Ark, The Adventure Continues.

rpicardi1

8 minutes ago, rpicardi1 said:

Because the entire chapter was written yesterday, some typos in grammar had slipped through. There is a us when there should be a is (Keyboard and fast typing.)

All good. Like i said it was my only problem, what i have read so far is great. I still haven't gotten around to reading all the chapters, i may do so tommorrow.

I dont expect people, least of all fellow writers, to be as impetuous as i am when it comes to correcting my grammar mistakes. I just see the mistake and WHAM it's gone...    

...Help me, i think i have a problem. :/

Chapter 17. The City of Sodom or Gomorrah.

With being resupplied by the wyverns and all threats to us and our tames removed from the surrounding area, we have been freed to conduct a complete survey of this abandoned city.

Our first survey starts in the half buried arena dominated by the Mantacore statue above what would be a private booth for their leaders. “This must be where the rulers of this city conducted their events,” says Dr Sanders.

“Given the statue above and the evidence we have found below so far, this place had to be as brutal as what took place in the Colosseum of Rome,” answers Professor Narcy.

Continuing our exploration, we find a structure resembling a place of worship. There is a huge mural, in back of an alter, depicting humanoid figures kneeling in front of a floating Obelisk as one of them ascends up to it. “One of the dangers of not following the Prime Directive in Star Trek,” says Tod. “If an advanced race reveals their presence too soon to a developing culture, they run the risk of being worshiped by them. That culture can become corrupt finally destroying themselves in the process.”

We continue exploring the market place, then the residential areas of that city. “Most evil,” says Mary. “There are murals and numerous other signs that the residences kept animals, slaves, and harems for their own personal pleasures.”

“For all we know, this place could have been the Sodom or Gomorrah of our biblical times,” I answer.

As noon approaches, we head back to our camp to talk about our findings. Surprise! Electra, Tesla, Paragon, and Sleeper fly in landing beside me. They wants to know what we have discovered about the ruins.

“A most evil place,” I tell them. “It appears that the humanoids living here held sacrifices to the Obelisk of Ark when The Keepers revealing themselves too soon to those that lived here.”

“This arena they built to entertain their leaders and its privileged elites. We found evidence of all kinds of brutal bloody fights to the death between individuals and beasts. Worse yet, we found evidence of how they captured wyverns and secured them in chains so they couldn't properly defend themselves in such battles. They were responsible for these shackles that so tormented the Red Alpha all those years. Had it let us, we could have released it from the torment that drove it mad.”

“Even worse is what they did to each other and the creatures living with them. The elites kept slaves and creatures to use for their bidding and sexual pleasures. The evidence is there that torture was part of the indulging of those pleasures. We have seen similar evidence back in early Earth's history in the ruins of two cities called Sodom or Gomorrah and another called Pompeii. They were reported to have been destroyed by a huge fireball from the Heavens while Pompeii was buried by a massive volcanic eruption.”

“That is most frightening,” Electra tells me. “I now understand why the Red Alpha so hated humanoids.”

“What is most frightening to me is we are seeing similar signs of such evil starting to take place where I come from. It may be why The Keepers have allowed us to experience the Ark four times in the past several years. They have been testing us to see if we are worth saving from the evil that is coming, or not.”

“I do hope The Keepers protect you and your wonderful friends,” answers Electra. “I would be so sad to lose any of them especially you.”

“Thank you Electra,” as I hug her by her neck. “We will certainly miss you when we leave Ark.” I tell her as the rest of the tribe come up for a group hug with her and our new wyvern friends.

Bv6shki.jpg

Chapter 18. Our return to The Center.

(Author's note. That dream never happened.)

It is early morning as we break camp to head for the beach in preparation to sailing back to The Center. The wyverns have come by to clear away any threats to us making for a safe trip. Yet, Electra is not with them. I'm left wondering why she didn't come with them today.

Surprise! They have even brought and launched our spare rafts for us. Two additional ones have been prepared for our Parcer and Morellotops.

Paragon lands nearby to ask if their arrangements have met our expectations. “Outstanding,” I answer. “How was it possible for you to do these things for us?”

“The Keepers have given us the same ability to craft items as you have,” she answers. “We can now use the same creatures you have used in Ark to aid us in gathering the materials needed.”

“That's wonderful,” I tell her. “You even have the Specimen Implants in your left wing. It will make life so much easier for your kind. Use those powers wisely. Don't end up like that abandoned city or the Red Alpha.”

“Thank you for those kind words,” answers Paragon.

“I hope you understand when I say that you are my second best wyvern friend here.”

“I understand,” answers Paragon. “I'm so pleased with your close relationship with Electra. She's been so happy ever since she returned to us.”

We are about ready to sail back when Electra comes flying in all excited. “She wants to show me something important,” I tell the others. “Start sailing for The Center. I will catch up with you later.”

She flies me back to the Great Split into the south end landing next to a new nest containing a light gray fertile wyvern egg. Examining it I find that the parental stats imprinted to the egg is Electra's level of 92 and the father, my level of 90. It will hatch in six days.

“This is your egg?” I ask.

“Yes,” she responds.

“How is a fertile egg possible when there are no male wyverns left on Scorched Earth?”

“After visiting The Keepers, I had this most wonderful dream being together with this kind and gentle gray male wyvern.”

“Oh. My. Gosh!” I interrupt in shock. “I had that same dream too. I was a gray male wyvern that spent a most wonderful night with you. Level 90 is where I was at after we killed the Red Alpha. This has to be something The Keepers made possible. There is no other way this could have happened.”

“Somehow, I knew it had to be you,” Electra answers softly.

I hug Electra around her neck as I try to recover from the shock that it was possible for something like this to happen. Then, I suddenly find myself at her level rubbing her neck with my wyvern head.

“What just happened? “I ask.

“It was you!” answers an excited Electra with tears of joy.

“How am I going to explain this to my friends?” as I look at my strange new appearance through my implant.

“Your friends will understand,” answers Electra.

“Will you be OK when you fly back with me to the raft?” I ask.

“Yes,” she answers. “You need to be with your friends. I will send someone for you when the egg hatches.”

“I hope The Keepers let me stay on Ark long enough so I can see our new offspring when the egg hatches.” I answer.

After regaining my composure from the shock of turning into a wyvern, I spend some time alone with her.

Electra flies back with me to the rafts which are already a long ways from shore. It is quite an experience to actually be flying instead of riding out there, but it is getting quite exhausting as I don't have that kind of stamina. We find the rafts but there is no room on any of them for me to land. “How are you going to land on the raft?” she ask me.

“I don't know,” I answer all out of breath. “I'll try landing on the one with the wolves. If they move out of the way, I may be able to land on it.”

“What was that all about?” ask Sarah when I suddenly materialize on the raft. “We saw a gray wyvern flying out here with Electra. It vanished as soon as it touched down on the raft and now you are here.”

“That was me,” I answer still out of breath. “I'm in shock and embarrassed at the same time. Here I am, at my age, going to be a father of a newborn wyvern on Ark.”

“How is that possible?” ask Tod.

“The night after we killed the Red Alpha, both of us had this vivid dream of being together. I, as that gray wyvern you just saw, and Electra in what you could call a romantic setting.”

“Ark Survival Primal,” answers Tod. “In that game, one can play any of the creatures in Ark. The Keepers must be experimenting with that concept. They had you become that gray wyvern in what appeared to be a dream with Electra. It has to be something like what took place in the movie Avatar That had to have been a most fascinating experience.”

“It just complicates thing so much further since I have become so attached to her from day one.” I answer emotionally upset. “It is going to be so difficult on both of us when I leave Ark.”

“The Keepers must have planned for that to happen,” answers Tod. “Too many things have taken place that were way out of the norm.”

“Wild wyverns are suppose to be untameable according to The Survivor's handbook. To have one, you would have to steal a fertle egg and raise it to adulthood. Yet, we ended up with all of them as our loyal friends after their leader was killed.”

“I notice something else interesting about wyverns on this Ark,” says Sarah. “Midevil history mentions four kinds of wyvern, yet, we have only seen three, fire, electrical, and poison. There is a fourth. It is called an Ice Wyvern. Like the one we saw with Electra that vanished when you landed on the raft, they are gray in color. Their weapon, an ice ray that freezes solid whatever living thing it hits.”

“Electra's egg is gray,” I answer.

“Then, it looks like Scorched Earth is going to get it's first ice wyvern,” answers Sarah.

“Will it be able to live in that hot environment?” I ask Sarah.

“Yes, it will be just at home there as anyplace else.”

“I just realized something else,” I answer. “When I first saw Electra and gave her that piece of Super Test Meat I took from that drop, I never got a message that said she had been tamed. In fact, I never got any message about her being tamed at all. All I was getting were messages about her health, maturity, and bonding. She never was a tame of our tribe at any time, even now. She must have made the choice, with her own free will, to stay with us in spite of what she feared could happen to her as a result.”

“I don't think that any of the wyverns registered as tame,” answers Tod. “Tesla never registered as tame, before, or after we gave them their freedom. She took me wherever I wanted her to go and showed me things she thought I would be interested in.”

“Zippo didn't register as a tame either,” answers Sarah. “She made sure I was sitting on her securely to take me on a grand tour.”

“A most unusual turn of events,” answer Tod. “It would explain all the unusual things that has happened these past few days.”

Chapter 19 We return home.

The trip back to The Center goes smoothly with fair sailing and good weather. My favorite wolf is by my side trying to comfort me as I ponder over what has just happened and what my future is going to be like. Tod and Sarah leave me to my thoughts. “Until you are ready to talk about it, we will keep this secret from the others,” they assure me.

We land at the docks of our Primitive Plus village and unload the tames from our rafts. No one else mentions seeing me coming back to the raft given that Tod and Sarah were sailing way behind the others. Our wolf pack is happy to be on familiar ground, the two new ones not sure about this new lush green surroundings. Patrick comes out to meet the Parcer we brought back from Scorched Earth. They both look happy to be in each others company. Our Pteras are glad to see us, but have managed to go fishing on their own when the fish ran out in the Feeding Trough.

Our tames on The Center have thrived quite well without us in spite of us being gone far longer then expected. With five day left on Ark, we make our preparations to release the rest of our tames where they can care for themselves in the safest environment we can find for them.

We are not sure what we should do with the Thorny Dragon pair. Michael suggest sending them over to Volcano Island. We take them there giving them their freedom. The local T-Rex quickly learns to leave them alone after he spends the rest of the day trying to remove the quills now sticking out of his face.

We no longer have the pair of Giant Mantas Joe and I tamed on Scorched Earth. We had left them back on the base where they had become casualties of Tesla's attack.

The Morellatops find a home on Scorched Island. There is vegetation there, no predator threats, and the temperature range is to their liking.

We take the wolves back to South Tundra which has always been their natural home They bid us farewell as we release them back to the wild as we have done twice before.

Our Jarboas stay with us for now. While their weather forecasting is less critical here then on Scorched Earth, everyone enjoys their cuteness and playful antics. We will release them on Secluded Island with the Parcer pair before we have to report to the Green Obelisk for our return.

As our last day on Ark approaches, I am lost in though wondering how Electra is getting along without me. Has her egg hatched by now? Has Paragon's egg hatched as well? Will I get to see them before we leave Ark for good?

All too soon, it is time to leave. We sail to the Green Obelisk and prepare it as instructed. “What is wrong with Halsey?” Mary ask Sarah.

“The past two weeks has been very emotional for him,” she answers.

“Does it have something to do with Electra?” ask Mary. “I have never seen anyone get so attached to a tame on Ark before.”

“I believe that is the problem but it is more complicated then that,” answers Sarah. “Electra never was a tame. None of the wyverns were. He told me the Super Test meat he fed her did not result in a tame. He never got that message from his engram. That fire wyvern I walked up to never registered as being a tame as Michael reported to us. In fact, even before we released them from their commitment to being our loyal tames, none of them ever registered as being tames. Professor Narcy's Survivor's Handbook was right when it says wyverns are untameable. It just never mentions that they might choose to become our good friends.”

“He will probably tell the rest of us when the time is right,” answers Tod.

We enter the ring of the Green Obelisk as Mary access the alter entering the code she has been given in a note delivered the night before. With the distortion of the surrounding area and a flash of light, we ascend into the Green Obelisk and are on our way back.

“Where's Halsey?” ask Mary in alarm as Dr Sanders expedition re-materializes outside of the shale cliff where they first found the artifact crate.

“He seemed to just vanish about the same time that Professor Narcy's group did.” answers Sarah.

“Could he have ended up with Professor Narcy instead of here?” Ask Joe?

“Let me give Professor Narcy a call on his SAT Phone,” answers Dr Sanders.

It takes several minutes for the call to go through when after a short conversation, Dr Sanders makes his report.

“Professor Narcy reports that conditions in the Sinai are a picnic compared to those on Scorched Earth. He says he saw Halsey vanish about the same time the rest of us did, but, he is not with them.”

“Before he left the chamber where they found the artifact crate, Ahab found a stone tablet on the floor. He took it with him outside as the chamber started falling into itself. After the dust had cleared, he took a good look at it. There was a carving of The Obelisk on it with Egyptian hieroglyphs on both sides. They are busy translating the inscriptions now.”

“Now, what do we do?” ask Mary.

“Nothing,” I say as I return carrying the shell of an ice wyvern egg.

“Is that Electra's?” ask Sarah excitingly.

“Yes it is,” I answer. “She was so happy to see me again. There are now two ice wyverns on Scorched Earth. My Avatar, and my son.”

Everyone except for Sarah and Tod appears stunned by my statement, so I invite them all into the tent to tell them what happened after we got separated.

“Tod,” I ask. “Can you tell everyone how Ark Survival Primal works.”

“It is a variation of Ark Survival Evolved where, instead of being a human survivor on Ark, you are one of its creatures.” answers Tod.

“The Keepers involved me in an experiment when they placed that unusual loot crate we found as we landed on Scorched Earth. They were looking for a way to get rid of the Red Alpha so they could reverse the damage it had done to the wyvern tribe they had been studying there. They made sure that we would find Electra. They had never foreseen that Electra and I would become so emotionally attached to each other.”

“You see, she never was my tame the day we found her hiding in the dome badly injured, even after I fed her the Super Test Meat, the wyvern milk, and I rode her into battle to kill the alpha sand worm. In fact, none of the wyverns were, even after the fight with the Red Alpha when they all appeared to be our tames. Instead, they chose to be our friends.”

“At the end of that most interesting day, I had this vivid dream that I was with Electra, as a gray male wyvern in a most intimate setting. I found out it actually happened the day Electra came to see me all excited that she had laid this very egg. It turned out not to be a dream after all, but something The Keepers had arranged to get us together as a specie using a wyvern Avatar for my body.”

“I think we really surprised them that night and twice later. I was told later that wyvern sex is rough and violent. Ours was just the opposite. It was gentle and tender. We both had thoroughly enjoyed the moment.”

“When I got to see Electra's egg, I found myself back in my wyvern Avatar. She was so happy to learn it was actually me. That's when things emotionally got out of hand. I almost waited too long to fly back. Tod and Sarah saw my Avatar when I flew back to the raft and tried to land on it.”

“Electra's tribe had been living on Scorched Earth for centuries. It was a refuge from the days of Mid-evil times on Earth, where the Vikings and early European Knights had found a portal there. Some had made human contact when dragons and wyverns found out that they all spoke a common language. But that relationship quickly soured as a result of the fear of the unknown by other superstitious visitors and the fights that followed.”

“While reverend at first by the Vikings, who decorated their lodges and long boats with carvings of their heads, they were nearly hunted to extinction by the Knights and their legions who were armed with powerful weapons.”

“Electra was hatched under turbulent times on Scorched Earth. The wyverns were under the iron rule of the Red Alpha who absolutely hated humans. As she was approaching maturity, things went downhill fast. The males of the tribe tried to challenge the Red Alpha's authority. Two were killed as it fought off that initial attack. It later retaliated by picking off the other males one by one in surprise ambushes.”

“Electra's father had survived as he had remained close to his mate and daughter. Then, one day, two Argys show up along the Great Split with humans riding them. The wyverns are ordered out to kill all Argys in the area. That was the day Michael and Denny were out searching for the rest of us.”

“The Red Alpha is so outraged when it sees Sleeper fall to the ground that it takes out it's anger on Electra. She sees her father being killed as she and her mother flee South around the mountain near the abandoned city. They manage to hide in the cliff overhangs until early morning when they make a dash for the Dome Ruins.”

“The Red Alpha had remained nearby waiting for them to fly off. Electra is badly hurt when the Red Alpha attacks her. She only gets away when her mother gets between them. She sees her mother falling from the sky as she crawls inside the Dome Ruin to hide.”

“It is unknown why the pursuit didn't continue. Could it have been an intervention by The Keepers? The presence of our rafts on the horizon? Or the upcoming storm.”

“I realize now that her injuries were not caused by the raptors, they had been attracted by the presence of her injuries in hope of an easy meal. They were waiting for her to die after she had taken out three of them.”

“An outcast, badly hurt, the raptors circling outside, growing in numbers, and having seen both of her parents killed, she just laid there, shaking in fear, wondering what would happen next.”

“It was the sound of the raptors being ripped apart by our wolf pack, then, their growling that scared her the most. She heard my order for the wolves to stand down as the storm hit. That gave her some hope that she wouldn't be ripped to pieces as she watched me approach, then carefully hand her the Super Test Meat from the special drop.”

“It, of course did not tame her. It couldn't. Like the rest of the wyverns, she was an untameable creature. But the meat had served another purpose. It took away the pain and started healing her injuries. That made her feel so much better. Mary's Medical Brew was an additional help in relaxing her. And, when I gave her the wyvern milk, she decided she would stay with me.”

“Still, she waited until the others had left before she had enough courage to ask me for the last of the Wyvern Milk as she reached maturity.”

“That sealed the emotional bond between us. If it were not for The Keepers providing an Avatar, I would very likely, still be on Ark with her.”

“When I was sent back to Scorched Earth from the Obelisk, I saw my son for the first time with Electra. She wanted so badly to bring him here with me. As you all know, that would be far more dangerous for all of us then the fight with the Red Alpha and all the wild wyverns combined. The Keepers agreed, then came up with a solution for the benefit of us both. My Avatar would remain with her on Scorched Earth, living with the wyvern so my human body could return here. In short, I am now in two places at once.”

“Periodically, I may appear to be in a trance, unaware of what is going on in my surroundings. When that happens, it is because my mind is back on Scorched Earth syncing my thoughts with my Avatar. Yet even now, as I tell you this story, I am still in that Avatar with Electra and our son.”

“Electra is so happy that I have chosen to remain with her as the Avatar. All the female wyverns have been bidding for my attention, given I am now the only adult male wyvern there with them. I must keep gently reminding them that I am for Electra and Electra alone. That has also surprised The Keepers that I have made the choice to be loyal with one mate even though I remain good friends with the others. The Keepers promise me they will make arrangements for their emotional needs so they don't drive my Avatar crazy.”

“Paragon has a baby girl. She has already paired up with our son. Sarah's wyvern had twin girls. Tesla and Zippo have boys. They are all so happy they chose to be friends with us.”

“Absolutely amazing,” responds Dr Sanders. “If I hadn't been there to see Ark for myself, you would be certified nuts. I can see how such a bond could form giving the amazing time I had with that lady wyvern that took me for a grand tour of Scorched Earth.”

“For now, we will classify Electra's egg shell as that of a Titanasaur. No one will know the difference.”

“We agree, responds Chief Terry and Pauline. Our wyverns were such gracious and gentle creatures. No one must ever know they exist for real.”

Before we return from our expedition, I get a flashback from my Avatar. Draco, (The Dragon from the third adventure,) has paid Electra and I a visit on Scorched Earth. He is so surprised with our close relationship. I tell him about our story, how The Keepers enabled me to stay on Ark with her, and how our friends, the female wyverns living with us, so badly want to share in our intimate experience. He tells me he has a solution for my problem. He comes back later with their mates that were killed by the Red Alpha. Electra's parents also return. They are most fascinated with our relationship. And, a surprise, the Red Alpha returns. She is so thankful to be rid of the shackles and is so sorry for letting the hate so blind her to any alternative in getting rid of that torment. She is forgiven by the wyverns and accepted back into their tribe.

--------------

It is a year later when Dr Sanders calls us together for a private meeting in the conference room. “Professor Narcy has sent us a video from his most recent expedition back into the Andes.”

We watch the video in awe as I go into a flashback, then return to reality. It is Chief Traska with his twin sons Marcy and Mincy. They are on Scorched Earth. The sons are both standing in front of two adult Ice Wyverns holding a conversation with one of them. “There's Electra,” I say. “She looks so happy. There's Paragon with her young daughter and a handsome looking fire wyvern I have never seen before. And, there is Red Alpha. She looks gorgeous. I just can't tell which of the grays are my son or my Avatar. They look so identical.”

“Now, I can tell,” I answer. “I am standing next to Electra. Chief Traska's sons can't believe that they are actually talking to me.”

“Professor Narcy told them the story of our adventure on Scorched Earth.” answers Dr Sanders. “They found it most fascinating.”

“His warriors were able to recover the three artifacts of Scorched Earth for the tributes in plans for challenging themselves with the Manticore, but, they canceled that challenge. They quickly made the decision that they would do no harm to any of these wonderful creatures for their talons. They said Halsey being one of them was reason enough. They would find another way.”

And, they did. They find a loot crate containing the required wyvern talons. But, that is an adventure for another day.

Author Note. On October 13, I spawned in and custom colored My Avatar used in this story. The command below gave me a custom fire wyvern since the ice one is not used in Scorched Earth. Those will come colored in red.

The colors were then changed using the additional commands below and the WIKI values for the specific color region that were changed.

For the Avatar in the game given the difficulty setting of 0.1 in use;

admincheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/ScorchedEarth/Dinos/Wyvern/Wyvern_Character_BP_Fire.Wyvern_Character_BP_Fire'" 500 0 0 40

With the Forcetame command, the Avatar tamed out at level 60

For the custom gray color of the Ice Wyvern;

SetTargetDinoColor 0 18

SetTargetDinoColor 2 8

SetTargetDinoColor 4 28

SetTargetDinoColor 5 40

Even though the game spawned in a female, there is no difference in how they look between them and a male in Ark.

• 2 weeks later...

I found it in SE, The Red Alpha. These are the natural game colors. They have not been changed using the set target dino color cheat.

a6XZXfw.jpg

lZIB3wS.jpg

And, I am flying on Electra. (Enemy invisible cheat active.)

Chapter 16, 17, and 19 have been updated to add details as to why Red Alpha so hated the humans of Scorched Earth. Be sure to re read those chapters to catch the updates.

One more addition as a chapter by itself. The story behind the behavior of Red Alpha.

Additional to Chapter 16, Why were the wyverns so confused after Red Alpha was killed?

Red Alpha had been having another one of her bad day. Those cursed shackles have been most painful as a result of the fight she had been in with Electra's father, then, the battle in the morning when Electra's mother separated them allowing her to escape.

Red Alpha saw the fleet of rafts on the horizon as she searched the desert looking for Electra to finish her off. When the torment of the shackles causing such pain and the approaching storm on the other horizon she decided to call off the search and find a place to rest.

She did not want to return to The Great Split in her current state for fear that the others would sense weakness and make a move to be rid of her. After all, the wyvern males nearly did just that a week earlier, but failed in their attempt.

Red Alpha story of torment starts 40 years ago when the City of the Dunes was a bustling urban trading center in the Dune Desert. It was a primitive style Sin City where the sex trade thrived and anything possible took place for a price.

The Manticore Arena was the pride of the emperor of Scorched Earth. It was the gathering place for the elite and well to do merchants. In that arena, bloody spectacles were conducted. Scores between individuals were settled often to the death. Prisoners were placed in battles with the wild beast of Scorched Earth. Wyverns were often captured and chained to stone pillars to do battle with brave warriors trying to win the favor of some pretty maiden.

Then, on that fateful day, a young Red Alpha was captured. She had fallen victim to a tranquilizing agent placed inside a parasaur left in the edge of the Dune Desert as bait.

She was aware of the slaves that loaded her on a cart pulled by Morellotops, a creature genetically engineered by the Desert Nomads of Scorched Earth. That cart hauled her into the Manticore Arena where she was unloaded. The pain of the second shackle being locked into place jolted her into conscious when she lashed out, breaking the shackle chains, killing the beast handler, and eating him. (That is how she ended up with the flack armor, pike, and the key to the shackles in her inventory.)

The sky soon darkened as she escape, flying towards the Northern Cave and safe haven. The ground shook, then split open forming the present day Great Split. Lava bombs pelted the landscape of Scorched Earth destroying the city and its surrounding suburbs.

Some nomads were camped at the cave entrance looking at the darkening sky when she arrived. She blasted them with a firestorm taking them and their tames out with that one single attack.

The memories of that awful day still lingered when Michael's tribe showed up on Scorched Earth. She had wanted to attack them but was persuaded by the others to study how they would survive in the high desert plateau.

Electra and her good friend Paragon had volunteered for the job. They would observe and report their findings back to the others.

They found it most interesting how the tribe first obtained morellotops, then a pair of wolves which required no saddles or bridle for riding. They decided that they would not tell Red Alpha or the others about the curious relationship with the wolf pair.

Later, it was the taming of the Argys they found interesting. It was how obedient they were under saddle and bridle, no hitting or prodding, and how the two birds seem to be affectionate with Michael and Denny while under their care. They were most amazed to see the two Argys perched on the roof of the compound with no restraint or cage of any kind.

Red Alpha was not happy when she saw Michael and Denny on the Argys as they flew over The Great Split. When she saw Sleeper go down from the tranc arrows, she exploded with rage and went after Electra.

Paragon feared the worse but knew she could be next if she asked the returning Red Alpha about Electra. She stayed out of her sight the best she could as Red Alpha ordered Tesla that morning to go find the base and destroy it.

It was early afternoon when Red Alpha learned that the combined tribe of humans had camped out just East of the city ruins. She does not know that Electra is with them. Red Alpha orders Sleeper, Tesla, and Zippo to take down the Argys.

Tesla is the first to arrive only to be surprised at how fast the four Argys are able to flank her. She hears some faint pops as the slight sting of four darts hit her in the neck causing her to lose conscious a couple of seconds later. Sleeper and Zippo soon become victims of those same darts before they can react to escape.

Red Alpha is so furious she forgets to order the rest of the Wyverns in to attack ahead of her. It is, as the others are following, that Paragon sees a wyvern hit Red Alpha with a lightning bolt.

“Is that Electra?” Paragon asks the others in total surprise.

“It sure is,” says a nearby poison wyvern. “And there is a humanoid riding her with no saddle or bridle.”

“Oh My Gosh!” exclaims Paragon in shock and disbelief. “They are going to take on Red Alpha by themselves.”

“Oh No!” says Paragon as Red Alpha unleashes a fireball. “They ducked under it! They now have her by the throat! She can't maneuver. Another humanoid has jumped on her back with some kind of a spear. Ow, that was blinding. They are all down. What just happened?”

“We should attack.”

“No.”

“But, they killed Tesla, Sleeper, and Zippo.”

“No, they are still alive, just dazed looking.”

Landing in a circle around them, the chatter continues.

“The humans, they are all running over to Electra. Two of them just pulled something out of Electra's mouth, They are now stroking her head and neck. They look really concerned about her. She just woke up. She seems so content by their presence.”

“Two of them are checking over Red Alpha. Look at the hole in her throat. Did Electra do that? That must be the chunk of flesh those two pulled out of her mouth.”

“They are taking off those shackles on Red Alpha. Oh, that wound looks awful. They are just as shocked by it.”

Finally, Paragon can no longer wait.

“Electra,” as Paragon rushes in to embrace her, “I thought that I would never see you again.”

“I so wanted to return but feared what would happen if I did. It's a long story,” answers Electra. “Had Halsey not found me hiding from Red Alpha while badly wounded, I would have not made it. He had the wyvern milk I needed. He said it was in a loot crate he found. There was also Super Test Meat that took away the pain from those injuries. Mary had Medical Brew that helped to heal them. Halsey stayed with me when the storm cleared so they could go look for Michael and the others.”

“Does that mean you are now his tame?” ask Paragon.

“No,” answer Electra. “We became fascinated talking to each other. He has been so kind and gentle with me that we became close friends. The others have been equally kind to me. He and Michael were willing to abandon their expedition over my concern of what could have happened today.”

“How wrong Red Alpha was about these humans." answers Paragon.  "If only she knew that some of them are different. I saw Michael and Denny remove those shackles and how disgusted they were over who had put them on her. So many years in torment. She could have ended it by just asking them to remove it.”

“I can't believe that I actually did it,” answers Electra. “Halsey told me what to do. His attack plan worked perfectly. I had Red Alpha immobilized. Michael hit her with the shock lance. It packed quite a wallop. My jaw still hurts from that impact. I still feel dazed from its shock.”

“You ripped her throat out when you fell,” answers Paragon. “Halsey and Michael pulled the flesh out of your mouth. They were concerned you would choke on it while you were still unconscious.”

“Then, you believe that I killed her?” ask Electra.

“You need not have any regrets for doing so,” answers Paragon. “Red Alpha was going paranoid. I realize that when she killed all the other males. I was so fearful that she had killed you. I'm so glad that she didn't succeed and that Halsey and his friends were able to help you recover.”

“It is been quite a day.” answers Electra. “I'm so glad things have turned out the way they did. You need to introduce yourself to Halsey. I think that he will become quite fascinated with you.”

Archived