when you tame a rex, now your carno is just another egg layer. Nobody laments that they wish their carno was still viable. So as it is with the rex. The giga is the apex predator. Once you tame it, your rex IS just another egg layer.

At least the Carno has a turning circle worth talking about. I utterly despise the Rex because it's ridiciulously hard to steer. I really don't get why they still haven't introduced mouse+keys assisted steering.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Duffried said:

At least the Carno has a turning circle worth talking about. I utterly despise the Rex because it's ridiciulously hard to steer. I really don't get why they still haven't introduced mouse+keys assisted steering.

Rex's worst enemy:

o.jpg

5 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Nobody laments that they wish their carno was still viable. So as it is with the rex. The giga is the apex predator. Once you tame it, your rex IS just another egg layer.

I do.  i want to to be much faster than the Rex but do less damage, the raptor even more so.  Yes, it won't beat one, but it would fill a different niche.

Gigas being the only land dino anyone uses is a problem.  It could still be the biggest baddest mofo out there, but maybe it could be the equivalent of 2 equal level rexes, rather than 10+

12 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I'm pretty sure that the Earth-Shaker Rexes on my Ark would take offense at that.

16 hours ago, Smash said:

I do.  i want to to be much faster than the Rex but do less damage, the raptor even more so.  Yes, it won't beat one, but it would fill a different niche.

Gigas being the only land dino anyone uses is a problem.  It could still be the biggest baddest mofo out there, but maybe it could be the equivalent of 2 equal level rexes, rather than 10+

Uh...this has been the same for ages. Best dino is added everyone uses it and complains cause "[insert most powerful dino here]are the only land dino that everyone users" blah blah. People will cry when a more powerful dino than the Giga is released saying "i wish my giga could take on an xyz, xyz being the only land dino anyone uses is a problem". Seriously get over it. People will always pick the most powerful dino in the game.

41 minutes ago, MultiKore said:

People will cry when a more powerful dino than the Giga is released saying "i wish my giga could take on an xyz, xyz being the only land dino anyone uses is a problem".

On official that will never happen.

41 minutes ago, MultiKore said:

Best dino is added everyone uses it and complains

That's because no dino should just be a straight upgrade over any other dino. Every dinosaur should be viable and fill a valid niche with it's own pros an cons. Even early game mounts like raptors and Trikes should have some form of viability all the way into the end game. It's just good game design.

33 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

On official that will never happen.

That's because no dino should just be a straight upgrade over any other dino. Every dinosaur should be viable and fill a valid niche with it's own pros an cons. Even early game mounts like raptors and Trikes should have some form of viability all the way into the end game. It's just good game design.

Lol you honestly think in arks entire future there wont be an upgrade over a giga? Cute. All you need to do is fire a couple of rockets and a giga on a pvp server and itll enrage and kick the rider off, people act like theyre invincible. Just be happy they got nerfed to the ground and are NOTHING like their wild counterparts.

39 minutes ago, MultiKore said:

Lol you honestly think in arks entire future there wont be an upgrade over a giga? Cute.

Nope, sorry. They might bring in more creatures that are stronger than the Rex, but not the Giga. At least not while the people who currently run Wildcard are in charge. There's just too much bias for this dino.

45 minutes ago, MultiKore said:

All you need to do is fire a couple of rockets and a giga on a pvp server and itll enrage and kick the rider off, people act like theyre invincible.

As opposed to other tames that would just die with you? Also, don't you think that a more experienced player/tribe would be prepared for that? You don't even need to be riding the Giga. With whistle commands the rage can be an asset rather than a liability.

1 hour ago, MultiKore said:

Just be happy they got nerfed to the ground and are NOTHING like their wild counterparts.

That actually demonstrates just how much we're being conditioned to view things the way that Wildcard wants us to view them. "As long as they're not as OP as they were then they must be balanced, right?"

Show me a tame that is anything like their wild counterparts. Show me a permanent tame that's anything like a tame Giga. Apparently even Titanosaurs ultimately lose to them due to the fact that they don't get stronger with levels.

In general I'm in agreement with this post - I hope for some kind of balancing to make other dinos viable.  I'm not saying that it would be easy to do but as things stand i just don't like how gigas fit in with everything else in game.  It is such an outlier in damage that nothing else remotely compares.  I'm fully expecting adjustments to be made to it at some point - it doesn't even level up in a similar manner to the other dinosaurs.  All level ups are meaningless on it other than damage which seems more like a work-in-progress or quick fix than a well thought out design.

2 hours ago, Lockjaw said:

As opposed to other tames that would just die with you? Also, don't you think that a more experienced player/tribe would be prepared for that? You don't even need to be riding the Giga. With whistle commands the rage can be an asset rather than a liability.

Lul, you do realise that a tamed enraged giga will attack its own tribe? How is that an asset?

Ugh, I don't know why I let myself get drawn into this. It's not like I even play on vanilla anyway. Meh, I guess I'll respond at least one more time.

7 hours ago, MultiKore said:

Lul, you do realise that a tamed enraged giga will attack its own tribe? How is that an asset?

Get a telescope, whistle "Attack that target", and stay at a safe distance until it's calm. You can even send a pack of Gigas to attack together, because even when enraged they won't attack each other (unless there was a change that I didn't hear about). And to answer your question: It's an asset because it gives it a big buff to damage and stamina.

7 hours ago, MultiKore said:

You realise that a giga doesn't do much more damage than a rex, right?

Only if we're talking about an extremely low-level Giga, like level 1. A high-level Giga will be FAR higher. And of course that's not even taking into account the rage buff.

21 hours ago, MultiKore said:

Uh...this has been the same for ages. Best dino is added everyone uses it and complains cause "[insert most powerful dino here]are the only land dino that everyone users" blah blah. People will cry when a more powerful dino than the Giga is released saying "i wish my giga could take on an xyz, xyz being the only land dino anyone uses is a problem". Seriously get over it. People will always pick the most powerful dino in the game.

No, i won't get over it because your premise is not accurate.  Before the Giga, people used Rexes, brontos and spinos in equal measure (paracers too when they could have turrets).  There was not "1 dino to rule them all" as you claim.

9 hours ago, Lockjaw said:

Ugh, I don't know why I let myself get drawn into this. It's not like I even play on vanilla anyway. Meh, I guess I'll respond at least one more time.

Get a telescope, whistle "Attack that target", and stay at a safe distance until it's calm. You can even send a pack of Gigas to attack together, because even when enraged they won't attack each other (unless there was a change that I didn't hear about). And to answer your question: It's an asset because it gives it a big buff to damage and stamina.

Only if we're talking about an extremely low-level Giga, like level 1. A high-level Giga will be FAR higher. And of course that's not even taking into account the rage buff.

Level 1 Gigas don't even exist....With the recent nerfs bringing their base damage down to 560 a 200% giga will only do 1.1k damage, you have to be super lucky to get near 185% post tame. Need i remind you that rexs do about the same damage...(possibly more)

On 8/28/2016 at 10:27 PM, Shrekasaurus said:

When I think of the three top predators of Ark. I think of the Giga, Spino and the Rex. The Spino for versatility and speed, the Giga for health and the Rex for power. Thats why I want the Giga's stats to be comparable to the stats of a Rex or Spino and not so much more astronomically large in size. I think they should make it so the Giga has more health, the Spino more speed and the Rex have the power. This would allow for better battles to occur instead of Giga's eating everything. There should be a trifecta of top carnivores not Giga eats everything. To me that's lost potential. Ofcourse in this case the stats of these creatures would be balanced and none would be overpowered if you know what I mean. I think I've seen a topic like this one before, but why not have it again. They could take the rage mechanic away. 

only the wild giga is OP since i played on many PvP servers and have killed gigas with rexs as well as had rexs with over 25K HP i dont fully see how a giga is so feared on servers, i was in the alpha tribe and we never taimed a giga and were feared by tribes with gigas (yes that S means more then 1 giga)

i do like the suggestion of lowering the giga to a spino / rex lvl it would stop people from crying that tribe is alpha they got multiple gigas (i just think let me enrage 1 and they got multiple dead and 1 heavily damaged giga and i got free loot) and that rage mechanic is a huge prob who wants to use a dino that you run over a rock then get tossed off and ate by just because it stubbed a toe.

Archived