Suggestions For Primitive+

Birdskull

Hey there! 
I thought of a something that I wanted to share as a suggestion for Primitive+. I'll be posting this in general ARK suggestions too.

Milk-
Only collectible from female Phiomia, milk is a consumable that can be fed to baby mammals(or all animals?) to fill them up for a longer time before needing food again. A female Phiomia would be able to make milk every few hours so long as she has food available to her at all times. Milk would be stored in a glass jar and spoils VERY quickly unless kept cold. 
Milk can be consumed by humans if it is heated in a cauldron or cooking pot for a few minutes, at which point it becomes "pasteurized milk." Once milk becomes pasteurized milk it cannot be consumed by baby animals and can only be consumed by humans.

For baby animals, milk can be consumed to keep them full longer, and helps them grow out of their baby stage faster. Once an animal becomes a juvenile, it cannot drink milk any longer and must be fed meat or berries. 

For players, regular milk cannot be drank. Pasteurized milk can be drank, and greatly fills the player's hunger and a small bit of their water. Milk also keeps the player slightly warmer.

To go a little further, both types of milk would spoil into "spoiled milk" which makes you sick if you consume it. But if spoiled milk is refrigerated for a long period of time with sparkpowder and oil, it becomes cheese. Cheese can be used in rockwell recipes and maybe even some kibbles.

32 minutes ago, BaneOfAmirbek08 said:

I don't think baby dinosaurs would want to drink milk it would be better if only mammal babies drank milk that would make more sense. There should separate species that generates milk

One should be able to get milk as a resource from all the mammals in the game. That milk would be specific for the baby of that species and have a spoil time similar to fresh meat.

As far as a human resource, rather then consuming it as raw or pasteurized, it could be converted to cheese and butter which would have a much longer shelf life.

• 1 month later...

Archived